Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) (22532 Views)

The Webmaster Board Of Nairaland Is Kind Of Too Dull / I Need Help Of Nairaland Webmasters. / A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by ycat: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Award for tribalism.

A better alternative forum free of tribalism is in the works, where we can actually discuss politics with peace of mind. Where any comment that instigates ethnic bashing is removed before it hits the board. Where FrontPage will be free of trash and only people who love tribalism will remain in nairaland soon.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by kings09(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Congrats
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Is not Easy, Congrat. Bairaland very educative ,Entertaining and Elightement forum .Why them carry my matter give Linda ikeji shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Jacko1(m): 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seum d pariah

Go and collect ur awards

U for kuku dey wear mask lik lagbaja

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
DrRasheed:
Despite having 1.6 million members, it's very rare getting a post with 1000 thousand likes.

There are users with more than 10 accounts.

Flat.ties and cone heads fight on Nairaland every second. Nairaland would go on admin if erosion ravaged people and rusty brown roof people stop their beefing...meaning that Seun will keep making money till the end of time cos everyday a bigot is born. Non bigots will visit Nairaland and get initiated.

Tribalism pays.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by fineboynl(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
seun will be politicise if he keep showing his face. the DSS and other security agent will be a look out for him. that what most naira land people don't understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by MrOdyssey(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Congratulations OP.. Seun you better show your face abi you be ghost?. even Secret service agents sef never dey diz secretive, haba!.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Btruth: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who AlexReports epp?
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Ademat7(m): 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun osewa a personality of influence
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Tobitrueman(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
AlexReports:
The lessons global village taught us in school then, sounded like a myriad to a lot of us but today we celebrate the closeness platforms like Nairaland has presented to us to interact with people across international boundaries within an online portal. Rated the biggest and most visited platform in Africa, Nai‎raland came to reality in 2005 after years handwork that showed the perfect interpretation " from conception to completion"

Last year,  Nairaland was honoured at the Nigerian Customer Service Award ‎as Best Blog Company of the Year 2015. The logo of Naira sign was on the backdrop and red carpet, so I expected Mr Seun or one of the moderators to come out to receive it but no one did. On informing the organisers after the event, that i was a nairalander - AlexReports, they were excited and planned on the presentation in Abuja. The Nigeria Customer service last year was supported by Konga.com and DHL while the 2016 edition held last week was powered by Bank of Industry. 

See some overwheling opinionated facts about ‎nairaland below

> It Has The Highest Google Presence In Africa As Indigenous webSite

> It Is The Most Visited Indigenous Platform In Nigeria

> Only Google, Facebook, LinkedIn Or Yahoo Are Foreign Sites That Are Higher In Viewership than Nairaland

> Over 1000 Stories Are Posted Daily On The Site But About 100 Topics Make Front Page In A Day

> Not All Nairalander's ( I.e those with Account) Stories make Headline

> Any Story On Nairaland that Make Front Page (Headline) Is Viewed By Over 50 Countries

>There Are Few Super Moderators And Moderators That Can Influence Or Select Stories That Make Front Page

> 70% Of Stories On Headline Are Copied Freely By Other Blogs that Make it Go Viral

> Nairaland Has Been In Existence Since 2005 As No One Can Attest Of Knowing The Owner " Seun" who Is always behind the Scene

> 80 % Of Bloggers Have Accounts On Nairaland but Very Few Have Access To FrontPage Privilege

> Notable Nigerians and Top Government Officials Constantly Visit Nairaland Every day.

> There Are Several reactions On Nairaland Which Attract about 1000 comments in A Single Headline Post

> Only AlexReports Has Received Award On Behalf Of Nairaland At Nigeria Customer Service Award Last Year " Best Online Company of The Year 2015

>A Nairalander Risk The Possibility of Been Banned For Spamming i.e posting stories on different Comment Sections

>There Are Over 1.6Million Nairaland Members Who Post Stories Worldwide

> Nairaland Dwells More On Stories That Attract Traffic Which Makes Hitting Headline Competitive.

>There Are Defined Advert Sections On Nairaland Which Are Paid For with Banner sizes and Payment Durations

>Nairaland Has Over 40 Topic Sections For Stories That Are Usually Moved To FrontPage.

> It Remains The Biggest Interactive Online Platform In Africa That Gives You All Details About Nigeria

>AlexReports as Nairalander has spoken on popular Nancy Ilo "Money Show" on AIT with Reruns (playbacks) Where he discussed about " Internet Economy In Nigeria" with Nairaland as his case Study.

>Finally, Nairaland is only among selected platforms that are internet friendly especially templete and data consumption

IG @alexreports

Up up forever. #NairalanderAndProud.
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by funnynation(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nairaland is keeping it 100. I love this forum.. Seun is billionaire yet he barely talk. No wonder they said that there is a level of money you make, it wil block your voice.

*Nairaland official comedian*
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by resultcase(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
And why is this in d Webmasters section?
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
Notable Nigerians and Top Government Officials Constantly Visit Nairaland Every day.

Chai! I won't talk cry
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
DrRasheed:
Despite having 1.6 million members, it's very rare getting a post with 1000 thousand likes.

Because the numbers are not real, this is why most brands dont advertise here: most people have 15 or 16 accounts,

Also buying power here is very low

Nairaland isn't making money

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
pendusky:
Nairaland was considered a poo especially with its looks few years back, u couldn't register account until 2009. Seun unlike Linda Ikeji is making millions but not out of its nest, I like his personality. more grace Nairaland, I benefit alots from this forum.

Low buying power of members

cloned accounts most people have an average of 5- 15 accounts

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by EyeofHorus: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
AlexReports:
Pictures of last year event
cheesy I see Eben! grin
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
ycat:
Award for tribalism.

A better alternative forum free of tribalism is in the works, where we can actually discuss politics with peace of mind. Where any comment that instigates ethnic bashing is removed before it hits the board. Where FrontPage will be free of trash and only people who loves tribalism will remain in nairaland soon.

Members have low buying power= less than 2% of members have real buying power

Too many cloned accounts, iin reality real members are probably less than 200k, i joined here 2005 i have over 100 accounts, most people have over 10 accounts.

Brands avoid here because of the following: Tribalism, traibal bashing, religious hate comments, poor moderation, weak content delivery methods and cloned accounts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by gozmok1(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
NAIRALAND HOME OF TRIBALIST
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by sinkhole: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chai, na like this, this "ajepako" boy go chop Seun's award money angry omo Ibo and money sha grin
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
dis alex guy keeps milking off the glory of nairaland. anyways as the owner no wan take credit for hin work, someone responsible has to rise up to the occasion.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by freeman95(m): 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
to be honest
i love nairaland

number one boredom killer
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by frubben(m): 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Congratulobia to nairaland. It ain't easy
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
lestat:

Too many cloned accounts, iin reality real members are probably less than 200k, i joined here 2005 i have over 100 accounts, most people have over 10 accounts.

Brands avoid here because of the following: Tribalism, traibal bashing, religious hate comments, poor moderation, weak content delivery methods and cloned accounts
well those to blame are the crop of people who grace the page to jst say whatever comes off the top of their minds even tho it doesnt makesense. u see many of them with ridiculous username and u get to wonder their level of sanity. its too bad as most of them are active nairaland members as there will be only few sane people to patronize products advertised by companies.
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by tonaydo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
are you sure that you are not seun? undecided
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Habiodunz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
I visit NL just to be bashed or to just bash....and thats what makes it fun

If your never experience those 2 things,Omo you are still an anonymous user over here and you still dey for #LongThing grin

NAIRALAND RULE 001: Bash or be Bashed !! 8-)
#SayMyName

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by franugo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
pendusky:
Nairaland was considered a poo especially with its looks few years back, u couldn't register account until 2009. Seun unlike Linda Ikeji is making millions but not out of its nest, I like his personality. more grace Nairaland, I benefit alots from this forum.

why bring miss ikeji into this? U people will not respect urselves o, be criticising everything na, mr criticundecided

4 chisos' sake, seun does not need to be visible obviously, infact being behind d scene is an advantage as it projects an air of mystery around him, which coupled with d fame of NL makes 4 an enjoyable n productive marriage.

The analogy up there isn't d same with linda. She has to be visible to get her news,..of course it doesn't hurt dt she does love d famegrin don't see why she should be villified 4 liking being in d spotlight, to each his/her own
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Iseoluwani: 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
Watching the lies

Viewed by 50 countries

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by ycat: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
Right, but it's not been easy shopping to get something started especially if you don't have silicon valley kind of money to splash on it.
lestat:

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Surplus90(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
it still baffles me why seun don't like making public appearances.... Nairaland is no longer just a forum or a website....it has become a brand which needs A FACE to be associated with it....nairaland is an entrepreneurial success story that needs to be told....Seun come out and inspire other young NETpreneurs....
stop hiding in ur village....its selfish from my point of view....

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by jbaby265(f): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
congrat nairaland
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Sard(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Iseoluwani:
Watching the lies

Viewed by 50 countries
Nigerians are scattered abroad, so it's safe to say Nairaland is viewed in more than 50 countries.

As for those complaining about the tribalism and incessant fights; those are the things that are keeping the website going because they generate arguments. Even go to Facebook, and you'll notice that most posts with lots of comments (apart from the regular "girl praising" posts that Nigerian guys like) are all about arguing about one thing or the other.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by kilokeys(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
DrRasheed:

i hv hit 900 on a single post..

hv 30,000+ likes under my belt..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) / Becoming A Web Designer / Court Of Appeal Website Hacked After Shiites' Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.