Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai (34323 Views)

Blogging Is A More Lucrative Job Than Banking – Laila Ijeoma, CEO, Lailasblog / A Nairalander Gets Nominated For 2017 West African Citizens Awards (WAFRICA / Write For Lailasblog.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
PissedOffWeed:
E. Wow pretty hard working lady!! But wait I don't dig... She studied Chemical Engineering but works in a Bank? She works there as what? Money chemical analyst or Chemical Loan Manager? Nigeria is always poised doing the opposite of what's normal....does it mean no Banking/Finance, Accounting or Economics or even Marketing graduate out of hundreds of thousands out there aren't qualified for the post...?

The objective of an education is to teach you how to think,research and communicate. I agree it is best that some time be spent in one's core industry but beyond that, work in any industry that makes you happy.
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by sumborri: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
AuroraB:
This is a joke, right undecided
Bia, Alexreporter, how do you feel, bringing funny, needless issues on here .
And a big-headed Mod no sumborri splashes it on FP lipsrsealed. How humiliating embarassed
Why not win the award first? Or the ones you were nominated for o ko e l'ogbon nii
why are you mentioning me na..... Wetin I do
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
MackBrooklyn:
Wow, See fine woman abi na lady

Good for her though cool

Congrats to her
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by TerrorSquad147: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
safarigirl:
A chemical engineer somehow gets a bank job and then abandons it for blogging.

This is why Nigeria is here, cuz lots of square pegs are in round holes. Most science students couldn't care less about science
shell wouldn't have employed her either except she has a kinda connection.
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Talk2Bella(f): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
One day we shall all be great, Amen smiley
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
This is the type of nigerian lady i respect not those mumu ones wey dey beg strange men for reharge card and money 4 watsap and face book.
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Onyenna(m): 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
rawpadgin:
n seun!

let him do his worse cheesy

...eeeh yaah..... See you in 2050 bro.. ...
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by chubbyswit(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
AuroraB:
This is a joke, right undecided
Bia, Alexreporter, how do you feel, bringing funny, needless issues on here .
And a big-headed Mod no sumborri splashes it on FP lipsrsealed. How humiliating embarassed
Why not win the award first? Or the ones you were nominated for o ko e l'ogbon nii
lol jealousy!!!
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Nnamdikalu: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
IamNawty:
I love love love Laila, she's a very nice lady, she replies all her mails, she knws her commenters we and even reply comments despite her huge success . She's so humble . Not like some pple undecided
LINDA IKEJI...but wait o,do I sound like I hate Linda
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Nnamdikalu: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
bliss121:
See beauty queen!What a pretty angel!
Mother of three.
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Nnamdikalu: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
This woman fine to the extent that the Afonja's have forgotten that she is a five%grin grin grin. And they are heaping their praises on her...Chai(that PEJ pics comes to mind)
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by naijasaga(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
nice
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by PierreDeFermat(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
she's cute. linda Ikeji looks like goat wey dey poo poo
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by PierreDeFermat(m): 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
bliss121:
See beauty queen!What a pretty angel!
haba,exaggeration. she's just pretty
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by typearls(f): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Congrats to you lailai. Glad you made it this far.
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by yokus(f): 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
NOPE. That is what makes her special. She is a great multitasker- a wife, mum of 3, banker and blogger. She is still a banker and somehow manages to blog and reply her commenters. She is a great Woman. Love her to bits. Started visiting her blog and i was wowed.
Met her this year for the first time. Super sweet

A chemical engineer somehow gets a bank job and then abandons it for blogging

1 Like

Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by kachikwudavid(m): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
She has a good heart, and she deserves both the recognition and the award. I love Laila to the fullest. Her humble nature and friendly character despite her success is something am trying my best to copy,. She's a role model on her own.

*OP were the link to vote for her*
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by yokus(f): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
You know you dont have to open everypost, then you made an extra effort to drop that comment. Really?

I never asked to know her so why this? Why is Alexreports giving out this information, is she one of his models?[/quote]
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by miqos02(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
MrPresident1:
She has a full bustline grin

I like cool
na only that one you see?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by liznwankwo(f): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
Yes her blog is like family!
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by safarigirl(f): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Swizdom:

If this is your sole reason for why Naija is here, I think you need to still go back to the drawing board. I could read a 5-year course just for research purposes doesn't mean I will wear helmets working as a Chemical Engineer. I think there is energy economics, I stand to be corrected, and it could be what someone who read Chemical wants. I love her chosen part, afterall it's her choice and has nothing to do with affecting Naija, abeg.

You , now, are hunting lions , shey?

Lol, fresearch purpodes?

Oga, I still dey the school. Studying Law, now, I plan on being a writer, which means, I am not veering totally from my path.

I know of people who read medicine and then become bloggers, but they blog about medicine. How is that veering?

Most Nigerians study what they have zero plans of doing, one of those "I'm a science student because my friends are science students or my daddy said so"

Waste

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Swizdom(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
safarigirl:

Lol, fresearch purpodes?

Oga, I still dey the school. Studying Law, now, I plan on being a writer, which means, I am not veering totally from my path.

I know of people who read medicine and then become bloggers, but they blog about medicine. How is that veering?

Most Nigerians study what they have zero plans of doing, one of those "I'm a science student because my friends are science students or my daddy said so"

Waste

That you are studying law and plan to be a writer isn't anyone's business. You can't use a 5-year course to judge how one is probably gonna live almost 70+ years. It's a choice. To find one's purpose in life is tasking and should always be respected when one finally finds it.

You act like u see the future when you know absolutely nothing about the next hour, so keep shut and face ya life, maam.
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by safarigirl(f): 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
Swizdom:

That you are studying law and plan to be a writer isn't anyone's business. You can't use a 5-year course to judge how one is probably gonna live almost 70+ years. It's a choice. To find one's purpose in life is tasking and should always be respected when one finally finds it.

You act like u see the future when you know absolutely nothing about the next hour, so keep shut and face ya life, maam.
it's you that asked whether I'm doing what I studied, hence my reply. Or do you suffer from temporary amnesia?

It's you that should shut up and face your front next time, I wasn't talking to you when you carried your aproko mouth to quote me like a useless neighbourhood gossip.

Na you ask question, na you dey yarn dust. Anumanu
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Swizdom(m): 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
safarigirl:
it's you that asked whether I'm doing what I studied, hence my reply. Or do you suffer from temporary amnesia?

It's you that should shut up and face your front next time, I wasn't talking to you when you carried your aproko mouth to quote me like a useless neighbourhood gossip.

Na you ask question, na you dey yarn dust. Anumanu

It hasn't come to that naa. "Anumanu", my sisi, na wa for you o. How can I appease you.

Frankly speaking, don't blame peeps when they choose to divert. Our generation ain't easy as before, eventhough we have technology and other stuffs to make things easier to our advantage. We are in a phase where your degree alone can't help or sustain you, hence the reason why people diversify.

Don't resort to insult;it's bad! Olee ebe isi?
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
rawpadgin:
n seun!
let him do his worse cheesy
Seun is not who you all think he was.
*smh*
Re: See The Face Behind Lailasblog As She Is Nominated For An Award In Dubai by nickvanilla(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
safarigirl:
the fact that you can't distinguish fact from 'hate' shows that you're another product of a failed educational system....

You can't hate a person you don't know

Sorry miss but your analogy of square pegs and round holes just doesn't follow. Somebody went to the university, came out and decided to follow her dreams and u're saying she shouldn't digress from what she studied in school. I'm sorry to say this but your ignorance is scary. I wonder what century you are living in. Today nobody cares about what certificate you are carrying but rather what you can create and innovate. We are celebrating creativity here and you are talking about square pegs and round holes.

You better wash the hate off your eyes so you can see beyound the ridge of your nose . And yes u can hate someone you don't know especially if you think that person is part of your society's problems.

And you may be right about one thing. Our educational system is failed but i'm not going to let that define and delineate me. I'm destined for greater things. So if u like, insult that moniker up there. U don't know anything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Responds To President Trump's Claim Against Him / The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria / 30 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.