Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Why Is It So Compulsory??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It So Compulsory??? (1573 Views)

Is It Compulsory You Thank Your Parent After Every Meal..... / Is Marriage Compulsory? / Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Always Put On Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 11:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
Can somebody explain to me why its so compulsory to marry?
Why has it become the "next thing" to do for a young adult??
Why do I have to live in the same house with someone I'll have to end up "enduring" just so to be married
What is really the essence of marriage?
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by CoolFreeday(m): 12:22am On Oct 05, 2016
There are a lot of benefits and reasons to marry. It shouldn't be a compulsory thing or a forceful thing but its very necessary.
1. It makes you responsible kind of.
2. It makes you more tolerant and mature.
3. for companionship
4. for procreation
5. for help mate & assistant ( no one is an Ireland)
etc

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Pineapp: 12:31am On Oct 05, 2016
The power of recession grin
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Marriage is never compulsory. As far as they don't point a gun to your head in order for you to get married undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 05, 2016
CoolFreeday:
There are a lot of benefits and reasons to marry. It shouldn't be a compulsory thing or a forceful thing but its very necessary.
1. It makes you responsible kind of.
2. It makes you more tolerant and mature.
3. for companionship
4. for procreation
5. for help mate & assistant ( no one is an Ireland)
etc

I beg to differ. I know some people who are married, and are still immature AF.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by southernbelle(f): 5:50am On Oct 05, 2016
I think the major essence of marriage is companionship, if you don't want to get married, please do not.

But I will and I am gonna get married.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 05, 2016
Basically, it's a social norm in this part of the world where most folks are half learned and others are stark illiterate that easily gets caught up in social psychology.

In the US or UK, you can find people who don't like children and don't want one, Others can't just give up their single status for anything in the world, others are asexual etc.

You can choose to marry or not but the societal construct would make your folks start talking you to marriage even if you don't feel the need to and girls are usually the victim of this backwardness. We humans with different orientation and therefore should be allowed to exercise our freewill.

Only reason I deem it fine to be together with the opposite sex is sex itself, Any other thing can be taken care of without living together.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 05, 2016
smiley kiss
aaronson:
Basically, it's a social norm in this part of the world where most folks are half learned and others are stark illiterate that easily gets caught up in social psychology.

In the US or UK, you can find people who don't like children and don't want one, Others can't just give up their single status for anything in the world, others are asexual etc.

You can choose to marry or not but the societal construct would make your folks start talking you to marriage even if you don't feel the need to and girls are usually the victim of this backwardness. We humans with different orientation and therefore should be allowed to exercise our freewill.

Only reason I deem it fine to be together with the opposite sex is sex itself, Any other thing can be taken care of without living together.
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by CoolFreeday(m): 7:38am On Oct 05, 2016
LadyMercedes:

I beg to differ. I know some people who are married, and are still immature AF.

Those are the once having issues in marriage, the type that dont want marriage to improve them(They are negative influence). If anyone want his/her marriage to work, the person most make sacrifices, learn and get mature in it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2016
southernbelle:
I think the major essence of marriage is companionship, if you don't want to get married, please do not.

But I will and I am gonna get married.

smiley
"but I will and I am gonna get married"....dat rite dere is d "compulsory thin am bothered abt...for some peeps its a do or die affair....its just crazy.
Dat u must be married tin is soo damned.
U meet a gal, she's asking u how ready u are to marry, u visit aunts/granny dey asking u where ur gf at and abt she wanting to carry grand child....
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Dyt(f): 12:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
These ifaki men and their ways sha
They prefer to be humping different veejay

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
And who says Marriage is compulsory? undecided
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2016
Dyt:
These ifaki men and their ways sha They prefer to be humping different veejay
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
We get quarrel before ni Lolzzzz Nawty sumbori
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2016
LadyMercedes:
And who says Marriage is compulsory? undecided
Am an unmarried man and I've got no problem in my life at d moment, but wen a married Frnd wanna tell me abt marriage he will say "my broda u need to marry, marriage is filled with challenges but u'll be a man and face it" and am like...."y d fork will I add challenges to my life cos of marriage"....makes no sense to me!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by gloriaunobi(f): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Marriage is never compulsory. As far as they don't point a gun to your head in order for you to get married undecided
He sound just like a baby. lol
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2016
Hahaha....childish Nigerian men everywhere cheesy
gloriaunobi:

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by olagift(f): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ifakiland:

Am an unmarried man and I've got no problem in my life at d moment, but wen a married Frnd wanna tell me abt marriage he will say "my broda u need to marry, marriage is filled with challenges but u'll be a man and face it" and am like...."y d fork will I add challenges to my life cos of marriage"....makes no sense to me!
You are very funny. Actually marriage is not compulsory. The main reasons for marriage are 1. Companionship 2. Procreation 3. Sexual relationship. But if you know you can do without those things, no need bothering yourself about marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
gloriaunobi:

Like seriously Dats all ur pretty brain has got to say Wat a shame...and sumbori's gonna marry you oo....I pity d dude already.
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
olagift:
You are very funny. Actually marriage is not compulsory. The main reasons for marriage are 1. Companionship 2. Procreation 3. Sexual relationship. But if you know you can do without those things, no need bothering yourself about marriage.
Thankz dear I love dos aspects of been married...its d challenges part am kinda scared of....now am unmarried I can decide to cook wateva I want, go out weneva I want....talk to whoeva I want etc....but with marriage all dat is gone forever....now I'll av to eat wateva she cooks, explain to her weneva am going out...intro her to whoever I meet....forking stressful
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by Ifakiland(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Hahaha....childish Nigerian men everywhere cheesy
U don't av sense...infact u can not av sense again sef....so no words for u. Go play with ur toys!
Re: Why Is It So Compulsory??? by babyfaceafrica: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Ifakiland:

U don't av sense...infact u can not av sense again sef....so no words for u. Go play with ur toys!
lol

(1) (Reply)

Married Men Come In...what Would You Do? / My Landlady Physically Assaulted- Lady Laments / Is The Black Race Intellectually Inferior To The Caucasian Race ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.