Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,065 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun (26721 Views)

Shehu Sani Lists 10 Factors Blocking Nigeria’s Progress, Unity / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wow! an insightful thread. Reading from some individuals with intelligent arguments.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wow!! An insightful thread. Reading from individuals with intelligent arguments. Some Nigerian youths are very intelligent. I love Nigeria.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by gemale(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
You got this history you wrote from history books abi?

Who wrote the history books? The white man!

If Hitler had won the second world war, he would have written that period of history.
Do you think the genocide against the Jews would be represented truthly in history books written by Hitler?
The deaths of Jews may have been blamed on the Jews themselves.
since u said d white man lied I those history books, which 1s r d truthful documentation of d events dt occurred in our continent b4 d coming of d white man? myths & legends dnt count (only a fool wld blv @ ds age & tym wld blv dt oduduwa descended 4rm d sky wt a horn of earth, a chicken & a grain of corn). Oral tradition is also nt reliable. So pls wt solid evidence do u hv 2 tender dt d white man lied & distorted history? None. U r just white washing d truth because it isn't in ur favour.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Sire, this is old now...

Next time go for the latest update.
Coal is being phased out in US from 43% or there about in 2014 to this. Check the pic below
based on the two charts it can be deduced that as coal usage reduced so was renewable sources. Meanwhile gas usage almost doubled. I want you to understand is that what drives energy usage in the US is cost and not environment as they want us to believe. I am not against green energy sources but I believe that a country like ours with very little environmental impact compared to US and China should not be blocked from exploring every energy source we can. Coal in Enugu and Jos should not be allowed to waste away while our people sleep in darkness. If we are struggling to build gas, coal, and hydropower plants what is the common sense in trying to invest into solar that cost over four times more. I don't have problem with renewable sources but obviously a country like ours cannot prioritize it. I will like you to also post coal data for China, India and maybe brazil
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Greatfuture: 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
Is she now the power minister?why not face the economy and the country finance
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nalikedis:
based on the two charts it can be deduced that as coal usage reduced so was renewable sources. Meanwhile gas usage almost doubled. I want you to understand is that what drives energy usage in the US is cost and not environment as they want us to believe. I am not against green energy sources but I believe that a country like ours with very little environmental impact compared to US and China should not be blocked from exploring every energy source we can. Coal in Enugu and Jos should not be allowed to waste away while our people sleep in darkness. If we are struggling to build gas, coal, and hydropower plants what is the common sense in trying to invest into solar that cost over four times more. I don't have problem with renewable sources but obviously a country like ours cannot prioritize it. I will like you to also post coal data for China, India and maybe brazil

In as much as i hate contributing better ideas to this clueless govt, i will just do it once bc of our heated argument. Natural gas is the way out bro no two ways about it. Finish.

As for those country data you need, I don't have that time, if you need it go and get it.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by xnsandrxns: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
The problem is a centralized power distribution
Let's break things down
Let each state or region generate its power
A centralized power project will unfortunately fail because of the make up of the country
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

In as much as i hate contributing better ideas to this clueless govt, i will just do it once bc of our heated argument. Natural gas is the way out bro no two ways about it. Finish.

As for those country data you need, I don't have that time, if you need it go and get it.
agreed but with the prevalent situation vis-a-vis Niger delta issue investment into gas plants is not a stellar idea... in fact most of our new plants are gas turbines with generating capacity close to 10k but limited gas to power them. US use more gas since 2015 because of the dip in price of gas in world market. Moreover, gas too is unsustainable and not so environmental friendly
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheEastActivist: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nalikedis:
agreed but with the prevalent situation vis-a-vis Niger delta issue investment into gas plants is not a stellar idea... in fact most of our new plants are gas turbines with generating capacity close to 10k but limited gas to power them. US use more gas since 2015 because of the dip in price of gas in world market. Moreover, gas too is unsustainable and not so environmental friendly

Sire I can't believe you gonna say something lame like this.
I won't go further suit yourself.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
British accent is never an indication of competency, rather, it is a sign of failure. If you doubt it you can ask

Kemi Adeosu.

Our Mother Africa: Okonjo Iweala was African to the core, so she know how to handle the economy of the most

populous black nation. Not this British whitewash, race confuse incompetent buffoon that has created many new

problems and compounded the existing ones.

To defend her daff, all she could offer a decaying economy was "recession is just a word"

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 07, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

You are a drunk.

Who depleted Ozone layer if not Europe and US?

WTF?? are you kidding me? Europe and America depleted all our ozone layer? wow even that here in Africa? wow

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by lexiyandra(f): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2016
Nobody forced dullardeen buhari to sign the paris agreement. How can you sign a green agreement and want to use fossil fuel tht i damaging to the environment

muri4mig:

Typical of a wailer. Let me point it out for you should in case you failed to comprehend where she pointed out that solar and wind are more expensive. For efficiency and a level playing purpose, it makes sense to look at coal since it is cheaper than the others. Next time read before commenting to save your wailing energy.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by dapsonlou(m): 11:51pm On Oct 07, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Lies.

You better Google each state and find out. Power plants In America are corporate own. 60% of it is Coal power plants
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Icon79(m): 12:28am On Oct 08, 2016
I am definitely not Kemi Adeosun's biggest fan but she's 100% correct on this one. Even here in the United States, many power plants are still being powered by coal; so why would they stop us from using coal to power our electricity?

The whole global warming hoopla is just a scheme by the Illuminati and the New World Order to bring about a worldwide famine. Yes, the environment is getting warmer but that has little to do with human activities. Global warming is a natural phenomenon and the contributing factors are mostly natural - volcanic eruptions, desert storm surges, flower pollution etc.

In addition, if they are really interested in fighting global warming, they should stop dropping all those bombs everywhere. Do you know how much pollution a 20 tonne bomb creates? But they would be more interested in making sure they stop me from driving my SUV, whereas those rich folks don't have problem driving their private jets. They would advise you to ride bikes to work but they don't have any problems sponsoring NASCARS for sport.

Bizarre people shocked angry
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by laudate: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

Science has a standard for everything.
To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

She is advocating the use of coal, ke? shocked In this 21st century, when more and more countries are turning to gas to generate power, or solar, wind and hydro sources to generate electricity? shocked

Does she know the consequences/impact of the environmental problems and health challenges that the use of coal will have on our citizens, if we decide to use it to generate electricity? Especially now, that our public hospitals are nothing to write home about? Na who dey advise this girl, sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[BREAKING] INEC States General Elections Dates For The Next 36 Years / Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me / Alleged Flouting Of Court Order: We Are Copying The FG - TUC President, Osifo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.