Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. (23095 Views)

Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Lady Celebrates As She Rents A House For The 1st Time After 8yrs of Squating(pic / Giving back to Nairalanders-Get Your Free House Sketches Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Mskrisx(f): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

HAhahahahahah...
now i see, the soakaway juice must ve contained the fluid that conceived you..
No worry i don give my people drink nd am bringing back the remnant for yo momma, heard she had miscarriage last month.. let her have some probably she could birth u a brother..

grin grin my guy read my last message.... No FORMINGS for us....you dey show wetyn u no get...my soaked menstrual pad go everly dey get class pass you, your future and generation to come. ... Hungry man wey dey form RICK ROSS...keep sucking my shiiiit hole..bloody pussyass -fakeAss-bitchAss- broke tear-tear boxers Riff Raff. grin grin I dey follow u back to back like stink on poo Ozwai!
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mskrisx:

grin grin my guy read my last message.... No FORMINGS for us....you dey show wetyn u no get...my soaked menstrual pad go everly dey get class pass you, your future and generation to come. ... Hungry man wey dey form RICK ROSS...keep sucking my shiiiit hole..bloody pussyass -fakeAss-bitchAss- broke tear-tear boxers Riff Raff. grin grin I dey follow u back to back like stink on poo Ozwai!

grin grin grin U mean those maggot holes u ve got
If u give me part, what would ur family live on
They say Charity begins at home, why not first feed ur family with u damn maggot holes..
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
I dont know about other states, but in Lagos state Landlord no de fit take tenant for granted, thanks to Babatunde Rajiv Fashola, my landlord thought he is wise served me and either tenant in our 2 bedroom flat one month notice, we were not keening him, he wanted to renovate the house according to him, we got a good lawyer followed the landlord bumber to bumber, after one year and six month court has not decided our case, during the cause of renovation, the landlord removed our roof, we snapped that as an exhibit, we went to court and we claimed a damaged of N10m, after 2 years we were still patronizing the court. You have to see how this landlord and his fake lawyer came one saturday started crawling on the floor begging we tenant to go and settle the case out of court. As a person I decided yo pack out of the apartment after 2 years of not paying anything. Could you believe that some tenant still stay in that compound for 4 years without paying? Please just be careful, understand the caliber of your tenant. Here in Lagos, the lady thing a Landlord will do is to have an evictipn issues with their tenants, I dont know of other state. GOD BLESS BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA for helping tenant to unplug the wings of done evil landlords here in Lagos. Elo oni baje.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Jimi23(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2016
Chinom:

Hahahaha.. grin this your post really made me laugh. How naïve can one be. Do you think we are talking about renting or tenants in Iceland, Sweden or Norway. Try this your suggestion with tenants in Mushin, Agege, Okoko, Orile and other parts of Lagos and Nigeria. In such places, Landlords go to the police crying. To make matters worse, the same PC you are lodging your complaint with at the police station is a tenant in a similar situation. His own case may even be worse than that of the tenant you are trying to throw out.
The law is a complete ass in Nigeria. It's neatly and properly spelt out on paper. But the reality is a nightmare. Come back home, Bro.

I understand the lack of respect for the law in Nigeria. I'm only pointing out the fact that it is not legal for any tenant to occupy one's property without paying rent not even 4 one day except otherwise agreed by all parties involved.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
I dont know about other states, but in Lagos state Landlord no de fit take tenant for granted, thanks to Babatunde Raji Fashola, my landlord thought he is wise served me and 4 other tenants in our 2 bedroom flat one month notice, we were not owing him a dim, he wanted to renovate the house according to him and give it to oyher nee tenant so as to make more profit, we got a good lawyer followed the landlord bumber to bumber, after one year and six month court has not yet decided our case, during the cause of renovation, the landlord removed our roof, we snapped that as an exhibit, we went to court and we claimed a damaged of N10m, after 2 years we were still patronizing the court. You have to see how this landlord and his fake lawyer came one saturday morning, started crawling on the floor begging we tenant to go and settle the case out of court. As a person I decided to pack out of the apartment after 2 years of not paying anything. Could you believe that some tenant still stayed in that compound for 4 years without paying? Please just be careful, understand the caliber of your tenant. Here in Lagos, Landlord will do everythong to make sure they dont have an eviction issues with their tenants, I dont know of other states. GOD BLESS BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA for helping tenant to unplug the wings of some evil landlords here in Lagos. Eko oni baje.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by nwagbunaese(f): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2016
ifyeez:
I just dey find free likes anyhow cool cool cool. Give me Like if you re cool like me.

I'm not understanding you o
u wanna to go to the bank to collect money with the likes?

Kontinu.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by propconsultants: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
good day, i am a property consultants this is what the law says if you take a rent of one year from your tenant and you want to make use of that house latter you will give the tenant quite notice of one year the same day you collected money from them and if they are the one that refuse to pay all you will do is to give them some time to pay if you take them to court they will give them six mount and if after then they did not still pay the courts wil give them some weeks again before action so what u need to do now is to play along with them cos you cant trow them out of the house and remember they paid you for aggreement .
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by 99foxxy(f): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Oga if you want to follow legal action, it will be Six months... Don't do what you will regret later, i advice you come to terms with your tenants by way of agreement to opt out after three months.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Mskrisx(f): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

grin grin grin U mean those maggot holes u ve got
If u give me part, what would ur family live on
They say Charity begins at home, why not first feed ur family with u damn maggot holes..

Yes ooo it's because that ugly thing didn't breast feed you at all.... na him make me advice u to keep sucking that hole...at least U fit finally see something chop...
My shiit! Dry one ooo grin grin

Quote me o... Fake cheap dirty ashawo pant!
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mskrisx:

Yes ooo it's because that ugly thing didn't breast feed you at all.... na him make me advice u to keep sucking that hole...at least U fit finally see something chop...
My shiit! Dry one ooo grin grin

Quote me o... Fake cheap dirty ashawo pant!

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
Must we go ova this again
Have told u charity starts at home, feed ur parents first before outsiders..

Hahahahahaha @ ur shit, neva in ur life time ve u had a watery shiit or u dont know those dirty brown water that comes in form of ur menstruation re as a result of Mallam yinusa 4getting a sieve inside of you after using it to make u cum..

U ve noticed that ladies who use the word "Ashawo" re into it full time, kontinew HIV is ur close companion...
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by ifyeez: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
nwagbunaese:

I'm not understanding you o
u wanna to go to the bank to collect money with the likes?

Kontinu.
You just fine anyhow, kindly add me up on bbm D1E5E954. we re gonna be perfect match
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Mskrisx(f): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
Must we go ova this again
Have told u charity starts at home, feed ur parents first before outsiders..

Hahahahahaha @ ur shit, neva in ur life time ve u had a watery shiit or u dont know those dirty brown water that comes in form of ur menstruation re as a result of Mallam yinusa 4getting a sieve inside of you after using it to make u cum..

U ve noticed that ladies who use the word "Ashawo" re into it full time, kontinew HIV is ur close companion...

Menix u are a poor idiot forming posh and I tell you it's cheaper to be original than fake! U too form... My properties here! there! Big big talk na him full that ur big mouth with face wey resemble dead body wey Don rotten...I don notice you and truss me I'd be your worst nightmare! I no go waste my Mb again

But know it that we wey day game know king of the jungle when e show.... My guy u no get any levels but your mumu certificate no go gree you behave normal. Nkita ara! Zuzu ariwa u hear grin grin your fakeness na jumbo size...i FREEyou but my guy u need calm down as your papa no make am to be Adenuga u gat accept am so na? grin grin
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mskrisx:

Menix u are a poor idiot forming posh and I tell you it's cheaper to be original than fake! U too form... My properties here! there! Big big talk na him full that ur big mouth with face wey resemble dead body wey Don rotten...I don notice you and truss me I'd be your worst nightmare! I no go waste my Mb again

But know it that we wey day game know king of the jungle when e show.... My guy u no get any levels but your mumu certificate no go gree you behave normal. Nkita ara! Zuzu ariwa u hear grin grin your fakeness na jumbo size...i FREEyou but my guy u need calm down as your papa no make am to be Adenuga u gat accept am so na? grin grin

Yes i am ooo, but am poor to the extent i could house ya family..
-ur mum divorce ur dad to come be my maid..
-ur Sister eehh, nope nope she stinks like hell, just keep her far away..
-finally i could use you as an artifact in my sitting room...

If no be say u get bweast, nah man people for dey call you..
I am so fake that i make ur mummy's hollandis from my ghana must go bag..

hmmmm..
what is smelling did u fart or is it because i mentioned ur momma
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mskrisx the smelling ediot..

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha

Chaii, u run change ur pinshure come put ur sister own, even yo sista still wowo...

See as she be like cassava leaf wey dem use clean yansh...
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Mskrisx(f): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:
Mskrisx the smelling ediot..

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha

Chaii, u run change ur pinshure come put ur sister own, even yo sista still wowo...

She as she be like cassava leaf wey dem use clean yansh...

grin grin grin u noticed meeeeee? Bitch u a die hard fan! Dirty rag. wink
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mskrisx:

grin grin grin u noticed meeeeee? Bitch u a die hard fan! Dirty rag. wink

Yes am ur hand fan...

U mentioned dirty rag shebi i ve told u to stop using that dirty rag to clean ur punny, that it is the root cause why the neighborhood smells once u re back from market....
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by gasbee: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
bejick:

you are very right, have a very bad experience where I even offered one year and the idiot say he need two years by the time we enter court it was a different thing all together. the case drag and drag for almost two years before he moved out. the only thing is that such people don't go far in life.
which state did dis happen
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by nameoh: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
calabardick:

Brother, I know how you feel, not in this present Nigerian economy, but please before you take your action, please take time to read the following;

PROPERTY EVICTION: The Rights of a Landlord

It is generally believed that landlords are belligerent, troublesome people who lord their properties over tenants and try to make life uncomfortable for them but this is not always true. Just as tenants have been at the mercy of landlords, landlords have also been treated with contempt and maligned by tenants. Frustrated with tenants who refuse to pay rent, damage their properties and cause conflicts amongst other tenants, landlords are often faced with the option of ejecting such a tenant. There are however rules by law that must be followed and a landlord needs to know these rules so as not to be in err of the law.

By law, it is wrong for a landlord to forcibly eject a tenant no matter how much rent he or she owes or how cantankerous such a tenant is. The recovery of property by law in most states in Nigeria and anywhere in the world really unfortunately for landlords is in the favour of the tenant. This is done by the different law making bodies of the states to curb the excesses of landlords and ensure that tenants are not entirely at their mercy to be treated anyhow. A landlord who therefore wishes to eject his tenant for whatever reason must use the method prescribed by law.

The law states that a landlord must give his tenant reasonable time to vacate the property by serving him a quit notice and this is dependent on the tenancy period. For a yearly, tenant, the law provides that he must be given a six months quit notice, a quarterly tenant, a quarter’s notice, monthly tenant, a month’s notice and a weekly tenant, a week’s notice. The quit notice must be written and served on the tenant. These provisions are however subject to the tenancy agreement between the tenant and the landlord. In a case where it is expressly stated in the tenancy agreement that no notice will be given to the tenant, the landlord can go ahead and eject such a person without notice as long as the tenant duely executed the tenancy agreement.

In the case where a quit notice has been served and the tenant still refuses to vacate the property after the notice has elapsed, the law still does not permit the landlord to take matters into his hand and forcibly evict the tenant. Rather, the law expects another seven days notice of owner’s intention to recover property to be served. This notice is usually from the landlord’s Lawyer or Agent’s Legal Unit, informing the tenant his intention of proceeding to court to recover the property on behalf of the landlord.

It is important to note that this seven days notice of owner’s intention to recover property can only be served on a tenant after the expiration of a valid “Notice to Quit”. If served before a notice to quit or during the life span of a notice to quit, it is invalid and discredited. Also, this seven days notice is counted seven days from the date the notice is served. If it is less, the court will most likely reject its validity.

In the case where the tenant is still in possession of the property after a seven days notice has been served, the tenant is referred to as a statutory tenant i.e. a tenant of the law. This is because the law is allowing such a tenant to maintain possession of the property without paying rent to his landlord. However, after the court hearing, the court can order the tenant to pay rent accumulated in the duration the tenant held the property after notice has been served or what is referred to as mesne profits to the landlord.

PROPERTY EVICTION: Rights of a Tenant

Relationships are the bane of human existence; they are what sustains us, keeps us going and makes us alive. Whether we want to or not, our very nature is woven to rely on relationships and in the course of our lives, one of the relationships we will have is the landlord-tenant one. Unfortunately, this relationship is one of the most controversial relationships in life. It s filled with issues, conflicts and disputes and are often not amicable resolved even where attempts are made to resolve them. The sensitization of people to the fact that the law can be used to deal with a lot of the problems characterized in this relationship has however turned things around. Especially the mediation approach where a win:win situation is usually the objective.

Once upon a time, a landlord could wake up one day and decide he wants the tenant out of his house; perhaps out of spite, perhaps because he needs the property urgently, perhaps because he has a better offer. Whatever the reason, it didn’t matter. The landlord is the alpha and omega and the tenant at his mercy. Failure of the tenant to comply would often result in a forced eviction. The tenant is forcibly removed from the premises with his or her things thrown out and sometimes, the tenant’s property is removed from the premises in his or her absence. Call it “Jankara” or “OPC” method, some landlords and quack agents have almost perfected this act of illegality. The trend has however been abated with the realization that such actions is frowned at by the law.

Regardless of the type of occupancy, whether informal settlements, lease, rental accommodation, cooperative housing or emergency housing, or the type of housing or interest of a person in a house, all occupants are entitled to a measure of security of tenure which guarantees equal protection against intimidation, harassment, threats and forced eviction without due process of law. This means that no landlord, whether individual, a corporate organization or even the government, has the right to take matters into his hands by ejecting a tenant without resorting to the law. The landlord and Tenant relationship is guided by Law and both parties have their cover or protection against any untoward behavior of the other party in Law.

As a tenant, it is your right by law to have adequate notice to quit if your landlord wishes to take possession of his premises. No longer can the landlord come in the morning and ask you to quit by evening if he has not served the appropriate and due notice. Lawfully, the notice to quit is what puts an end to the term created by a tenancy and this is usually stated in the tenancy agreement. Where it is not expressly stated, a weekly tenancy is terminated by a week’s notice, a monthly tenancy is terminated by a month’s notice and a quarterly notice is given to terminate a quarterly tenancy while a yearly tenancy is terminated by six months notice. The nature of a tenancy is determined by reference to the time when rent is paid or demanded.

Some tenancy agreements have shorter or longer notices. Some even state that notices will not be given in the case where the landlord wishes to eject the tenant. This is why it is important to read the tenancy agreement carefully before signing because the law honours agreement between parties, and in the case where you sign a lawful agreement that limits your rights, you will be bound by it. Claiming you didn’t know holds no water because ignorance of the law affords no excuse.

In the case where the landlord takes you to court as a tenant, the court cannot eject you without hearing from you. This is because the amended 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria states that all persons in the country have certain undeniable rights which include the Right to Fair hearing. No person (tenant) can be tried in a competent court without allowing him to be heard. As a tenant, you also have the right to sue your landlord if he does not follow the due process of the law and forcibly throws you out.

Thanks
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by xtervaganza(m): 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
gucciplay:
Hi everyone i sold my 2 plots of lands last year to build a house . so the issue now is that my 4 tenants rent have expired since last month. my junior brother informed them there house rent have expired the told him that i will have to give them 3 free months. that is what Nigeria law said unless i should them Quit Notice .It's very sad that a house i build with my hard earn money somebody will be telling me that he will live in my house for free. I want to know which step i have to take
I blamethem?

This is what happenswhne you guys are too soft.

You can dm me if you want them to leave in a week. I will strangle them in their dream for you. I'll make death chase them in their sleep and nobody will tell them before they leave
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by sorepco(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2016
Wen a tenancy case takes that long the judge want a bribe. Give him his share n the judgem3nt is made within 1 month. Tenant go sppeal. Another bribe n judgement is made faster than usain bolt!!
bejick:

don't go to court. you may regret it. the court will drag and drag it could be very frustrating. it may even take 2 years cos the tenants will frustrate the case. from experience.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by fpeter(f): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2016
menix:

Re u god's play toy to be privy to his decisions

Like seriously God gives money to those with pure heart
Otokoto, Abacha must be in heaven

I see u ve a loving heart, now tell me what u ve achieved with it....

Since you have mentioned Otokoto and Abacha, let me ask you, how long did they live to enjoy their ill-gotten wealth?
There's a great difference between success and good success which the Lord gives...You ask me what I've achieved?
Well by God's grace i have done well for myself without hurting another person and by His grace I will still achieve more
with purity of heart and clean hands with a clear conscience.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by menix(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2016
fpeter:

Since you have mentioned Otokoto and Abacha, let me ask you, how long did they live to enjoy their ill-gotten wealth?
There's a great difference between success and good success which the Lord gives...You ask me what I've achieved?
Well by God's grace i have done well for myself without hurting another person and by His grace I will still achieve more
with purity of heart and clean hands with a clear conscience.

The pastors nd christian faithful(e.g the redeem preacher kill recently in abuja) that there lives were cut short do not ve pure heart nd purity abi

IBB, Chief Anenih etc, re they not enjoying their wealth.

Do u know Most Atheist on this forum re successful So there success is counterfeit because it's not from Christ

Sister, u know nothing about the wonders of God.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by bejick(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
gasbee:
which state did dis happen

Lagos state my dear. I latter abandoned the case cos the tenant latter moved out.
let me break it down for you.
1) the case was mentioned the 1st day and next was hearing date.

2) the next hearing date (after one month) a magistrate burial date.

3) the next date (after one month) fall in when Lagos state declare public holidays for voters card.

4) the next date judiciary went on strike that lasted for three months.

5) the next date was three after presidential election the magistrate didn't come.

6) the next date (after one month) I enter witness box.

7)then followed by another 4 months strike. (Totaling 12 months now)

coolthe next date we were asked to serve the defendant notice.

9)the next date (after one month) the defendant came to court to say they were not served properly within the stipulated time.

10) then followed by re-shufflement of magistrate another 7 months the case was taking to another court.

I can go on and on.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by beadaholic(f): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
Kaybaba5:

I dont think it will work like that and besides there is no way u will know that they are going to owe you prior to the expiration of their rent fee.
So how come u will know that they wont pay you after some months meanwhile their rent never expire.

Please be coherent

That's why you have to know your tenants well. Sometimes it could just be sensing that one is in subordinate, or one tenant is trying to act like the landlord at ur absence without ur approval. Those are danger signs.

This same issue happened to my mum and her tenants, even though my mum had an agent. Before they could evict all of them, they had to involve the bale of the area. Some of them owing hundreds of thousands, it wasn't funny.
Re: My Tenants Said I Should Give Them 3 Months Free House Rents. by Inception(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
jangos:
Please don't listen to wrong advice o, I am also talking from experience, 2013, my landlord gave me 7 days quit notice because i could not pay him 2 months rent. I told him to give me 3 months to pay all outstanding, but he refused, instead he gave me 7 days to pack out from the house i have leaved for 7 years. On the 7th day, he came with a quack lawyer, who served me a fake court notice to pack out from the house, they brought my properties out and I went to Lagos state mediating center at Alausa, they were also charge to court and my landlord and the quack lawyer were reminded in prison for 14 days, the apartment remained locked for 3 years of court proceeding, they later asked for out of court settlement, they agreed to pay for all the things i reported missing and damaged and to pay my house rent of where I was staying during the court proceedings....pls don't listen to online lawyers, because there are conditions on tenant and landlord relationship

No wonder.

The landlord was at fault by packing out your items without a proper court order(fake as you called it)

Now , try this again with a Landlord who is learned on this matter and see how it turns out. You go hear am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Rivers state, Three Feared Dead (Photos) / What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.