Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed (63979 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets / Full Details Of Nigerian Secret Police Raid On Federal Judges Revealed / Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by HoneyBee23(f): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=50056906]

Lol. You sound bitter. Sahara reporters aren't overhyped.

Their skills are quite good. Getting info before mainstream media? I'd say that's one hell of a connection they got there.

Sahara reporters news media saved our democracy last year. We know the extent PDP was willing o-to go to retain power. [/quote/]

okay, well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by tochstorm(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
no pics ? no thanks
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Nellybii: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Now in chess this is what we call Castling.

Nice move Mr. President.

The only fault I have is that this should have been one of your very first moves.

Well maybe now the cases before the other judges will proceed speedily, after all, justice delayed is justice denied.

Don't know who you are but I am a chess player.
A very passionate one bro! You got me clapping with this comment.
Any chess player will grab it solidly.
This is the best comment I have read this year on Nairaland.
Thank you for reawakening my hopes in Nigerian youth.
Kudos .!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by pricipal2003(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
If all these allegations against the judges are true, then there is no hope for this country. It will really be a shame on the judiciary
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ladej(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:

And what have you as a person done to put all the talks into action?

People of your age and my age are leading revolutions the world over. We sit here and point fingers at one another.

Critical situations require desperate measures. The FG should do all in it's power to stamp out corruption and the corrupt from this country even if it means becoming a dictator once again.

We aren't going to wait until we all start eating from the dustbin of the rich.

The revolution closest to us is the scrapping of the Senate. It is building momentum. We all should join hands and support this.

puhleeeeeze

We don't have it in us

Too many examples

Abiola mandate for one. We went to the streets. Army deployed. Game over

Fast forward to 2012. Gej increased fuel. Army deployed.. game over

The powers that be know that the average Nigerian will not DIE for his right

Those in the countries you mentioned are willing to

Big difference
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nellybii:

Don't know who you are but I am a chess player.
A very passionate one bro! You got me clapping with this comment.
Any chess player will grab it solidly.
This is the best comment I have read this year on Nairaland.
Thank you for reawakening my hopes in Nigerian youth.
Kudos .!!

Thanks. Humbled.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=HoneyBee23 post=50058392][/quote]

smiley
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Davidbanky:

Sorry, I had a friend who posted ur comment on Facebook at that time I thought it was his, so when i saw it here I thought it was his moniker, sorry about that and thumbs up to what u wrote, you really know who you are

Thanks.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by olarent: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
We masses we need to reason together majority of the corruption cases in nigeria is been abated and supported by dis useless judges if buhari remain dictator its ok by d mases

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by 4dor: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
Surfboard:

It isn't the judges that are to be solely blamed for people awaiting trial. The judge can only adjudicate on what is brought before him. You should be directing your grievances on people awaiting trial to prosecution and defence counsel, they're the ones wasting time.

And even at that, the mode of the arrest of these judges is unlawful. Whether or not they're corrupt, there's a procedure under the law for things to be done, and in this case, they haven't been done.

You can continue cheering the government, but be rest assured that this tyranny will affect you, it's only a matter of time. Just wait for it.

Justice Oluyinka Gbajabiamila (Lagos State High Court): He allegedly delivered judgment in a matter before him 22 months after written addresses were adopted and 35 months after the close of evidence in the suit. He was recommended for compulsory retirement from office.

For the records, that tyranny has already been at my door since the mid 90s, people like you were in coma at the time abi? So I don't need to wait for it, I have witnessed it first hand and it's pay back time. That pay back is what you should wait for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
4dor:

Justice Oluyinka Gbajabiamila (Lagos State High Court): He allegedly delivered judgment in a matter before him 22 months after written addresses were adopted and 35 months after the close of evidence in the suit. He was recommended for compulsory retirement from office.

For the records, that tyranny has already been at my door since the mid 90s, people like you were in coma at the time abi? So I don't need to wait for it, I have witnessed it first hand and it's pay back time. That pay back is what you should wait for.

Thank God you're educated so you know the meaning of the bolded word. There are court records to verify your case and I'm sure, if true, parties affected must have gone on appeal. You don't just toy with facts to suit your emotional state.

No one fights evil with evil and prevails, cause at the end, society still has at least one evil to contend with. The SSS didn't act within the ambits of the law, that's the reason for the outrage. You want to go after corrupt judges, please do. However, follow the process laid down by the law. The SSS didn't do that and as long as they continue to go after 'corrupt' people like this, they may never get any convictions.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Blue3k(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Surfboard:

Thank God you're educated so you know the meaning of the bolded word. There are court records to verify your case and I'm sure, if true, parties affected must have gone on appeal. You don't just toy with facts to suit your emotional state.

No one fights evil with evil and prevails, cause at the end, society still has at least one evil to contend with. The SSS didn't act within the ambits of the law, that's the reason for the outrage. You want to go after corrupt judges, please do. However, follow the process laid down by the law. The SSS didn't do that and as long as they continue to go after 'corrupt' people like this, they may never get any convictions.

Nigerian are addicted to failure. See adults crying out for dictator all over nairaland like groveling worms. Nobody is saying judges are above law people just want him act lawfully before we replace one crook with another. Also because they have no history classes in Nigerian school they don't understand how precedent are set for future presidents. You may truse buhari but who's to say next guy won't abuse it.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 11:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Blue3k:

Nigerian are addicted to failure. See adults crying out for dictator all over nairaland like groveling worms. Nobody is saying judges are above law people just want him act lawfully before we replace one crook with another. Also because they have no history classes in Nigerian school they don't understand how precedent are set for future presidents. You may truse buhari but who's to say next guy won't abuse it.

Well said Sir, well said!
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by 4dor: 12:22am On Oct 10, 2016
Surfboard:

The word was used simply because he was never tried before the court of law, he was reported to the NJC and they promptly retired him according to records. I'm not toying with facts here, a simple Google search will give you all the details, so put the emotional state aside.

Initially, you talked about waiting for my tyranny episode and I told you how long I've witnessed it, now you have turned into the Pope saying no one fights evil with evil and prevails but my question still remains unanswered, where were you when pick pockets got 8 years in prison while that pension thief that stole billions got a fine, where were you when Odili got a lifetime injuction? Where were you when a guy that went to buy suya was taken as Rewane's killer and was kept in prison for close to 20 years only to be freed later as a person who had nothing to do with the case? Where was your "ambit" of the law? Where you in Mars? Oga you can argue on this issue till next year, one thing is certain, it's no longer business as usual. If you know people involved in this mess, tell them to get ready because this is just the beginning. Have a wonderful night rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by kolaaderin: 1:58am On Oct 10, 2016
4dor:

The word was used simply because he was never tried before the court of law, he was reported to the NJC and they promptly retired him according to records. I'm not toying with facts here, a simple Google search will give you all the details, so put the emotional state aside.

Initially, you talked about waiting for my tyranny episode and I told you how long I've witnessed it, now you have turned into the Pope saying no one fights evil with evil and prevails but my question still remains unanswered, where were you when pick pockets got 8 years in prison while that pension thief that stole billions got a fine, where were you when Odili got a lifetime injuction? Where were you when a guy that went to buy suya was taken as Rewane's killer and was kept in prison for close to 20 years only to be freed later as a person who had nothing to do with the case? Where was your "ambit" of the law? Where you in Mars? Oga you can argue on this issue till next year, one thing is certain, it's no longer business as usual. If you know people involved in this mess, tell them to get ready because this is just the beginning. Have a wonderful night rest.

A like for every flat in 1004 flats.
You got my 1004 likes just like that.
kiss wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by inosend: 11:35am On Oct 10, 2016
Okay, alright, so now which of these judges i fit approach to buy forex?

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by femarse: 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
Blue3k:

the problem I have with you people is u are yet to tell us the process of the law
pls use this opportunity to tell us how DSS should have gone about what happen recently
I will henceforth see this govt as a tyrant one if u can tell us the right process of law to have been followed in this case
pls remember to back your process with valid cases either in this country or other country

thanks
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by light004: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I understand that the arrest of the judges gives some people the opportunity for moral posturing.

Some judges were arrested because they were suspected to have sold justice to the highest bidders thereby jeopardizing our democracy.

It seems some of you don't know the implication of the actions of these judges.

Question: are the judges above the law? Can they be arrested?

There is separation of power among the three arms of government. True. But each arm is supposed to be a check on the power of the other two.

When the Legislative impeaches a governor or the president are you going to come here and start crying foul?

Or when the court issues a bench arrest warrant for a member of the legislation would you call that illegality?

Until someone can show me where it says in the constitution that judges have immunity against arrest and prosecution, then I'll have to conclude that y'all don't even know what you're saying.

unfortunately, I'm just seeing your response. I shouldn't have dignified it with a response but am compel not to allow misrepresentation to continue to spread.

I would never seek to protect or shield a corrupt judge or person but what sane people like us are saying is simple: The laws of the land must be respected and followed in the fight against corruption. It's highly unnecessary to go and arrest the judges at such odd hours of the day based on allegations that are yet to be proven in a court of law or are they fugitives? Have they been invited and they refused to show up? Have they been declared wanted? I don't think so; thus, why the gestapo arrest for? The law presumes innocent until proven otherwise.

The manner in which the arrest was carried out is what people are condemning and that in anyway doesn't mean supporting corruption. It's a barbaric act that should be condemn in any decent society. You can't fight corruption with illegality; corruption can only be fought through the instrumentality of the law. We must learn to build strong institution than strong leaders because the former will outlive the latter.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 7:23am On Oct 12, 2016
light004:

unfortunately, I'm just seeing your response. I shouldn't have dignified it with a response but am compel not to allow misrepresentation to continue to spread.

I would never seek to protect or shield a corrupt judge or person but what sane people like us are saying is simple: The laws of the land must be respected and followed in the fight against corruption. It's highly unnecessary to go and arrest the judges at such odd hours of the day based on allegations that are yet to be proven in a court of law or are they fugitives? Have they been invited and they refused to show up? Have they been declared wanted? I don't think so; thus, why the gestapo arrest for? The law presumes innocent until proven otherwise.

The manner in which the arrest was carried out is what people are condemning and that in anyway doesn't mean supporting corruption. It's a barbaric act that should be condemn in any decent society. You can't fight corruption with illegality; corruption can only be fought through the instrumentality of the law. We must learn to build strong institution than strong leaders because the former will outlive the latter.

Really? "At such odd hour".

What time frame is stipulated in the constitution for arrests? Just point out where it says no arrests can and must be made after 7pm. I'm waiting....
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by light004: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Really? "At such odd hour".

What time frame is stipulated in the constitution for arrests? Just point out where it says no arrests can and must be made after 7pm. I'm waiting....

So you expect the constitution to spell out every act or conduct in details? People like you are not worth any argument because it makes no difference. Thus, you expect the constitution to also specific the everyday clothes of the President and other senior officials. Guy, put on your thinking cap. Stop the baseless argument.

please, we are not all idle. i have serious issue to take care of and if you don't haveanything serious to say don't bother responding.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ElsonMorali: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2016
light004:

So you expect the constitution to spell out every act or conduct in details? People like you are not worth any argument because it makes no difference. Thus, you expect the constitution to also specific the everyday clothes of the President and other senior officials. Guy, put on your thinking cap. Stop the baseless argument.

please, we are not all idle. i have serious issue to take care of and if you don't haveanything serious to say don't bother responding.

You have serious serious issues to take care of like? Lemme guess, scratching your ears, taking a bath, pruning your finger nails, going to church right?

Youre so busy you cant refrain from quoting me. I'd even forgotten that i made that statement you're just quoting now.

Guy go do whatever you wanna do and stop lurking around my mentions forming busy.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by lionson(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2016
Realhommie:
Wetin you know? #Nonsense

You better...
#seesense
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by lionson(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2016
Realhommie:

You better...

Hmm! Somebody don dey para for here o!
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by lionson(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2016
Realhommie:

You better...

Hmm! Somebody don dey para for here o![color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Terrorists Incur Heavy Casualty In 2 Days Of Nigerian Military Operations - Pics / Femi Fani-Kayode Praises His 3 Wives (Photos) / Wike Congratulates Atiku, Walks Out Of Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.