Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice (13336 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview / ICS LTD, Invitation For Interview. Please Help. / Got Invited For An Interview, Please Help Me Out Pals.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by kayjasper(f): 7:05am On Oct 04, 2016
Geesarki:
What of Sunusi Lamido that had been using it for many functions when he was CBN Governor. Is there any place more professional than the CBN.

henchamb:

Not just sanusi. Ade The agric minister under Jonathan did and today he is the ADB president.
However you don't compare those elites with someone who may be going for a 120k monthly take home interview.
Dinner tie is No no for job interview. Op pls go into the mkt and buy 500 naira tie Biko.

Don't mind this Geesarki guy.

He is comparing the Op to people already at the peak of their career with no one to question them.
He should ask if they wore the same bow tie to appear for the interview that got them the job in the first place.

Op is just unserious, he can't buy a tie... And he can't borrow one... Now he wants to wear a bow tie for a job interview... E be like say his village people came visiting during the weekend.... grin

1 Like

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by deebrain(m): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2016
Bow ties are exclusively for dinners.

Thanks.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by verycheese: 7:10am On Oct 04, 2016
As who?
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by ademega(m): 7:15am On Oct 04, 2016
Who made all these rules self?

2 Likes

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by GoodSide: 7:19am On Oct 04, 2016
ppl are getting dumb and more dumb daily..

is just like saying can i go to church and stand on the pulpit in boxers and singlet n expect everyone else to see me as sane.

men bro its logical reasoning men
them go first confuse
dem fit even burst laugh
luckily e fit be say na you fit be our next cbn sanusi niggi.

if d salary worth am bro..look descent,get a cheap ass slim tie..starch your shirt.spray better pef..look smart,have something up there..not after looking smart them ask you question and u no sabi d answer....dem all of a sudden you begin sweat,panic,act confused..guy man you cast..just forget

but if na say men you wan wear bow tie den dem see you say we no expect much from dis guy on top say u wear bow tie..dem ask you questions..u begin answer them instanta.dem throw another one..u give dem double..shuuo..dem look you smile say congratulations.
shey u no go dey wear better tie afta u begin earn dia owo.

everything lies in your power and ability to confuse for better results bro.
your destiny for making that cash lies within you bro.
its between that tie or that job.
choose one bro

2 Likes

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by NifemiOlu(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2016
I wore a bow tie to my interview and landed the job. It doesn't matter but in a close-minded country we have, just do what the lot have advised

1 Like

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by anochuko01(m): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2016
According to what I've been reading here, I can't wear a bow tie to an interview. That's slavery honestly.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by janvier27(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2016
StevenJay01:
Nothing is wrong with a bow tie bro! U can use a bow and dont also forget to put a hat on. A walking stick seals d deal.
grin grin
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by haibe(m): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2016
ademega:
Who made all these rules self?

First comment with sense on this thread!!
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by dam007(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2016
labanji:
Guys I need your advice urgently.
I have an interview to attend tomorrow but I only have a bow tie as I speak. The other tie is in a bad form.
Do I use it(though most people see it as a dinner fitting)
at an interview where they're looking for reasons not to pick you, a. Bow tie just says "I'm clueless"!
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by adepiero: 7:26am On Oct 04, 2016
Except you are going for a ushering job, a bow tie is not an official accessory
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by eph12(m): 7:27am On Oct 04, 2016
Geesarki:
What of Sunusi Lamido that had been using it for many functions when he was CBN Governor. Is there any place more professional than the CBN.
There is a certain level you get to in life in which you get away with things people wouldn't get away with ordinarily.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by wayodude(m): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2016
yea why not, if the role is that of a magician or snooker player! grin
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by eph12(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2016
anochuko01:
According to what I've been reading here, I can't wear a bow tie to an interview. That's slavery honestly.
How is this slavery? You can as well wear a tshirt and Jean so as to show you not a slave right?
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by haibe(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2016
DENJIZZY:
If I'm your interviewer, I'd send you away if you use a bow tie, or you don't use a tie...borrow a decent tie that matches your dressing if you don't have one!!!

The company should sack you immediately. You would make a bad HR!!

Imagine someone as good as a Mark Zuckerberg that could change your organisations life forever, and consequently you own life and destiny. You will chase him out? The real owners of the business should not forgive .

While dressing well is something that should be take seriously, a smart hr would always make out exceptions for smart applicants, this happens every day.

1 Like

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by muller101(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2016
U can even use ARROW. tie.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by 2ts: 7:38am On Oct 04, 2016
Guy no fall my hand, buy N500 tie on your way now
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by JBUZZ: 7:38am On Oct 04, 2016
emmabest2000:
you can wear whatever u danm like ...

Meanwhile ....
grin
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by ikorodureporta: 7:45am On Oct 04, 2016
Geesarki:

thank u joor! Its all about looking good. Thats how they told me i wnt get a job with my 'afro'
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by JOREVA: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2016
I wore a bow tie to an interview sometime ago, and I got the job but please avoid it!
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by alizma: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2016
labanji:
Thanks house
just step out early in the morning with 500 reserve for tie, I believe you will get one before the time for the interview.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by VictorRomanov: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2016
Geesarki:

If the OP was sanusi lamido, this question would have been very valid. But as it stand, the OP is an applicant that requires a job ASAP. So he better goes along with the standard of formal dressing, not that of a former CBN governor would didn't apply for the job he got.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by kayceeD2(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2016
Try put canvass join
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by Anaselizzy(f): 8:32am On Oct 04, 2016
Kai! Nlanders,you people will not kill me, when you are having a bad day,visit nairaland and you feel good.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by labanji(m): 8:48am On Oct 04, 2016
anochuko01:

So long tie is not slavery
All remains; Slave masters dress code
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Most of you guys dont have basic dress sense.

A bow tie is used for informal occasions, like a party or a ball.

You dont wear bow ties to formal occasions, how many bankers do you see wearing bow tie?

When you go to a conference do you see the participants wearing bow ties, its only for fund raising dinners and other types of parties.

Its strictly informal.

1 Like

Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by cricifixo: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2016
This is the computer age bro, kindly make Google ur acquaintance
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by lonelydora: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
It's better you don't wear tie than wearing bow tie to an interview.

No more comment. Take this advice op.

Wear bow tie and the interviewers will look at you as an unserious and a flexing dude.
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by ernecy(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2016
cheesy
theGistsonline:
yes a Niger Delta price control hat, plus a trench coat too! Don't forget a cuban cigar to top it all up.
and cross-belt to kill it..
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by seangy4konji: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2016
my guy shift...if you like wear agbada...

Na white house dinner you deh go
Re: Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice by holluphemydavid(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Only if it's a hotel interview, but aside dat dnt try it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maersk Shipping Firm Recruiting / Salary Expectation: Client Service Officer / Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.