Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,162 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage (45816 Views)

International Farmers To Discuss Global Agric Concerns At Illinois Event / Tour Of Agro Commodity Markets In The North / Grain Purchase (pics) / Feeding At Risk As Companies Buy Up Grains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:21am On Feb 03, 2017
henrimoto:
Mr. Ola. good Evening.

Please , throw more enlightenment on ' Bambara bean' , that bean used for making "Okpa".

When is the right time to buy and store it up?

Apart from Benue State, which other state in the middle belt area has it in commercial quantity?

Bambara nuts..... Good produce, mostly scarce but available in good quantity in benue, nasarawa, taraba axis.

Exportable to cameroon and some other west african countries.

Harvested about the same time groundnut is but drying takes a while. Was 200/modu entry, 350-400/modu about 3 weeks ago.

34k for a 100kg bag in mile 12,Lagos. Thats 340/kg though actual supply price may be reduced by 1-2/kg so retailers can retain a profit.

If I've left anything out, please let me know
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:26am On Feb 03, 2017
VERDA:

Been trying to get your contact oga Ola... Can't find it, please add me. 08081246412 . have egusi in large quantity, sourcing for buyers.

Guess the nairaland mail server issue affected the delivery, however i will add you today and we can discuss though i am currently out of my base
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:06am On Feb 03, 2017
df2006:
Hi ola, I sent you a mail to connect, in need of large quantity of maize.

Amazed at the depth of your thread.

You can reach me directly on 08023916914.

Best Regards.

Thanks for your kind words.
Will revert. Regards
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2017
You may have noticed i actually took out time and didnt respond to comments for a while.

I had to get out of my base, take a peep into what obtains in other zones and rest a bit.

I want to thank all those that made out time to schedule and come over so we could discuss and physically meet in ilorin, ibadan and lagos.

It's early stages though but the synergy we hope to create is bound to birth greater things.

For those who may have called in but couldn't make it, "nagode sose". There will always be opportunities in the forseeable future.

It was a pleasant experience for me and i learnt quite a lot from some of the brainstorming session

For those who tried calling but couldnt reach me, the best way to assure i get back is only if you send a text to my 07054515851. I always respond to that even if it takes 48 hours.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:33am On Feb 03, 2017
As a fallout of the discussion and market review done, questionnaires will be made available here for retailers and distributors to fill and return accordingly.

This will help build both the existing and cluster groups we hope to put up and create a direct channel to end users.

It will also help rectify the disparity in modu sizes, bag sizes, no of paint buckets in a bag and weight so intending entrepreneurs can be properly informed.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2017
I will be shuttling between Oyo, Kogi and Nasarawa for the cashew season which has been flagged off already. Commodity is already available in trickles and prices set

We have already initiated action by liasing with farmers and will mobilise to sites by mid february. I already have a couple of investors in this regard and will update on or before monday on pricing and opportunities available
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by VERDA: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Olayimikami:

Guess the nairaland mail server issue affected the delivery, however i will add you today and we can discuss though i am currently out of my base

Thank you sir,will come online later today.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by bezaleeltech(m): 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2017
I have garri Ijebu for sale in bags.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by smartoskie(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Please i like to know the current price of dry split ginger in the market for a 40kg bag
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by babniyen(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2017
bezaleeltech:
I have garri Ijebu for sale in bags.
How many KG per bag.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by bezaleeltech(m): 5:40am On Feb 13, 2017
babniyen:
How many KG per bag.
60kg
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Temi1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello All, I am looking for a reliable supplier of African Bird Eye Chilli. I need it in large quantity. How it is packed and the price? Appreciate your feedback.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by henrimoto(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
Olayimikami:

Bambara nuts..... Good produce, mostly scarce but available in good quantity in benue, nasarawa, taraba axis.

Exportable to cameroon and some other west african countries.

Harvested about the same time groundnut is but drying takes a while. Was 200/modu entry, 350-400/modu about 3 weeks ago.

34k for a 100kg bag in mile 12,Lagos. Thats 340/kg though actual supply price may be reduced by 1-2/kg so retailers can retain a profit.

If I've left anything out, please let me know
When is the planting time?
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by auxyn1: 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
Please what market within kaduna or close to kaduna can I buy soya beans in large quantity
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by humilitatem(f): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
auxyn1:
Please what market within kaduna or close to kaduna can I buy soya beans in large quantity
kasuwa magani is tomorrow, you can buy there but you have to be there early.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by henrimoto(m): 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
humilitatem:
kasuwa magani is tomorrow, you can buy there but you have to be there early.
Please, What is the direct to kasua magani ?
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by TUBLEZ(m): 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Following....but am more interested in melon bro
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by humilitatem(f): 7:47am On Feb 16, 2017
henrimoto:
Please, What is the direct to kasua magani ?
Sorry am replying late. Take a cab(250/300) from sabo going to kujama/kasuwa magani. It's a 30mins drive from sabo. The market is situated on the road leading to kachia. market day is every thursday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 9:41am On Feb 18, 2017
smartoskie:
Please i like to know the current price of dry split ginger in the market for a 40kg bag

28-32k depending on location
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2017
henrimoto:
When is the planting time?

May/June (preferred) or October. Harvested in four months. Crop is drought resistant

Cream landrance/variety preferred here.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Rugga: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Temi1:
Hello All, I am looking for a reliable supplier of African Bird Eye Chilli. I need it in large quantity. How it is packed and the price? Appreciate your feedback.

Hello we have this currently@ 22,000
Usually packed in baggo bags and wrapped in nylon bag to insure freshness.
WhatsApp 08038019784

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Rugga: 12:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello again, if it's these smaller ones, they are more expensive but can also be supplied.

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
Olayimikami:
I will be shuttling between Oyo, Kogi and Nasarawa for the cashew season which has been flagged off already. Commodity is already available in trickles and prices set

We have already initiated action by liasing with farmers and will mobilise to sites by mid february. I already have a couple of investors in this regard and will update on or before monday on pricing and opportunities available

Its been two weeks since i promised a feedback. I had to delay primarily because of the volatility in cashew prices. I must commend those who entered early as it has really been an uphill task getting good volume at the right price.

Cashew has been sourced for export for a while now, Nigeria being the 6th largest exporter. In recent times, NGOs have contributed to sensitising farmers into cashew farming thus increasing our production capacity even though not sufficient enough to replenish the aging rate of available cashew plantation.

I was privileged to visit a handful of those farms and it was a pleasure to behold. For the averagely dedicated farmer, it has turned a near goldmine

Precisely 10 days ago, cashew traded for 375000/ton in Kabba, 450000/ton in Ogbomosho, 500000/kg in Ayingba, 510000/ton in Ankpa, 340000/ton in Ilorin, 360000/ton in Lafia, and 380000/ton in Keffi.

Warehouses offered 560000/kg - 520000/kg depending on quality. Most accepted seeds within 12% moisture content and discounted for impurities and foreign matter. With improved KOR and drying below 10%, higher returns could be achieved with offers as high as 650/kg to Lagos

If we track back to today, cashew prices have skyrocketed out of reach with most locations trading above 400000/ton and an average price of 500000/ton.

For qualitative cashew though, Ogbomosho comes first, Kogi, Ilorin, Enugu comes next while others follow, the northern zone being of acceptable lower quality. The reason of course is obvious, since cashew is plucked off the tree up north wheras cashew should be allowed to drop for better KOR.

As it is, we have already accepted a couple of investors for the first stream, of which we are able to satisfy our commitment towards farmers and as such may not be able to accomodate more. However, we expect another window of opportunity to open sometimes in March/April
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 12:35am On Mar 20, 2017
Been a while.

Cashew has been the commodity on board for a while, though entry prices were ridiculous and unsustainable long term.

The naira appreciation in recent weeks has however brought back some sanity with price drop of almost 30% in some locations.

Prevailing market prices hover between 400-500k/ton.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 12:45am On Mar 20, 2017
For those who invested in Guinea corn and Beans as advised, it has been a slow start to the season, largely because of the margins available with cashew trading and the share size of the cashew market.

With international buyers lurking around, the quantum of cash available for trading it makes nonsense of growth in other commodities.

Expect an upward review as the cashew season ends in May.

Guinea corn is flat @20k-24k/bag
Beans @320-350/modu. Sacks are bagged as either 80 or 100 modu
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:33am On Mar 20, 2017
As the farming smarkeykicks off, we would have completed a full cycle for most commodities. It is essential to sell off produce stored prior to the harvest of the next season sso planning is crucial.

The most challenging produce last year was melon (egusi) and i have been inundated with calls as regards sales. Most holders struggling with sales have either gone in with limited skill/experience or with the wrong approach.

Dry pepper also suffered similar faith from buyers as most ppl only look at the margins/time frame to purchase commodities.

It is critical to match your purchase capacity with your sale capacity.

Always have a market in mind prior to purchase as this makes sales easy.

Don't be too greedy, there is always a correction in the market if margins are too high.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:46am On Mar 20, 2017
Due to the overwhelming number of calls, it has become essential to remodel the current structure of operation.

The current model is wired around me and has the tendency to fail long term. While my intention is to attend to as many calls as possible, its almost unachievable without improving on the structure.

The sheer diversity of interest also creates a challenge as most want instant profit while my main focus is on growth, innovation and sustainability.

As things evolve, will keep the house posted.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:02am On Mar 20, 2017
henrimoto:
Happy New Year Mr. Ola. May the best part of 2017 never pass us by.

With the current price of dried ginger, by the end of January, the price will get to #30k.

Ginger @18k currently. Dynamic market it is so thread carefully
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 7:13am On Mar 20, 2017
Olayimikami:
Please note that for either of the partnership, presence at the meeting is required prior to investing.

My numbers are active again and once a list is compiled, a date can be fixed for harmonisation of the project(s) and to set targets to meet our goals.

Meeting can be in any of Lagos, Ilorin, Abuja, Nasarawa, Kano or Benin

Currently in Benin and will be there till Friday, 24th of March. For those interested in partnership, text or pchat for details.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Knowledgecounts: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Olayimikami:
For those who invested in Guinea corn and Beans as advised, it has been a slow start to the season, largely because of the margins available with cashew trading and the share size of the cashew market.

With international buyers lurking around, the quantum of cash available for trading it makes nonsense of growth in other commodities.

Expect an upward review as the cashew season ends in May.

Guinea corn is flat @20k-24k/bag
Beans @320-350/modu. Sacks are bagged as either 80 or 100 modu

Pls I need Abt 60 tonnes per week of soya beans, Guinea corn and maize pls contact me through 08131360160.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:10am On Apr 12, 2017
The rains are here and some have started planted. Knowledge of the timing of harvest is essential. Acquiring information on crops farmed is also important as some zones do crop rotation which means early harvest of commodities

For Guinea corn, beans, millet, maize holders. The price surge is soon as the fasting period is characterized by price increase of grains and fruits consumed during this period.

With the fluctuating exchange rate, marginal ROI of 15-30% may be ideal so be guided.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.