Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes (57742 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Asiwaju Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes. / Nigeria Using UK Aid To Persecute PMB's Political Foes Rather To Fight Boko Hara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by donephi(m): 9:56am On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=shigothang post=50045876]

Brother !even ,if the whole south follows candiate A ,and the North follows candidate B ,the North will still win the election. The whole of the North is more than the south. Northwest has the highest numbers of voters follOwed by the southwest ,while the East and the Southsouth are the lowest .So therefore ,even if the whole south vots for a candidate without the support of an element from the North ,the candidate goes nowhere .Have you ever thought of where could get such support from. ? Its the middlebelt but I don't think they are ready to face the challenge and the sacrifice cuz it will sure cost lives,though at a time in Nigeria's politics ,the west one sojourn to the Northeast for political alliance ,Bornu precisely. But I don't think that's possible for now . So southern brothers and sisters should know we have a common cause anda struggle to face . I pray we break the wall of jericho "Insha Allauh" Amen .[/quote
I disagree at the bolded, if you've lived in the north, you should know they are also divided beginning with KD, Bauchi, Yobe, Taraba, Borno, Adamawa, then come down to the north central states, apart from Niger and Nassarawa, every other state are pro-south than south which I had think the southern states will come together because we are too myopic, selfish, tribalistic and move around with unforgiven spirit. The south has every arsenals they need to bring the north to a standstill. Funny enough, we are our own enemies.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by pedrilo: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2016
Hahahahah I knew SW will pay costly for betraying the south in d last general elections. If Buhari decides to drop osinbajo and pick an igbo man as VP, then it's a done deal!

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by SharkTank(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
you are intelligent I must confess!

My problem is that it will be very challenging to convince an average Igbo man to form an alliance with west.
What south should unite now and fight for is regionalism or real federalism,because I don't see united south defeating north in 2019 election.

Jonathan era should have been the best opportunity to tell north that the entire south are not slaves but,we buckled it because of greed,tribalism and politics of hate.

Now that you have been humbled, you suddenly realize there is a need for the south to unite against the north. The best opportunity for the south to show the North a united front was in the 2015 election when a southern son was at the helm if affairs but you sold out

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by luvmijeje(f): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Wow! I won't be surprise to hear Obasanjo is backing the President on this issue.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by CSTR2: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2016
/

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ivandragon: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2016
Porthos:

you better desist from this stupid attitude & name calling.You have all the time to check history just to instill hate amongst ourselves. I am from SS, Warri to be precise but, I tell you these comments are why Ibos are not in power today & not the coup. If they are half as sensible as you claim, they will seize this opportunity to hold better seats in the country. The south south needs to unite. I pray for one Nigeria only if the North can realize that we are one Nigeria. They have for long used our hatred of our sw, ss and se brothers against us. Be wise man.... ibos will not go anywhere with this silly behavior you guys put up every time. The yorubas have made some mistakes too but, isn't it time we let go of the past already? I would love an IBO man to rule anyway.... they are somewhat industrious and I believe they are the ones that will pull this country up although the brains & collective efforts of yorubas, hausas & other tribes will be a weapon. And just so we are clear, I am not an IBO ; I am itsekiri...... I just gave my thoughts. thanks

on point!

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by SharkTank(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=donephi post=50046408][/quote]

You think the north central will go with the Fulani and Hausa blood suckers if the south unites?

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by CSTR2: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2016
pedrilo:
Hahahahah I knew SW will pay costly for betraying the south in d last general elections. If Buhari decides to drop osinbajo and pick an igbo man as VP, then it's a done deal!
If Obiano or Peter OBi decamps to APC, it could be very feasible.
Infact, I think we need some sound Igbo politicians in APC right now. There is feast to be had. cheesy

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by mazifrankmore: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
Never underestimate elderly advice.
Tinubu was warned by his elders but he failed to listen

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by donephi(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
SharkTank:

You think the north central will go with the Fulani and Hausa blood suckers if the south unites?
Not at all, the north central is also looking for liberation. Only when the south put head together, its a far cry for them.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by SharkTank(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2016
shigothang:

This is not ben humble but fact . Scroll through my post I don't care abotu any fucking southern alliance .The west can still play regional politics .The truth is that we all have a bit of tribal sentiments in us . What you don't know ois thjat ,the North fears the West bcuz of their retructuring policy(regional agenda)which has refuse to die. They will never allow a Westerners with full Yoruba agenda to control Abuja ,that's why Tinubu cant be trusted .Once he controls the party at the federal level he will influence some western agenda to liberate the West and the whole south in genaral and they knew it . They are at advange due to the british design . He's not a fool he tried but they counter him bcuz the design already counter any souther agitation . We ve to keep trying till we win .

You don't care about southern unity, but all your
Yoruba siblings do and if you are honest to yourself, you know that is your only option

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by SharkTank(m): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2016
donephi:

Not at all, the north central is also looking for liberation. Only when the south put head together, its a far cry for them.

If the south west support a south east president, the south will be united

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by mazifrankmore: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2016
luvmijeje:
Wow! I won't be surprise to hear Obasanjo is backing the President on this issue.
waow this your post got me thinking!
You must be a very smart lady.I want to marry someone like you, how do I go about it? Lol.am serious dear

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2016
ivandragon:

I understand your position & THOSE LEADERS in the SW that sold the PMB candidacy to the rest of the SW will pay a heavy price.

but we must also acknowledge the fact that[b] a large number of people in the SW actually voted for the PDP[/b] & as such, it will be futile to throw away the baby with the bath water.

for instance, it doesn't matter if you did not vote for PMB, today all Nigerians have to live with the consequences, but that does not mean all Nigerians should continue to suffer for the sins of a few.

out of about 50m residents in the SW, less than 10% voted...

so blaming the whole region is quite a stretch don't you think?...

For the records, In 2015, the 45% votes Jonathan got from the SW are Igbo votes and SS votes. They are NOT yoariba votes. Lagos is a typical example where all igbos voted pdp; that is why the oba threatened. Ibadan is another example where all igbos in Ibadan voted pdp. Stop claiming that your Yoruba people voted the same man they were desperate to pull down.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Miles300: 10:07am On Oct 09, 2016
Abeg 170million people are cryin for good governance nigeria is beyond one man, not hating tinubu .. That's politics for u everyone has it's interest at hand ...all we are saying is NIGERIA to be on the right path to prosperity , and not all this tinubu brouhaha , if his tired of been shown disrespect he should get another party or form another alliance , nigeria is beyond one man"s interest ..
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2016
fulanimafia:
Tinubu will take over South East politics come 2019 at this rate, to fill the vacuum of a political leader for the region.

Rochas & Obiano watch out.
Easterners don't particularly follow one man to heaven or hell. Unless you are seen as a warrior, when I say warrior mean battle field warrior not the types of Kanu and co that uses their mouth to confuse themselves.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ivandragon: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2016
SharkTank:

When you guys were insulting the biggest politician from the south south and Best president Nigeria ever produced. Calling him all sort of demeaning names, you didn't know you are cutting your nose to spite your face. Yoruba are true political prostitutes. Now you want to betray the north too? Treachery is truly in your DNA

lol...

you are a very myopic dolt!

first off, you have no idea which part of the south I come from.

secondly, you are obviously a very shallow person because a very 'lazy' history check would have revealed to you my sympathetic affiliations...

thirdly, only the core North can boast of being forthright when it comes to their own interest. every tribe in the south has its share of back stabbers...

fourthly, its all about common interest. if the SS/SE decide to work with the core north to spite the SW, it means the SS/SE will simply become the new b!tch of the core North, no more, no less because the North never deals on equal footing! never!

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by luvmijeje(f): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
You must be a very smart lady.I want to marry someone like you, how do I go about it? Lol.am serious dear

Seriously, the Presidency will not dare Tinubu if he doesn't have someone with the same clout as Tinubu in the Southwest. The only person I can think of is Obasanjo.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by okwudiriokoro(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
sarrki:

I said children of hate and anger

Not referring to a particular tribe

With your definition you are not one of the two

So move on bro
v been watch u tho,u always type as if ur life depended on dos sh+ts. neva sayin smtin positiv
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by mazifrankmore: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
SharkTank:

Now that you have been humbled, you suddenly realize there is a need for the south to unite against the north. The best opportunity for the south to show the North a united front was in the 2015 election when a southern son was at the helm if affairs but you sold out
nwanne am pure igbo man with MAZI as title.lol.

Am just trying to reason along with the guy nothing more.
I must confess yerubas really goofed during the last election but nevertheless,an enemy of my enemy is my enemy, my only worry is that yerubas can't be trusted on this southern unity.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by flokii: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
Just look at comments from d same set of people calling out yorubas for teaming up with the North..

They will readily support the North if they get VP slot.. The same North that massacre them from time to time. It must really suck to be them honestly.. Tufia!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by donephi(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2016
SharkTank:

If the south west support a south east president, the south will be united
I don't see that happening, even if the SW does that and the SE succeeds, the will remind them of their betrayal during the Biafrian War. We are never thought of forgiveness in the country, until our mentality and mindset change, we will all be in this lane forever maybe. Alot needs to be un-learnt.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by flokii: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
nwanne am pure igbo man with MAZI as title.lol.

Am just trying to reason along with the guy nothing more.
I must confess yerubas really goofed during the last election but nevertheless,an enemy of my enemy is my enemy, my only worry is that yerubas can't be trusted on this southern unity.

yorubas will never team up with the East.. don't flatter urselves here. The 2015 elections already made that clear

And I hope you wnt expect support for any Eastern candidate from SW cos it won't happen.. The only period you guys had to shine was 2015 elections and it is gone for good. your candidate lost, the entire SE lost.

your people even earned the tag "5%", such cool feat I must confess... Now ur region will remain stagnant, only those able to loot during GEJ will enjoy their lives with their families.

Keep hating everywhere, yorubas dnt care

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by bennyann: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2016
“We won’t be surprised if the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission wakes up tomorrow to say they are probing Tinubu or his associates. They may even send the Department of State Services after him because that is the step the Buhari government has taken against all their perceived enemies. Asiwaju knows that they may come for him.”

Hmmm, is this not like an evidence associating APC with witch hunting?

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Olumoze(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2016
I don't like you post, I LOVE IT!

patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by booblacain(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2016
The chieftain said, “Baba Akande didn’t like the idea of teaming up with the North. He had advised that the APC should concentrate on the South-West and seek ways to
develop it massively

The bolded is exactly what Tinubu would have done if he really care about his people and saw himself as their leader.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ivandragon: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

For the records, In 2015, the 45% votes Jonathan got from the SW are Igbo votes and SS votes. They are NOT yoariba votes. Lagos is a typical example where all igbos voted pdp; that is why the oba threatened. Ibadan is another example where all igbos in Ibadan voted pdp. Stop claiming that your Yoruba people voted the same man they were desperate to pull down.

so the votes in Ekiti & Ondo (over 500,000 votes) were also Ibo votes?

come on, you don't even know where am from.

in the run up to the 2003 PDP presidential primaries, Ekwueme had a very realistic shot at winning the ticket.

guess the people that went behind to scuttle the chance? the PDP governors from the SE. in fact, the were the ones who even sold the idea of Atiku contesting the primaries before OBJ was able to assuage the ambition of Atiku.

so, sometimes, before we point to the speck in another person's eye, let's ensure we have no log in ours...

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by petomas(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
<b>Lolz, sister run for your dear life. This can't be a serious love, I'm a guy also and we know ourselves</b>

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by mazifrankmore: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2016
flokii:

yorubas will never team up with the East.. don't flatter urselves here. The 2015 elections already made that clear

And I hope you wnt expect support for any Eastern candidate from SW cos it won't happen.. The only period you guys had to shine was 2015 elections and it is gone for good. your candidate lost, the entire SE lost.
you can tell that to your brothers who are calling for southern unity now that your jagabandict has been jagabanned.

Ndi ara forming smart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers / Farouk Adamu: "The Oil Belongs To Jigawa, We'll Use Our Blood To Protect It" / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58