Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (811156 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:38pm On Mar 01
But Precious Dede was really Good Back in her days ooo.. Who remember those her heroic Days of saving Penalties Back to Back..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:48pm On Mar 01
Let’s us take note that this is the 2nd time Onyi Echegini is assisting Esther Okoronkwo🤘

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Promise47(m): 8:27am On Mar 02
The All Africa games will the super falcons be playing in Ghana or Super falconet
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 9:06am On Mar 02
Deltamani:
But Precious Dede was really Good Back in her days ooo.. Who remember those her heroic Days of saving Penalties Back to Back..
Omo Naija dey produce talents in both men and women … Just imagine if we have quality infastructure with right and dutiful managements, we’ll be on par with top rated countries

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Promise47(m): 10:29am On Mar 02
I'm definitely friending this lady she's good and beautiful 😍
Deltamani:
The Future….. Linda
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:55am On Mar 02
Promise47:
I'm definitely friending this lady she's good and beautiful 😍

I hear say Linda Jiwuaku na Wrestler before she become goalkeeper ooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:01am On Mar 02
Promise47:
The All Africa games will the super falcons be playing in Ghana or Super falconet
Falconets
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:56pm On Mar 02
Ekiti born Former Super Falcon's goalkeeper Bidemi Grace Ebunoluwa Aluko-Olaseni has passed away after a 8 year battle with Cancer.

In her lifetime, she graced the field as an accomplished goalkeeper:

Former Falconet Goalkeeper

Former Rivers Angel Keeper

Former Ekiti Babes Goalkeeper

Former Sunshine Queens Goalkeeper

Former Olgar Queens Goalkeeper

FCT Babes Alumna

Former Makbet Queens Goalkeeper

Burial arrangements will be announced by the family.

Good night our Champion

https://twitter.com/EkitiBabyGov/status/1763859436777443430?t=BS83I2wCsGzu7F0CuVHTaQ&s=19

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:19pm On Mar 02
Not true.

Watched some of their recent games and they have some dangerous speed threats:
Kgatlana, Ramalepe, Magaia and this new kid called Nicole Michael (who is a speed burner on the right flank, even though she is still a bit raw).

That's why I stated we need Nicole Payne back in the squad cause that MIchael girl will take cause problems for us on the right flank.
Deltamani:

SA doesn’t have Pacy players than Nigeria but can keep possession.By the way If they do how many can you name. By the way they’re pretty compact in Midfield especially the trio of Refiloe Jane, Linda Motlhalo and Kholosa Biyana.. But defensively they can be punished a lot even though they have an attacking trio that can Finnish too but can be wasteful ours too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Promise47(m): 6:37pm On Mar 02
That will be good I'm a professional boxer and UFC future champion 🏆 of the world see it's Good I like it
Deltamani:

I hear say Linda Jiwuaku na Wrestler before she become goalkeeper ooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:34pm On Mar 02
Elder Halimatu Ayinde

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:37pm On Mar 02
AkinDS:
Not true.

Watched some of their recent games and they have some dangerous speed threats:
Kgatlana, Ramalepe, Magaia and this new kid called Nicole Michael (who is a speed burner on the right flank, even though she is still a bit raw).

That's why I stated we need Nicole Payne back in the squad cause that MIchael girl will take cause problems for us on the right flank.

Ramalepe their fullback isn’t quicker than Alozie either.

Magaia is just like Rash and Babajide

Nicole Michael is arguably their quickest player and forward right now.. Yeah her pace will be a threat but not for someone like Nicole Payne..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:16pm On Mar 02
Point of correction...
I meant Jane, not Ramalepe.

Also, that was why I feel, as a matter of urgency, we need Nicole back in the squad. Was unimpressed with Imuran, the way that Cameroonian #6 took her to school and she kept beating her with pace.

For me, the key to overcoming the South Africans is centered around neutralizing the triad of Kgatlana, Seoposenwa and Motlhalo.
Those three are the engine room of the team.
Truth is we never had a solid enough midfield capable of bottling them up, especially Seopo (AM) and Motlhalo (CM). However, now having the likes of CM's Ayinde, Ucheibe, Abiodun and Echegini, I think the midfield now tilts in our favor and we should be able to overcome them.

Also think Randy needs to have a 'come to Jesus' meeting with Rasheedat - her very poor decision making and wanting to take unnecessary touches and dribbles is detrimental to the team.
We really need to move the ball faster when playing SA, as they are very well organized and are disciplined in their recovery.
Rash, for me, is THE cog in the wheel.
Deltamani:

Ramalepe their fullback isn’t quicker than Alozie either.

Magaia is just like Rash and Babajide

Nicole Michael is arguably their quickest player and forward right now.. Yeah her pace will be a threat but not for someone like Nicole Payne..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:06am On Mar 03
Chidinma Okeke…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:09am On Mar 03
AkinDS:
Point of correction...
I meant Jane, not Ramalepe.

Also, that was why I feel, as a matter of urgency, we need Nicole back in the squad. Was unimpressed with Imuran, the way that Cameroonian #6 took her to school and she kept beating her with pace.

For me, the key to overcoming the South Africans is centered around neutralizing the triad of Kgatlana, Seoposenwa and Motlhalo.
Those three are the engine room of the team.
Truth is we never had a solid enough midfield capable of bottling them up, especially Seopo (AM) and Motlhalo (CM). However, now having the likes of CM's Ayinde, Ucheibe, Abiodun and Echegini, I think the midfield now tilts in our favor and we should be able to overcome them.

Also think Randy needs to have a 'come to Jesus' meeting with Rasheedat - her very poor decision making and wanting to take unnecessary touches and dribbles is detrimental to the team.
We really need to move the ball faster when playing SA, as they are very well organized and are disciplined in their recovery.
Rash, for me, is THE cog in the wheel.

Firstly you typed Ramalepe… now you’re saying Jane?
Is it same Rafiloe Jane (31+) who’s their Skipper and Plays Central Defensive Midfield? Or another one.

She’s an intelligent Midfielder with a good passing ability but she’s not very fast if that is what you mean as age is also catching up with her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:15am On Mar 03
These trios though…

Onyi Echegini still need to add more to her physical side of the game as she lost the ball on one or two occasions against Cameroon, anyway she just went pro and will definitely improve as time goes on.. Playing against African Opponents demands a lot physically... But with Stronger Ayinde, Ucheibe, Abiodun behind her she’s covered. This also helped Tony Payne in Midfield with them behind her..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:18am On Mar 03
Morocco Women's national team coach Jorge Vilda compares Copper Queens' squad to Real Madrid's famous Galacticos

Zambia will face Morocco in the final round of the Paris 2024 Olympic qualifier between April 1-9.

Below are his quotes ahead of the showdown in April.

"They have a very scaring squad with super individual players who can change your game plan due to their brilliance.

"You have no idea on how to contain both Barbra Banda and Rachael Kundananji.

"These are very strong Players, very skillful and fast. How do you contain such players?

"If it was one, yes we would suggest we give her attention and tight mark her. Now it's two players! You can't tight mark two players and that's where they take it all.

"They also have a difficult system, you don't know how they play, you don't know or have any ideas of their tactics, you will not see them play in Midfield the next moment you see balls out-wide. Banda and Kundananji running out everyone! That's difficult to contain.

"But we will have a game plan and try to cut ball supplies to the two and have a way to stop them from recieving balls.

"No doubt they have the most expensive female footballer (Kundananji) in their squad and the most feared female forward currently (Banda) and that plays to their advantage. Because most defenders and opponents are frightened.

' I would say they are like the 2002-04 Real Madrid Galacticos. You have Ronaldo, Raul, Figo, Zidane in one team? Opponents will be scared of you and have no one to tight mark.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:36am On Mar 03
Let’s be Sincere Uchenna Kanu is on Decline right now… She’s arguably one of the most Complete forward we have in the team..

Pace, Skills, Aerial Ability, Finishing ability and full game play as a whole was very good from U17 to U20 and down to playing for the SuperFalcons..

She had a good College & Pro Career in USA, Sweden and Mexico.

But since moving to the USA to play in the NWSL her game have depreciated a lot, I will say 50% down right now.!

What is wrong?? Uchenna Kanu was even on the rise before Rasheedat Ajibade? What is really wrong!?

She’s talented and would be a big weapon for the SuperFalcons if she up her game or better still recover to her top level..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1jGQxJQjVY?si=soV3zlS4UewWRiyr

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:41am On Mar 03
I think the goal she scored at the World Cup covered her poor game run from 2023 till date… That goal literally blinded the Fans eyes if not her game play from the World Cup till date is just at 50%..

She isn’t the Kanu i followed her game from U17 till now. What’s happening?? she’s just 26yrs

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:20pm On Mar 03
Deltamani:
These trios though…

Onyi Echegini still need to add more to her physical side of the game as she lost the ball on one or two occasions against Cameroon, anyway she just went pro and will definitely improve as time goes on.. Playing against African Opponents demands a lot physically... But with Stronger Ayinde, Ucheibe, Abiodun behind her she’s covered. This also helped Tony Payne in Midfield with them behind her..

Imagine all 4 playing. Or Joe coming on for Payne or vv depending on opponents strength and weaknesses. Cos two at the back though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:26pm On Mar 03
Happy birthday Onyi🎂

Onyi Zogg celebrates her 2️⃣7️⃣th birthday today 🎉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:58pm On Mar 03
She really needs to be playing consistently to be in SF reckoning.
Unfortunately, she's up against formidable teammates.
Wish her all the very best.
Deltamani:
Happy birthday Onyi🎂

Onyi Zogg celebrates her 2️⃣7️⃣th birthday today 🎉

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:07pm On Mar 03
Yes. You are right - I'm getting old... grin grin
Jane Rafiloe was one of the key threats, as well as Ramalepe.
When writing my comments, I had listed the top 5 players who I felt had been our most problematic players on the SA team over the years and tried to whittle them down to 3. Criteria was speed (of thought and physical pace), but mostly intelligent play.
Where they (SA) had hurt us the most was in the midfield area - offensive and defensive. That is their engine room, and they use very quick ball movements and passing to get behind our defense.
The new midfielders we have seem very well up to the task (unlike before, when we had the likes of Unc. Rita and Halimat running the show).
I honestly fancy our chances better, this time around.
Deltamani:

Firstly you typed Ramalepe… now you’re saying Jane?
Is it same Rafiloe Jane (31+) who’s their Skipper and Plays Central Defensive Midfield? Or another one.

She’s an intelligent Midfielder with a good passing ability but she’s not very fast if that is what you mean as age is also catching up with her.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:52pm On Mar 03
It’s definitely workable to play the both legs of the Olympics qualifiers on April 5 and 9 respectively, because there is no indication that FIFA would extend the window…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:08pm On Mar 03
AkinDS:
Yes. You are right - I'm getting old... grin grin
Jane Rafiloe was one of the key threats, as well as Ramalepe.
When writing my comments, I had listed the top 5 players who I felt had been our most problematic players on the SA team over the years and tried to whittle them down to 3. Criteria was speed (of thought and physical pace), but mostly intelligent play.
Where they (SA) had hurt us the most was in the midfield area - offensive and defensive. That is their engine room, and they use very quick ball movements and passing to get behind our defense.
The new midfielders we have seem very well up to the task (unlike before, when we had the likes of Unc. Rita and Halimat running the show).
I honestly fancy our chances better, this time around.

Surely we have a better chance right now as defensively we look so compact.. The major battle will definitely be in the Midfield but as you have said we now have younger and pacy players in Midfield..!

Randy better play Tony Payne in Midfield with any of Pair of Ayinde, Ucheibe, Abiodun in midfield to clean up the dirty job. Then bring in Echegini for Payne later to freshen things up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:43pm On Mar 03
Juventus Defense Sleeping right there…. 😢

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7-0-PB4ak?si=4kIygMQQK6NKtIXm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03
Deltamani:
Chidinma Okeke…
She needs to move away from this league. See as they look like her children.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:02pm On Mar 03
#Wafcon2024

About time CAF communicate what is happening; we are way into 2024 already for us to still be in the dark matters Wafcon 2024 dates.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:29pm On Mar 03
Let’s go…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:01pm On Mar 03
On Super Falcons players with Same-Sex Inclinations and PDA

I really do hope that this can get to those concerned. This isn't a subject I like talking about for obvious reasons. I'll also try to do away with the morality of said subject and rather stick to law.

I've observed that some super falcons players are getting "unnecessarily bolder" in the showing of their gay partners on social media. While this may not be an issue in the countries where they are resident, it is legally a crime in Nigeria and may pose a challenge in not too distant a future. It's also rather puzzling that the biggest "culprits" are those who grew up in Nigeria and should understand how volatile and controversial the subject is.

You only need a fanatic down north for this to catch fire. I remember how chaotic this country was in 2000 or so when Nigeria was to hold the miss world contest. This is for something that isn't even against the law but only "hurt that religious sensibilities" of a particular demographic. How much more same-sex relationship which isn't only illegal in Nigeria, but majority of the populace frown against it.

It's one thing for people to know your orientation and look away, it's however another for you to constantly throw it in their face. This has the capability of affecting the growth of women's football it not handled properly. Some persons with agendas will take advantage of this to the detriment of the sport.

Again to be clear, this isn't a debate on the morality of said subject but on what is law in Nigeria at the moment and how this affects the growth of women's football.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:35am On Mar 04
^^
Who are the players that you’re referring to

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:36am On Mar 04
Will the USWNT fail to advance to the semis of a CONCACAF tournament for the first time ever? We will find out soon..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.