Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,948 members, 7,838,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

A Lesson From A Game Of Darts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lesson From A Game Of Darts (585 Views)

Who Is This Clueless Boy? Learn A Lesson From His Stupidity [Picture +18] / How I Taught A Slay Queen A Lesson / Guy's; Learn A Lesson From This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lesson From A Game Of Darts by Boldwinner(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2016
I learnt something from playing a game of darts yesterday. It's amazing how simple things like that teach us life lessons if we really get the message.
I wasn't used to playing darts always, so when I decided to play it again with some friends yesterday after a long period of time, I seriously got worse at aiming.
I wondered what the problem was and why I often missed. I'm naturally a very persistent person, so I decided that I will continue playing until I achieved my target which was to not miss any of the 8 darts I threw at the target board.
I tried many times and it was difficult to achieve that. I had to start over anytime I missed. In The Course of these attempts, I discovered something.
My mind was focused on perfectly gripping the dart and positioning myself well. I was often too conscious of holding the dart that I overlooked where my target was.
I was trying to throw the dart with the perfect grip and the perfect stance. But all the needless worry about perfection clouded my mind.
Then I decided to forget about being perfect in playing. I didn't want to throw with any perfect style. I proceeded to throw my dart effortlessly with only the target in focus.
Guess what? I threw 1, 2, 3, 4 …..8 darts without missing none of them. I smiled for certain and I saw the futility in trying to be too perfect.
All I needed to do was forget about the steps and just throw my dart while focusing on the board. That's all I had to do.
But you see, I often missed because I was concentrating on something that didn't even matter.
Those who discovered the best grips and postures to play darts discovered it out of their frequent and natural play.
They didn't try to fit in. They just played naturally and discovered the new styles you're trying to copy.
Being yourself is often best. This is not to say that one should not emulate best practices from experts. We must understand that the emulations should not be our only way. We must be free to try different things naturally by ourselves.
That gives us the chance to discover our own peculiar style which may not have been discovered yet.
So, forget about always being as perfect as another. Just do what you can do naturally while maintaining focus on your objectives.
The results will amaze you.
Keep Winning!

source: http://www.boldwinner.com

1 Like

Re: A Lesson From A Game Of Darts by Adasun(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
okay,i get u.
Re: A Lesson From A Game Of Darts by IamLEGEND1: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
what is this? in naija we don't play darts.

(1) (Reply)

Can This Be Possible..she Said She's On 100 Days Fasting And Prayer,so No Sex / List Of Things Ladies Say When Their Boyfriends Jilt Them. / Relationship Tips: 5 Must Learn Things We All Get To Understand From Breakups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.