Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1070) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (812875 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:34pm On Apr 29
FRANCE D1 ARKEMA PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM OF THE SEASON…

🇳🇬 Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC)
🇦🇺 Ellie Carpenter (OL)
🇫🇷 Griedge Mbock (OL)
🇫🇷 Elisa De Almeida (PSG)
🇫🇷 Sakina Karchaoui (PSG)
🇫🇷 Grace Geyoro (PSG)
🇳🇱 Damaris Egurolla (OL)
🇫🇷 Ines Benyahia (Le Havre AC)
🇺🇸 Lindsey Horan (OL)
🇫🇷 Eugenie Le Sommer (OL)
🇲🇼 Tabitha Chawinga (PSG)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:17pm On Apr 29
BREAKING: U.S. Soccer and the Mexican Football Federation have withdrawn their joint bid for the 2027 Women's World Cup and will bid for the 2031 edition. That means 2027 will go to either Brazil or Belgium/Germany/Netherlands joint bid.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29
Deltamani:
Best goalkeeper in Africa. Best goalkeeper in France.
She is undoubtedly one of the safest hands in the world

I bet if Paris FC can work on their Defense she would concede less and they will be able to fight for the French League title… They need at least 3 top international players (World Class players) to boost their Squad…

Standard Chi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:08pm On Apr 29
Deltamani:
BREAKING: U.S. Soccer and the Mexican Football Federation have withdrawn their joint bid for the 2027 Women's World Cup and will bid for the 2031 edition. That means 2027 will go to either Brazil or Belgium/Germany/Netherlands joint bid.
From an economic/footballing culture standpoint , I think FIFA would go with the joint European bid.
The fact that many stadia, used by Brazil for the 2014 men’s World Cup and the 2016 Olympics, are now white elephants and in various states of disrepair would likely cause FIFA’s Congress to deem the Euro bid as the “safer” option
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:37am On Apr 30
Chinwendu Ihezuo Scores Again…! Currently 3rd on the TopScorer Chat in Liga MX Women with 13goals in 16games

Club America W (2) — (4) Pachuca W

⚽️ 41' Flores D. (Own goal) [CLU]
⚽️ 45+3' Martinez K. [CLU]

⚽️ 23' Usme C. [PAC]
⚽️⚽️26' 79' Corral V. [PAC]
⚽️ 30' Ihezuo C. [PAC]

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:09am On Apr 30
Going to the Olympics I believe if Randy is to pick 6 Forwards… 4 spot look certain with 2 open to battle for between the rest!

These are the top4 Picks
1• Asisat Oshoala
2• Rasheedat Ajibade
3• Uchenna Kanu
4• Esther Okoronkwo

The remaining 2 Spot to be battled for between these 4 Forwards.. If I were Randy I will go with the 1st two below though considering their form and what they could bring to the attack..

1• Rinsola Babajide
2• Chinwendu Ihezuo
3• Ifeoma Onumonu
4• Monday Gift

But again I see a more like Chinwendu Ihezuo Vs Ifeoma Onumonu kind of battle for a spot..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:55am On Apr 30
Deltamani:
Going to the Olympics I believe if Randy is to pick 6 Forwards… 4 spot look certain with 2 open to battle for between the rest!

These are the top4 Picks
1• Asisat Oshoala
2• Rasheedat Ajibade
3• Uchenna Kanu
4• Esther Okoronkwo

The remaining 2 Spot to be battled for between these 4 Forwards.. If I were Randy I will go with the 1st two below though considering their form and what they could bring to the attack..

1• Rinsola Babajide
2• Chinwendu Ihezuo
3• Ifeoma Onumonu
4• Monday Gift

But again I see a more like Chinwendu Ihezuo Vs Ifeoma Onumonu kind of battle for a spot..

Ihezuo vs Onumonu is no more a battle. Ihezuo is clearly ahead of her now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 12:25pm On Apr 30
Deltamani:

These are the top4 Picks
1• Asisat Oshoala
2• Rasheedat Ajibade
3• Uchenna Kanu
4• Esther Okoronkwo

1• Rinsola Babajide
2• Chinwendu Ihezuo
3• Ifeoma Onumonu
4• Monday Gift

Babajide and Ihezuo might just get the last two spots.... However,Randy will have weeks(maybe 3weeks) to assess due to camping,compared to the players just coming around during FIFA window...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:24pm On Apr 30
Rasheedat Ajibade is known for her creativity, graft and eye for goal. She works hard for her team, but is also blessed with lots of pace. Able to play with either foot, Ajibade could play anywhere across the front three and can contribute when in a midfield position as well.

Rash brings pure athleticism, speed and agility to the SuperFalcons and Atletico Madrid attack, and also has the ability to dribble past defenders. She’s always hard to contain, Causing a proper nuisance to defenders when out on the pitch. And on her best day, she is near unstoppable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:25pm On Apr 30
FIFA could suspend Zambia from international competition due to "undue influence by third parties", amidst a money-laundering scandal by FAZ president Andrew Kamanga, per The Guardian.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:08am On May 01
Deltamani:
FIFA could suspend Zambia from international competition due to "undue influence by third parties", amidst a money-laundering scandal by FAZ president Andrew Kamanga, per The Guardian.

That number 17 issa woman3, can feel her boobson through her jasery,

But that number 15 hmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:54am On May 01
These F.A people after stealing money gotten from government through sports ministry they will now hide behind FIFA when the government want to know how they spend the money
Deltamani:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:51am On May 01
Chiamaka Nnadozie Nominated Again in France For the UNFP Award

Nominees for this year's UNFP Trophy:
•• Best goalkeeper
•• Best Player
•• Best Youngster

Winners will be announced on May 13th.
#TropheesUNFP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:22am On May 01
Mary is the best goalie on the planet
I think Chiamaka makes top 3
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:48am On May 01
Deltamani:
Chiamaka Nnadozie Nominated Again in France For the UNFP Award

Nominees for this year's UNFP Trophy:
•• Best goalkeeper
•• Best Player
•• Best Youngster

Winners will be announced on May 13th.
#TropheesUNFP

Chiamaka in my opinion is Nigeria's best chance of winning the CAF player of the year for 2024. We need to start the campaign early for it to gain steam. The campaign is needed cause goalkeepers rarely win the award, but she's done enough in my opinion to earn it, just a little campaign for it to register in the voter's mind.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:12pm On May 01
lovewins:

Chiamaka in my opinion is Nigeria's best chance of winning the CAF player of the year for 2024. We need to start the campaign early for it to gain steam. The campaign is needed cause goalkeepers rarely win the award, but she's done enough in my opinion to earn it, just a little campaign for it to register in the voter's mind.

Currently she sits among the top 3 in CAF Women’s Player of the Year but she will need some more Social Media Push and Campaign so they can buy into her way as she’s a Goalkeeper whose chances is slim unlike forwards… Again if the Falcons can perform well at the Olympics her chances of winning will be higher..! Since Asisat Oshoala is on the Decline!

We need another Rising Star Real Quick, Is there any of the U20 that can come in like Superzee of 2014? Big NO for now except a Miracle!

Uchenna Kanu would have stood a chance too but she switches off and on and misses a lot of chances..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:13pm On May 01
lovewins:

Rasheedat Ajibade a very intelligent Player but her goals and Assists per season doesn’t do her any good, She does more Play Making for the Others to Score than Scoring’s herself which’s one thing that would affect her..!!

Maybe Leave Atletico Madrid to Real Madrid or another Bigger Club side, Infact Champions League Football Count Real Big now as the Media eyes are all on it..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:27pm On May 01
Some of the Current Crop of SuperFalcons Players that stands a chance of getting a Claim on the CAF Player Of The Year if they Play For Bigger Clubs and perform at the top level are…

•• Chiamaka Nnadozie
•• Deborah Abiodun
•• Onyi Echegini
•• Rasheedat Ajibade
•• Uchenna Kanu
•• Opeyemi Ajakaye

•• Don’t know what’s happening to Flourish Sabastine right now at Stand de Reims, I just hope she didn’t go there to focus more on her Tomboy Lifestyle instead of Football ⚽️ ..

This Girls have the Capability to Play for the Big European Clubsides.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:11pm On May 01
Deltamani:
Some of the Current Crop of SuperFalcons Players that stands a chance of getting a Claim on the CAF Player Of The Year if they Play For Bigger Clubs and perform at the top level are…

•• Chiamaka Nnadozie
•• Deborah Abiodun
•• Onyi Echegini
•• Rasheedat Ajibade
•• Uchenna Kanu
•• Opeyemi Ajakaye

•• Don’t know what’s happening to Flourish Sabastine right now at Stand de Reims, I just hope she didn’t go there to focus more on her Tomboy Lifestyle instead of Football ⚽️ ..

This Girls have the Capability to Play for the Big European Clubsides.

Onyi and Chiamaka yes. Onyi because Juventus has the opportunity to make a title run next season and she will obviously be a key part of that. Chiamaka because of her fantastic display even without a top team. I do hope she makes a move to a title contending team. PSG and Manchester city both lost their goalkeeper and should be in the market for one.

Uchenna maybe. Depends on how her team does, which I sincerely doubt.

Ajibade needs to move to a title winning team for her to make a case for herself. This isn't happening as long as she is still in Athletico.

Deborah Abiodun won't happen until she goes pro. It will however be sacrilegious if she doesn't win the young players award next year.

Please remove Ajakaye from the list. She's not even started her journey yet. The potentials obviously is there but her journey is very long.

In the short term I think Chiamaka is out most realistic option, if not Chawinga will win next year.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:39pm On May 01
Pitea IF Forward Anam IMO

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by skallion7(m): 3:59pm On May 01
lovewins:

Onyi and Chiamaka yes. Onyi because Juventus has the opportunity to make a title run next season and she will obviously be a key part of that. Chiamaka because of her fantastic display even without a top team. I do hope she makes a move to a title contending team. PSG and Manchester city both lost their goalkeeper and should be in the market for one.

Uchenna maybe. Depends on how her team does, which I sincerely doubt.

Ajibade needs to move to a title winning team for her to make a case for herself. This isn't happening as long as she is still in Athletico.

Deborah Abiodun won't happen until she goes pro. It will however be sacrilegious if she doesn't win the young players award next year.

Please remove Ajakaye from the list. She's not even started her journey yet. The potentials obviously is there but her journey is very long.

In the short term I think Chiamaka is out most realistic option, if not Chawinga will win next year.
That's why Deltamani said potential and if they play at top level

🙄🙄

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:08pm On May 01
Svenska Cupen Women 🇸🇪

Anam IMO and Faith Michael wins the Svenska Cupen Damer with Piteå defeating BK Hacken 1-0 in the final
Emma Viklund's stoppage time penalty being the match winner

Final Result

BK Hacken (0) - (1) Piteå
Viklund 90+5

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:50pm On May 01
Esther Onyenezide currently in action for Madrid CFF against Barcelona. She came in in the 76th minute. Haven't checked but I think this is her debut.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:49pm On May 01
🚨An astonishing performance by Liverpool who beat Chelsea 4-3 in a dramatic fashion.

The defeat leaves the Blues in a tight corner in the race for the WSL title as Manchester City now have the advantage.

FT: Liverpool 4-3 Chelsea

Emma Hayes Going to the US Empty Handed 🧐

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:52pm On May 01
Congratulations to Super Falcons star, Christy Ucheibe, on winning the 2024 Portuguese Taca de Liga Feminina with SL Benfica Feminino 🏆

Another one in the bag 💼

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:56am On May 02

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AlbertoIancu: 9:19am On May 02
Deltamani:
The Flamingoes head coach, Olowookere Bankole has released the list of 25-player squad for the upcoming Dominican Republic 2024 FIFA U17 World Cup Qualifier match against Burkina Faso.

The Nigeria women's national under-17 football team (The Flamingoes) will face Burkina Faso on the 11th of May, 2024 in Burkina Faso.

Hmm. Considering the coach's tribe, this list looks very nepotistic I won't lie. I was expecting more names from the South East and South South considering the caliber of players that those regions have produced for our national teams at all levels.

Could it be that he limited his scouting to his own region due to the logistical costs of travelling far for scouting or is this just pure tribalism?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Longneck: 9:23am On May 02
AlbertoIancu:

Hmm. Considering the coach's tribe, this list looks very nepotistic I won't lie. I was expecting more names from the South East and South South considering the caliber of players that those regions have produced for our national teams at all levels.

Could it be that he limited his scouting to his own region due to the logistical costs of travelling far for scouting or is this just pure tribalism?
Run back to your ashawo thread
Don't bring tribalism here
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AlbertoIancu: 10:00am On May 02
Longneck:
Run back to your ashawo thread
Don't bring tribalism here

If you had any good point to make, you wouldn't be going through my posts to find personal insults to make.

You blame me for pointing out a problem that is clear and glaring for everybody to see. No wonder our country is where it is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Longneck: 10:04am On May 02
AlbertoIancu:

If you had any good point to make, you wouldn't be going through my posts to find personal insults to make.

You blame me for pointing out a problem that is clear and glaring for everybody to see. No wonder our country is where it is.

Go back to your ashawo thread and point out problems there
Don't bring tribalism talk here
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Longneck: 10:04am On May 02

(1) (2) (3) ... (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.