Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger (6222 Views)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Blogger Juachi Promise Ochu / Photos Of Blogger Lizzy Oke On Wheelchair Will Melt Your Heart / 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Blogger can't be used for anything else other than blogging!.... But WordPress?....... Just think of any website... Forum o, company website o, blog o, Ecommerce store o... WordPress can do all.
That's why you shouldn't compare them...
If you wanna compare them then remove the WP plugins aside...lets know the winner...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2016
leksmedia:
WordPress provides beautiful customizable templates and unique designs but blogger doesn't give much flexibility.

WordPress is still one of the best CMS though it comes with its challenges of having to update plugins Everytime unlile blogger

Visit www.leksmediaconcept.com for all your website and web design enquiries
Blogger also has premium template that allows your site looks like WP...
Pay moni and buy...
Check my signature it's powered by blogger...

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2016
talk2hb1:
Blogger is not even in the same league with WordPress, not at all.
Thank you...
They should compare WP with Jomla or drupal not blog for God sake
.if they want to do they should remove the plugins aside..
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2016
webincomeplus:
Who compares Kano Pillars with Athletico Madrid? They're in different leagues!

Compare Blogger with the likes of Weebly and Tumblr, and leave Wordpress with the others in its league -- Drupal, Joomla, Ghost, etc.

Comparing Blogger with WordPress is an insult to WordPress!
Thankyou
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

When you search for stuffs on the internet, how many site comes up?
When am using a .com extension how do you know that its powered by blogger

You can't tell bro (we have highly customized theme)
I've unlock my blog as you told me ..
I wanna apply for AdSense tonight...
Then other Networks ...
Check it out and share your view...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by leksmedia: 11:22am On Oct 03, 2016
Note i said blogger doesnt gove more flexibility, you can never compare wordpress and blogger. Wordpress beats blogger out of the league anytime anyday. Are you telling me about what i do? i don't want to argue lol just go online and do more research lol
KvnqPrezo:

Blogger also has premium template that allows your site looks like WP...
Pay moni and buy...
Check my signature it's powered by blogger...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2016
leksmedia:
Note i said blogger doesnt gove more flexibility, you can never compare wordpress and blogger. Wordpress beats blogger out of the league anytime anyday. Are you telling me about what i do? i don't want to argue lol just go online and do more research lol
I'm tempted to insult but won't lolz...
Bro if want you do then you should have known that WordPress and blogger is different
Don't compare them instead compare WP with Jomla or Drupal..
That's what a reasonable before should say...
WordPress beats blogger true but with help of plugins... Remove the plugins and compare them..
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Agriman(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2016
Did you really want to build a career as a blogger? If yes, you will need to contact me for a well designed blog either 'WordPress or Blogger' , traffic building (SEO and Social media presence), Sure AdSense approval, Email building.
You can reach me on phone call or whatsapp— 08130767357
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Janeyinspires(f): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
edupedia:

....I like the write-up but the following statement is patently false..."And for folks using free domains, be it on wordpress or blogger. You're not ready for blogging."...why?

1...i started with WORDPRESS.ORG using HOSTGATOR.

2...but changed back to after 15 months of becoming MAIGUARD of new plugins and all sorts of steps to "protect" my blog...i am sure if they knew about Juju they would also have recommended it for my blog's protection!...on the other hand under WORDPRESS all plugins u need are automatically added by Wordpress and u are not called each month for net virus or SEO issues...in fact u have peace of mind...

3...what is important is to set common sense objectives for your blog eg if you want adsense business then u can use WORDPRESS.ORG...but if u want to use the blog just to direct readers to your physical business location with minimal discussions then use ...for instance if u are in the education sector eg selling books,science equipment or providing tutorials with most of your expected customers in Nigeria or located around u, a free domain is more relevant as long as your CONTENT is excellent and above all, u can be sure your blog is as safe as WORDPRESS itself!...

4...You can also use your blog under as a warehouse of your content,indirect adverts etc and link each posting on the blog to your followers/customers on social networks...that is why its a blog...u have maximum control unlike a website like NAIRALAND!...

Well,my blog serves the purposes written under 3 and 4...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by hassan4: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
op you've said it all. Nigerians and follow follow. Wordpress rocks and he didnt call anyone silly but corrected a silly thread.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by lajoshua: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
bodmas119:
starting a blog on my own, does it require money moreso how much do I need to start and how can I make money wit blog?
check my signature
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by nenergy(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
faceland:

I host 3 different WEBSITE (not blogs on blogger). Edited it until it had the format of a website.

It's all about personal preference and I think Blogger suits me.
This is jaw dropping, I've been experimenting with some 1 page website looking blogger templates, but they're difficult to customize and terribly unresponsive. Please help me with tutorials and templates to practise with. I don't mind dropping a token. Thanks. Please PM me links to these websites.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
For Blogger Or WordPress Designing...
Quote me lets talk

Read➡➡➡ 4 Key Points Before Engaging In Any Business
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by edupedia: 3:48am On Oct 04, 2016
faceland:

If you are a serious blogger with great following, a personal custom domain would be the smart chose. Plus backup both your template and blog. A day might come when they would ban you, you can just move on since your readers already know your custom Web address. If you have your XML backups and domain, it would only take 5 minutes to have you site back up as if nothing happened. It's all about caution.

...u remind me of when we started using e-mails in Nigeria and some people said we should not use yahoo.com and should look for pricy customized e-mails because no one thought seriously about free e-mails...but what are most people using today?

...you blog cannot be more "serious" than your objectives...if u are an amebo blogger your following will obviously be more than that of a bookseller or of a blog doing book reviews ...may be numerically more but not "great" which is obviously subjective...

...u are not free from ban under WORDPRESS.ORG either...worst of all your domain hosting within a band is usually with other ventures u don't know leading many times to slowing down your website if one of the others uses much of what should be shared...

...there are two ways to be cautious without getting involved with WORDPRESS.ORG...

1...u can periodically save your blog content to your system/lappy or an external disc

2... with a click u can simultaneously post your blog content on Wordpress to Blogger and use it like a cloud for your blog...and that is a trade secret for u!...

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by directonpc(m): 5:28am On Oct 04, 2016
Building your own thing http://7rl.in/phome is still the master.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Mecoy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
bodmas119:
starting a blog on my own, does it require money moreso how much do I need to start and how can I make money wit blog?

Purchase www.naijayouths.com.ng
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
edupedia:

...u remind me of when we started using e-mails in Nigeria and some people said we should not use yahoo.com and should look for pricy customized e-mails because no one thought seriously about free e-mails...but what are most people using today?

...you blog cannot be more "serious" than your objectives...if u are an amebo blogger your following will obviously be more than that of a bookseller or of a blog doing book reviews ...may be numerically more but not "great" which is obviously subjective...

...u are not free from ban under WORDPRESS.ORG either...worst of all your domain hosting within a band is usually with other ventures u don't know leading many times to slowing down your website if one of the others uses much of what should be shared...

...there are two ways to be cautious without getting involved with WORDPRESS.ORG...

1...u can periodically save your blog content to your system/lappy or an external disc

2... with a click u can simultaneously post your blog content on Wordpress to Blogger and use it like a cloud for your blog...and that is a trade secret for u!...
Well said...
Let them be wasting their money...
I Rep www.romanticpie.com
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by OracleE(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Flexibility is
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by OracleE(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
Flexibility is one of the main attributes of a blog and that singular feature WP has an advantage over Blogger, research has indicated that about 20% of the net is WP.

To all folks still talking of free blogging, in terms of SEO, Web and traffic analytics tool, Lead tracking and conversion Commercial and profit purposes you would be better off with a paid hosting
Team WP anyday

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Eze2000(m): 12:20am On Oct 05, 2016
faceland:
I started with Blogger 8 years ago and prefer it. The free version of Blogger can he established without external advert but Wordpress would display ads on your blog except you pay for it to be removed.

Google would never scrap Blogger without providing a better alternative. Don't you use Gmail or Yahoo? Would you advice people not to have those email address just become it is owned by a private multi_billiona dollar American companies (and not 'open sources' as you said)?

Blogger has always been easy for me to use and if you watch the right videos and tutorials too, you can edit the HTML Temple to do just about anything. I host 3 different WEBSITE (not blogs on blogger). Edited it until it had the format of a website.

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Eze2000(m): 12:30am On Oct 05, 2016
faceland:
I started with Blogger 8 years ago and prefer it. The free version of Blogger can he established without external advert but Wordpress would display ads on your blog except you pay for it to be removed.

Google would never scrap Blogger without providing a better alternative. Don't you use Gmail or Yahoo? Would you advice people not to have those email address just become it is owned by a private multi_billiona dollar American companies (and not 'open sources' as you said)?

Blogger has always been easy for me to use and if you watch the right videos and tutorials too, you can edit the HTML Temple to do just about anything. I host 3 different WEBSITE (not blogs on blogger). Edited it until it had the format of a website.

I would like your help please, good sir. I need it badly in the issue of a good template or how to edit one.

09029400640 (whatsapps
eze21eke@gmail.com

pls reach out to me. I am a popular writer in d literature section and I'm the stage where a website is very important. I opened my blog 3 months but abandoned it due to unsatisfactory template issues. Nothing as awful as blogging with a template y hate. Been search for a good free template for ages but each time I find one there is always a problem or 3 with it.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by webincomeplus(m): 3:07am On Oct 05, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

That's why you shouldn't compare them...
If you wanna compare them then remove the WP plugins aside...lets know the winner...
What lame argument is this? Plugins are an integral part of WordPress, so why are you saying they should be put aside? That means you've agreed that WordPress beats Blogger with its plugins. And if that's the case, there's no need for the argument.

How would you feel if someone also said "Remove the fact that Blogger is free, and let's compare them?"

Your dumb approach to argument is like a team telling Barcelona: Put Messi and Neymar aside before playing against us. Does that make sense?
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by IBBULcampusGIST(f): 6:59am On Oct 05, 2016
dlux pls I need assistance from you guys. I've tried several times to add the Adsense gadget on my blog but it's not working. When I click "save" the response I keep getting is "please correct the errors on this form" I seem not to understand what they mean. I've tried different techniques but it's not working. I really need help pls. Thanks
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:22am On Oct 05, 2016
webincomeplus:

What lame argument is this? Plugins are an integral part of WordPress, so why are you saying they should be put aside? That means you've agreed that WordPress beats Blogger with its plugins. And if that's the case, there's no need for the argument.

How would you feel if someone also said "Remove the fact that Blogger is free, and let's compare them?"

Your dumb approach to argument is like a team telling Barcelona: Put Messi and Neymar aside before playing against us. Does that make sense?
It simply means they can't be compared. ...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by faceland: 11:23am On Oct 05, 2016
Eze2000:

I would like your help please, good sir. I need it badly in the issue of a good template or how to edit one.

09029400640 (whatsapps
eze21eke@gmail.com

pls reach out to me. I am a popular writer in d literature section and I'm the stage where a website is very important. I opened my blog 3 months but abandoned it due to unsatisfactory template issues. Nothing as awful as blogging with a template y hate. Been search for a good free template for ages but each time I find one there is always a problem or 3 with it.

No wahala na. I would contact you, may be I can help.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
choose whatever suits you... Linda ikeji uses blogger and she earns more than you guys using WP.

If you believe WP is good, stick with it and If you think blogger is superb,good for you..

new bloggers can start with , you hardly see a sitename.

Linda and seun are not using WordPress, so let's hear word, WordPress along doesn't make you rang high, there are other factors that are in place too
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by dlux: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
udemzy101:
choose whatever suits you... Linda ikeji uses blogger and she earns more than you guys using WP.

If you believe WP is good, stick with it and If you think blogger is superb,good for you..

new bloggers can start with , you hardly see a sitename.

Linda and seun are not using WordPress, so let's hear word, WordPress along doesn't make you rang high, there are other factors that are in place too

Like i said, they shouldn't be compared and do have their advantages. Talking about who earns more money with what CMS; you need to know that Seun and Linda started blogging over a decade ago and were dedicated with very rich contents. Take a look at Vanguard, Naij and other news websites springing up recently; they make enough money from Wordpress Themes so relax! Wordpress advantages are enormous. Blogger or Wordpress just choose what works for you!
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by dlux: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
IBBULcampusGIST:
dlux pls I need assistance from you guys. I've tried several times to add the Adsense gadget on my blog but it's not working. When I click "save" the response I keep getting is "please correct the errors on this form" I seem not to understand what they mean. I've tried different techniques but it's not working. I really need help pls. Thanks

Kindly contact me through my blog: http://gtbensmag.com the contact page let me see how i can be of help. Will reply through email.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Monalisa185(f): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
DeeTus:
That is your website, right?

Yes dear, merry Christmas
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Monalisa185:

Yes dear, merry Christmas
Thanks asa nwa. grin
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Monalisa185(f): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
DeeTus:
Thanks asa nwa. grin

you are welcome deetus cheesy
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by GoodyOG: 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
can some one guess which platform this blog is being powered with....
www.goodiestechs.tk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Earning Below $50 Daily On Adsense? Let Me Review Your Blog For FREE!!! / How I Earn Over $50 Daily On Adsense And Affiliate Marketing (see Proves) / Truehost Review : This Is Not A Paid Review (Worst And Good Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.