Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? (6448 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by ccollins(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2009
All our righteousness and goodness are like filthy rags b4 the Almighty God.so salvation of Jesus is the only way ur good works can please God.if u are a loving and kind person,the light of God can not shine on that person because He that knoweth not Jesus knoweth not the Father(GOD).ALL UR GOOD WORKS ARE VAIN WITHOUT FAITH iN Him( JOHN 3 VRS 36)
Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by donnie(m): 11:47pm On Oct 25, 2009
. . . And that is why the wolf/child of satan called KunleOsob (posing in sheep clothing as christian) will continue to post ignorance such as this all around nairaland:

Besides belief in Jesus could also be interpreted to mean belief in his gospel which was essentially Love to God and Love to fellow men whcu can be practicalized by living a good life. As you may be unaware there are a good number of translation errors in the bible which have vastly affected doctrine today.

And what about God's love for us which necessitated His sending his only begotten son to die? Until that is understood, and humbly aceepted as ultimate truth, while you personally declare his Lordship over your life, recieving  from Him eternal life, His own very life and nature into your Spirit, you will never know salvation or peace, let alone how to love Him or your fellow men.

I thought for a moment; why is it so difficult for you to see or speak the truth? .  . . The answer came. . . you are not of the truth. Then these scriptures:

Matt 13:14-15:
14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive; 
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.' 
NKJV

That is why we will keep praying for you that God will have mercy on you and that by his grace your may find salvation and rest for your soul.

There will be no salvation where the power of God's Spirit is absent. It is the Spirit that moves believers to pray for lost souls. That is why men of God who have led many to salvation are also known to be men of deep prayer and intecession who know how to cry before  the Lord for the lost.
Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by justcool(m): 1:38am On Oct 26, 2009
@donnie

So you are so sure of your own salvation. You feel so sure of your salvation because you believe that Jesus was crucified for your sins; so you pity the likes of KunleOshob who you called the child of Satan just because he does not believe in your illusory justification by belief in Jesus' Crucifixion.

To the likes of you, who are so confident of their own salvation and look down on everybody else, the bible told this parable: 

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself:  ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men — robbers, evildoers, adulterers — or even like this tax collector.  I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance.  He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God.  For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
(Luke 18:9-14)

You sound like the Pharisee in the parable. You better stand perpetually in humble supplication to God so that you may be given the strength to overcome yourself. Don't remain in your atitude of spiritual superiority and don't look down on others. Be careful, that day you may see KunleOshob allowed into paradise while you are denied entrance.

Thanks
Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by donnie(m): 11:03am On Oct 28, 2009
If you are  not sure of your own salvation now, then like Kunle, you too are lost!

That is why we are commanded to examine oursselves whether we be in the faith.

What you are offended at is not pride but my conviction in what i believe.

True humility is submitting your self to the simplicity of the gospel without trying to think that you could have by any means saved yourself apart from Christ's

work of salvation on the cross. It is by that same grace and the power of the Holy Spirit that we are kept pure to the end. Love will necessarily flow from a heart that is full of the presence of God's Spirit.

Rom 5:5
5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
NKJV

You dont struggle to keep commandments or to please God with good works. It is your nature to do righteousness if you are born again!

There is a Spirit we have within us that is our constant assurance of his ownership over our lives and also for  the redemption of our bodies at the rapture.

It is not by chance or by luck so be warned.
Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by noetic16(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2010
whata thread!!!
Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by Gunnaz007: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2010
[size=16pt]Acts 4:10-12

10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12. NEITHER IS THERE SALVATION IN ANY OTHER: FOR THERE IS NONE OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN AMONG MEN, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED.
[/size]

THERE IS NO SHORT-CUT (GOOD DEEDS, YET STILL REJECTING CHRIST JESUS AS LORD, GOD AND SAVIOUR OF MANKIND) TO HEAVEN;

MY FRIENDS, AVOID THAT WIDE GATE THAT LEADS TO DISTRUCTION (THE LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL THAT ALL RELIGIONS AND BELIEVES LEADS TO GOD), AND ENTER INTO THE NARROW GATE (THE LORD JESUS CHRIST) THAT LEADS TO LIFE ETERNAL!!!!

FOR JESUS IS THE (DEFINITE ARTICLE) WAY, THE (DEFINITE ARTICLE) TRUTH, AND THE (DEFINITE ARTICLE) LIFE!!!!! ---- JOHN 14:6
Re: Did Jesus Teach That Good Unbelievers Can Go To Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
@ Donnie .

donnie:

If you are not sure of your own salvation now, then like Kunle, you too are lost!

They are simply religious people who thought they knew something. You have relly tried , All these just reveal we have much work to do in the teaching of the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Defined; The Faith Is Electromagnetic Not Christianic / If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born / Obedience and church work!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.