Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? (7303 Views)

Poll: Would You?

Yes: 80% (38 votes)
No: 19% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Am Dating An Older Girl... Can We Get Married?? / Hmm This Bad Girl ..... Why?? (picture) / Would You Date An Older Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Dammyray(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2009
Easy as 123 if there's love between us
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2009
Sure I can if we are good together
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by omar22(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2009
When I was at Uni this girl fresh from Naija joined my class in the second year, both the same age and after a while I wanted to move in on her but she stopped my advance by telling me that she dates older men! that am too young for her! fair enough! we became friends within a period of 4 years she ended up sleeping with loads Married men who lied to her or those who have a fiancee waiting somewhere for them, in the end she had to travel back to Naija look for a bobo to marry then came back with her but the guy looked more like a pensioner!!!
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by omafal(m): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
why not especially if ur intentions are sincere, age shld never be a barrier 2 a relationship built on true and sincere feelings. i cant stop  askin myself why would pple jeopardize or destroy a relationship because of issues lik dis?Well i hv come 2 realise dat d only reason is external influence.One shld learn 2 follow his or her heart wen decidin on who 2 spend ur life wit. IT'S UR LIFE!
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by nethacker(m): 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2009
omar22:

When I was at Uni this girl fresh from Naija joined my class in the second year, both the same age and after a while I wanted to move in on her but she stopped my advance by telling me that she dates older men! that am too young for her! fair enough! we became friends within a period of 4 years she ended up sleeping with loads Married men who lied to her or those who have a fiancee waiting somewhere for them,  in the end she had to travel back to Naija look for a bobo to marry then came back with her but the guy looked more like a pensioner!!!
na so my brother.some of them funny i swear grin grin
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by skillworks(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2009
Honestly, I think I like older gals. From my experience, they tend to be more mature and understanding than the younger ones.

But there's limit to the age gap thing oo. For me, maximum of 3 years is ok. Anything above that is not welcome.

Skillworks.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by veraponpo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2009
I can if she pretty and doesn't look older,most importantly if she has good manners.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Nezan(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2009
Marriage should be contracted when you are convinced that God has shown you the right person, it doesnt matter the age difference.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by chenchin: 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2009
Age is just a mere factor in relationship,I av neva dated a girl am older dan,even right now,i am dating a girl dats is 2 Yrs older dan me.So wats the big deal?,
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by saintade01(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
skillworks:

Honestly, I think I like older gals. From my experience, they tend to be more mature and understanding than the younger ones.

Seconded wink

just that they quickly look older as you move on undecided
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by klerry(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2009
Sure, as long as we love each other.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Shola2009(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2009
2 years older at most, anything apart from that would require the sum of 10million dollars!. . . . before i forget. . . . . . . in CASH!! yes grin
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by pyskes: 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2009
yes wld definitely, nd wld stil consider not been 2 old,,tink wld feel real gud wit a carin nd lovely person, cuz dats my person.and finally prettie 2 d feet inwardly nd outwardly, thanx
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Pharoh: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2009
Busy_body:

Nothing wrong there, age is just a number and a lot of people don't know how to act their age anyway.
Here we go again with Nigerians and "their" culture cool

My sister age is more than a number though i do accept that people do not act on their age based on the circumstance they have passed through in Life.

My sister what can we do without that culture, cool. When i said culture i was just stating one of the reasons and not all the reasons why i don't support that notion. I know you understand me grin

ThiefOfHearts:

Their same culture believed twins should be killed

These people just like to yarn dust

Who are the people yarning dust if i may ask and can you tell any culture in the world that does not its own barbaric side? Yes we killed twins yesterday but not anymore and we would have still achieved that without the help of the whites.

jextoban:

aint no big deal in dating or marrying a lady older than me .am not surprised at those that said no or never.it shows how immature they re when it comes to love.when you love someone ,age will automatically be a mere factor of numbers. yall need to grow up and handle biz like an adult and stop using culture as a motherfucking excuse.

So it is now maturity in your dictionary when you date or marry older woman and immaturity for those who do not do it right? have you heard about the word choice and preference? One mans meat is another man's poison so don't jump to conclusions and name calling which is immature.

chiogo:

LMFAO!!! They woulda killed my siblings with their so-called culture. SMH!!!

Oh please. Agreed, it has nothing to do with culture. But saying you can't date or marry someone who's older/younger doesn't make one immature. It's called choice/preference. It's only immature if there's no reason behind it except "culture".

@topic, younger guys?? nah. Ok, I have so many reasons. If he's younger then he'll be in school with me or something and myself, I'm gonna be in school for a LONG time as far as I know. We can't both be in school struggling when it comes to marriage. uh uh.

Again, I like to feel protected and pampered. If he's younger, I'm supposed to be doing the pampering?? oh hell no tongue That's like raising another child.

From experience, some of 'em like to be spoon-fed, some can be very mature for their age. But um, nah. Considering that women age faster than men. That's another factor. I can't be looking like his mother. lipsrsealed

My sister what you have just explained is the same thing the culture which we are condemning here will also explain if you take your time to find out.
omar22:

This is a perfect case of letting society predict or colonizing on how you should live your life?

Its called shallow minded or narrow vision,  how long before the word "Our Culture" pops out!!!

Do you honestly think you can live your life without the society?
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Feelitx(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2009
of course. They offer more support,show more love and throw less tantrums.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by shamespury: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2009
yes of course i c notin wrong in dating a girl older than i as long as there is mutual understanding. it is not a big deal.moreso think about it , what if she lied concerning her age, would u know?[b][/b]
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by bawomolo(m): 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2009
But um, nah. Considering that women age faster than men

that's an urban legend that has never being proven true.  BS

As per the thread, i won't mind an older woman
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by spoilt(f): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2009
bawomolo:

that's an urban legend that has never being proven true. BS

It is BS. Im older than husby. Lets just say i look like his sugarbaby. grin
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by chiogo(f): 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2009
Pharoh:

My sister what you have just explained is the same thing the culture which we are condemning here will also explain if you take your time to find out.
Maybe, but then I might never find out as I'm not using "culture" as my reason. It's mostly my personal opinions. I know myself better, thank you.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by chiogo(f): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2009
bawomolo:

that's an urban legend that has never being proven true.  BS

It's true most of the time from what I've seen but then again, it depends on the individuals.
Some people don't mature early so they tend to look young even when old, especially skinny people.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by bawomolo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2009
chiogo:

It's true most of the time from what I've seen but then again, it depends on the individuals.
Some people don't mature early so they tend to look young even when old, especially skinny people.

you are right, it depends on the individual and not ON THE GENDER.

humans tend to see what they want to believe and what really exists. 

age aint nothing but a number (no pedo though)

spoilt:

It is BS. Im older than husby. Lets just say i look like his sugarbaby. grin

keep on enjoying your man jare. you seasoned cougar grin
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Macgreat(m): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2009
Yeah, i will
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by jaygirl2: 1:50am On Oct 21, 2009
FIRST OF ALL, D PIX ON UR PROFILE IS SEE ANYTHING WIERD? OR WOT
BAC TO UR QUES, I CANT.
NOREASON
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by spoilt(f): 2:54am On Oct 21, 2009
Macgreat:

Yeah, i will

Were you responding to the comment meant for me or do you have a man?
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Rooneyboy(m): 3:16am On Oct 21, 2009
Age is just a number .
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Rooneyboy(m): 3:18am On Oct 21, 2009
Those of u saying no r just saying so because u've not fallen in love with u before.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by gasbi2: 5:13am On Oct 21, 2009
I think the maturity of the person really counts in rocking the relationship and not the age.have seen a matured guy of 25yrs and a guy of 45yrs that has a brain of 15yrs. to me age is just a number.maturity really plays a big factor.too bad if you dont no this.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by tolk2tboy: 5:50am On Oct 21, 2009
I can bt d diff cant b more dan a year
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Linguist(f): 11:08am On Oct 21, 2009
[i]age is not maturity we all know that. aguy may be older and dont bhave mature, on the other hand, u see a younger bros and he bhaves mature, so which will u go for? one mans food another mans poison, and vice versa.[/i] cool lipsrsealed[quote][/quote]decisions left for u alone to.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by chiogo(f): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2009
Age is not just a number, sorry. That's another "urban legend" in Bawo's word, which many people use these days.

Many people saying they're comfortable dating/marrying someone younger/older still place a difference limit on it e.g s(he) can't be more than ---- years younger/older than me. If age isn't a number, why not date/marry someone who's old/young enough to be your granny or child? I'm just saying.

Age is more than a number, depends on what the number means to you.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by mrofficial(m): 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
I won't!

It will definitely be like of chris and rihanna

Even when the guy is older, its kinda hard, talk of when she's older, na die.
Re: Would You Date/marry An Older Girl? why or why not? by Chozn1(f): 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
I'd rada date a guy dat's younger and acts more mature dan a guy dat's older and acts younger as u knw many of d guys do. So it's a question of maturity not just in age but in acts, words and thots. Chikena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What is This World Turning Into / The Man Behind Big Brother Voice Finally Exposed! / Haters Will Say It Is Not Me, And Photoshopped Etc (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.