Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

An Important Question For Ifenes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Important Question For Ifenes (1735 Views)

Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / Serious Questions For Billyonaire And Ifenes About Matters Of The "Supernatural" / An Important Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Important Question For Ifenes by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 03, 2016
I am going to try to make this as concise as possible.

Ifenes, I have enjoyed reading some of your comments on this section, especially the ones on the supernatural and metaphysics. You seem to be well rounded on these subjects, and I have derived a lot of intellectual illumination from your posts.

I know you acknowledge that the Christian god or any other god doesn't exist and you are of the opinion that Atheism is an unrestraining springboard to understanding more about ourselves and our world. Despite your Atheism, and unlike most atheists, you have found a way to reconcile your belief in the non-existence of god, with your belief in the supernatural.

So I have a very important question for you: How is it possible that few Christians give testimonies of how they were able to overcome certain supernatural powers through prayers and uttering some words in the bible? Is their belief acting as a placebo? Could any other person who doesn't hold any religious belief be able to overcome these sinister supernatural forces? Or does the bible hold some sort of magical powers, like a Grimoire of some sort?

I would appreciate your reply.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
Any other person who has an answer to this question, should also reply. smiley
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
Interesting. I theorize that there is a malleable force in the Universe that ''spiritually-charged'' people can manipulate to yield desired results. Christians can do this by invoking the name of Jesus. In the ''spiritual arsenal'', the name of Jesus is the most powerful weapon hence the many victories recorded by Christians. There's immense power in that Name!

1 Like

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by promise101: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Interesting. I theorize that there is a malleable force in the Universe that ''spiritually-charged'' people can manipulate to yield desired results. Christians can do this by invoking the name of Jesus. In the ''spiritual arsenal'', the name of Jesus is the most powerful weapon hence the many victories recorded by Christians. There's immense power in that Name!
how come you know this?
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by promise101: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Any other person who has an answer to this question, should also reply. smiley

i think that @ifenes is very afraid to answer this question. Because he doesn't believe that Jesus once existed!
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by winner01(m): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Who is Jesus to you?
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
promise101:
how come you know this?
Check very well. I used the word ''theorize''
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
winner01:
Who is Jesus to you?
A Jewish Rabbi that once walked the face of the Earth. Deified and worshipped by many and also held in contempt by some others.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by ifenes(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
I am going to try to make this as concise as possible.

Ifenes, I have been a secret admirer of your comments on this section, especially the ones on the supernatural and metaphysics. You seem to be well rounded on these subjects, and I have derived a lot of intellectual illumination from your posts.

I know you acknowledge that the Christian god or any other god doesn't exist and you are of the opinion that Atheism is an unrestraining springboard to understanding more about ourselves and our world. Despite your Atheism, and unlike most atheists, you have found a way to reconcile your belief in the non-existence of god, with your belief in the supernatural.

All beliefs are made real by people who believe in them. The Christian god exists in the world of a christian,same as Hindu and Muslims and these belief systems do their jobs. Firstly you will have to trust in them in the first place. Religion itself is a tool for good and evil. It can be created for certain reasons. Our thoughts are powerful and we create what we strongly believe in. Sometime thoughts could be collectively created and it becomes a movement,religion, or cults.

I have no problem with people praying to Jesus. It is only a "Permission Slip" like Meditation,techniques or rituals to get what you want. You will then need to believe that Jesus could actually help you before it can work. This was an ancient technique to practice the laws of attraction,which is "thoughts leading to manifestation",or you may call it miracles etc.

The story of Jesus i believe was initially for people to learn to believe in themselves. Was Jesus real? Who knows. But if Jesus were real,studying his words will show that this dude never wanted anyone to worship him. His mission was about you knowing that you can manifest what ever you desire,to enhance humans to be fully humans,using your full brain capacity.... You can walk on serpents and move mountains only if you believe in yourself. In fact he said what he did,you can do better. This implies,you and him are EQUALS.

Now lets assume this dude were real,he probably was a simple guy who would rather help you than you help him. He wouldn't want a penny from you but would instead sleep on the floor to make you comfortable in bed.How could this same simple,down to earth guy demand worship? It can't be possible. His message was probably for you to be like him- Love your neighbor as yourself...which was basically his message.

But organized religion do what they do best. They hijacked this dude's simple lifestyle and added it to the Egyptian mythology,which was about the Sun dying on the cross of the zodiac and rose 3 days after. Now they claimed this dude died for your sins and you must worship him and thank his father day and night otherwise you will end up in hell fire. Now which one do you prefer of the two sides of the story.

So I have a very important question for you: How is it possible that few Christians give testimonies of how they were able to overcome certain supernatural powers through prayers and uttering some words in the bible? Is their belief acting as a placebo? Could any other person who doesn't hold any religious belief be able to overcome these sinister supernatural forces? Or does the bible hold some sort of magical powers, like a Grimoire of some sort?

I would appreciate your reply.

Concerning the testimonies about Jesus healing today's Christians. This is pure mind control. Most of the time people heal themselves due to a sudden parallel reality shift(activation of thought vibration). They shift into the reality they wanted because it is part of the lost human abilities to create a world they prefer. Nothing to do with Jesus. Same applies to our peace loving Muslim brothers and sisters.

The supernatural or miracle are called this names because they are a mystery to humans. A 3310 Nokia phone will see the iphone5 as a god,just as humans see the miracles as magic as"out of this world". I personally think humans have the ability to reach any limit,even the abilities of what we call "God". The bible is a collective of ancient knowledge or a summary of good ancient books. But you must read it with an open mind to understand what it really say. If you did,you will realize it has nothing to do with religion.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Deicide: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
A Jewish Rabbi that once walked the face of the Earth. Deified and worshipped by many and also held in contempt by some others.
proof it! Jesus was said to be a carpenter and his family wasnt that rich! can u tell me where they get wood in a deserted area?
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
Deicide:

proof it! Jesus was said to be a carpenter and his family wasnt that rich! can u tell me where they get wood in a deserted area?
I do not want this thread to turn into an argument on whether Jesus existed or not. You know how it always ends.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by winner01(m): 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Why then do you think there is power in His Name?
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
winner01:
Why then do you think there is power in His Name?
Observation, ubiquity of testimomies attributed to Him etc.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by winner01(m): 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Observation, ubiquity of testimomies attributed to Him etc.
You may remain in this state for longer than you think. The Owner of your life will request for it someday. Its why God said "Choose this day whom you will serve"

You have heard the single most important question "Who do you say I am?"

You have the answer already, there is no need to wander into the world.

1 Like

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
winner01:
You may remain in this state for longer than you think. The Owner of your life will request for it someday. Its why God said "Choose this day whom you will serve"

Hhhhmmm...
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by 4everGod1: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
winner01:

Ranchhoddas already knows the truth and bears witness to this truth but his ever busy intellect is his problem. He still believes there is more out there to know without realising that the more left to know can only come bu Faith and to those who are in the body of Christ.

JESUS asked, WHO DO YE SAY I AM and Peter answered...THOU ART THE CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD...

He right here can declare knowledge of the Power in the Name of JESUS even though he claims they are secondary knowledge mostly but hr also mentioned HIS OWN PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS so what more des he require or seek?

Ranchhoddas I think you already have all you need to make an informed decision...Its time to take stock of all evidence you have amassed and do an inward mental assessment and not this external searches....A word is enough .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
ifenes:

All beliefs are made real by people who believe in them. The Christian god exists in the world of a christian,same as Hindu and Muslims and these belief systems do their jobs. Firstly you will have to trust in them in the first place. Religion itself is a tool for good and evil. It can be created for certain reasons. Our thoughts are powerful and we create what we strongly believe in. Sometime thoughts could be collectively created and it becomes a movement,religion, or cults.

I have no problem with people praying to Jesus. It is only a "Permission Slip" like Meditation,techniques or rituals to get what you want. You will then need to believe that Jesus could actually help you before it can work. This was an ancient technique to practice the laws of attraction,which is "thoughts leading to manifestation",or you may call it miracles etc.

The story of Jesus i believe was initially for people to learn to believe in themselves. Was Jesus real? Who knows. But if Jesus were real,studying his words will show that this dude never wanted anyone to worship him. His mission was about you knowing that you can manifest what ever you desire,to enhance humans to be fully humans,using your full brain capacity.... You can walk on serpents and move mountains only if you believe in yourself. In fact he said what he did,you can do better. This implies,you and him are EQUALS.

Now lets assume this dude were real,he probably was a simple guy who would rather help you than you help him. He wouldn't want a penny from you but would instead sleep on the floor to make you comfortable in bed.How could this same simple,down to earth guy demand worship? It can't be possible. His message was probably for you to be like him- Love your neighbor as yourself...which was basically his message.

But organized religion do what they do best. They hijacked this dude's simple lifestyle and added it to the Egyptian mythology,which was about the Sun dying on the cross of the zodiac and rose 3 days after. Now they claimed this dude died for your sins and you must worship him and thank his father day and night otherwise you will end up in hell fire. Now which one do you prefer of the two sides of the story.

Concerning the testimonies about Jesus healing today's Christians. This is pure mind control. Most of the time people heal themselves due to a sudden parallel reality shift(activation of thought vibration). They shift into the reality they wanted because it is part of the lost human abilities to create a world they prefer. Nothing to do with Jesus. Same applies to our peace loving Muslim brothers and sisters.

The supernatural or miracle are called this names because they are a mystery to humans. A 3310 Nokia phone will see the iphone5 as a god,just as humans see the miracles as magic as"out of this world". I personally think humans have the ability to reach any limit,even the abilities of what we call "God". The bible is a collective of ancient knowledge or a summary of good ancient books. But you must read it with an open mind to understand what it really say. If you did,you will realize it has nothing to do with religion.

Wow. Thank you so much. You just answered my question, perfectly.

Just as a follow up question, I am curious as to the kind of books you read, especially the ones exploring this context of metaphysics and the supernatural. Do you have any recommendations? You just seem so knowledgeable on the subject.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by 4everGod1: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
ifenes:

Ifenes if I asked you to provide proof to all this mumbo jumbo you just spilt would you be able to?
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by winner01(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
4everGod1:

Ranchhoddas already knows the truth and bears witness to this truth but his ever busy intellect is his problem. He still believes there is more out there to know without realising that the more left to know can only come bu Faith and to those who are in the body of Christ.

JESUS asked, WHO DO YE SAY I AM and Peter answered...THOU ART THE CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD...

He right here can declare knowledge of the Power in the Name of JESUS even though he claims they are secondary knowledge mostly but hr also mentioned HIS OWN PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS so what more des he require or seek?

Ranchhoddas I think you already have all you need to make an informed decision...Its time to take stock of all evidence you have amassed and do an inward mental assessment and not this external searches....A word is enough .....
God bless you for this.

Time is not guaranteed to any man. Its a little here, a little there, until the day will come.
If he has the key, he should use it already.

1 Like

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by ifenes(m): 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Wow. Thank you so much. You just answered my question, perfectly.

Just as a follow up question, I am curious as to the kind of books you read, especially the ones exploring this context of metaphysics and the supernatural. Do you have any recommendations? You just seem so knowledgeable on the subject.

The Bible.

I read other books by different authors. I like Michael Tsarion,Bashar Anka, Ifá books ,Credo mutua, I have many books I haven't read, I read everything I see. But most importantly I think for myself and always ask questions.

Thanks.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by 4everGod1: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
winner01:
God bless you for this.

Time is not guaranteed to any man. Its a little here, a little there, until the day will come.

Do you see this Ranchhoddas? You already have the key! Don't doubt if it will unlock the door because it surely will....Trust and use it and experience what is behind that door. All it takes is not a trip to another country or a bank account worth billions its as simple as communication and opening your heart to Him. He is willing and ready to come in....

Take the step in the right direction and right experience.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by ifenes(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
4everGod1:

Ifenes if I asked you to provide proof to all this mumbo jumbo you just spilt would you be able to?

I'm not gonna argue with you today. You have your Jesus, I'm sure you are happy with that.

5 Likes

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
4everGod1:

Do you see this Ranchhoddas? You already have the key! Don't doubt if it will unlock the door because it surely will....Trust and use it and experience what is behind that door. All it takes is not a trip to another country or a bank account worth billions its as simple as communication and opening your heart to Him. He is willing and ready to come in....

winner01:
God bless you for this.
4everGod1:

Oh Lord.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by 4everGod1: 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oh Lord.

Let your curious mind lead you aright which it has been trying to do all this while. All you have to do is tell Him how you feel and whats up with you even now....He totally gets it and then give Him the opportunity to reveal Himself to you and minister to you and you will understand all we have been saying all along. Pls bro....Make the move!
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by hopefulLandlord: 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oh Lord.

Another Ronaldo laugh for you bro.....

1 Like

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by johnydon22(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oh Lord.

They just turned you into a topic of their discussion, masturbating over their opinion of you to make themselves feel good, congratulating themselves while at it.

It is really worth the sigh "Oh lord"

3 Likes

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by 4everGod1: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnydon22:

They just turned you into a topic of their discussion, masturbating over their opinion of you to make themselves feel good, congratulating themselves while at it.

Contrary to what you think...He is beginning to get a clear picture now and can decipher between his mockers and his caregivers.

He has an analytical mind and can easily catch on to what you just said so make no mistake...He is getting a clearer picture now.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Another Ronaldo laugh for you bro.....
You just want to put me in trouble.

1 Like

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnydon22:

Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by flamingREED(m): 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
ifenes:

When will you and your self-styled atheists use your thoughts to create a potent religion to serve as a foundation for your argument?

Clouds without water.

Such clouds are even better than such baseless chaffs of atheistic beings.
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by raphieMontella: 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
ranchhoddas,his real name was yehoshua....
Jesus is the new english style...
By variation
can someone pray in the name of yasue(arabic)?
Or isa(indonesian) ?
Or yeeshu?(hindi)

or going by meaning
Yehoshua means yahweh saves...
Yahweh means I AM,I AM THAT I AM,GOD..
Can someone pray in the name of
á bum onye na-azoputa?(igbo for I AM SAVES)
OR a bum onye m bu na-azoputa?(igbo for i am that i am saves)
or chineke na-azoputa?
Re: An Important Question For Ifenes by Ranchhoddas: 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

ranchhoddas,his real name was yehoshua....
Jesus is the new english style...
By variation
can someone pray in the name of yasue(arabic)?
Or isa(indonesian) ?
Or yeeshu?(hindi)

or going by meaning
Yehoshua means yahweh saves...
Yahweh means I AM,I AM THAT I AM,GOD..
Can someone pray in the name of
á bum onye na-azoputa?(igbo for I AM SAVES)
OR a bum onye m bu na-azoputa?(igbo for i am that i am saves)
or chineke na-azoputa?
It's the name or the personality behind the name and not the language. As long as the user is referring to the famous Nazarene, the results shoould be the same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian Afterlife VS Psalm 115:17 / Mark Zuckerberg Meets With Pastors / The Romans Invented Jesus: There Is No Historical Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.