Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos (32299 Views)

Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) / Osinbajo Inspects Areas Affected By Flood In Makurdi, Visits IDP's Camp (Photos) / Community Submerged In Flood Along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2016
I don't know why Ayam laffing...

"Most of the residents were evacuated in an emergency boat"

emergency boat indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by success1smyn(m): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
youmour:
Global warming
Really
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by petersky: 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
They choose to worship ifa instead of almighty God and God is now punishing them , human parts sellers
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
I hope everyone there is safe, Amen.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by CuteTj(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
LorDBolton:
Ikorodu ain't spared @ all, same crap.

we have many useless govts in naija

This ish has been happening since time immemorial

Why can't the LASG GOVT build a dam here to absorb the excess water, if there's anything I've learnt reading about the Netherlands history it's that there's always engineering solution to every problem.
What is LASG GOVT business in this particular matter of discuss. I guess you did not read the entire story.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by IVORY2009(m): 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Okay

You still have not outgrown this syndrome of "first to comment/space booking" on all front page topics, "okay" "reading" etc

1 Like

Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by osibenaezekiel: 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
abike12:
I'm from Ogun and even me don tire for this negative publicity
Flood is not peculiar to Ogun state alone. Go to ketu,mile 12,owode and other parts of Lagos with even more flooded areas than this. And for you to say Ogun state is having bad publicity is very bad. You should be aware that that about four years ago relief materials was sent to people in the east and north affected by flood. None has been sent to Ogun state. How then do you think we are the worst of all?
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by smartistics(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
@abike12, am from Ogun as well.... Be proud of the state, negativity is everywhere sisterly
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by almigthy(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
may GOD help us amen.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Etizz: 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
trueking:
They need Moses.
I think Noah is more needed here.....
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by elmisti(m): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
Buh dey really shld look into dis dam water issue. ...can't dey release it with sense70k ....my area com be like marina
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by abike12(f): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
smartistics:
@abike12, am from Ogun as well.... Be proud of the state, negativity is everywhere sisterly

In between this and all the ritual killings. It is well sha
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Cool83(m): 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
vivalavida:
Ifo??
What a useless place. My PPA was in this local government during my NYSC in 2010.

They should all be watchful oo cuz i bet the flood will bring out those charms and body parts for rituals that Ogun people are known for on nairaland
Clap for yourself, this your level of reasoning is superb

1 Like

Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by abike12(f): 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
osibenaezekiel:
Flood is not peculiar to Ogun state alone. Go to ketu,mile 12,owode and other parts of Lagos with even more flooded areas than this. And for you to say Ogun state is having bad publicity is very bad. You should be aware that that about four years ago relief materials was sent to people in the east and north affected by flood. None has been sent to Ogun state. How then do you think we are the worst of all?

Egbon so ti binu ni? Abeg no vex cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
pls call d emergency guys to come mile12 ( Agiliti & maidan orile ) to help d needy.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by osibenaezekiel: 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2016
abike12:

Egbon so ti binu ni? Abeg no vex cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
At all ma. I can not be angry with my sister. We only have to do our best to promote our state and our country at large. Before you believe whatever anyone is saying about your place. Do a bit of research.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by yusscity(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
The release of excess water from Oyan river dam in Ogun State, affected some communities (Wawa, Kara and Warewa) in Ifo LGA of Ogun State. About 300 houses were submerged and about 860 households are affected. Most of the residents have evacuated from the affected areas. The residents were evacuated in boats by emergency officials. See photos below;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/residents-flee-in-boats-as-hundreds-of.html
Same thing is happening at owode,mile 12 n ketu in Lagos......everyone has fled home
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by arresa: 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
OP no Sabi the difference between flooding and submerge...

smh...
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Uricas(m): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
smartistics:
Yeah, there is negativity everywhere but Ogun state own is too much. There is hardly a week without any bad news from that state.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by edupedia: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
vivalavida:
Ifo??
What a useless place. My PPA was in this local government during my NYSC in 2010.

They should all be watchful oo cuz i bet the flood will bring out those charms and body parts for rituals that Ogun people are known for on nairaland

...na so the charms catch u so?...or una dey take too much stuff?...
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by osibenaezekiel: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
Uricas:

Yeah, there is negativity everywhere but Ogun state own is too much. There is hardly a week without any bad news from that state.
Can you proof it sir?
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Uricas(m): 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
osibenaezekiel:
Can you proof it sir?
lol. Don't you read news? This week alone is enough to back that.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by osibenaezekiel: 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
Uricas:

lol. Don't you read news? This week alone is enough to back that.
Maybe you will educate us well if you can come up with a chat. To tell us Ogun state is the most unsafe state in the country.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by akigbemaru: 12:04am On Oct 06, 2016
Residents evacuated!
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Uricas(m): 12:05am On Oct 06, 2016
osibenaezekiel:
Maybe you will educate us well if you can come up with a chat. To tell us Ogun state is the most unsafe state in the country.
Did I say anything about Ogun state being unsafe...? All I'm saying is that Ogun state bad publicity is too much.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:08am On Oct 06, 2016
A radio presenter called d commissioner of environment there. The man said residents were warned earlier and nothing can be done about d situation
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by juman(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2016
This is good.
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by blackjah(m): 12:48am On Oct 06, 2016
hahahaha grin
menix:
Ogun state is so developed that they build houses inside water...

Congrats ndi Ofe Mmanu..

1 Like

Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by Blue3k(m): 2:00am On Oct 06, 2016
YourNemesis:
When people will not stop building close to river channels.
It is obvious all those houses were built in the river bed.

Just look at this:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4319878_famii6_jpg7012206ca1e0f60817f24f5b48cd321b

Aren't there zoning laws in the state that would not allow that or add extra requirements maybe?
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:08am On Oct 06, 2016
no wonder people kill crocodile and post it on internet nowadays
Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by LorDBolton(m): 3:04am On Oct 06, 2016
CuteTj:

What is LASG GOVT business in this particular matter of discuss. I guess you did not read the entire story.

I'll spare your own error of judgment cos many people here tend to do so.(comment without reading the main story)

Ikorodu (lagos) shares a border with ogun state (shagamu I believe). Also it was agreed (I heard) that the dam will be opened every 3years (last time I've experienced dis was in 2014 tho I heard it's a usual occurrence so we here were expecting next year thus making preps for my filling to cushion the effect)

Presently my part of ikd down to parts of owode are flooded & It's been almost a month now (I pity short people in this case) and it's as a result of that dam opening with the river also flowing into lag.

Hope u now understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses Submerged By Flood In Ifo, Ogun State - Photos by LorDBolton(m): 3:31am On Oct 06, 2016
YourNemesis:
When people will not stop building close to river channels.
It is obvious all those houses were built in the river bed.

Just look at this:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4319878_famii6_jpg7012206ca1e0f60817f24f5b48cd321b

To be honest this your post is fraught with ignorance...

These lands are as dry as you can imagine during dry season/rainy season, it's the dam opening that's causing havoc thus it's govt who errs by not dredging the canals and building steep pavements.

The houses in my area are @least 3/5 from the canals thus no single blockage it's all a result of opening a dam not rains.

Everywhere around the world FLOOD happens recently southern Australia was flooded badly(google it) even down to the main highways (in a planned place like Australia o). So maybe they should all desert southern Australia? Its already progressed past many towns

So Stop being ignorant.(even mentioning sea bed like u know what SEA BED means)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Abu Ibrahim Escapes Lynching In Kaduna (Photos) / There Is Nothing New In This Fabricated Bribery Claim, Jonathan Tells FG / Oluwatosin Ojaomo Sues Hanan Buhari For Using Presidential Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.