Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (800940 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:47pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:

Kudos to Christy Ucheibe…. 💯
She too try Abeg, a Makeshift Center Back Doing it as if she’s originally a Center Back, Thanks to Benfica for also playing her there which also gave us the mind that she would deliver..!

How many chances Thembi Kgatlana get for the game sef??😂😂
na offside be her best chance sef😂

Also noticed Ohale apply street with Christy by correcting her but didn't for Alozie despite that one's rubbish play 😂😂😂😂
I'm sure ohale was pissed.

We're glad to have her

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 7:49pm On Apr 05
Zambia equalises
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05
Morocco makes it 2-1 at stoppage time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:56pm On Apr 05
FULL TIME ⚽

Zambia 🇿🇲 1-2 🇲🇦 Morocco

Ehhh 👀

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:59pm On Apr 05
This can’t be the Stat Right??🙄

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05
Morocco is a better representation tbh, we saw how they performed at the World Cup, Zambia just blows hot and cold.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:
FULL TIME ⚽

Zambia 🇿🇲 1-2 🇲🇦 Morocco

Ehhh 👀
abeg shey Barbara and kudanaji no play ni? angry
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:04pm On Apr 05
dankorode:
abeg shey Barbara and kudanaji no play ni? angry

Their Complete Squad Play apart from their Injured 1st Choice Goalkeeper…

Make them Banda and Kundananji jam Ucheibe, Abiodun and Ayinde 4 Midfield fes Body go tell them…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 8:20pm On Apr 05
Africa still dey do away goal rule right?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:26pm On Apr 05
Odogwujayy:

No more Away Goal Rule!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:27pm On Apr 05
At least Randy Waldrum outCoached Desiree Ellis today! This Poor rate of Conversion might affect us someday ooo forget our rigid Defending oo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:50pm On Apr 05
Are you sure
Deltamani:

No more Away Goal Rule!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:02pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:

No more Away Goal Rule!
Even with that, I don’t see Zambia beating the Moroccans within 90 or 120 minutes in Morocco.
It’s gonna be weird for the 2 most expensive female footballers to miss out on the Olympics..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:43pm On Apr 05
BascoVanVeli:
The best I could do cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI73aNdLlGw

I hope Abiodun's injury is not serious ooo?
That Babajide and Okoronkwo are both good ooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:32pm On Apr 05
Odogwujayy:

Yep.

CAF competitions def still keep the rule.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:36pm On Apr 05
naptu2:
It would have been so much better if we went back to the old arrangement. So much better.

Allow the NTA to broadcast the match live. Allow them to sell advert slots and the NTA and NFF can share the profit. They would have used their OB van. We did that decades ago! Why are we regressing?

I think they're being unrealistic with their expectations that's why they're still at the level they are.

For instance, a media company comes to negotiate for rights, but cannot guarantee what NFF is demanding.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:40pm On Apr 05
I heard it there was VAR South Africa would have gotten a penalty
Is this true
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:42pm On Apr 05
The Super Falcons have now kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 matches…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:50pm On Apr 05
🚨Norway, France, Italy and Spain got off to a bright start to their campaign in the UEFA Women’s Euro Qualifiers.

𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

FT: 🇳🇴Norway 4-0 🇫🇮Finland

FT: 🇨🇿Czech Republic 1-3 🇩🇰Denmark

FT: 🇮🇹Italy 2-0 🇳🇱Netherlands

FT: 🇮🇸Iceland 3-0 🇵🇱Poland

FT: 🇦🇹Austria 2-3 🇩🇪Germany

FT: 🇧🇪Belgium 0-7 🇪🇸Spain

FT: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England 1-1 🇸🇪Sweden

FT: 🇫🇷France 1-0 🇮🇪Republic of Ireland

#WEuro2025

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:55pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:
🚨Norway, France, Italy and Spain got off to a bright start to their campaign in the UEFA Women’s Euro Qualifiers.

𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

FT: 🇳🇴Norway 4-0 🇫🇮Finland

FT: 🇨🇿Czech Republic 1-3 🇩🇰Denmark

FT: 🇮🇹Italy 2-0 🇳🇱Netherlands

FT: 🇮🇸Iceland 3-0 🇵🇱Poland

FT: 🇦🇹Austria 2-3 🇩🇪Germany

FT: 🇧🇪Belgium 0-7 🇪🇸Spain

FT: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England 1-1 🇸🇪Sweden

FT: 🇫🇷France 1-0 🇮🇪Republic of Ireland

#WEuro2025

The Spanish sha! No mercy at all 😮‍💨🙆🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 12:35am On Apr 06
yinkeys:
I heard it there was VAR South Africa would have gotten a penalty
Is this true

Most likely,

I don't know if it's the same situation they're talking of, but Nnadozie did something that would have gotten her a yellow or even sent off.

In one incident she missed the ball and hit Seoponsenwe, sending her crashing down. The referee did not see it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:58am On Apr 06
JohnBullMySon:

Most likely,

I don't know if it's the same situation they're talking of, but Nnadozie did something that would have gotten her a yellow or even sent off.

In one incident she missed the ball and hit Seoponsenwe, sending her crashing down. The referee did not see it.

Yes, I thought to myself that if that incident happened in Pretoria, South Africa would have definitely been awarded a penalty.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:11am On Apr 06
JohnBullMySon:

Most likely,

Glad the ref didn’t see that
Phew
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:36am On Apr 06
I think Debbie is getting better and better by the Day…. and tends to play well with Ayinde and Ucheibe, Infact any of them she plays with she delivers… The Red Card against Canada at the World Cup really Made us miss more of her Exploits then which we would have seen earlier on…

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Agbirra9: 6:45am On Apr 06
Odogwujayy:
Apparently, no away goal rule for the qualifiers. The first round return leg between Burkina Faso and Mali should not have gone to extra time if there was.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:59am On Apr 06
Agbirra9:

Apparently, no away goal rule for the qualifiers. The first round return leg between Burkina Faso and Mali should not have gone to extra time if there was.

I thought that was clear. No away goal rules. We need to win outright or get a draw now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 7:42am On Apr 06
It wasn't going to be easy for the South Africans at all..having Ayinde,Ucheibe and Debbie in the same match na real wahala, also with Jennifer...Phew...They are so lucky it ended 1:0. Ihuzuo missed a 1 V 1, Kanu also missed a good chance. They could not use that speed they rely on against this team,their usual kick it to the flank and let Kgatlana chase no gree work. They also lost the midfield. They don't know they are playing against warriors...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, Ucheibe should stand for two players,her strength no be here...The wins the South Africans had in the past was majorly due to the coach not knowing his personel,seems he has figured that out now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 7:55am On Apr 06
carbonado:
It wasn't going to be easy for the South Africans at all..having Ayinde,Ucheibe and Debbie in the same match na real wahala, also with Jennifer...Phew...They are so lucky it ended 1:0. Ihuzuo missed a 1 V 1, Kanu also missed a good chance. They could not use that speed they rely on against this team,their usual kick it to the flank and let Kgatlana chase no gree work. They also lost the midfield. They don't know they are playing against warriors...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, Ucheibe should stand for two players,her strength no be here...The wins the South Africans had in the past was majorly due to the coach not knowing his personal,seems he has figured that out now.

U c dt Ayinde ehn…aw I wish she came to dis world as a male ,she for be our own busquet Abi wetin b d guy name…not always noticed in a match but highly intelligent and read d opponents move well

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Agbirra9: 8:52am On Apr 06
lovewins:

I thought that was clear. No away goal rules. We need to win outright or get a draw now.

Just putting it out there for clarity. It doesn't surprise me that there would be confusion around this based on precedent. I don't see where the qualification rules are publicly documented. In fact, on the official CAF website, the short report on the Nigeria-Ethiopia first leg match seems to suggest there is the away goal rule:

https://www.cafonline.com/womens-football/news/nigeria-held-by-ethiopia-as-drc-and-south-africa-draw-in-caf-women-s-olympic-qualifying/

But yeah, no away goal rule advantage for us here.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:36am On Apr 06
elyte89:

U c dt Ayinde ehn…aw I wish she came to dis world as a male ,she for be our own busquet Abi wetin b d guy name…not always noticed in a match but highly intelligent and read d opponents move well
...I swear...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 9:40am On Apr 06
I'm really optimistic the SF will get the job done in Pretoria. Unlucky for them that they couldn't win with a more convincing scoreline. The South Africans will be more attacking obviously playing at home but I think from the highlights I've seen we should be able to subdue them.

Ihezuo and Deborah are bae.

If only Agbaballer was a few years younger has definitely lost some pace. Would most probably have buried one of the many chances squandered yesterday.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: isan(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.