Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,890 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times (48626 Views)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Stolen Assets: FG To Make Recovery Details Available Thursday – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Funjosh(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Wetin remain again, dey should just place NIGERIA for Olx tongue

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by shamecurls(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drabeey:
In as much as i dont Like this news..... Its the best option right now. Instead of paying to maintain these assets liabilities, why not just sell them and gain taxes,royalties from them.... Nonetheless, the money can be channeled to other things thereby easing the scourge of this recession we find ourselves.

I know it is still these corrupt politicians that will by them ooo but its a good initiative. I give kudos to FG on this...

Anyway.....

Drabeey was Here

You re the most brilliant man on this thread!

#Kudos

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by justmenoni: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
but she might be lucky to remarry just like aunty monalisa and mummy clarence## grin grin grin
femi4:
Otherwise her marriage will crash like that of Tiwa savage and might remain single for life like Genevieve or Rita dominic

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by jojothaiv(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mynd44:
They forgot both houses of the National Assembly.
Gbam!
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by masseratti: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
you guys voted in this clueless admin..

The FG should leave the assets for the host regions and let us all move on with our lives..these assets are already ready to be bought by the FG cronies..

We can't continue to be slaves to the FG...

The senators and other well meaning stake holders should fight against this sudden plan of FG to sell economical viable assets..

nlng should not be sold, that one is running very well, government interference is not much, but others should be sold please, which community owns NNPC or the refineries? no one can lay claims to those, all oil mining community or individuals should get royalties directly from the oil companies just like in the US that will safe guard the oil installations across the country, but Government should please, do not sell this asest like PHCN people who will get bank loans with no collateral to buy government assest and will use the assest as the collateral, that's fraud nothing else, and that's why We are suffering from estimated Bill.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by jojothaiv(m): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Please whoever padded our budget should also pad this one to add Buhari and Lai Mohammed to the list.

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by sheubaba2013: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
They should just sell Nigeria and let's go back to the era of the colonial masters. That will be the best. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by anonimi: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
7. East-West Rail lines

The concessioning of the East-West rail lines of the Nigeria Railways [size=13pt]is close to being completed,[/size] with General Electric-GE as the concessionaire, several government officials have said.
The deal would see GE invest $2 billion in the Nigerian economy, including refurbishment of the single-gauge lines abandoned for over a year.
Under the deal, government would receive a hefty signature fee in foreign currency, as it would in other asset proposed for concessioning.

Little by little the LIES, propaganda and fraudulent stories that propelled the Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC and their "expired" leader DullardPoo into power are being revealed for what they are.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4266395_amaechineverknewrailways_jpeg93b60e3ad5ed1457c2bc5c7e87dd7984

shift15:
My trip to Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project.
You can be the judge....
Dec. 28, 2014

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1979265_img20141226154904_jpeg40b5f4b69fa2000369dea1d0fb8622fd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1979292_img20141226160913_jpegf100a392d1b6ec48a3b01c282ac249fb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1979293_img20141226161215_jpeg3d38ca6556f9474a390b4540b9fdbef0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1979310_img20141226164805_jpeg3682a9523579a4bfdf9d2f5ddc1cc8b9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1979312_img20141227142543_jpeg924688ccc692f8676190282fb768db62

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Eshence: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drabeey:
In as much as i dont Like this news..... Its the best option right now. Instead of paying to maintain these assets liabilities, why not just sell them and gain taxes,royalties from them.... Nonetheless, the money can be channeled to other things thereby easing the scourge of this recession we find ourselves.

I know it is still these corrupt politicians that will by them ooo but its a good initiative. I give kudos to FG on this...

Anyway.....

Drabeey was Here
are u for real dis asset has been generatin income in d pass 40/50 years have u tout about how hard tins will become to nigeria citizens wen dey eventually sell off dis asset to private individuals tell me wat happen to Nepa? Nothing is working but we still pay accumulated bills
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Me I am not understanding anymore. I thought Lie Mohammed said that FG is not selling these assets anymore and that government would look for other ways to revive the economy.
They should start with that presidential air fleet first we only need 3 out of the 10 aircrafts. one for Mr president, one for his VP, and one for Mr senate president Shikena . all the rest should be sold. NLNG shouldn't be sold I don't support that.
First we have to see the layout plan for the sale of these assets and where the monies gotten from the sale of these assets woukd be channeled to.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by 4wrd9ja: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drabeey:

Anyway.....

Nawa for you o, anything this government does is OK by you , if tomorrow now they change their mind you again say brilliant ideas, are you not a stake holder?

Drabeey was Here
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by billyG(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
PMB built d Refineries,he sells it......Kini Big deal...Kini Big deal....shebi....shebi...we on FIRE...WE ON FIRE YEAH...WE ON FIRE YEAH.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by milkymouth(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=49850166][/quote]In my opinion, the best way out of Nigeria's problem is to sell Akwa Ibom State to a foreign country that doesn't produce oil, like South Africa or France.
Why Akwa Ibom? It is at the edge of Nigeria. Their next door neighbour is Cameroon and the Atlantic Ocean. There will be minimal disruption to the rest of the country. Akwa Ibom has over 50 oil wells and abundant gas reserves. The buyer gets the 50 plus oil wells and four million "overseas citizens". Nigeria still has a few thousand oil wells left from the other NDDC states and new wells from Lagos. This is like selling 10 acres of your farm when you have another 10,000 acres left to farm!
France is a better deal, if you ask me. They have deep pockets and are urgently in need of alternative mineral resources as they are closing a lot of their nuclear plants in the next 10 years. They need a readily available supply of gas and petroleum without the headache of dealing with OPEC and gyrating oil prices.
In return, Nigeria gets billions of dollars to settle all its debts and plough back cash into much needed infrastructure. For Akwa Ibom the workers get paid henceforth in Euro which they spend in the neighbouring states of Cross River and Abia. And the 4 million citizens get EU passports and can move freely to Europe to work and repatriate cash back to buy properties in Lagos and Abuja.
Everyone wins in this deal! Nigeria has one less state to share its allocation with. The state in turn now earns Euro and doesn’t need allocation from Nigeria.
There is precedence of this happening in the past. Alaska was acquired by the US from Russia, Louisiana from France, Texas from Mexico, US Virgin Islands from Denmark.
Presently, the French oversea territories are Réunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Polynesia, French Guiana, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna, Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin. French oversea territories have seats in the French Parliament and can vote in EU elections. Akwa Ibom will be the new oversea territory. The present Senators and Representatives will move from the Nigerian Senate and House of Representatives to the French Senate and French National Assembly respectively.
We don’t need to sell NLNG or other assets
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Mujaheeeden: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drabeey:

Anyway.....

Drabeey was Here
our bus driver is always off point

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by westbee: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
National Stadiums should top the list
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by sosmoney: 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=49850166][/quote]

Pls add Aso Rock, it will sell fast
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by ibietela2(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
anonimi:

.............and the SINators plus representaTHIEVES inside, gabadaya!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

What are they doing with 150b budget? And how do plan to get the money?

This country is really a business hyb for this guys that's is why they still come back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Aroh48(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Why not sell river niger an river benue.including sambisa forest and slash down all those useless lawbreakers salaries.dumb govt.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by jobsat34(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Please whoever padded our budget should also pad this one to add Buhari and Lai Mohammed to the list.

And to think that the duo has economic value at the moment?.. No investor would pay a dime for the duo
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by wirelessmaster: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
National issues are very sensitive issues. When people due to lack of knowledge are making mockery of issues that touched lives or nations, the best is to avoid such forum.

Firstly, how much is $13 billion dollar required to stay afloat as analyzed by the economic team? The investment in Africa Financed Corporation was largely from savings made by OBJ govt, the rest equity from Nigeria belongs to some Nigerian Banks. My earlier posting in Nairaland on Senators debate on recession is repeated below;

They should deliberate on how crude oil money which was sold for $15/barrel in the late 90's, by the grace of God, suddenly skyrocketed to above $100 in 2008 and later above $140 as at 2013 with increased average daily output and open illegal bunkering under high crude oil price and the majority of the income stolen. Even under low oil price, debt was paid with excess above $50 billion left in foreign reserve by OBJ. The money above or below $30 billion left by GEJ is the remnant of the reserve OBJ left with over $20 billion already spent. How much did Obj met as debt and how much did he inherit as foreign reserve?

How much did Yar'adua/GEJ saved with $118 - $140 /barrel for so many years before the fall toward the end of 2014, nothing. They were also borrowing money at this period. El-Rufai complained about the reason for borrowing when price of crude oil was increasing, the national assembly that was also benefiting kept quiet. Stella Oduah & Diezani was prevented from facing senate panel with connivance of members and later Judiciary.

During Obj era, Mrs Bolaji Osomo appeared thrice before Senator Okechukwu Obiora led senate committe on Housing for FG houses sold to some PDP members because some senators did not benefit before she was removed. Prof Mrs Nike Grange was removed as Minister over 20million naira gift to national assembly. Openly, Stella Oduah and other cases along the zones were left to die.

The zones have insisted that the colossus robbery witnessed in the last regime should be left like that. Nigerians are complaining of hardship now, they are the most vocal in the public outcry against hardship being witnessed under this regime.

Nigeria needs to be restructured. We need to revisit the issue of Biafra again. Justice cannot be done under this arrangement. It is better to let everybody that wants to leave the federation to leave. Biafra people cannot frustrate Nigeria as a country.

If the last government with the highest barrel /day of crude oil output and the highest in world history of crude oil price / barrel could not save anything having inherited over $50 billion in foreign reserve with some other investment without paying any external debt with high level of illegal bunkering, why should we not be looking for ways to sell assets that are draining our resources as a result of bad management or too over bloated to be accountable.

God will help out.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Youngzedd(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
They should sell only 4,8 and 10
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by jayAjoku(m): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Well they should sell nnpc and the airports. Cuz G.e.j and oduah with madueke wrecked the crap outta them... selling NLNG would be a shit move
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tallesty1:

Ok

I see

You self
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by matrixme(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
They should consider selling Katsina and Ogun state, awon Akotileta people. By the time they hawk those two States and cash the money, we won't have people from there deceive us again.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Unbrandedguy: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
85% Assets located in the South.
15% Assets located in the North.?? Y like this nor? Are u telling me there is no asset in the North for Sale
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Kirinwa: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mynd44:
They forgot both houses of the National Assembly.

Lol. If not for your mention I nearly forgot we had the legislative arm of government. They are as useless and impotent as ay in Okay.
They are mere rubber stamps.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
Why can't we just sell this country at once? At least i know China or Japan are ready to pay cash. If all these assets are sold out, what is left again in the country? Abeg make them just sell this country and share the proceeds among poor Nigerians. We can take care of ourselves thereafter.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by TheAlchemist: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
We should not get too sentimental about this so called National Assets, i would rather view them as business enterprises, fact be told this asset may begin to depreciate in value with the force for renewable energy blowing across Europe, Americas, Asia. We may find out that 10 to 15 years later that we may have wished we had sold much earlier and gotten maximum value.... Do you realize that about 20 years or even 10 years ago banks would give any amount of loan to any investor to develop an oil block... but reality has shown that the value of oil block has diminished and most banks would consider it a risky investment given the low crude oil price...

My only prayer is that they sell it off to international investors... who are more efficient at managing such investments.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by gbenga44: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
WHY DONT THEY ADD THESE TO THE LIST OF ASSETS TO BE SOLD....IF THEY PAY CASH TODAY WE DONT MIND

1. NATIONAL ARTS THEATER

2. NATIONAL STADIUM

3. NIGERIAN RAILWAY CORPORATION

PLEASE HELP NAME OTHER ASSETS...BECAUSE ALL THESE GUYS WANT IS TO BUY ASSETS THAT THEY WONT BREAK THE BANK TO REVIVE BEFORE SEEING ANY DIVIDENDS...THEY JUST WAS BREAD AND BUTTER TRANSACTION!
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by osusuallstars: 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
99% of the asset all in biafra land while the 97% contribute nothing.

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Chukazu: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
how come it was when Dangote came on national media to advise government on selling these assets that the government suddenly talking about selling assets as well?
does it mean that Dangote has already position himself to buy those assets after meeting Buhari in secret?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Election: Adeleke faults Osogbo, Ayedaade Results / Buhari Wishes Osinbajo Speedy Recovery, Commends Him For Using A Local Hospital / Woman Photoshopped Herself Into Zahra And Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.