Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes (57741 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Asiwaju Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes. / Nigeria Using UK Aid To Persecute PMB's Political Foes Rather To Fight Boko Hara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2016
iconaus:

Good morning.

How far na?
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by jollymizzle(m): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

My dear. Wisdom is never for sale. We will never join the SW.
Now think, the north controls the legislature through their numbers, they control INEC, they have already taken control of the Judiciary and the security services, and their son is president. This isn't a time for a united South to fight them. If the south unites and loses in 2019, the south remains perpetual slaves. We would have ruined the south forever. And our generations will never forgive us.

Please, never contemplate joinning the SW. Not now when the judiciary and inec is with the north. Our chance to consolidate power in the south was 2015 and the yorubas sold out. Never join them o.
Actually I'm a Yoruba man grin. Now to the points you raised, we can either align now or do it later, power will move back to the south in maximum of 7 years so it's not about the south becoming 'perpetual slaves' as you put it. The question should not be if we should align, it should be why. Ask yourself that. You have your grouse against us, we'll we have against you too with every one of us claiming to be the one who was wronged. So I suggest you stop feeling aggrieved and look at the bigger picture

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nnamdikalu: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2016
fulanimafia:
Tinubu will take over South East politics come 2019 at this rate, to fill the vacuum of a political leader for the region.

Rochas & Obiano watch out.
MY INLAW grin grin
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2016
jollymizzle:

Actually I'm a Yoruba man grin. Now to the points you raised, we can either align now or do it later, power will move back to the south in maximum of 7 years so it's not about the south becoming 'perpetual slaves' as you put it. The question should not be if we should align, it should be why. Ask yourself that. You have your grouse against us, we'll we have against you too with every one of us claiming to be the one who was wronged. So I suggest you stop feeling aggrieved and look at the bigger picture

Am quite suprised that yaribas are now 'humble'. before now, oh, I would have been insulted. Chai, the Fulanis' are helpful o. Now the real questions are: Why do yaribas NOW want a Southern alliance? Why didn't they want it in 2015? These are the questions yaribas must answer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by emerged01(m): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2016
I said it! APC will fail 2019.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by olaskul(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2016
Just they imagine Tinubu and Fayose coming together in the south west, if APC allows this to happen then they are totally Finished.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nnamdikalu: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2016
sarrki:

I said children of hate and anger

Not referring to a particular tribe

With your definition you are not one of the two

So move on bro
Then who are the children of hate and anger?your yoruba brothers? Probably not,stop reasoning tribalistically,it's not good for your health.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by donephi(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Tinubu is still a learner, he went into marriage with the north against his kins men advise thinking he will conquer. Bisi Akande amongst other warned him but cos he was selfish, wanted glory for himself. GEJ is in otuoke not because he didn't know what to do to Tinubu but Becos he wanted to be clean, thats not same with PMB, this is the beginning of the end of Jagaban, don't be surprised Sarki will join PBM to deal with you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 09, 2016
ok

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nnamdikalu: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2016
Abeymills:
Yes it's gud wat is hapnin 2 tifnubu now am enjoying it dis 2 tel u dat buhari is a snake betrayal who is not intrested in d progres unity n peace of Nigeria only intrested in power
Please when Is the burial date fixed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by jollymizzle(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

Am quite suprised that yaribas are now 'humble'. before now, oh, I would have been insulted. Chai, the Fulanis' are helpful o. Now the real questions are: Why do yaribas NOW want a Southern alliance? Why didn't they want it in 2015? These are the questions yaribas must answer.
Lol u see yourself, I've been on this forum for a while and I try to avoid insulting people, it is not my thing as I hate unnecessary confrontations. But you are surprised because you think because I'm Yoruba I would automatically be bad mannered. What makes you think we don't think the same of you too. Why we didn't want it in 2015 wasn't because we hated the south. It was because the south was u fortunate to produce an ineffectual buffoon as president thereby robbing us collectively of huge development. You didn't ask why we supported him in 2010?and even before that. By the way the north still isn't as invincible as they look, they will still come to the south to look for votes in 2019,and latest by 2023 power will return to the south. We just need the south to be stronger politically . either in the sw/ss/se individually or together, but we all know which is better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by jollymizzle(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2016
shigothang:

Good I luv mature mind like u and not kids who don't know politics. There's is nothing like betrayal or any form anybody wanna call it . That's why its called politics . If you note ,the west supported GEJ firts term but rejected him during his second bid. GEJ had a very huge youthful poppullation that loved him in the west but took them for granted and played a bit of ethnic politics and allowed his foes to took the base from him .When Yaradua died ,it was in the west that pple rose in defence of GEJ(Save Nigeria Group,OBJ and Dora)in the west .Where were his brothers then and nobody didn't see that as loyalty but when they opposed his second bid it turned to betrayal from the west . Brother !even ,if the whole south follows candiate A ,and the North follows candidate B ,the North will still win the election. The whole of the North is more than the south. Northwest has the highest numbers of voters follOwed by the southwest ,while the East and the Southsouth are the lowest .So therefore ,even if the whole south vots for a candidate without the support of an element from the North ,the candidate goes nowhere .Have you ever thought of where could get such support from. ? Its the middlebelt but I don't think they are ready to face the challenge and the sacrifice cuz it will sure cost lives,though at a time in Nigeria's politics ,the west one sojourn to the Northeast for political alliance ,Bornu precisely. But I don't think that's possible for now . So southern brothers and sisters should know we have a common cause anda struggle to face . I pray we break the wall of jericho "Insha Allauh" Amen .
Chai see brain at work. Thumbs up to u smiley

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2016
Tinubu has the VP,Super Minister, FIRS etc still peeps think he is marginalized ...,The only thing that will satisfy him is if he pockets Nigeria they say he pockets Lagos., and that won't happen with Buhari.

To this thinking he made Buhari President please remember Buhari factor also made him National Politician from his previously Local champion of south West to National Champion.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by AntiWailer: 9:38am On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully

A united south can not defeat any north.

The voting power of the North can not be ignored.

It takes a tricky person like OBJ to negotiate power with them .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by SharkTank(m): 9:41am On Oct 09, 2016
fulanimafia:
Tinubu will take over South East politics come 2019 at this rate, to fill the vacuum of a political leader for the region.

Rochas & Obiano watch out.

After betraying the south south, you think we will just sweep that under the carpet. Some Yoruba people can talk rubbish sha

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by faaz24: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2016
ojdollars:

How old are you? Why spewing hatred all the time? I'm from Warri and my son is Yoruba. Can't you rally others for a common goal? Who hates the Yoruba's you think? This comment of yours is pathetic. I supported Tinubu and Buhari during the 2015 Election, I was up all night in N.Y counting the votes as they were being announced by INEC viz Channel's TV Online. This hatred I log on to Nairaland and read everyday, needs to stop and it begins with you.
Hate is what is pulling us back as a nation, we hate for no reason. The irony of it all is that the elites don't care, they are united in their pursuit of wealth and power to the detriment of the poor who passionately hate themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2016
shigothang:

Good I luv mature mind like u and not kids who don't know politics. There's is nothing like betrayal or any form anybody wanna call it . That's why its called politics . If you note ,the west supported GEJ firts term but rejected him during his second bid. GEJ had a very huge youthful poppullation that loved him in the west but took them for granted and played a bit of ethnic politics and allowed his foes to took the base from him .When Yaradua died ,it was in the west that pple rose in defence of GEJ(Save Nigeria Group,OBJ and Dora)in the west .Where were his brothers then and nobody didn't see that as loyalty but when they opposed his second bid it turned to betrayal from the west . Brother !even ,if the whole south follows candiate A ,and the North follows candidate B ,the North will still win the election. The whole of the North is more than the south. Northwest has the highest numbers of voters follOwed by the southwest ,while the East and the Southsouth are the lowest .So therefore ,even if the whole south vots for a candidate without the support of an element from the North ,the candidate goes nowhere .Have you ever thought of where could get such support from. ? Its the middlebelt but I don't think they are ready to face the challenge and the sacrifice cuz it will sure cost lives,though at a time in Nigeria's politics ,the west one sojourn to the Northeast for political alliance ,Bornu precisely. But I don't think that's possible for now . So southern brothers and sisters should know we have a common cause anda struggle to face . I pray we break the wall of jericho "Insha Allauh" Amen .

See yaribas are now humble. Chai....
Only the yaribas call us 5th class citizens right to our faces. The Northerners have never.
Only the Yaribas want us drowned in lagoon'.
Only the yaribas gang up to 'stifle' our progress.
Only the yaribas betray the South TWICE and now looking for another alliance. Even the biblical prodigal son betrayed only once and learned his lesson.
Only loudmouthed Yaribas insulted GEJ like he was a houseboy. The Northerners didn't throw insults.
A people so stupid that they never learn from history.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2016
ok
e.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by phreakabit(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2016
TLDR this BS
The SE will never work with back stabbers.
It's clear to see the SW is currently choking on humble pie and seeking emotional support from whoever cares to help.
You guys should take a glass of water to ease problems swallowing it.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2016
AntiWailer:

A unites south can not defeat any north.

It takes a save person like OBJ to negotiate power with them .

You are ignorant. There is no voting power in the north. Go and study the results of the 2011 and 2015 elections before coming here to display your ignorance.
In 2015, if you take away the 2million votew that SW gave buhari and add it to Jonathan's 13million. Jonathan would have gotten 15million and buhari's vote would drop to 13million. So jonathan would have won had the SW not sold out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Lionsclaw: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully
You are a joke. Lol how did GEJ dare him? Tinubu initially supported GEJ and jonathan tried to be friendly to all. If not for hate and your prejudice you will realize Tinubu decided to hate GEJ for no reason. Did you hear that they quarelled. Some people just talk anyhow. Nonesense

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2016
jollymizzle:

Lol u see yourself, I've been on this forum for a while and I try to avoid insulting people, it is not my thing as I hate unnecessary confrontations. But you are surprised because you think because I'm Yoruba I would automatically be bad mannered. What makes you think we don't think the same of you too. Why we didn't want it in 2015 wasn't because we hated the south. It was because the south was u fortunate to produce an ineffectual buffoon as president thereby robbing us collectively of huge development. You didn't ask why we supported him in 2010?and even before that. By the way the north still isn't as invincible as they look, they will still come to the south to look for votes in 2019,and latest by 2023 power will return to the south. We just need the south to be stronger politically . either in the sw/ss/se individually or together, but we all know which is better.

You are deceiving yourself. I can puncture this crap you wrote but its not worthwhile. The SS/SE will NOT join the SW. Enjoy your day.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by pedrilo: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
so now u knw u hav southern brothers? U r nt serious at all, better go bak and continue ur slavery in d hands of ur masters from d north. We dnt trust u guys one bit. #cameleon

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by jollymizzle(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2016
AntiWailer:

A united south can not defeat any north.

It takes a save person like OBJ to negotiate power with them .
The North too can't ignore the south, thanks to that clause in our electoral act. And BTW power will always move between both North and South. So no need to think of ourselves in the south as slaves. We should stop being too sensational. We think too low of ourselves it's crazy
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2016
one and only Nigerian political Messi grin grin
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2016
shigothang:

Thanks Bro . Let's keep up th good work and teach the kids not to insult but discussed extensively with facts and maturity for a brigther future.

Lol. See humility... The Fulanis' are very good for yarribas, I swear. Meanwhile, the humiliation has just started...

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by guywitzerogal(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]pls Jst go and sleep if u don't have any thing to say... Who are ur southern brother? Or u mean south west if that s it how many are u in south west cos u dare not called south south and south east ur brodas fuckinggggg betrayals

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2016
The current northern Political Leaders have figured out the Need the Middle belt morethan any part of the Country hence the support of New political leaders here
Have Bacher, (Adamawa) dogara (Bauchi) the likes of dalung and Gov Lalong of Plateau Gov. Ortom of Benue Yaya Belloof Kogi, soft landing for Saraki etc. All this are permutation against 2019 and beyond.

Northerners are good with political games the lessons of 2011 is still fresh in them

jollymizzle:
Chai see brain at work. Thumbs up to u smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by mazifrankmore: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2016
shigothang:

you are intelligent I must confess!

My problem is that it will be very challenging to convince an average Igbo man to form an alliance with west.
What south should unite now and fight for is regionalism or real federalism,because I don't see united south defeating north in 2019 election.

Jonathan era should have been the best opportunity to tell north that the entire south are not slaves but,we buckled it because of greed,tribalism and politics of hate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by SharkTank(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2016
ivandragon:

hmm...

you do not cut your nose to spite your face...

if we all continue to fold our arms because its now affecting the 'neighbour', the Fulanis will pick the south off one after the other.

for me, I have no issues with BAT pitching his tent with the conservatives, it was the viciousness backed up with lies with which his media machinery employed that I found offensive.

however, its time to change tactics.

most of those in the SW that support PMB do so because of BAT.

When you guys were insulting the biggest politician from the south south and Best president Nigeria ever produced. Calling him all sort of demeaning names, you didn't know you are cutting your nose to spite your face. Yoruba are true political prostitutes. Now you want to betray the north too? Treachery is truly in your DNA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Porthos: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

Which united South. You must be Dreaming. the SS/SE will never work with SW. We will rather work with the North. In fact, Nigeria really belongs to the East+North.
When the colonialists were leaving, they balanced power by giving the President to Azikiwe; PM to Tafawa Balewa, Army GOC to Ironsi.
The SW were never in national politics, they were regional players and social critics. The balance of power was altered due to the coup and war. The East lost out and the SW took its place. This explains why the SW were very mad at Jonathan for resurrecting the East. They were hoping to retain the North+West balance of power; hence their 2015 betrayal of the South. Unfortunately and judging from History, Yorubas have never lasted at the centre. They cannot match the North, mind for mind. Only the Easterners can and the Northerners know this.

Thus, there will be no Southern alliance in 2019. The North will destroy the West as always and they will return to the East. The North+ East balance of power will be Restored PERMANENTLY and the SW will live in eternal regret. They have the media and mouth-power to continue their role as social critics.

you better desist from this stupid attitude & name calling.You have all the time to check history just to instill hate amongst ourselves. I am from SS, Warri to be precise but, I tell you these comments are why Ibos are not in power today & not the coup. If they are half as sensible as you claim, they will seize this opportunity to hold better seats in the country. The south south needs to unite. I pray for one Nigeria only if the North can realize that we are one Nigeria. They have for long used our hatred of our sw, ss and se brothers against us. Be wise man.... ibos will not go anywhere with this silly behavior you guys put up every time. The yorubas have made some mistakes too but, isn't it time we let go of the past already? I would love an IBO man to rule anyway.... they are somewhat industrious and I believe they are the ones that will pull this country up although the brains & collective efforts of yorubas, hausas & other tribes will be a weapon. And just so we are clear, I am not an IBO ; I am itsekiri...... I just gave my thoughts. thanks

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ivandragon: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The SW was warned but they betrayed the rest of the southeast to bring in alimi claiming sophistication. They must suffer the consequences of their action

I understand your position & THOSE LEADERS in the SW that sold the PMB candidacy to the rest of the SW will pay a heavy price.

but we must also acknowledge the fact that a large number of people in the SW actually voted for the PDP & as such, it will be futile to throw away the baby with the bath water.

for instance, it doesn't matter if you did not vote for PMB, today all Nigerians have to live with the consequences, but that does not mean all Nigerians should continue to suffer for the sins of a few.

out of about 50m residents in the SW, less than 10% voted...

so blaming the whole region is quite a stretch don't you think?...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers / Farouk Adamu: "The Oil Belongs To Jigawa, We'll Use Our Blood To Protect It" / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At Soludo’s 2nd Anniversary And Slap Saga Event (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.