Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! (50943 Views)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 05, 2016
carmag:

you go first put your own picture b4 u go dey request for another person own
until you put yours
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by NikitaNike(f): 3:12am On Oct 05, 2016
hopeforcharles:
Literally yes because it's easy to please a man
literally clap for urself
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 05, 2016
blackedwin:
For those of you calling ladies names, can you stand it if someone calls your sisters,nieces,daughters such? I bet you will fight to defend them,but y'all come here and spew rubbish.lots of kids in Nairaland nowadays.

I'm not based in Nigeria but what ever majority are pointing accusing fingers there is an iota of truth in it

these are people residing in different parts of the country and even in local villages so all of them cannot be wrong since they're talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 05, 2016
reminiscing:

until you put yours

lolz... I'm not a woman that must be chosen rather I choose if I like what I see

do you get that
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 05, 2016
carmag:

lolz... I'm not a woman that must be chosen rather I choose if I like what I see

do you get that

Follow up member,I am not interested in you or the OP of the post
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sweetcocoa(f): 3:53am On Oct 05, 2016
chrisj2:

This is funny!

What is the big deal with wanting to go to the USA - have you not seen what they are doing to black men over there?

Anyway, you have to live in the UK as a single guy to understand what they OP is facing or talking about...

It is not about the Nigerian women in the UK - it is about finding the time and the space to get to know people well enough and then for those women folk to be on the same level as you: of course, it is give and take but when you have principles and you are of a certain age, it is hard to put up with lower expectations.

Some of the ladies are far more into women lib even more than the Oyinbos, some of them still the Nja mentality of over exposing themselves or their spouse to all sorts of traditional, religious, ostentatious and OTT believes ways of doing things.

The UK is not like the USA or Nja where one can make serious amount of money - you can gets a reasonably good job and be comfortable but rarely ever rich enough to behave the way some of our ladies expect... The other thing is that the UK is far more female friendly and there are many more opportunities for the women to get on and be at parity or better than the men - and that does not always bode well (not being sexist or generalising but when the nagging starts and the disrespect then one will find that it is not worth the bother).
That's why I want us to move to the US, so we'll make enough money ni and be happy. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by hopeforcharles(m): 4:55am On Oct 05, 2016
naijafeminist:

Y'all went wrong
where ? so amends will be made , and a restoration process might begin
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by hopeforcharles(m): 4:58am On Oct 05, 2016
NikitaNike:
literally clap for urself
am I wrong?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by agesron(f): 4:59am On Oct 05, 2016
Cutehector:
fine girl.. smiley

Smiles, thank U.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by agesron(f): 5:01am On Oct 05, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Wat about me angry angry
Is it because I am in Gabon, I will go to London 1 day ooo angry angry

Lolz, Gabon is not bad too. Smiles.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Cutehector(m): 5:12am On Oct 05, 2016
agesron:

Smiles, thank U.
u single?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Ichliebedich:
8 pages of Bad mouthing Nigerian women shocked. Nairaland guys una weldone o lipsrsealed

no smoke without fire

people are defined by their character
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 05, 2016
beautiful232:
story for the gods

as if when you finally see one you will keep her

abegi

Just declare your intention to compete with the other interested girls and stop forming. Op, has got pounds sterling to spend.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by thunderbabs: 6:19am On Oct 05, 2016
Gals plenty for sabo....come sabo. undecided
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Ichliebedich(f): 6:33am On Oct 05, 2016
ghostmist:
Ja, ich liebe dich so sehr.

wie geht's?

sprechen sie Deutsch?
Mir geht es sehr gut. Nein, ich spreche nicht Deutsch
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Ichliebedich(f): 6:34am On Oct 05, 2016
carmag:

no smoke without fire

people are defined by their character
That is a lot of smoke
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Let's assume he is for real, would you consider his preposition if he approaches you?

Beautiful232 will jump at it if the op approaches her.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by LONJITARLE(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2016
Annie2059:
this is serious cry
Me cant stop admiring ur swag [center][/center] wink
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by beautiful232(f): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2016
Avalon316:

Beautiful232 will jump at it if the op approaches her.

I don't blame you
the last time I checked I never told you both that I'm single or searching
MFS
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by beautiful232(f): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2016
Avalon316:

Just declare your intention to compete with the other interested girls and stop forming. Op, has got pounds sterling to spend.

just one word for you

but then

I think silence is the best answer to some jobless shit like you
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2016
beautiful232:

I don't blame you

the last time I checked I never told you both that I'm single or searching

MFS

Naija oloshos are always searching.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by beautiful232(f): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Avalon316:

Naija oloshos are always searching.

I think still talking to you will rather bring my standard too low

and lots of responsible dude are in their office working
not looking for people they can be rude to
this will be my last time to response to any of meaningless shit

don't forget to close the door behind you when your done playing around
Thank you
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by veave(f): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2016
What am i seeing here? Oh my world!!! Not one male said Nigerian women are good. Everyone is calling us olosho. Im highly disappointed. Seriously. You really need to change the circle of people you move with. My lovely op. We have beautiful, godfearing, homely, understand, accomodating and sound ladies here in Nigeria. At least my sisters, cousins and i are part of them. Do not let anyone discourage you. If you know how to distinguish wheat from chaff, you will be fine

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by LaserFocus: 7:52am On Oct 05, 2016
ibx1976:
My good people I am in a bit of a situation here and would like to hear from the community. I have lived the last few years in the UK and can say I am in a reasonably "settled" place in my life except for one thing: I don't have a wife and I am getting old!.

For the last few years, going by people's advice I thought it was best to cultivate a relationship here with someone here in the UK, learn about them and settle.

It has not worked out for me. Maybe its my luck, it has not quite worked with me with the ladies over here. I always end up with someone diametrically opposite to my goals and aspirations. The idea of marrying an Oyibo is even worse - things just did not work out in that direction either.

To compound the problem, I my job does not allow me much of a social life. I just cant make it happen without help.

On a friend's advice, I have been invited to come back home to naija and see how things can work out. I have therefore taken a months leave and am headed home for the next 1 month. Our plan is to visit a few good families and places to see if anything can materialise from that.

My people any advice on this? If you were in my shoes, how will you conduct this affair. What will you look out for. What will you avoid.

My brother. Please ignore all these nay sayers with their negativity. This is still doable and I know people who have done it and are happy in their marriages. However one month is too short for anything concrete to happen. Doesn't mean that it is impossible though.
The first step is to meet a few good girls. Could be by recommendation or not. See if you like any of them. Then get to know them just as friends. Continue to communicate with them when you return back and prayerfully watch them. As you do this you will gradually cut off the ones you don't want to pursue a relationship with and face the one you have chosen. Once you have decided, you can come home a few times or invite her over before you seal the deal.
One prayer you should always pray is Father reveal ______ to me. (Slot in the girls name). Reveal who she is, her true character and God will show you.
Bear in mind however that I have just given you a suggestion. These things are not cut and dried and can happen in any way so keep an open mind. PRAYER IS KEY. USE IT WELL THIS PERIOD. God bless you and I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ibx1976: 8:11am On Oct 05, 2016
tiwiex:

My advice, try. It could work. I have a friend who was lucky. But shine ur eye and see if u can do ur litmus test. Design ur own test and dont be desperate. Success has many friends. In fact, d babe won't even realize she is gold digging u. We easily rationalize love but we are just rationalizing our opportunities. Every babe and guy dey claim to be single these days. so, who is dating who sef? Just be careful my bro.
I absolutely love that quote. Thanks for your advice.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Analee(f): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2016
ibx1976:
My good people I am in a bit of a situation here and would like to hear from the community. I have lived the last few years in the UK and can say I am in a reasonably "settled" place in my life except for one thing: I don't have a wife and I am getting old!.

For the last few years, going by people's advice I thought it was best to cultivate a relationship here with someone here in the UK, learn about them and settle.

It has not worked out for me. Maybe its my luck, it has not quite worked with me with the ladies over here. I always end up with someone diametrically opposite to my goals and aspirations. The idea of marrying an Oyibo is even worse - things just did not work out in that direction either.

To compound the problem, I my job does not allow me much of a social life. I just cant make it happen without help.

On a friend's advice, I have been invited to come back home to naija and see how things can work out. I have therefore taken a months leave and am headed home for the next 1 month. Our plan is to visit a few good families and places to see if anything can materialise from that.

My people any advice on this? If you were in my shoes, how will you conduct this affair. What will you look out for. What will you avoid.

come to OPM and pick assigmnt u marry wif ease,woks lik magic.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2016
beautiful232:

I think still talking to you will rather bring my standard too low

and lots of responsible dude are in their office working

not looking for people they can be rude to

this will be my last time to response to any of
meaningless shit

don't forget to close the door behind you when your done playing around

Thank you
You think I'm jobless like you?
You just murdered English language. Ever heard of punctuation? Airhead
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Fragileheart(f): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2016
He who finds a wife finds a good thing, pray for God to guide you in your search.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by shumuel(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2016
seizethaBae:
kontinu. u hear?

Lol grin just carrying out my Nairaland Civic duty wink
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by beautiful232(f): 9:17am On Oct 05, 2016
cheesy
Avalon316:
You think I'm jobless like you? You just murdered English language. Ever heard of punctuation? Airhead

go and look for something useful and do with yourself

leave me English alone

my boo likes it like that
no be English I go take enter heaven
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Sunglow: 9:36am On Oct 05, 2016
Dyt:

Finally
Fate has brought us back after how many years

Come
Come
Come to me
Funny you! tongue
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2016
Sunglow:
Funny you! tongue

And you too
Me funny?
Snaps fingers
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love / Adorable Video Of Nigeria Mature Couple Bantering At Each Other In Rivers State / Woman Flies Her Husband To Abu Dhabi For His 30th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.