Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed (63931 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets / Full Details Of Nigerian Secret Police Raid On Federal Judges Revealed / Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2016

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by menxer: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2016
HQuadreal:

What browser should I use then.

Use chrome,
Select the section you want to post, scroll down to the the end of the listed threads, you will see "create new topic".
It is that simple.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

My friend shut up dia! Why didn't they put the money in the bank? Someone has over a hundred million in cash in hi should and you say it's clean? Mr rich man! Why will a judge even have that kind of money? Better grow sense and stop supporting corruption for the sake of your children and grand children.

One look at your picture one can understand the measure of hardship,hunger and frustration you feel. The despair encompassing your existence makes you hopeless for the children you will have and their children after.
I DO NOT support corruption young man. I simply analyzed the situation,quipping that you ILYNEM who has 200 Naira(cos that seems your worth) should equally be arrested for having a portion of your hard earned money(assuming you are not one of them hungry "yahoo boys" typing away their existence seeking to steal other peoples money online) at home because those who have 2 Naira at home think you acquired yours by criminal means.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2016

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ilynem(m): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2016
jon1:

One look at your picture one can understand the measure of hardship,hunger and frustration you feel. The despair encompassing your existence makes you hopeless for the children you will have and their children after.
I DO NOT support corruption young man. I simply analyzed the situation,quipping that you ILYNEM who has 200 Naira(cos that seems your worth) should equally be arrested for having a portion of your hard earned money(assuming you are not one of them hungry "yahoo boys" typing away their existence seeking to steal other peoples money online) at home because those who have 2 Naira at home think you acquired yours by criminal means.
You take one glance at my picture and you are already judging my personality. From my picture! That has just told me the kind of person you are. Someone who will make hasty conclusions without properly looking into things and applying reasoning. All you need to hear is "buhari" and "Fulani" and you conclude he cannot do anything right. This is why I can't argue with your superficial thinking self. And look who's calling me a yahoo boy can't even string two words together to make a correct sentence. Rubbish. And for you to think a judge having hundreds of millions in his house is "hard earned" just goes to show your level of reasoning .
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ilynem(m): 10:51am On Oct 09, 2016
Surfboard:

You don't have to be insultive in making your point, I understand you're frustrated, but I'm sure I'm not th cause of your frustration, so take it easy my man.

Now, to the point about defending corruption. Have you heard the side of the Judges' story? Logic says there are at least two sides to a story and nothing can be decided until all sides are heard. Relax and let them defend themselves. The fact that you already think they're guilty is exactly the way government wants you to think.

P.s I don't support any political party, but I do love a football club with all my heart body and soul...Arsenal FC.

Have a nice day.
Erm...they will be charged to court and they will say their side of the story. But meanwhile, DSS needed to raid in order to get evidence which they did. And nope am not frustrated...well, not really. And how did you like my team bearing arsenal at the beginning of the season? I have a soft spot for arsenal tho cheesy
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ademega(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2016
fr3do:
The judges would have to explain the source of such huge sums of money in their houses.

This is a very delicate matter and the masses should be critical of the moves taken by the FG, a 2nd world corrupt country is better than a 3rd world dictatorship.
Who cares? He is dictatorial to the corrupt and he should be more of it for us all to enjoy democracy
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by kaka74: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2016
Chikpat:
This z a gud development. Guilty ppl Wu hav skeletons in dir cupboard will take sides with the corrupt judges.

Nigerians open ur eyes and dont be decieved.... These judges are Nigerian judges and are corrupt as we all suspect and feel. They shud clear demsevs in court, dey shud be tried n jailed if guilty.

How can judges aid corruption, miscarriage of justice, etc. Enemies of dir own country. Mtcheew

VGood jst don't come here and complain or create thread if nigerian police or sister agencies arrest u nd make up charges
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Adaahjacob(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2016
Kgdavid:

You sleep safe in your bed at might, while some faceless men stand guard over the nation, ever ready to face mortal danger where it may present itself. But you, a small boy, feel its okay to trivialie their role. Okay...the chickens are currently on a their way home to roost...we shall see

''Big man'' can u read and edit what u wrote, i find some words misplaced.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by erimmy(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2016
But where is Justice Okon Abang of Federal high court,Abuja in all these?Abi him na saint?Isn't he also a yam eater? I pray that all our yam eaters vomit the yams,including the ones swallowed by saint buhari and all his angels.Anyway,non of my business as I watch all these roforofo fight in 10D.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by fakati(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2016
God will continue to expose those killing Nigeria
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
ladej:
WHEN ?

As soon as you and I and other Nigerians stop supporting corruption online and offline and demanding for accountability and performance from our leaders. That's when.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Abcka811:
dust

Mud.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Victorblaze14:

That you voted him in does not mean you cannot criticize him

Oh please criticize him as much as you can. But let the criticism be genuine, honest and constructive.

I have criticized President Buhari on this forum very well especially his handling of the cattle rearers' criminality which was poorly done.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by kahal29: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
We must draw a line between fighting corrupt judges and fighting the judiciary. We should know whether the issue is about procedure or the substance of the allegations against the judges.
We have to take a stand on this issue for the sake of posterity.

Inibehe Effiong
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
light004:

How will this make Nigeria great? In a democracy, there are sacred ingredients called separation of powers and the rule of law. These are the corner stone pillars that democracy is built on; what will see today is fragrant abuse of power and tyranny which eventually destroyed our nation/democracy. All men of good faith must not sit by and watch this barbaric act and not say something and do something about this recklessness.

We must commend those with the courage to speak out and the NBA for standing up to challenge this aberration and abuse of our judiciary system. you can't be the accuser and judge at the same time. The youth needs to liberate themselves through education, the ignorant level is intolerable and this is the major reason why they are willing tools in the hands of greedy and manipulative politicians.

This i say shall surely pass and Nigeria shall rise again.

I understand that the arrest of the judges gives some people the opportunity for moral posturing.

Some judges were arrested because they were suspected to have sold justice to the highest bidders thereby jeopardizing our democracy.

It seems some of you don't know the implication of the actions of these judges.

Question: are the judges above the law? Can they be arrested?

There is separation of power among the three arms of government. True. But each arm is supposed to be a check on the power of the other two.

When the Legislative impeaches a governor or the president are you going to come here and start crying foul?

Or when the court issues a bench arrest warrant for a member of the legislation would you call that illegality?

Until someone can show me where it says in the constitution that judges have immunity against arrest and prosecution, then I'll have to conclude that y'all don't even know what you're saying.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ladej(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:

As soon as you and I and other Nigerians stop supporting corruption online and offline and demanding for accountability and performance from our leaders. That's when.
nope. It's not about supporting corruption. we don't have it in us to demand accountability and performance from our leaders. 56 years....saying the same poo.w e just talk talk talk
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by crimeboss: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Nonsense!
even if they found trillions of dollars starks outside their homes, it's not within their jurisdiction to do what did, it doesn't make it right, there is a law buhari to uphold, to disobey that law is corruption in itself, now we av corrupt president on our hands i think it's time do the needful.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
ladej:
nope. It's not about supporting corruption. we don't have it in us to demand accountability and performance from our leaders. 56 years....saying the same poo.w e just talk talk talk

And what have you as a person done to put all the talks into action?

People of your age and my age are leading revolutions the world over. We sit here and point fingers at one another.

Critical situations require desperate measures. The FG should do all in it's power to stamp out corruption and the corrupt from this country even if it means becoming a dictator once again.

We aren't going to wait until we all start eating from the dustbin of the rich.

The revolution closest to us is the scrapping of the Senate. It is building momentum. We all should join hands and support this.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Weah96: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigtt76:
All these is happening just after PMB's closed door meeting with Gov. Wike ...this should ring bell into people's ears and mind naaa!
He probably told the governor to resign his post like a man. You know when someone asks you the question 'is there something you wanna tell me" they already know the answer.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by nani212(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Even if they are innocent, what are they doing with such amount of cash in their homes
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by HQuadreal: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
menxer:

Use chrome,
Select the section you want to post, scroll down to the the end of the listed threads, you will see "create new topic".
It is that simple.
Thanks i appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ebenholer(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
Does that mean the money recovered were money gotten through bribe... This is absurdity
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Davidbanky(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Now in chess this is what we call Castling.

Nice move Mr. President.

The only fault I have is that this should have been one of your very first moves.

Well maybe now the cases before the other judges will proceed speedily, after all, justice delayed is justice denied.

Bros sunny right ?
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Weah96: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
ebenholer:
Does that mean the money recovered were money gotten through bribe... This is absurdity

Well, it didn't come from their salaries. Maybe they all received charitable donations from Apple or Amazon.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by utch(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
To truly rid Nigeria of the corrupt people keeping money in their houses the best thing will be to change the Nigerian currency thereby forcing them to bring out the monies in their possession!!
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by HoneyBee23(f): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

Aunty Journalist. What makes you think they give a sh*t about "true journalism"? So all the other news sources that are licking our politicians @sses and hiding information from us due to brown envelope, they are true journalists? Is your father one if the judges? Because it seems so. Sahara reporters are the truth and it's good these politicians (and your father's people) know that anything they do will be on the spot light

wetin concern my dead father with dz matter now, well you gat a very low self esteem, shift make breeze touch me abeg,by d way who no no sey Sahara reporters are over hyped, mofo dundii
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by bigtt76(f): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
Exactly grin

Weah96:

He probably told the governor to resign his post like a man. You know when someone asks you the question 'is there something you wanna tell me" they already know the answer.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
Davidbanky:

Bros sunny right ?

Nope. smiley wrong number bro.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
HoneyBee23:

wetin concern my dead father with dz matter now, well you gat a very low self esteem, shift make breeze touch me abeg,by d way who no no sey Sahara reporters are over hyped, mofo dundii

Lol. You sound bitter. Sahara reporters aren't overhyped.

Their skills are quite good. Getting info before mainstream media? I'd say that's one hell of a connection they got there.

Sahara reporters news media saved our democracy last year. We know the extent PDP was willing o-to go to retain power.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
crimeboss:
even if they found trillions of dollars starks outside their homes, it's not within their jurisdiction to do what did, it doesn't make it right, there is a law buhari to uphold, to disobey that law is corruption in itself, now we av corrupt president on our hands i think it's time do the needful.

I'm sorry which law prohibits judges from being liable to arrest and prosecution? Can you quote this law for us?

Or maybe you want to point to the section of the constitution that grants judges immunity from arrests and prosecution. I'm waiting sir...

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Davidbanky(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Nope. smiley wrong number bro.

Sorry, I had a friend who posted ur comment on Facebook at that time I thought it was his, so when i saw it here I thought it was his moniker, sorry about that and thumbs up to what u wrote, you really know who you are

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lucozade Nigeria Shades President Buhari In New Hilarious Ad / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja. / Obaseki Visits Wike At Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.