Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland (34687 Views)

Hoodlums Disrupt Chieftaincy Installation By Olubadan / 5-Year-Old Adebayo Olamilekan 'Adigun Olowe' Bags Chieftaincy Title In Lagos / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Foreverdope: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
A young Nigerian lady identified as, Tracy Chapele-Ugo, has been conferred with a traditional title in her hometown in Urhoboland.

The young lady who took to social media to share the news says she has broken a 100-year tradition in Urhobo land.

According to her, the title was previously conferred on her father and in over 100 years, the Kings in Urhobo land never give the chieftaincy title of a deceased chief to any of his daughters, particularly if he had a son.

However, she was considered worthy and her father’s title transferred to her by her king in Udu kingdom in Delta state.

In almost a 100 years #Urhobo Kings don’t give a Father’s Chieftaincy title to his daughter esp when there are sons. Today my family/People/Elders/Ovie found me worthy. Daddy’s Chieftaincy title has been transferred to me.
Chief Suo Chapele;Okugbe 2 of Udu Kingdom #Oghenemigwo”, she tweeted.

See her tweet below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR1uFJBqpbQ

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Foreverdope: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
I love feminism when u strive to do great things not wen u try leeching from SIMPle men

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by BlackfireX: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2021
Her mouth will do wonders to me

Is she married??

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by NotKnown: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congrats to her.

Hope she won't be rude?

2 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
E go dey pepper some people for nairaland now...abeg enjoy your life and rule those men..
I admire women like this..great women

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by revived2: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
Okay good
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by diplomat058(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hmm. In these times of inflation and crises, almost everything now has a price, including patriarchy as an institution and every peck previously precluded for it

Congratulations Lady

4 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by IamRichards: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
WAAWUUUU!

1 Like

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by MaverickA3: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations.
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by God1000(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
Wow, this one is a real african woman, not a feminist

7 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Pootle: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
na so the world is changing...ladies pay dowry now wink
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Parisian: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
kiss
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by walozanga(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Nice
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by zolajpower: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Foreverdope:
A young Nigerian lady identified as, Tracy Chapele-Ugo, has been conferred with a traditional title in her hometown in Urhoboland.

The young lady who took to social media to share the news says she has broken a 100-year tradition in Urhobo land.

According to her, the title was previously conferred on her father and in over 100 years, the Kings in Urhobo land never give the chieftaincy title of a deceased chief to any of his daughters, particularly if he had a son.

However, she was considered worthy and her father’s title transferred to her by her king in Udu kingdom in Delta state.

In almost a 100 years #Urhobo Kings don’t give a Father’s Chieftaincy title to his daughter esp when there are sons. Today my family/People/Elders/Ovie found me worthy. Daddy’s Chieftaincy title has been transferred to me.
Chief Suo Chapele;Okugbe 2 of Udu Kingdom #Oghenemigwo”, she tweeted.

See her tweet below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR1uFJBqpbQ
G
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Vinnie2000(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Urhobo Wado!

Where una Dey?

I like Urhobos because their Dowries dey dey Cheap!
And thier Babes nor dey too Bill Guymen cool cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by radna2: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Title na wetin dey kill us. Na just load for head. What will you use this thing to achieve now?

13 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Usman16(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Rubbish!

Urhobo with their stupid traditions and loosed women. From the very second dem give birth to their girls, their mothers indoctrinate them with easy virtues. na from dem I sabi say DNA na must for me from any woman wey come tell me shit.

2 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Gkay1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Na load dis lady go carry for head ooo.

Anyway, congratulations to u

2 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by BladeRoyce: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
The makeup artist did a terrible job, what's with the barakka looking kinda face??

7 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by binsanni(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
thunder
BlackfireX:
Her mouth will do wonders to me

Is she married??
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Roon9(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mad o
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Kingcalls: 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
GonzalezAguero:
E go dey pepper some people for nairaland now...abeg enjoy your life and rule those men..
I admire women like this..great women

Rule those men how?? Another empty head on the prowl

13 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
Everything in delta can be bought with money.
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by KillAlabi2021(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
Abomination

She will sit her bleeding p-hole on the throne
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by emmy4real94(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
Give her the Hallaa!
Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

[s]Rule those men how?? Another empty head on the prowl[/s]
I repeat rule men like this who don't fail to display their stupidity online..

1 Like

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by dultraray: 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Oyiwvikigho(It shall be well with money)
Urhobo wado

5 Likes

Re: Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
Usman16 post=108526735:
Rubbish

grin wink cheesy tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin / Sanusi's Sons Go For A Horse Riding In Kano (Photo) / Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.