Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed (63951 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets / Full Details Of Nigerian Secret Police Raid On Federal Judges Revealed / Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by TolaniLuv: 8:12am On Oct 09, 2016
People Deh think seh Buhari is a stupid man! Lol! Shm, maybe e Deh try replace dem wit Abok!'s

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

Sharap! You haven't asked your self why a governor would stop an arrest by 1am if he doesn't have anything to hide. Sometimes I feel we are our own problem. The way we support corruption is alarming!
The governor is lawyer, the man to be arrested is a lawyer, and he said he heard about it and against the move.
As a lawyer he did what i think is best to save the caricature your Lord and master is making of the judiciary.

I may be wrong but i think He is protecting one of his won sentiment apart,

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by gotnel: 8:17am On Oct 09, 2016
chachanga:

As horrible as that may sound to all the cackling chickens and braying donkeys of this forum, it wouldn't be bad if those NASS guys tasted the soles of "soldier" boot at least once in their tenure.

Definitely not suggesting an embarrassing fiasco atthe Assembly House like the last administration's because that would constitute assaults on the realm but well-coordinated raids on some of their corruption-ridden hideaways and palatial residences of filth, foolishness and filthy lucre.

They're unarguably one of the merciless sources of the embeggaring of the Nigerian people.

When they get hit, their brains will jerk to life and they'll rush to adjust and cut down the Arbitrary Powers and idiosyncratic abuses of such privileges by the Executive, the Military class and only then will Nigerians have reprieve.

Executive, Judiciary and legislative; none of them are reliable, stable and credible in their Nigerian versions. They need to be tweaked, pushed and used against one another eventually for Nigerians to get value for their mandate, money and Motherland's heritage.

I am with you totally.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by callonme(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2016
drss:
dis govt is trying to distract nigerians from sometin serious. d waves of impunity n attack on judiciary is one of daura govt's latest movie to get nigerians attention off d already comatoes economy.

God, do you think with the aid of your anus?
Nothing seems to be right with you.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ilynem(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

The governor is lawyer, the man to be arrested is a lawyer, and he said he heard about it and against the move.
As a lawyer he did what i think is best to save the caricature your Lord and master is making of the judiciary.

I may be wrong but i think He is protecting one of his won sentiment apart,
Against what move? DSS had warrants to arrest the judge and Wike was against the move? Is he above the law? And my lord and master is making the judiciary a caricature? The judiciary is already a caricature. They are the last hope for the common man and they are being bribed for Christ sake. I pray you go up against a rich man in court and then you will appreciate what my lord and master is doing. Open your eyes and stop being blind to the truth. And is Wike a lawyer? Really?

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by akuto: 8:23am On Oct 09, 2016
Why should an arrest be done by 1am like you're arresting a dangerous armed criminal.
There are laid down processes that should be followed. If truly they collected bribes, get your proof and follow due process. It may take time but will prevail if true

2 Likes

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by gotnel: 8:28am On Oct 09, 2016
light004:

How will this make Nigeria great? In a democracy, there are sacred ingredients called separation of powers and the rule of law. These are the corner stone pillars that democracy is built on; what will see today is fragrant abuse of power and tyranny which eventually destroyed our nation/democracy. All men of good faith must not sit by and watch this barbaric act and not say something and do something about this recklessness.

We must commend those with the courage to speak out and the NBA for standing up to challenge this aberration and abuse of our judiciary system. you can't be the accuser and judge at the same time. The youth needs to liberate themselves through education, the ignorant level is intolerable and this is the major reason why they are willing tools in the hands of greedy and manipulative politicians.

This i say shall surely pass and Nigeria shall rise again.

As much as you are right about your views on this subject matter, our problems has been magnified by all these democratic process of doing things.
We are in a dangerous valley as a nation. What we need to get out of the very deep and dangerous situation is not doing anything normal routine, we need some drastic measures to be out of the mess that our democracy has put up.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by LastProphet: 8:39am On Oct 09, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
It seems the new word for Corruption is Democracy. For every corruption arrest, I hear people tagging it an abuse of Democracy.

yes democracy is the new word for corruption, the thieves are the democrats and any attempt to arrest any thief is a terrible attack on democracy, so says the Ugandan jews o

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by tolux247(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Where's the proof that you campaigned and voted for him?

Stop lying OK? You've always been a wailer and I foresee you guys wailing till eternity because like it or not Nigeria is going to become great.

NO MIND D FOOL

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by chukstino: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2016
Pls help me wake baba FELA up l need new track from him.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Acheron:
Lies upon Lies.

It's obvious Bubu the dictator wants to make scapegoats out of them for reasons known to him.

I don't blame Bubu, I blame we the gullible ones that campaigned nd voted him in.

Thread carefully Bubu.

LOL you are among those that have been blaming the President that he has never convict anyone in his fight again corruption, Now tell me with all those corrupt judges how will anyone be convicted? Is it Buhari that will convict them or the judge? They need to make them a scape goat.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Okuda(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Anybody keeping this much money at home is a criminal. Period!

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You think supreme court judges are cowards.You go wait tire

Oh... really? let's wait and see, Some case will continue from tomorrow and let see if they won't be fair now.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2016
omowolewa:
Appear in court? I hope court won't take sides in espirit de crops
Na judge wey wan t tarnish his/her image will support corrupt judge.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by fujirice: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2016
You guys have only heard the DSS side of the story and already condemning the judges while singing the praises of the DSS. This early excitement won't help anybody.
If the FG will withdraw their forgery case against the senate president and his deputy after all the noise they made, I think it is safe to say, "wait let's hear from the Judges"

It's not who made the first move that wins in chess.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by blantyre: 9:10am On Oct 09, 2016
ojtech8291:
Even thorough these people are corrupt but raiding their house without invitation or any formal notice is improper. The government should stopped creating too much enemies for themselves. You raided a house and you claimed to recovered such amount of money? Who kmows they went and planted it their? They should remembered that their are dealing with experienced judges. Waiting for the next part of the story.
Is not a written law that one must be invited formally. If there is suspicion that vital incriminating evidence might be moved out, hide or tempered with one is left with no option than to raid and secure those exhibits. I am sure we have not forgotten the various raids across Europe targeted at some prominent football administrators and Fifa officials suspected of taking bribes to award world Cup hosting rights
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
7. DSS team reportedly arrived Justice Adeniyi Ademola's house in Abuja asked him to come out, but he claimed he wasn't home, however, his cellphone signal gave him away. He was subsequently arrested with at least N300million found in different local and foreign currencies in his bedroom.

Blood of Nazareth.

Can you imagine, I know that Ademola of a judge cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2016
double0seven:

there still remains incorruptible judges that will preside over their case in court and do the right thing.

Exactly like Okon Abang i like that judge..

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:
LMFAO, you want to take them to court and you think their fellow judges will allow you disgrace the judiciary and go free?? The judiciary will definitely protect their own, remember legislators did same and succeeded.

That's when you will know and understand the power of Presidency, NJC will be shut down completely.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by churchil(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2016
Acheron:
Lies upon Lies.

It's obvious Bubu the dictator wants to make scapegoats out of them for reasons known to him.

I don't blame Bubu, I blame we the gullible ones that campaigned nd voted him in.

Thread carefully Bubu.

who campaigned for BUBU?? so u did??
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by neocortex: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2016
omowolewa:
Appear in court? I hope court won't take sides in espirit de crops

Except the judges are under threat themselves , they will definitely take sides with their colleague.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by light004: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2016
gotnel:

As much as you are right about your views on this subject matter, our problems has been magnified by all these democratic process of doing things.
We are in a dangerous valley as a nation. What we need to get out of the very deep and dangerous situation is not doing anything normal routine, we need some drastic measures to be out of the mess that our democracy has put up.

It's impossible to get the right results by doing the wrong things. The law must be upheld, no one should be above it.

If you want to go outside the established rules, there are procedures for doing that. Men that came up with these ideals on democracy never claimed perfection but a process that upload sacred human values that are deem fundamental and inalienable for a decent society. Toying with these ideas will destroy any society.

Please read history and you will see the need not to allow for arbitrary actions by anyone. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupt absolutely. Let be guided, we are human, we are not infallible.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2016
4dor:

Yeah right, please go to the prisons and tell young men and women there who have spent over 7 years awaiting trial this. You seem to be so sure it's the society's last hope but I bet you haven't seen one person whose life has been destroyed by these corrupt and lazy judges.

It isn't the judges that are to be solely blamed for people awaiting trial. The judge can only adjudicate on what is brought before him. You should be directing your grievances on people awaiting trial to prosecution and defence counsel, they're the ones wasting time.

And even at that, the mode of the arrest of these judges is unlawful. Whether or not they're corrupt, there's a procedure under the law for things to be done, and in this case, they haven't been done.

You can continue cheering the government, but be rest assured that this tyranny will affect you, it's only a matter of time. Just wait for it.

1 Like

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

My friend shut your hole! Cant you read? When will you people realise that supporting a party is not like supporting a football club? When someone goes wrong, call him out for it. You are here defending corruption.

You don't have to be insultive in making your point, I understand you're frustrated, but I'm sure I'm not th cause of your frustration, so take it easy my man.

Now, to the point about defending corruption. Have you heard the side of the Judges' story? Logic says there are at least two sides to a story and nothing can be decided until all sides are heard. Relax and let them defend themselves. The fact that you already think they're guilty is exactly the way government wants you to think.

P.s I don't support any political party, but I do love a football club with all my heart body and soul...Arsenal FC.

Have a nice day.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by fantosremit: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=Collins0609 post=50039067]Who all dis story help[/quote at the long run it shall help u and ur family even the whole country n the coming generation. I stand by d president to clean d judicial system for dis nation to move forward. May God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
amagunnerfan:
The same judiciary that has been diverting and preventing justice since when? Come on na, use your head. Learn to be honest finally.

How has the judiciary been diverting and preventing justice? Do you have any proof? Do you know the details of the cases before judges? Do you know all the evidence tendered by parties? If your answer to any of these questions is no, you're the one to use your head and know that you can't and shouldn't make any definitive statements without knowledge of all the facts.

Shalom
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by bigiyaro(m): 10:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Acheron:
Lies upon Lies.

Thread carefully Bubu.
blame ur tribalistic self.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by HQuadreal: 10:01am On Oct 09, 2016
menxer:

You are not banned, it's normal especially with mobile browsers.
So what the solution plz
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
Surfboard:

You don't have to be insultive in making your point, I understand you're frustrated, but I'm sure I'm not th cause of your frustration, so take it easy my man.

Now, to the point about defending corruption. Have you heard the side of the Judges' story? Logic says there are at least two sides to a story and nothing can be decided until all sides are heard. Relax and let them defend themselves. The fact that you already think they're guilty is exactly the way government wants you to think.

P.s I don't support any political party, but I do love a football club with all my heart body and soul...Arsenal FC.

Have a nice day.

Shut up... shut up..shut the eff up.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Surfboard(m): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2016
NgcoboP:

Shut up... shut up..shut the eff up.

Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by HQuadreal: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2016
menxer:

You are not banned, it's normal especially with mobile browsers.
What browser should I use then.
Re: Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=Surfboard post=50046669][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lucozade Nigeria Shades President Buhari In New Hilarious Ad / Moment Obasanjo Prostrated Before New Olowu Of Owu Land, Oba Matemilola (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha Delivers Nigeria's Best Police Command Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.