Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." (71809 Views)

"Buhari In 2019 Or We Set The Zoo Ablaze!!!" - Dauda Umar Potiskum / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) / Ex-Gov. Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Trunquejnr(m): 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

And your silly, irrelevant and redundant essay negates the fact that he was part and friend with the same crowd responsible for the damage while he was missing in action or refused to offer the same advise to the same crooked, incompetent and corrupt people he hung around while in office?

And what's so new and innovative about what he spewed? It's not a new concept to borrow for capital and job creating projects that produces growth instead of recurrent and non progressive endeavors like the crowd he was part of did.

Abeg stop quoting me with silliness and lame rubbish...
Oga why are so pained

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by 400billionman: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
God bless Peter Obi..

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by uzchos: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
The Nigerian newspapers, television stations, radio stations and Schools all over Nigeria should publish and broadcast Peter Obi statement and ideas.

The above mentioned media platforms should convert the time they use to discuss or broadcast foreign football matches to present PETER OBI economic and financial Management skills.

Also cultural, social and religious associations should also discuss Peter Obi presentations.

I believe God will reward Peter Obi.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by loislane1523: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
You can download those YouTube videos with your smartphones and watch whenever u feel like.

http://haveuheardblog..com.ng/2016/10/download-those-interesting-youtube.html?m=1
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by mikolo80: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
Clinton9000:

Afonja...Go to Nnewi and see manufacturing. Your fuel pump, water pump could very much been manufactured in Nnewi.
come Ibadan na hia all d sweet pikin de chop de from come
But chest beating is not the issue
How much is even pump
Divide it by the rest of the car.
1% manufacturing GDP no be am
Although kudos to the few who are struggling against all odds (innoson et al
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by ihedioramma: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=divinehand2003 post=49859986]Gov Peter Obi quotes that set the internet on fire...

"To you young people, Take Back your Country...it is your future they are toying with". - Peter Obi

"I reduced my convoy to 5 vehicles and you cannot buy fuel unless I am in the car".- Peter Obi

"If I sleep in a hotel and have to pay N250k a night, I will be awake all night...feeling like I was robbed". - Peter Obi

"You know there are many big men in Anambra state, so when they want to see me, I say to them I will come to you instead".- Peter Obi

"We handed schools back to Churches and by 2013, we were number one in WAEC."- Peter Obi

"I beg you to participate more in politics, the society we help them abuse today will take its revenge tomorrow".- Peter Obi

"The only way out of recession is to spend for growth. what are you borrowing for? WHY not tell us this the time he is governor? We no he has enter APC, So what post is he coming out for ? .
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by whitebeard(m): 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nigerians dont dull your self..if this man campaign for presidency in 2019 vote for him...don't vote for the most famous and the most wealthy.. Pls vote for someone that has the people in mind, someone of virtue...I am not from any state..I am simply a Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by oluxy(m): 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Wow! I'm impressed. I thought all governors are the same....
This man is a David to his State... He has laid a good foundation, I hope the next governor would build on it.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by lordyugo: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
arresa:

4 out of 5 SE states collected FG salary bailout so what's your point and why should I be mad. The fact that Anambra did not collect bailout is irrelevant and makes no difference because Anambra is a poor state with one of the lowest state budgets in Nigeria.

Many of the bailed out states are still paying full 18k minimum wage salary while Anambra can not and is too poor to pay the full 18k minimum wage salary..

This is the problem with you people, you have penny wise, pound foolish syndrome.

Governors and leaders are voted into office to not to sit on money, but to use the money to invest, build infrastructures to create jobs and improve people's lives.

Obviously instead of investing, building infrastructures, creating jobs and improving people's lives, he foolishly sat on the money.

The question is, of what use is your saved money that did not fund any infrastructures, didn't create jobs or serve any meaningful purpose apart from the fact that the clueless former governor and your kind get to
empty and shallow brag on the internet?

In fact with all your saved money, Anambra/Obiano is still borrowing billions to fund his government and still have almost nothing to show for whatever meaningless money you people are fooling people with that you saved.

Btw, according to obingo, peter obi did not hand over any N75 billion so who is lying? You, obingo or peter obi?

Abeg keep quiet with that nonsense...

so going by ur ridiculous assertions the S W gov invested state funds instead of squandering it?
Perfect example of an african man so much filled wit bigotry churning out frivolous posts after another rather than worrying bout his region

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
mikolo80:
[s]come Ibadan na hia all d sweet pikin de chop de from come
But chest beating is not the issue
How much is even pump
Divide it by the rest of the car.
1% manufacturing GDP no be am
Although kudos to the few who are struggling against all odds (innoson et al[/s]

Afonja dirty Amala

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
mandarin:
If these are true then he must be very frugal. However am baffled, why did he support a rather wasteful Jonathan Goodluck that laid the foundation for the current recession?
I know he is a learned fellow, versed in financial matters, while on earth did he decide to support GEJ considering his wastefulness.
One thing I've come to learn about educated elites is their penchant to become honorary advisers when they leave government. I thought Okonjo Iweala would for instance come out to explain to Nigerians how she presided over an economy that received so much oil income that toward the end was already borrowing to finance salary of workers.
You see why Nigeria baffles me!!!
Because it made more sense supporting a wasteful GEJ who he can help to a dead brain ear infested Buhari who is walking around with a frozen brain
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by PentiumProf: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
lordyugo:

so going by ur ridiculous assertions the S W gov invested state funds instead of squandering it?
Perfect example of an african man so much filled wit bigotry churning out frivolous posts after another rather than worrying bout his region
Don't mind that disgusting bigot
Envy is killing him
He's sad that his backward osun is owing a trillion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by vankaid: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
aarressa:
Peter Obi left only N9bn cash – Gov. Obiano

See game....

Somebody is lying.... grin grin grin
Go and watch that video and you will know where the money is. Obiano was talking about cash he met. Obi's savings was fixed.
If your point is that anambra is owing N10bn debt then you will be so shocked to see that the N75bn in question is now over N185bn safely stashed in three different Nigerian banks.

The man himself knew there were peopl like you when he mentioned banks and exact amount in dollars and naira deposited there. If you doubt him, go to them and verify.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Kunlexxxx(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Feraz:
The good thing about this speech was that he did all without a paper as guide. . .everything off his head. . .and they were practical ways to cut down cost of governance.

"I have never watched/been to this event. I was only asked to come and deliver a lecture on cutting down cost of governance. When I came here, I didn't know what The Platform was a place where politicians were slaughtered" - Peter Obi. cheesy (He should visit Nairaland wink)

The Platform rating will skyrocket and people will want to see those who CCC will bring next year. . .
What is CCC?
Do you mean Celestial Church of Christ?
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by obowunmi(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Interesting......
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Stanbeto: 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
You were the Last wish of Ojukwu. I can Remember

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by d4guy: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
LorDBolton:
Just watch as they will ignore the message and turn it to pdp v apc gej v pmb.

Sadly we the youths are just plain predictable.

We are youthful fools , as long as we remain fools Nigeria can't move forward .
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by OasisMedia01(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nairalane:
I wish Mikel Obi can learn from this.

How does this affect Mikel obi
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by mgumm: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Soreza:
GIVE IGBO MAN ECONOMY SO HE CAN DO WHAT THEY ARE NATURALLY BORN TO DO,HAUSA SAY NO NA A CATTLE REARER KNOWS THE BEST, WORST THAN RECESSION IS COMING 4 U.
Na only u nd ur future generations that will witness it. As for we, we get hope.ol will b well
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by ManTiger(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Feraz:
The good thing about this speech was that he did all without a paper as guide. . .everything off his head. . .and they were practical ways to cut down cost of governance.

"I have never watched/been to this event. I was only asked to come and deliver a lecture on cutting down cost of governance. When I came here, I didn't know what The Platform was a place where politicians were slaughtered" - Peter Obi. cheesy (He should visit Nairaland wink)

The Platform rating will skyrocket and people will want to see those who CCC will bring next year. . .

Godwin Obaseki
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Orikinla(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
This is the kind of great patriot we need for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa.
Dr. Peter Obi can do for modern Nigeria what Lee Kuan Yew did for Singapore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by dikachi01(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nairalane:
I wish Mikel Obi can learn from this.
lol guy u no work at all
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Saicology212: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
And he chose a credible, hardworking individual to succeed him and continue his legacy. What this man has done for Anambra State can only be appreciated fully when that state falls into another bad spell of leadership like what Mbadinuju provided.
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by lordyugo: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
PentiumProf:

Don't mind that disgusting bigot
Envy is killing him
He's sad that his backward osun is owing a trillion

cant really understand why some pple will be showing so much stupidity on social media platforms jus cos of hate of pple who dnt care bout u.
being from osun is really driving him mad looool

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Sibrah: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
Soreza:
GIVE IGBO MAN ECONOMY SO HE CAN DO WHAT THEY ARE NATURALLY BORN TO DO,HAUSA SAY NO NA A CATTLE REARER KNOWS THE BEST, WORST THAN RECESSION IS COMING 4 U.
He should have said this during the last admin too. I would have helped alot.
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Ahmadgani(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
I respect Anambra as a state. Its only state that has no problem whatsoever with civil servants, pensioners and tax payers. despite their limited resources compared to some states they are able to manage their resources towards making life bearable for common men.... if all state governors could take a clue from peter obi and willy obiano, I believe Nigeria will be a better place. and also the central government will be left with no option rather than to conform with the will of the common man.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by mikolo80: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Clinton9000:

Afonja dirty Amala
you bastard flat head
You no get home training ba
Don worry
We get enough to spare for south west
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by TheSCRYPT: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
mandarin:
If these are true then he must be very frugal. However am baffled, why did he support a rather wasteful Jonathan Goodluck that laid the foundation for the current recession?
I know he is a learned fellow, versed in financial matters, while on earth did he decide to support GEJ considering his wastefulness.
One thing I've come to learn about educated elites is their penchant to become honorary advisers when they leave government. I thought Okonjo Iweala would for instance come out to explain to Nigerians how she presided over an economy that received so much oil income that toward the end was already borrowing to finance salary of workers.

I usually try to look away from issues of politics because most arguments are usually strife ridden and riddled with wrong assumptions and unconfirmed info.

However, for knowledge sakes, I will respond to your query. Why did he support GEJ;

You see, this guy highlighted how in his tenure of being governor, he tried to cut spending to the barest minimum. You can remember of recent, there was some news on the air about the lack of political will by the GEJ administration to save. It was understood that the FG attempted to save only for the governors to take him to court requesting that the money be shared, of which they won.

Now, I do not like GEJ, neither did I benefit from any of his profligate spendings, however, GEJ's only undoing was a lack of firmness. He wanted to please everyone of which is impossible. You should understand that in a ploy to please everyone, he didn't make some important decisions like taking a stand in circumstances such as the above case.

GEJ was soft, and always wanted to obey the rule of law. Now, thats an important thing in democracy, but in a country as Nigeria with its commeupance of rogues in political spheres, that's a no no. We needed a firm president with a vision, Jonathan had vision, but wasn't firm. The current president happens to have put in our faces that he is firm but, he appears right now to be clueless about governance and the rule of law. Anyway, I will not judge until 2019.
I wish them all the best.

Now, ask me again, why he supported GEJ.

Forgive my epitles and the blunder, it was unedited.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by glossy6(f): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
mandarin:

Did you say that only GEJ set the foundation for current recession?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by peculiar32(f): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
thank you sir for serving us well. Anambra is the number one state in Nigeria. they don't owe workers. I love that state I no go lie
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Ahmadgani(m): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
Soreza:

the only Igbo man who has the vision, capability and foresight to lead Nigeria is no more. The late Ikemba of Nnewi. apart from this man, all other Igbo men will rule Nigeria like their personal business

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by peculiar32(f): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
Zonacom:
According to Obi, Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria. I can't say if i agree with this or not cos I've not travelled the whole of Nigeria. But isn't it shameful that commuters in this state with the best road network find it very hard to travel from Onitsha to Enugu on a road that is perhaps the most important in the state? Some will shout federal road, but obi couldn't do anything about that road by his virtue of being very close to the president for years. So shameful. Even Obi is not worth any trust
have you ever been to Anambra state.
if you have then you don't know what you are talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

First Lady, Aisha Buhari Closes Beauty Parlour / Omo-Agege's Thug Who Snatched The Senate's Mace In Action (Photos) / Photo Of GEJ On Coffin: No One Can Try This With Buhari — Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.