Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! (50956 Views)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ghostmist: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ichliebedich:
8 pages of Bad mouthing Nigerian women shocked. Nairaland guys una weldone o lipsrsealed
Ja, ich liebe dich so sehr.

wie geht's?

sprechen sie Deutsch?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by armyofone(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
Going to marry at home...just set your priorities right and have low expectations.
Don't go marry because you are looking for someone to pick up after you or carry house chores on her head, or be a breeding machine, while taking nursing school courses per your request and holding part or full time job.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Sisisioge

Potentials plenty ooo
You don see one wey you fit like?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by InvertedHammer: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
manny4life:

How is it 1990's?
/
It was a fantasy in the 1990s with many scars afterwards just the same way some parents still shun intertribal marriages.

Many Nigerian women are now marrying oyibo sef. A lot of men married to impress their parents and not for love. A lot of women married for migration and not for love. At the end, divorce rate skyrocketed because there was no foundation ab initio.
\

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
Utchgirl:

I'm waiting 4 u .

Look no more.

Lol. Jesus is Lord. Never thought I would ever see something like this.

Desperate girls of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Humblea(m): 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Wise decision. Welcome home
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:
Sisisioge

Potentials plenty ooo

Sis, be sincere to yourself. Everyone knows that you are this sisisioge. You are seriously trying to get the op to notice you.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Utchgirl:

I'm waiting 4 u .
Look no more.

Fresia01:
I'm here honey..if u need me

agesron:
Am here for u jare. grin grin

esumo13:
Please am available!!!!am single and ready to mingle

freecocoa:
What can you possibly want in a woman that no woman in UK can give you? I'll guess, you want a woman who will do everything you say and want with no questions, anyways I'm looking for a husband too but my condition is that we'll move to America after marriage, if you agree, hit me up.

A stranger comes online and says he lives in the UK and you all are already getting wet. Have some decency

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
Avalon316:

Sis, be sincere to yourself. Everyone knows that you are this sisisioge. You are seriously trying to get the op to notice you.

grin grin grin grin grin

Oga, don't get it twisted mehn...by the way, u are making me popular tongue
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by hola20: 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
ibx1976:

@chrisj2 I totally agree with you.

This is part of the problem. Every body wants to tell you to go out more. Go out of your comfort zone. What they dont remember is that people are different. When you pretend to be who you are not in order to meet a lady on a different gear. Eventually when you mellow and become you again, that is when palaver starts.
Like I said. Been there, done that.

Agreed. But it's both ways. It's hard getting to meet anyone who shares the same values.

It's not just the guys.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Avalon316:

Has your balls suddenly shifted ways?
undecided undecided

I troubled the Op back in the year 2011

I am a proud mother and taken all around
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
armyofone:
Going to marry at home...just set your priorities right and have low expectations.
Don't go marry because you are looking for someone to pick up after you or carry house chores on her head, or be a breeding machine, while taking nursing school courses per your request and holding part or full time job.

I don't understand! The post is full of holes... Why have low expectations? What is that bit about carrying house chores on her head wink And as for taking nursing course or holding part or full time jobs - what is wrong with that? In the UK and probably in Nigeria, it will be hard to be one-salary family unless the breadwinner is mega loaded.

It should be about partnership and having more or less the same vision - a good strong and tight family and very good prospects and future for their offsprings; not showing off, keeping up with the Jones and worrying too much about satisfying relatives in Nja and elsewhere.

If he finds the person for himself then he also has to work hard at making the whole thing work because you cannot bring someone from Nja and expect that person not to live like most people do in the UK - as long as it is sensible and not antagonistic then it should all be fine. In the Uk, the man cannot get away with abusing the woman or expecting her to work as a quasi-housegirl or baby making machine as you put it; she will soon leave or throw the man out...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:
Sisisioge

Potentials plenty ooo

Wowzerful! grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm so gonna read every single post in here ...you are making me popular babes.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Mcowubaba: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
agesron:
Am here for u jare. grin grin
Wat about me angry angry
Is it because I am in Gabon, I will go to London 1 day ooo angry angry

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by grandstar(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
ibx1976:
My good people I am in a bit of a situation here and would like to hear from the community. I have lived the last few years in the UK and can say I am in a reasonably "settled" place in my life except for one thing: I don't have a wife and I am getting old!.

For the last few years, going by people's advice I thought it was best to cultivate a relationship here with someone here in the UK, learn about them and settle.

It has not worked out for me. Maybe its my luck, it has not quite worked with me with the ladies over here. I always end up with someone diametrically opposite to my goals and aspirations. The idea of marrying an Oyibo is even worse - things just did not work out in that direction either.

To compound the problem, I my job does not allow me much of a social life. I just cant make it happen without help.

On a friend's advice, I have been invited to come back home to naija and see how things can work out. I have therefore taken a months leave and am headed home for the next 1 month. Our plan is to visit a few good families and places to see if anything can materialise from that.

My people any advice on this? If you were in my shoes, how will you conduct this affair. What will you look out for. What will you avoid.

My best advise is don't make these mistakes:

1. Live a fake life

Do not pretend to be what you're not. If you are cleaning toilets in the UK, let her know. If you're a doctor, let her know. If you live in a poor part of town, let her know. If it's Mayfair let her know.

If there's high crime in your place, let her know. If low, let her know. Come open!

2. Let her know what to expect. Don't leave any stone unturned.

For instance, tell her what £2.000 a month salary will get you there. That is May be 1.1m here, but much over there.

Tell her how much rent is. What it can get. Inform her the cost of doing her hair etc. Inform her what kind of job will be available for her. Her potential earnings. Also, inform her if your job will keep you from home a lot.

Come clean.

The reason why I am saying this is that most Nigerians going abroad don't know what to expect especially when they see how Nigerian returnees blow cash. So when she gets there, she will be expect you're staying in a 3 bedroom flat in a posh part of town. Some don't even know poverty exist in Europe amongst whites.

If she gets there and become disillusioned and feels betrayed because you did not open up, your marriage is half dead already. That's one reason many guys who come home to Pick their wives have difficulties. They loose the respect of their wives

Please don't make the same mistake. it's better you're blunt and honest than suffer the consequences later.

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Wowzerful! grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm so gonna read every single post in here ...you are making me popular babes.

I wanna buy asoebi and eat jollof rice jor
cry cry

I think chrisj2 is single
embarassed
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
hola20:

Agreed. But it's both ways. It's hard getting to meet anyone who shares the same values.

It's not just the guys.

Yes, it is hard especially in the UK with people spread all over the place except for Peckham - lol. Moreover, there is not that much time with people of a certain age and in certain profession.

I have to say that, I do not expect all the values to be the same but certain fundamentals cannot and should not be compromised away; for him, it is overly religious types, loud and ostentatious types and people that cannot help putting their extended family in the way of getting on with their own lives and creating a great future for their own children.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:

cry cry

embarassed

Hmmm... I'm so adding you to the guest list whether the bobo comes from NL or not! chrisj2? Checking him out straight up.

By the way, keep the pointers coming...it makes it a lot easier cos I'm still on page one since morning grin

Modified:

The guy is abroad...too catty for across the ocean fancies wink
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by hopeforcharles(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justmary06:

I totally agree with you. These days it's so hard to find a good guy don't know what went wrong.. Maybe we should probably meet *one of these days* to Reminiscence.
Not a bad idea as long as you are good,
Meanwhile for a start email me let's start there.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:

cry cry

embarassed

You are guys are killing me... This is so funny! I do not mind the jolof rice and even the parties but please no ASO EBI - how many will one have to buy in one's life time. I hate them! The last one I will buy will be for my mum's passing and that will be it!

By the way, I have a huge extended family: many uncles and aunts on paternal and maternal side and then the cousins, the grand children, the in-laws and so on and so on.

Yes, I am single, but Like I said not desperate and I am not even into having a large nuclear family: its me and mine and 2.X kids. Thank you!
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Ewuro4: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
armyofone:

Hehehe this Amy sef, wetin dem dey look for native girls before?
Glorified housemaid- go nursing school-ATM don cook undecided

I don't take those kinda men serious atall. What they don't understand is home based chicks eye tear pass that 'independent' sister in diaspora. Obo n gbobo gope grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Modified:

You haf come again ooo
angry angry angry angry

chrisj2:

Yes, I am single, but Like I said not desperate and I am not even into having a large nuclear family: its me and mine and 2.X kids. Thank you!

Ehn
This is the koko
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Hmmm... I'm so adding you to the guest list whether the bobo comes from NL or not! chrisj2? Checking him out straight up.

By the way, keep the pointers coming...it makes it a lot easier cos I'm still on page one since morning grin

Modified:

What guest list?

I will be in Nja on gardening leave from January 2016 - for a few months at the start then may be more if I do not get too bored or fed up of the family and the village life in Ogun State. But I am definitely going native and am looking forward... Like I said, just to get the Nja vibes back.

Now time for bed - early start for me... Good night all!
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Ewuro4: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
Avalon316:

A stranger comes online and says he lives in the UK and you all are already getting wet. Have some decency

Too funny grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ibx1976: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
grandstar:

My best advise is don't make these mistakes:

1. Live a fake life
Do not pretend to be what you're not. If you are cleaning toilets in the UK, let her know. If you're a doctor, let her know. If you live in a poor part of town, let her know. If it's Mayfair let her know.
If there's high crime in your place, let her know. If low, let her know. Come open!

2. Let her know what to expect. Don't leave any stone unturned.
For instance, tell her what £2.000 a month salary will get you there. That is May be 1.1m here, but much over there.

Tell her how much rent is. What it can get. Inform her the cost of doing her hair etc. Inform her what kind of job will be available for her. Her potential earnings. Also, inform her if your job will keep you from home a lot.

Come clean.

The reason why I am saying this is that most Nigerians going abroad don't know what to expect especially when they see how Nigerian returnees blow cash. So when she gets there, she will be expect you're staying in a 3 bedroom flat in a posh part of town. Some don't even know poverty exist in Europe amongst whites.

If she gets there and become disillusioned and feels betrayed because you did not open up, your marriage is half dead already. That's one reason many guys who come home to Pick their wives have difficulties. They loose the respect of their wives

Please don't make the same mistake. it's better you're blunt and honest than suffer the consequences later.
Thanks for the advice.
I can confirm I played the above card once and the person involved refused. That was back in the day when "ground never level". To this day I still wonder if it was the truth I spoke or that I was not handsome enough smiley
Nevertheless I still trust my missing rib is in naija smiley
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
chrisj2:

What guest list?

I will be in Nja on gardening leave from January 2016 - for a few months at the start then may be more if I do not get too bored or fed up of the family and the village life in Ogun State. But I am definitely going native and am looking forward... Like I said, just to get the Nja vibes back.

Now time for bed - early start for me... Good night all!

Awwwww
He wanna get hooked sisisioge
cry cry
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
ibx1976:

Thanks for the advice.
I can confirm I played the above card once and the person involved refused. That was back in the day when "ground never level". To this day I still wonder if it was the truth I spoke or that I was not handsome enough smiley
Nevertheless I still trust my missing rib is in naija smiley

Finally
Fate has brought us back after how many years

Come
Come
Come to me
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hmmmm...

Read enough. It's quite exhilarating to know that men are getting more vocal about the singleton situation these days. Gone are those days when being single past twenties is a stigma for women alone...hallelujah!

@ OP, if you are truly searching...may God help you find the right person. Searching and finding the One is indeed an ultimate search!

Geskia, I wish you success.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:

Awwwww
He wanna get hooked sisisioge
cry cry

Babes! Stop nau...u don pursue the dude go sleep now grin
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Dyt(f): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Babes! Stop nau...u don pursue the dude go sleep now grin

He's shy
Oya go continue offline
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sisisioge: 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:

He's shy
Oya go continue offline

grin grin grin
Chai, ID you no dey language savvy! Bobo don already give him details but no look my face, yet you come say my I still begin dey chase am grin Kai, u no sabi how these butty bobos dey do? Biko, na my 100% daddy Ejima I dey find jor. But you try...well done wink you fit redirect your enthusiasm towards finding my baba Ejima biko cool thanks babes kiss
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by wristbangle: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:
I don't blame u...its a social media.. U can vomit all d trash in ur mouth

tonguetongue. Am just kidding. Didn't mean what I said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

“From Pablo To Ogbuefi” – Lady Shares Her Little Son’s Transformation / Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video) / How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.