Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? (13700 Views)

I’m One With The Code, The Code Is With Me. / How Many Lines Of Code Run Nairaland? / QUIZ: How Many Lines Of Code Can You Use To Reverse A List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by asalimpo(m): 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
seunthomas:

Right now am shaking my head for you.

Let me use some very provocative logic, maybe you can reason a little. LOL

Are you a dullard??

Can you prove that you are not cos it does not add up.

LOL.

Anyway by the side, the banking applications you use, mobile banking etc. Core banking applications, many telecoms applications.

Most of this applications have millions of lines of code.

You are probably still a learner, cos i use erlang OTP too.

Its less declarative compared to java (most functional languages are less declarative).

If you have not written much code or you dont want to post how many was your lines you had in your longest work, then GET off my thread and stop making a nuisance of yourself.
angry

We want to inspire others and not argue senseless.

So please prove you are not a dullard. Am waiting.....

Olodo JJC.

hmmm.....
interesting..
I can see that nothing logical will ensue at this point so i gats to leave you alone.

But think about it.
Your 100k+ lines of code sounds (and is probably/highly likely ) fishy.

if you did it in 8 months as u claim,
how long did the testing take.
the architecting or was it hack as you go.
etc
Then the testing etc

And this was your first large real project.
When you were done, the first thought on the non-programmer client mind was "great, now lets count it-manually" . Remember if the final code was 100k+ lines, the actual output after refactoring could be twice that!!
Lets recap:
facebook was about 10k , lets exaggerate and say it was 20k, initially, and it was concerted work written over months.
youtube was about 10k, written over 3 months.
couchdb was about 20k, written over some months.
emacs was written over i think 5 months, i think its original code size was btw 30-50k. not sure.
so based on this estimates, a 100k+ could take longer.
but if done in less time,it means you put in looong hours. then after that, you and your boss, got giddy
and all your boss wanted to do was "count code"!. c'mon dude. clean your head.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by FrankLampard: 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
seunthomas:

On my thread. Be careful ohh..
angry

Embrace peace.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
asalimpo:

hmmm.....
interesting..
I can see that nothing logical will ensue at this point so i gats to leave you alone.

But think about it.
Your 100k+ lines of code sounds (and is probably/highly likely ) fishy.

if you did it in 8 months as u claim,
how long did the testing take.
the architecting or was it hack as you go.
etc
Then the testing etc

And this was your first large real project.
When you were done, the first thought on the non-programmer client mind was "great, now lets count it-manually" . Remember if the final code was 100k+ lines, the actual output after refactoring could be twice that!!
Lets recap:
facebook was about 10k , lets exaggerate and say it was 20k, initially, and it was concerted work written over months.
youtube was about 10k, written over 3 months.
couchdb was about 20k, written over some months.
emacs was written over i think 5 months, i think its original code size was btw 30-50k. not sure.
so based on this estimates, a 100k+ could take longer.
but if done in less time,it means you put in looong hours. then after that, you and your boss, got giddy
and all your boss wanted to do was "count code"!. c'mon dude. clean your head.

You a drowning man sense is senselessness.

It was not my boss. It was a client. Try to pay attention to details.

No wonder people fail exams and blame their ancestors.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by asalimpo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
I'm not saying if facebook took x months and contained 10k lines that you must produce same.
But you can get a general idea of how much code a single programmer can produce, by surveying other professional motivated hardworking intense coders too.
Of course they'll always be exceptions. But eventually, there's only so much a single person can do.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
FrankLampard:

Embrace peace.
If i embrace that guy me and him will land at the bottom of the ocean na.

You are free to do so at your own peril sha.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by asalimpo(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
seunthomas:

You a drowning man sense is senselessness.

It was not my boss. It was a client. Try to pay attention to details.

No wonder people fail exams and blame their ancestors.

Non programming client wanted to count code with you-manually!!
He had nothing else to do!
And he patiently waited, held the calculator (or used his phone calculator) to compute while you patiently clicked through 100+ files, scrolled down, peered at the line number and reported it to him.

Who looks the clown here! us or you.

When you were on the 25th file , didnt it hit you both to automate it?
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
asalimpo:

Non programming client wanted to count code with you-manually!!
He had nothing else to do!
And he patiently waited, held the calculator (or used his phone calculator) to compute while you patiently clicked through 100+ files, scrolled down, peered at the line number and reported it to him.

Who looks the clown here! us or you.

When you were on the 25th file , didnt it hit you both to automate it?

You are still making "Assumptions". I never said a "Non programming client".

How do you write code self if you cant see details and make deducible reasoning ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMN-pjcchrE

Shaking my head and laughing in chinese right now.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by asalimpo(m): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
So your client was a former elite programmer? is that the new plot twist grin
or were you two pair programming but i didnt see where you mention it because i was too carried away with my "assumptions".
Like i said, a little exaggeration drew more people to participate in the thread who wouldnt have. So, maybe,
you should try your hand on marketing. you were good.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by asalimpo(m): 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
FincoApps:

You might be wrong....

It's not as difficult as you make it seem...

Poor architecture can also increase lines of code.... so the programmer does not necessarily need to spend months planning

Secondly, you make it sound like the programmer knows how many lines of code he's about to write before even embarking on the project

My point is: It's possible to write that much code without even too much planning or testing (Although 100K lines is a lot). I've done A LOT of unplanned projects so I know

Your getting me wrong. I'm not saying it's difficult or scary. If you can write 1000 lines you can write 100k-eventually,
but i'm assuming you're trying to produce a professional product: modular, extensible, easy to maintain, readable,well tested, and robust.
producing 100k+ of decent critical business software in a couple of months is a stretch, given productivity of other developers - i.e y i brought up examples of facebook , youtube etc.
Sitting down after, seemingly overextending yourself for months, to count code - manually - at the suggestion of a possibly non-programming client, makes the story even more improbable.
It's little things like these that makes people raise their brows. Eventually , you may find the stories are usually not as authentic as they were made to sound. usually made-up.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by 2mNaira: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
asalimpo:

Bros, your story still doesnt add up. It smells fishy and i aint afraid to tell you so.
Architecting, then coding, then debugging a very large application takes a freaking long time.
if you worked so long and under intense duress for so long, the client would be in a rush to use his software
not sit down with you, and count the lines using of all methods a tedious method.
Non programmers hav very little interest in code . It's like children who dont like maths seeing maths, it scare them . So this clients interest in counting code lines ... hmmm.

let me give you som info of lines of code:
couchdb- was 20k lines of terse erlang code. It was a game changer
I was reading a blog once by a programmer who wrote an application with 100k lines of code,it took him 10yrs!!
youtube and facebook - yeah, the global phenomenoms. With all the intense grinding work of the founders
were about 10k lines of code at launch!! - think of it.
Facebook - zuckerberg resigned to concentrate full time on building facebook.
with 3 or so other coders and it hand only about 10k lines!!!
Dude.

When you add testing!!! Testing 100k lines of code alone could take you months or more.
Testing every function ...
infact by the time you're pushing out 100k lines of code, you'd hav spawned so many frameworks and libraries from the effort.

Then architecting, remember you can't just hack 100k+ . it must be architected like a professional.
The architectural phase alone would take months.
The testing will take months.
The building will take a few minutes or even up to half an hour.

Doing all these in a few months -- hmm!! It looks exaggerated.
Dude,think again. But i could be wrong.

I guess these your post refers to me too indirectly.

The project I am referring to is actually an ongoing project that I have temporarily stopped work on because of issues with the develooment pc.I am working on retrieving my files and cintinuing the project on another pc.At the monent the files are trapped in the development PC.

By December this year I would have spent 3 yrs on the project.
If not for the current challenge I was hoping to finish this year.

It is a commercial app that I hope to introduce to d market once completed.

Is developed based on an idea of mine.

It is being written written in C/C++ using MFC.

The apps have over 100 dll with each dll containg several functions.

That particular visual studio solution takes relatively longer time to load compared to other solutions in that pc.

I never really counted the number of lines, only that while debugging I often step into a the code and the debugger shows line number as I debug.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by aliumujib(m): 6:23am On Oct 13, 2016
mnairaland:

I guess these your post refers to me too indirectly.

The project I am referring to is actually an ongoing project that I have temporarily stopped work on because of issues with the develooment pc.I am working on retrieving my files and cintinuing the project on another pc.At the monent the files are trapped in the development PC.

By December this year I would have spent 3 yrs on the project.
If not for the current challenge I was hoping to finish this year.

It is a commercial app that I hope to introduce to d market once completed.

Is developed based on an idea of mine.

It is being written written in C/C++ using MFC.

The apps have over 100 dll with each dll containg several functions.

That particular visual studio solution takes relatively longer time to load compared to other solutions in that pc.

I never really counted the number of lines, only that while debugging I often step into a the code and the debugger shows line number as I debug.
In support of your reply, the counted lines might also include files that were automatically generated by IDE, and the client himself might be a programmer
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Sibrah: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2016
seunthomas:
This thread is just for fun.

I want to know how many lines of code you have written so far in one project.

Please dont share works that were combined effort.

I was involved in a project which lasted many months.

At the end of the project we (me and client) just jokingly decided to count the number of codes by looking at the line number on each page.

We discovered it was over 100k lines.

So fire away.

Please be proud if you have even done 20 lines.

Its not easy to pour 10 lines from your end not to talk of 20.
You guys never share the kind of projects. Always 'bragadoing'
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nmeri17: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Egba mi o! What am I seeing 100000 lines...150000 lines shocked Oma se o! Na assembly language abi 1933 binary computing calculation code una write reach 3000 lines Omo mi o! Abi you use 8 lines for indentation and 4 lines for comments. Abeg! This level of fraud can even give person HIV ACE.
Before coming here to tell me I'm a novice still celebrating 9 lines of JavaScript code to output only even numbers, you people should post what project you were working on ALONE that warranted that amount of authorship Let me kuku know that I'm sharing the same forum with people writing their own personal operating systems. That other backyard charge and bail web developer said he built steganography application unassisted by neither god nor man nor even foreign library. Issorait... I just wonder what tf the others built...oceanography sacrumography

I know nobody will reply this post since it's my word against a bunch of programming demigods but to every other web app developer out there with tiny files housing 200-350 lines, just know you're perfectly normal. As for the desktop dudes, I think there should be a distinction in this context since those languages bloat code bases with those annoying type-hinting for their useless strong typing paradigm. Plus most of you will drop the opening bracket on a separate line and continue the code block proper on a new line. I don't think you people should brag and lift your shoulders above your head over lines of code 'cos the actual core of whatever your target software needs would be between 10 and 15 lines grin grin

But on a more serious note, Make una fear God small naa embarassed cry cry cry sad

Mow-defied kiss
Sibrah:
Is like another brother is in spirit. Ooooo...somebody shout Hallelujah smiley wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nmeri17: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
seunthomas:

We want to inspire others ...
Inspire other ambitious schemers with minuscule self esteem who won't mind blatantly posting lies on random forums just to belong to the imaginary big boys crew that have written applications spanning over 150,000 lines of code? edakun!!

The other day I was following you upandan, imploring you to mercy and just show me one online deposit of your codes. So you get 150000 lines of hand written code and there is no single place online where you offer assistance or can boast of 10 lines to show for it. No Git repo, no community know you.

I just dey wonder, we get these developers with 150000 lines of code for this nairaland and the programming section is not bubbling or even thriving. I for say the people from oga Seun's village seriously carry im matter for head but na that kain yabis dey warrant 243 years ban in perpetuity grin grin. How can Everyday I come here, everywhere is messed up with dumbtards adding other dumbtards to random whatsapp groups, another set na the HR and employment gang wey dey always come to post job offers with two blokos as requirement and no price tag. Whereas people with 150000 codebase dey sad Mbok egbon Seun needs our prayers!

3 Likes

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
People just dey lie anyhow for this thread. If you are writing 100000 lines of codes, plenty things are involved:
1. Your codes are not optimized, you are probably using 20 lines for what can be done with 1 line.
2. You copied and pasted many codes from somewhere else.
3. You are using procedural where you are meant to use OOP approach.
4. You are repeating the same codes unnecessarily in several places.
5. Most of the codes are generated by maybe a compiler
6. You are counting codes from libraries or resources you copy and pasted.

But if you are trying to tell me you wrote those lines of your code yourself INSIDE A SINGLE FILE? maka why? why you come dey lie like this now?

2 Likes

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by DharkPoet(m): 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
Nmeri17 has said it all. I'm a novice, but the sort of segregation that goes on, in this place, is quite bemusing. It was on this same forum that someone said 'If you write a program that just does database calls and retrievals, that you're not a programmer'. I mean how would novices thrive? With all the constant bickering and braggadocio stunts? Goes back to writing my 12 lines of codes for database connection. I'm not a programmer. At least by una standards.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 14, 2016
^^^dont mind those people, they are worse than TROLLS.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 7:17am On Oct 14, 2016
DharkPoet:
Nmeri17 has said it all. I'm a novice, but the sort of segregation that goes on, in this place, is quite bemusing. It was on this same forum that someone said 'If you write a program that just does database calls and retrievals, that you're not a programmer'. I mean how would novices thrive? With all the constant bickering and braggadocio stunts? Goes back to writing my 12 lines of codes for database connection. I'm not a programmer. At least by una standards.

Maybe you should not cower under the pressure of self pity but strive to be like the people you call "braggadocio".

Everyone started like you, they also had their own pressures from others but they came out well.

Stop pitying for yourself and go beyond your 12 lines. You have just 99988 lines more...

And just ignore guys like @dhtml18, they will make you comfortable with your little.

If you dont work hard under pressure, you are in the wrong profession.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2016
Sibrah:

If we share details of the project, how dat one epp you??

Abi you wan thief person code like somebody we know (@dhtml18) ??
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2016
^^^^Hey, i might have to challenge you once again to match up your work against mine = REAL WORK THIS TIME, AND WE SHALL VERIFY THOSE WORKS USING ANY MEANS AVAILABLE - IF IT IS A WEBSITE, WE MIGHT ASK YOU TO ADD A META TAG WHICH WE WILL VERIFY HERE TO PROVE OWNERSHIP, IF IT IS AN APP, WE MIGHT ASK YOU TO ADD A SMALL FEATURE WE CAN TEST.
If you are up to this, just say YES and we can get started right away. If you have been working longer than me as you claim, your portfolio should beat mine - this will be a real battle not just about running mouth anyhow.

If you fail at this, then I will know you are a real fraud, and you should just shut the crap up where I am talking. You may be able to run your mouth more than me, but whether you do a better job or not, you are yet to prove.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Accept this challenge if you DARE!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This will go beyond decryption, stealing codes or running mouth, this will match might for might, a true test of SKILLS. But if you are afraid, well, you might back down (like i suspect you would).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 7:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Nmeri17:
Inspire other ambitious schemers with minuscule self esteem who won't mind blatantly posting lies on random forums just to belong to the imaginary big boys crew that have written applications spanning over 150,000 lines of code? edakun!!

The other day I was following you upandan, imploring you to mercy and just show me one online deposit of your codes. So you get 150000 lines of hand written code and there is no single place online where you offer assistance or can boast of 10 lines to show for it. No Git repo, no community know you.

I just dey wonder, we get these developers with 150000 lines of code for this nairaland and the programming section is not bubbling or even thriving. I for say the people from oga Seun's village seriously carry im matter for head but na that kain yabis dey warrant 243 years ban in perpetuity grin grin. How can Everyday I come here, everywhere is messed up with dumbtards adding other dumbtards to random whatsapp groups, another set na the HR and employment gang wey dey always come to post job offers with two blokos as requirement and no price tag. Whereas people with 150000 codebase dey sad Mbok egbon Seun needs our prayers!

I reserve my comment for you.

As you no believe say person fit write over 100k lines of code, i pity for you.

I for give una analysis but na how i wan take help drowning people.

Anyway just a little analysis, average size of JPA web application with 5-10 tables would be close to 5-10k.

By the time you do your models,repositories,etc you are already about 1-2k lines.

The application logic,controllers,security etc

Anyway person wey never enter plane before go imagine say people no fit go lagos to abuja in under 1 hour.

How can dat fit happen?

Na you "posi" of unbelief they wait you.....
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2016
dhtml18:
Accept this challenge if you DARE!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Mr man, sharap your mouth.

We are not mates. And please stop misleading this your guys....
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Sibrah: 7:36am On Oct 14, 2016
seunthomas:

If we share details of the project, how dat one epp you??

Abi you wan thief person code like somebody we know (@dhtml18) ??

So sharing of details of project now involves displaying you code. Even paid posters who type shít can type 80k line of code like that. Stop decieving your unknown self unprovocked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2016
Sibrah:
So sharing of details of project now involves displaying you code. Even paid posters who type shít can type 80k line of code like that. Stop decieving your unknown self unprovocked.

If you are smart (I strongly doubt that), you would have known what type of project i and some others are talking about.

You did not pay us and neither are you the client and for a very folly laden fellow you probably dont know what an NDA is.

Your patron @dhtml18 talks about legal issues with NSE on another thread, at least he has some understand on legal issues may be you hitting him up.

I doubt his story on that thread sha because its been a while they have been trying to get realtime data.

Most stock exchanges dont provide real time trading data, they do that to compensate for trading errors.

The best you will get is an hour data.

But i wont argue with him cos he may have an insider at the exchange feeding him real time data.

But to the best of my knowledge its not possible to get second by second trading data on the NSE.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by DharkPoet(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2016
seunthomas:

Maybe you should not cower under the pressure of self pity but strive to be like the people you call "braggadocio".

Everyone started like you, they also had their own pressures from others but they came out well.

Stop pitying for yourself and go beyond your 12 lines. You have just 99988 lines more...

And just ignore guys like @dhtml18, they will make you comfortable with your little.

If you dont work hard under pressure, you are in the wrong profession.
Funny you think I'm under the pressure of self pity. I'm learning everyday, coding at least 8-12hrs everyday, in fact, so far there's light, I'm coding. The problem I have with most of you is the discrimination.

And no, guys like dhtml18 are people I look up to. In fact most folks here, someone like DanielTheGeek, simple and mature fellow, but for the rest basking in their aura of deluded braggadocio and self aggrandizement, no doubt you guys have earned the programming black belt, but at least jump off your high horses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2016
seunthomas:

If you are smart (I strongly doubt that), you would have known what type of project i and some others are talking about.
You did not pay us and neither are you the client and for a very folly laden fellow you probably dont know what an NDA is.
Your patron @dhtml18 talks about legal issues with NSE on another thread, at least he has some understand on legal issues may be you hitting him up.
I doubt his story on that thread sha because its been a while they have been trying to get realtime data.
Most stock exchanges dont provide real time trading data, they do that to compensate for trading errors.
But i wont argue with him cos he may have an insider at the exchange feeding him real time data.
But to the best of my knowledge its not possible to get second by second trading data on the NSE.

I knew you were scared of challenge and will actually back down. Unfortunately for you, most people that have been on nairaland for long actually used the NSEAPI - so your trying to disclaim that is a waste of time, and making yourself look more fo.olist than you actually are.

I knew you will never accept my challenge because you will be defeated just too soundly - such that you will have to run away from this board permanently.

For your information, I have the LEGAL STUFFS SENT TO ME BY NSE, and i could publish them to SHAME you, but it is not necessary since I dont have to prove myself to anyone (especially not a FRAUD like you).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 14, 2016
DharkPoet:

Funny you think I'm under the pressure of self pity. I'm learning everyday, coding at least 8-12hrs everyday, in fact, so far there's light, I'm coding. The problem I have with most of you is the discrimination.

And no, guys like dhtml18 are people I look up to. In fact most folks here, someone like DanielTheGeek, simple and mature fellow, but for the rest basking in their aura of deluded braggadocio and self aggrandizement, no doubt you guys have earned the programming black belt, but at least jump off your high horses.
Dont mind the dude, he is just talking off-his-head. See the simple challenge i gave him to SHINE, he backed down hurriedly - as i knew he would.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Sibrah: 7:50am On Oct 14, 2016
seunthomas:

I strongly advice you to read your own comment. You are extremely dishonest.
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2016
Another thing, seunthomas, do you think I will publish lies against NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE on a public forum - just to create attention like you claim - this shows you are simply JEALOUS THAT I COULD GET SUCH ATTENTION FROM NSE EH - hahahaha, it just shows you how good I am.

If I have not done something that is WORTHY OF ATTENTION, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO THREATENED. AND IF YOU DOUBT ME, CALL THEIR LEGAL DEPARTMENT (I CAN GIVE YOU THEIR NUMBER) AND ASK THEM ABOUT THE NSEAPI. OR IF YOU HAVE AN INSIDER, YOU CAN ASK.

hahahaha, you still have light years to catch up with the likes of me on this programming world - all you have for now, is just a RECURSIVE MOUTH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by seunthomas: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2016
dhtml18:

I knew you were scared of challenge and will actually back down. Unfortunately for you, most people that have been on nairaland for long actually used the NSEAPI - so your trying to disclaim that is a waste of time, and making yourself look more fo.olist than you actually are.

I knew you will never accept my challenge because you will be defeated just too soundly - such that you will have to run away from this board permanently.

For your information, I have the LEGAL STUFFS SENT TO ME BY NSE, and i could publish them to SHAME you, but it is not necessary since I dont have to prove myself to anyone (especially not a FRAUD like you).

First of all you dont have too much experience in this kind of thing.

The letter they would send to you is a cease and desist which you can choose to ignore for 2 reasons:
a. The server your work is hosted on is not in Nigeria ( or na naija you host am).

b. The content you are providing in API format was crawled from the public domain. You needed only to put a disclaimer at the footer of your site and acknowledge you dont work for NSE or affiliated with them in anyway.

If you had done that they would not have any legal grounds.

You just get a good lawyer who is willing to defend you for free and might even get a very large chunk of cash at the end of the case when you sue them.

But you no sabi anything and you no seek advice.

Why will i now want to be struggling with a kindergarten
Re: How Many Lines Of Code Is Your Largest Work So Far? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2016
Sibrah:
I strongly advice you to read your own comment. You are extremely dishonest.
This dude will do anything to bring down my reputation - even resorting to fo0lish and dishonest means. He is just so so jealous of me, i dont just know why.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Developers Crazy About Startup Jobs? / Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.