Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr (19168 Views)

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / 2018 World Cup: Rohr Warns Girls Not To Visit Super Eagles Players / Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Menzy86(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
Akinwerndey:
If we want to qualify, Omerou and Elderson should be on the bench o.... Onazi should be dropped completely and John Ogu should pair mikel in the midfield.
Onazi shld b dropped completely? Did we watch d same match? I watched d second half of dat match n Onazi made at least 4 interceptions and won d ball another three times at least! I totally agree wit u on d useless omeruo n whoever dat right back is. Echiejile has always been crap. Beats me hw he still starts for Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
P0intBlank:

If we were to get 11 points, the only team that could amass 15pts would be Zambia. Which is very unlikely. That would mean Zambia beating Algeria and Cameroon Home and Away.
Y'all getting it wrong. all I'm saying is, it possible for two team to bag 11pts
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by funnynation(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Franchise21:
Lol. What has recession got to do with yhu being funny? grin

i know say u dey think of many things now.. For u to laf go hard.. Recession don chop ur pancrease hard..

*nairaland official comedian*

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by chinchum(m): 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
I think it is better, we start pressing calculator early. winning all the three home games will almost seal it, that would be 12 points in total. Beating Algeria in our next game will almost knock Algeria out of the way, since we will extend the lead in points over Algeria to 5. Should in case Cameron and Zambia play a draw in the second of 6 group games, we will also be leading Cameroon by 4 and Zambia by 5. We will be somewhat in a comfortable spot and play with less pressure in our remaining 4 games (12 points at stake) . getting 7 out of the 12 points at stake will be just ok by my estimation.

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Franchise21(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
funnynation:

i know say u dey think of many things now.. For u to laf go hard.. Recession don chop ur pancrease hard..

*nairaland official comedian*
Lol... And wat makes u think I'm presently in Nigeria? tongue
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by OOOS: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
No team can get 13 out of 18 points from Naija group. It's one of the toughest if not the toughest group. I think 11 points would do the magic. The coach must have done his calculation.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by funnynation(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Franchise21:
Lol... And wat makes u think I'm presently in Nigeria? tongue

u fit dey naija formal or informal, i mean directly or indirectly.. Since ur relation dey dis country... My broda 4gerit.. Dey go channel all dia vex and complain 2u wey dey abroad and u go take part frm d recession... Egbon?

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Icon79(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
jerrythafinisher:
I don't think 11 point can guarantee a world cup ticket, what if any team in group wins all their remaining matches? I think a minimum of 13 point is good to go.

Let's just hope that he meant 11 additional points. That's all I can say for now.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Franchise21(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
funnynation:

u fit dey naija formal or informal, i mean directly or indirectly.. Since ur relation dey dis country... My broda 4gerit.. Dey go channel all dia vex and complain 2u wey dey abroad and u go take part frm d recession... Egbon?
Lol... Now, u re a lil bit funny grin

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by funnynation(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Franchise21:
Lol... Now, u re a lil bit funny grin

thank u.. Make we leave am like dis..as u don say i funny small na Godwin! Enjoy the rest of ur day or night depending where u dey..
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by elampiro(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2016

Why do we use Uyo instead of Abuja with a better pitch? Our home matches should be moved to Abuja. I also see our players struggling to control the ball in the Uyo pitch.

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by ahamonyeka(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
I rather this jersey than That green with white lube that looks like the one I used in my secondary school for principal's cup.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Franchise21(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
funnynation:

thank u.. Make we leave am like dis..as u don say i funny small na Godwin! Enjoy the rest of ur day or night depending where u dey..
Lol. I'm where u are grin
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by okechukwu101: 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Akinwerndey:
onazi wey dey move out of position?
onazi was as mobile as ngolo Kante just like the game against France in our last world cup. He assisted the defence

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by VictorRomanov: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
P0intBlank:

Is that what he (Rohr) said or is that what you hope he said?

By implication, what he said.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by ebonytarki(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
jerrythafinisher:
I don't think 11 point can guarantee a world cup ticket, what if any team in group wins all their remaining matches? I think a minimum of 13 point is good to go.
u be coach?
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Icon79(m): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Folks, let's stop this useless argument. Right now, the only magic number we need to qualify is 17 points - everything else is mathematical.

We can qualify with 11 points depending on how the other matches in the group pans out. My only advice to Rohr and the team is: target to win all your matches and leave the mathematical equations out of it.

O pari

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by 1miccza: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
obawaleobaking:
I think we need 13 point to qualify. All we need is to win all our home game and draw one away game. Because if any team in our group win 4 out of remaining 5 game it will be difficult for us to qualify. But 3home win and a draw outside is enough for us to make to world Cup with our point now

There's no crime against winning all our games..

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by treasuremi1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Win all the home matches and u r on ur way to the next world cup. Forget Calculus
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by treasuremi1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
But that defence still needs some serious "padding".
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by gemale(m): 12:16am On Oct 12, 2016
Zceesneh:
onazi? Onazi was better than mikel against zambia, u didn't watch the match at all shocked
I thought I was d only 1 dt noticed. Mikel was supposed 2 b our link btw onazi (DM) & iheanacho (AM) & he failed 2 do dt either by running d ball or using long, accurate passes in2 space 4 pacy players lyk Moses Simon & ideye. He only did dt 2ice in d game. D 1st tym led 2 iheanacho's goal (his only clear-cut chance). D 2nd led 2 a shot on target taken by mikel himself dt was parried by d Zambian keeper. Most of our attack came 4rm d wings wt iwobi leading d charge. Moses Simon was also nt so efficient because he made numerous blunders in d final 3rd & attempted unsuccessfully 2 play 2 d gallery. His pace & power hweva kept his match up on d back foot.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by gemale(m): 12:39am On Oct 12, 2016
E b lyk say Rohr get F9 4 maths when im dey skul. Even 4 uefa champions League wey 2 teams dey qualify 4 grp stage, a team needs 12 points 2 qualify safely, which sef isn't 100% sure. Who still rmbrs d yr when arsenal, dortmund & Napoli were tied @ 12 points each? Napoli didn't qualify due 2 inferior goal difference. In ds world cup qualifiers, it's only d winner of D group dt qualifies & u tnk 11 points out of an available 18 wld gv u automatic qualification? Does he know dt either Algeria or Cameroon can finish wt 16 points & Zambia wt 15 points shld any of dem win all their remaining games? Ds statement makes him seem lyk a mediocre. Y cnt he aim 2 go 4 d max 18 points or even 16 or 14? He's aiming 2 lose 2 matches & draw 1. If dts his game plan, he shld kuku resign nw so dt som1 else dt wants 2 achieve more can step in. @ least we still hv small tym b4 we play Algeria 4 d new guy 2 settle in. Rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by gemale(m): 12:59am On Oct 12, 2016
JUBILEE2000:

Infact you took those words out of my mouth. Omeruo, Elderson, and the young man that played right full back on Sunday have no business in that team. We need to shop for good replacements for them from the local league or Europe asap. Watching Elderson in particular was a nightmare for me on Sunday. Again Brown Ideye needs to improve on his confidence level, i still prefer him over Ighalo. We need a good defensive midfielder that will be doing the "dirty" jobs behind Mikel but definitely not ONAZI.
Did we watch d same match or did d TV I watched my match on hv virus? Onazi was far beta Dan mikel joor!!! He made necessary interceptions 2 win d ball, didn't lose d ball as often as mikel did, & tried few tyms 2 join d attack & link up wt iheanacho (sometn he wldnt hv had 2 do if mikel did his job well). Mikel just sat back & did little & apart 4rm 2 attacks he spearheaded, was exactly as he played in d 2014 world cup. Onazi work lyk monkey, mikel chop lyk baboon. If mikel had done his job well, iheanacho wld hv had space 2 do more damage 2 D Zambian defense.

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Icon79(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
jerrythafinisher:

Let's just hope that he meant 11 additional points. That's all I can say for now.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by nyabinghi(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
cyril700:
Those 3 IPOB(iwobi,kelechi,mikel) will help us qualify so never to worry. Has anyone noticed that almost all football legends in nigeria are IPOB?
like yekini, like rufai, like muda lawal, like segun odegbami, like thunder balogun, do igbo people hve sense at all.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Igboid: 12:39am On Oct 13, 2016
nyabinghi:
like yekini, like rufai, like muda lawal, like segun odegbami, like thunder balogun, do igbo people hve sense at all.

No, like Kanu and Okocha. Real genuine stars out of Nigeria. Now where is your Yoruba brain?
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by nyabinghi(m): 5:25am On Oct 13, 2016
Igboid:

No, like Kanu and Okocha. Real genuine stars out of Nigeria. Now where is your Yoruba brain?
the same kanu that couldn't score for nigeria in any grade A tournament or the clueless showboating okocha that was an european failure and couldn't win a trophy for eagles when the onus was on him, the best achievements of super eagles have comw from the yorubas tell you stupid father to remind you ,you this child of hate.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Igboid: 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
nyabinghi:
the same kanu that couldn't score for nigeria in any grade A tournament or the clueless showboating okocha that was an european failure and couldn't win a trophy for eagles when the onus was on him, the best achievements of super eagles have comw from the yorubas tell you stupid father to remind you ,you this child of hate.

You are silly, name any Super eagle winning team that wasn't dominated by Igbo speaking people? Who knows your inconsequential Yorubas?

Which Yoruba players for Nigeria could ever tie the shoe strings of Okocha, Kanu, Mikel? Easily the most influential players Nigeria has ever produced.

1980 winning squad had 9/22 Igbo speaking people.

1.David Adiele
2. Okey Isima
3.Christian Chukwu
4. Aloysius Atuegbu
5. Emmanuel Okala
6.Sylvanus Okpala
7. Ifeanyi Onyedika
8.Henry Nwosu
9 Franck Onwuachi

1994 squad had 10/22 of Igbo speaking people

1. Alloysius Agu
2.Benedict Iroha
3. Stephen Keshi
4.Uche Okechukwu
5. Nduka Ugbade
6.Uche Okafor
7.Jay-Jay Okocha
8. Sunday Oliseh
9 .Emmanuel Amuneke
10. Efan Ekoku

2013 winning squad 10 Igbo speaking people.

1. Elderson Echiéjilé
2.Nwankwo Obiorah
3.Azubuike Egwuekwe
4. Emmanuel Emenike
5.John Obi Mikel
6.Ikechukwu Uche
7. Ejike Uzoenyi
8. Sunday Mba
9.Kenneth Omeruo
10. Chigozie Agbim

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by nyabinghi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
Igboid:

You are silly, name any Super eagle winning team that wasn't dominated by Igbo speaking people? Who knows your inconsequential Yorubas?

Which Yoruba players for Nigeria could ever tie the shoe strings of Okocha, Kanu, Mikel? Easily the most influential players Nigeria has ever produced.

1980 winning squad had 9/22 Igbo speaking people.

1.David Adiele
2. Okey Isima
3.Christian Chukwu
4. Aloysius Atuegbu
5. Emmanuel Okala
6.Sylvanus Okpala
7. Ifeanyi Onyedika
8.Henry Nwosu
9 Franck Onwuachi

1994 squad had 9/22 of Igbo speaking people

1. Alloysius Agu
2.Benedict Iroha
3. Stephen Keshi
4.Uche Okechukwu
5. Nduka Ugbade
6.Uche Okafor
7.Jay-Jay Okocha
8. Sunday Oliseh
9 .Emmanuel Amuneke

* There were only 3 Yoruba people on the squad. Semitoje, Adepoju and Yekini,

2013 winning squad 10 Igbo speaking people.

1. Elderson Echiéjilé
2.Nwankwo Obiorah
3.Azubuike Egwuekwe
4. Emmanuel Emenike
5.John Obi Mikel
6.Ikechukwu Uche
7. Ejike Uzoenyi
8. Sunday Mba
9.Kenneth Omeruo
10. Chigozie Agbim

you are a complete retard, why didn't you list the yoruba guys that won the first nations cup for us in 1980, the first world cup goal for nigeria was scored by a yoruba guy. The greatest scorer in the history of nigerian soccer was a yoruba guy, the greatest winger odegbami is a yoruba guy, muda lawal's still shades the igbo idiots that played for nigeria. Yisa sofoluwe have u forgottenn your head is supposed to be used to appease ogun.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Igboid: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
nyabinghi:
you are a complete retard, why didn't you list the yoruba guys that won the first nations cup for us in 1980, the first world cup goal for nigeria was scored by a yoruba guy. The greatest scorer in the history of nigerian soccer was a yoruba guy, the greatest winger odegbami is a yoruba guy, muda lawal's still shades the igbo idiots that played for nigeria. Yisa sofoluwe have u forgottenn your head is supposed to be used to appease ogun.

Lol! Yorubas and their delusions. Greatest this, greatest that. Yet none of them won any notable individual accolades. How can you be greatest without accolades?

Odegbami is an amateur player. He was greatest nothing.

The 1980 squad had at most 5 Yoruba players, as opposed to 9 Igbo players, so how exactly did Yoruba guys win the cup for Nigeria?

Muda Lawal is a typical Yoruba JB, he has got nothing on Amuneke, who at his peak played with Ronaldo Lima in Barcelona, yet Ndiigbo don't even count Amuneke as amongst our greats, that is to tell you how mediocre Yoruba players are.

Who is Yisa sofulowe? A nobody. I'm sure even Sam Okwaraji shits on him.

The most pathetic thing about Yorubas, is how you lots celebrate mediocrity by assigning them superlatives to deceive only but yourselves. Best this, greatest that, most sophisticated...., bla, bla. How pathetic.
Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by steppin: 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! Yorubas and their delusions. Greatest this, greatest that. Yet none of them won any notable individual accolades. How can you be greatest without accolades?

Odegbami is an amateur player. He was greatest nothing.

The 1980 squad had at most 5 Yoruba players, as opposed to 9 Igbo players, so how exactly did Yoruba guys win the cup for Nigeria?

Muda Lawal is a typical Yoruba JB, he has got nothing on Amuneke, who at his peak played with Ronaldo Lima in Barcelona, yet Ndiigbo don't even count Amuneke as amongst our greats, that is to tell you how mediocre Yoruba players are.

Who is Yisa sofulowe? A nobody. I'm sure even Sam Okwaraji shits on him.

The most pathetic thing about Yorubas, is how you lots celebrate mediocrity by assigning them superlatives to deceive only but yourselves. Best this, greatest that, most sophisticated...., bla, bla. How pathetic.
Due to the power of media, they overhype everything that is their own.
Before Keshi won the African nations Cup, their media said it was an Igbo team. After we won, they never said anything about it again.
They did the same during Amunike's time in Under 17, but shut them up by winning the tournament.
The same thing is happening now with a foreign coach. Whether they like it or not, Igbos and the South South produce the best football players/athletes in this country.

Re: Nigeria Targets 11 Points To Qualify For World Cup - Rohr by Igboid: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
Yoruba players in the 1980 squad

1. Best Ogedegbe

2.Muda Lawal

3.Tunde Bamidele

4.Segun Odegbami

5.Felix Owolabi

6.Shefiu Mohammed*

* not sure if he is Yoruba.

Yoruba players in the 1994 squad.
1.Isaac Semitoje
2. Mutiu Adepoju
3.Fuludu Edema
4.Rashidi Yekini

Yoruba players in the 2013 squad
1. Godfrey Oboabona
2. Fegor Ogude
3. Oshaniwa

Georges Leekens: Stopping Iwobi And Iheancho Is The Secret To Win Super Eagles / Asisat Oshoala Scores As Barcelona Wins The Spanish Liga. / Premier League: Liverpool Make History, Lose 6 Home Games In A Season

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61