Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun (26441 Views)

Shehu Sani Lists 10 Factors Blocking Nigeria’s Progress, Unity / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ephi123(f): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
A begger has no choice... whrn you run around begging people for money in form of free donations or even loans, then the people have a right to dictate to you what you do with the money they want to give to you. I'm sure you are aware Nigeria is frantically looking for where to get loans from?

But the government claims to be recovering monies left and right, TSA, looted funds, so why not use that?
Besides they could approach private investors rather than governments - but considering how they've wrecked the business environment I won't blame any private investor who holds back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Mayflowa(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

Science has a standard for everything.
To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

#SackKemiNow

You should google and check the nature of power generation leading countries in the world use. There are now cleaner coal generation. If we had the technology, who will stop us. It is because we are contracting it to them.

Them world couldn't even stop north Korea from producing nuclear bomb and missile. They couldn't stop Russia from taking Crimea from Ukraine. Be aware there are world politics. And a program to underdevelop Africa

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by anonimi: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
A begger has no choice... whrn you run around begging people for money in form of free donations or even loans, then the people have a right to dictate to you what you do with the money they want to give to you. I'm sure you are aware Nigeria is frantically looking for where to get loans from?

Instead of looking for loans despite their announced loot recoveries, why not reduce government spending?
Why is this so difficult?
Must we, as a nation, be beggars forever ni?

Guseh:
Member representing Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu federal constituency in Kogi state, Honorable , Paul Teejay Yusuf(PDP) published his monthly allowance.... about #10.58 million naira monthly
=about #127,000,000 annually.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4318194_20161005104439_jpeg2984401d02667f387de8dc321ccabe22

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4318196_20161005104453_jpeg05a3dad143582410ed72dbda2ca99f84

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1191222330952498&id=100001942288844&refid

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by eyeview: 8:38am On Oct 06, 2016
csamii:
Are we blaming western powers now? I think we just took a step forward in the blaming game.
I gave up when the APC leadership on exhausting all blamable persons turned around and blamed God for Nigeria's economic woes.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Okeikpu(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2016
Formal night club dancer as our finance minister
At ds modern time she's talking abt coal..... grin

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by adonis89(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
I keep saying it. Africa can never advance until we cut all ties with the white man.
The white is to blame for all Africa problems.

Blame game it may be, but it is a simple truth.

Kemi is one of my top 2 favourite ministers. She is courageous to say truth even if you means being critical of the Western countries. This is first time she made such comments.

PMB made a great decision in appointing her to the Finance ministry.
are u for real? So d white is to blame for all Africa problems? But ur supporting d fraud(Nigeria) which d white created. If DAT is not stupidity, then I don't know wat DAT is

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 8:39am On Oct 06, 2016
[s]
obailala:
You need to direct you criticism rationally. First of all, I do not think it is the finance minister who decides on the kind of power plants to build.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with using coal to generate electricity. Forget all the bulls**t about the environment, coal still provides 40% of world energy till date and the biggest developed and industralised countries are the biggest users of coal. The US gets over 40% of its power from coal, china gets over 75% of its power from coal, I can't remember the statistic from Germany but if I'm right, the Germans are currently building a very massive new coal plant as we speak.

As a nation, just like a child, we must first learn to crawl and then walk, before we start thinking of running. Renewables (wind, solar etc) are far far more expensive that the traditional ways. Nigeria is presently in darkness, we still use kerosene lanterns in our homes and have tens of millions of tiny generators which emit 10,000 times more dangerous pollitants than whatever a coal plant can emit. This is just common sense, we must first walk before we start thinking of how to run. Even the industralised and developed who have all the money are not yet leaving coal power even for the next 50 years, yet you want a crippled child to jump and run faster.
[/s]

You are not serious for putting off the effect of co2 in our atmosphere.

As far as technology is concerned standards are sacrosanct....

A coal power plant this moment will be very harmful to our space and the world at large...

Nigeria should try and invest in the power sector not this lip service of finding who to blame..

So which should start blaming the Westerners BC we have no power, is that how it should be now?

That's rubbish, nobody should take kemi serious and the minister of power should sway in and inject money into the sector for a workable efficient source of energy....

Finish

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by NPComplete: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

Science has a standard for everything.
To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

#SackKemiNow

No wonder the east is backwards
If thoughtless people like u are their activists then u guys are hopeless. Better go and do ur research. Other countries use coal power. Even western countries have a lot of coal power plants. China and India use coal too. And they are richer than Nigeria. Undereducated people like u who know nothing about renewable energy are here waxing lyrical about science and knowledge.
The points Adeosun made are very valid. I wonder why Buhari went to sign the Paris pact without thinking of that though.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by drss(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
EternalTruths:
This Yoruba woman and her stupid talks.

Western powers can't stop Nigeria from using coal.

What they can only do is to refused to help Nigerians build a Coal powered electricity plant.

But if Nigeria can build it, the Western Nations can't do jack about it.

Therefore she should stop blaming Western Nations for Nigerians technological backwardness.

A useless nation who refused to tap into Biafra's technological advancements after the war because of fear that the Igbos will use that opportunity to develop technologies that will help them to secede.

SuperS1Panther fr3do muri4mig DelGardo Blue3k Sibrah
Genbuhari

For you people I quoted, stop defending this woman out of ethnic sentiment

Nigeria can generate electricity from the following sources

Biogas(Gas from animal and human wastes)
Gas
Sun
Hydro
Wind
Biofuel( Fuel from green grasses)
Plastic Fuel ( Fuel from plastic wastes)

Coal is not a clean source of energy though it is good when converted to industrial chemicals

if only Nigeria will acknowledge the technological prowess of the Igbo nation and support them to develop electricity technologies just the way Ojukwu supported them in the last war
u just expressed one of my point. d incompetence of dis govt is too much.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Mayflowa:

You should google and check the nature of power generation leading countries in the world use. There are now cleaner coal generation. If we had the technology, who will stop us. It is because we are contracting it to them.

Them world couldn't even stop north Korea from producing nuclear bomb and missile. They couldn't stop Russia from taking Crimea from Ukraine. Be aware there are world politics. And a program to underdevelop Africa

If there are cleaner coal generation technique put it forward not mere speculation.

Nigeria can not manage the adverse effects of using coal as a source of energy. Besides do you know buhari signed a climate treaty in Paris which is against such moves?

You see how the Westerners could stop us BC of foolishness of Nigeria president. So blame the president not the Westerners also blame kemi for not being news savy

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by dreams77: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
muri4mig:

Typical of a wailer. Let me point it out for you should in case you failed to comprehend where she pointed out that solar and wind are more expensive. For efficiency and a level playing purpose, it makes sense to look at coal since it is cheaper than the others. Next time read before commenting to save your wailing energy.
Okay zombie, she said coal, they said no! What's d way forward? You don't know! Solar and wind is expensive but Nigeria has d money so what exactly is her point or better still your point?

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Okeikpu(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
I thought it was GEJ grin

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by delerx(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2016
Gej was our problem, bauri is our problem, western powers our problem. The devil sef na our problem. Man pikin don tire ooo

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Okeikpu(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2016
I thought it was GEJ grin
Blame game don change ground grin

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2016
NPComplete:

No wonder the east is backwards

Sorry sire I want to ask you.

Using renewable energy like nigeria is using now and using non renewable energy which one is backwards...?
Who is taking us backwards?
Answer and satisfy your conscience.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2016
Wanted to drop a well thought out comment then realized "what the _fuck, who reads and works on Nairaland recommendations anyway?".

It's obvious there is no communication amongst levels in the government if the minister was taken by surprise following the signing of the climate change agreement. Being part of the APC party she has done her fair part in blaming others for the administration's steady incompetence.
Another question to ask is, if Nigeria had coal all these years what stopped the country from using it to power the national grid? Why consider the option now when the world decides to go green? Excuses, excuses, them no dey tire for excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2016
dapsonlou:

All the Major Power plants In America are fueled by Coal. So they should also shut theirs down since its bad.

Lies.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Opharhe: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2016
DelGardo:

You, my friend, are so ignorant.

Follow this link to see that about 40% of world energy is fuelled by coal including the US:

http://www.tsp-data-portal.org/Breakdown-of-Electricity-Generation-by-Energy-Source#tspQvChart

Even though stronger regulations apply in the US and EU they are still increasing/maintaining capacity while exploring renewables. China is still building at least 2 new coal power plants a week:

http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/2016/07/13/china-keeps-building-coal-plants-despite-new-overcapacity-policy/

The world is also moving towards electric cars, do you have one? Even if you do how many have u seen on Nigerian roads?

Stay there dey follow Kemi wey no know u dey quarrel.
grin

But why then did Buhari sign the Paris agreement? He ought not to have done that since they were plans to utilize coal or other non-green sources for power.

Isn't that contradiction?

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by orunto27: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2016
And the E.U. wants Nigeria to devalue further? Somewhere somehow there's some Conspiracies lurking in dark places.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Demoney5050(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2016
you people that were bleming buari and adeosun are foolish. your party rule for almost 16yr no stable power and you're run your mouth just like when you are run your party

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2016
I have always say dat the Western powers don't like us.... they succeeded and they didn't want us to succeed
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by NPComplete: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Sorry sire I want to ask you.

Using renewable energy like nigeria is using now and using non renewable energy which one is backwards...?
Who is taking us backwards?
Answer and satisfy your conscience.

Renewable energy is not without its drawbacks. I work in the energy industry so I am telling u from a position of authority. Renewable energy hasn't gotten to a point that will meet our industrialisation needs yet. Go and do ur research
U can't pay the 28 naira u are being charged per kWh gotten from gas now, is it when we introduce a larger bill with more expensive source of power like wind and solar that u guys can afford it?
If China toed every command laid down by the West do u think they will get to where they are today? Even India refused to sign the Paris pact for the same reason. Are u smarter than them?
Guy dey reason before u attack. Think critically before voicing ur opinion on issues.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by metallisc(m): 8:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Blue3k:

Coal is cheap and efficient for the cost. Most modern smoke stacks only allow CO2 and water vapor out with trace elements of other pollutants. China does it and lots of nations still run most of their energy on it. When country get richer they can opt more for alternative energies that less efficient per kilowatt.

Besides these alternative energies aren't always producing. Sun not always shining, clowds and batter storage capacity. Hydro great but alot energy has to be kicked back to Niger and Benin republic so they don't block dams. Wind not always blowing.

Coal and Gas would be best options for us. Others renewables can be used aswell. I'm energy adnostic so I don't care too much.

you are the same with the people you are trying to justify their backward and obsolete reasoning. The countries that are still running coal powered plants, did you check when they were built or just googling random stuff and coming to spew trash to appear intelligent? Have you seen any country with new power plants that is coal or other fossil fuel based? Stop sounding daft and do some proper research and reading.
How can a finance minister - that has no idea what she is doing in the finance sector yet - be talking about energy related issues she has no basic knowledge of? Check all the other african countries - from rwanda to south africa and algeria - tht are boosting their energy output, they are all focused on renewable and green energy because they are thinking about the future... and some dumb and daft supposed minister in 2016 is talking about coal.. are you fuckingg serious right now?!

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by delerx(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2016
Definitely this guy is competent in his field. He just proved a point.som people should do research b4 commenting nd don't make a fool of urself without basic knowledge on that field
Blue3k:

Coal is cheap and efficient for the cost. Most modern smoke stacks only allow CO2 and water vapor out with trace elements of other pollutants. China does it and lots of nations still run most of their energy on it. When country get richer they can opt more for alternative energies that less efficient per kilowatt.

Besides these alternative energies aren't always producing. Sun not always shining, clowds and batter storage capacity. Hydro great but alot energy has to be kicked back to Niger and Benin republic so they don't block dams. Wind not always blowing.

Coal and Gas would be best options for us. Others renewables can be used aswell. I'm energy adnostic so I don't care too much.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by obailala(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
[s][/s]

You are not serious for putting off the effect of co2 in our atmosphere.

As far as technology is concerned standards are sacrosanct....

A coal power plant this moment will be very harmful to our space and the world at large...

Nigeria should try and invest in the power sector not this lip service of finding who to blame..

So which should start blaming the Westerners BC we have no power, is that how it should be now?

That's rubbish, nobody should take kemi serious and the minister of power should sway in and inject money into the sector for a workable efficient source of energy....

Finish
You say Nigeria should invest in the power sector and not make excuses, Nigeria intends to harness coal energy but doesnt have the money and can't get funding (loans) cos some hypocritical countries who use coal for half of their power generation think it is unclean for Nigeria to do same. Such is the situation but you choose to take sides against your country because you hate the president and his ministers?

Sorry but I think you are just a directionless wailer who is just out to criticise for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2016
NPComplete:

Renewable energy is not without its drawbacks. I work in the energy industry so I am telling u from a position of authority. Renewable energy hasn't gotten to a point that will meet our industrialisation needs yet. Go and do ur research
U can't pay the 28 naira u are being charged per kWh gotten from gas now, is it when we introduce a larger bill with more expensive source of power like wind and solar that u guys can afford it?
If China toed every command laid down by the West do u think they will get to where they are today? Even India refused to sign the Paris pact for the same reason. Are u smarter than them?
Guy dey reason before u attack. Think critically before voicing ur opinion on issues.

You don't need to go far, even in some African countries that Nigeria are better than generate more electricity than Nigeria and they are using renewable energy..

Enough of all this nonsense.
We should be moving forward not backward...
Assuming she is talking of a nuclear energy I would have understood it but coal... damn is backward for a 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Sibrah: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2016
drss:
u just expressed one of my point. d incompetence of dis govt is too much.
can Nigeria build coal plant on her own without western support? I hate bigotted reasoning.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Dshocker(m): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2016
basilo101:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/western-powers-blocking-nigerias-power-solution-adeosun/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Apart from Nigerian's oil,we still have agriculture and more than 10 natural resources deposited beneath us that can make the world jealous,cos we amongst the top 3 richest in the world... As far as am concerned,i don't know or understand what she is saying.

Infact being factual;am in support of the westerners decision,considering the fact that the world is trying everything possible to go green.....There is global warming,due to the high rate of carbon emission into the atmosphere & if not contained,the ozone layer keeps damaging.

[size=25pt]Building a coal power plant in this 21st century is a no no[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2016
[size=16pt]But our president is one of those bandying around with the climate change nonsense. How could these Africans not see that this is the agenda? sm(big)h[/size]

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by dragunov: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2016
Cutehector:
All the gas that Nigeria is flaring, where is it? Iffa woze this woman slap now. We have over 180TCF gas reserves but it's coal that she wants to use eh. Can u imagine illiteracy..
Have you not heard that your phucking criminal brothers have been blowing gas installations up?

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by neocortex: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2016
I don't understand, didn't Buhari just signed the climate deal ?

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
You say Nigeria should invest in the power sector and not make excuses, Nigeria intends to harness coal energy but doesnt have the money and can't get funding (loans) cos some hypocritical countries who use coal for half of their power generation think it is unclean for Nigeria to do same. Such is the situation but you choose to take sides against your country because you hate the president and his ministers?

Sorry but I think you are just a directionless wailer who is just out to criticise for the sake of it.

Your reasoning has shot you at the leg, now I know you are rational and talking with sentiments BC buhari ministers that are being criticised for incompetence are from your kinsmen.

Now I dismiss you and thanks for letting me know that I was wasting my time with a zombie.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina / 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. / Erosion Close To Kogi Bus Terminal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.