Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817327 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Alfryd: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:

Which is the 3rd team?
Japan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:17am On Jul 14, 2022
Mali lost to Senegal
Danielnino00:

Botswana kinda remind me of the Mali team of 2018... They played some good football,but they weren't physically strong enough.. I was expecting them to get better.. unfortunately they missed out on this edition..

If CAF should continue with this zoning qualification format, it's likely we see the likes.pd Botswana and Burundi again while teams like Mali may not make it...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:32am On Jul 14, 2022
Alfryd:

Japan

He said 3 top friendly "post AWCON"

I'm aware we had a friendly scheduled against Japan, now we have USA what is the third one?

If "post AWCON" wasn't included I probably would have assumed he meant Canada
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:51am On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:

Which is the 3rd team?

Japan is the other team. The SF will square up in a single match vs Japan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:55am On Jul 14, 2022
PDPGuy:

Japan is the other team. The SF will square up in a single match vs Japan

I'm guessing you included Canada to make 3 teams right. Then post AWCON was probably not the best expression
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:

I'm guessing you included Canada to make 3 teams right. Then post AWCON was probably not the best expression
Nope. I meant “three friendly matches” against top 10 teams. I should have been a lil more specific
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:00am On Jul 14, 2022
Just to clarify
The kick off times are in US Pacific time

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2022
For real, I’ve been impressed by the set-pieces from a Morocco, Botswana, and Zambia. I wouldn’t mind if some of those players became Nigerian…

85% of their free kicks/corners are threatening to opposing defenses, yet our SE and SF are still struggling in that area. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:17am On Jul 14, 2022
The Senegalese team could easily make for a basketball team. It "appears" the person who scouted those players had height as one of the most important attribute the players should have.

The paradox though is that they were terrible with defending long balls. When Zambia realized this it became their go to strategy.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2022
PDPGuy:

Nope. I meant “three friendly matches” against top 10 teams. I should have been a lil more specific

Ok then
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2022
olapluto:

The whole SA is praying for Nigeria not to get to the final. Our team is actually building a momentum and if we go to the final, it will be hard to stop us.

Cameroon is not as strong as 2016 or 2018. Neither are we, solely based on the tactical lag with this coach.
I still believe the coach is doing ok, he's learning and I hope he sticks with Ucheibe against Chikwelu. That midfield is key tomorrow.

Based on how it's everywhere that the coach really wants to go to the WC, then i believe they'll edge through. The WC is more the trophy to Nigeria right now to the coach, while most Nigerians want la Decima.

That midfield is truly key.

If Cameroon wants to park the bus, it's not going to be new to the ladies.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:05am On Jul 14, 2022
Danielnino00:

Botswana kinda remind me of the Mali team of 2018... They played some good football,but they weren't physically strong enough.. I was expecting them to get better.. unfortunately they missed out on this edition..

If CAF should continue with this zoning qualification format, it's likely we see the likes.pd Botswana and Burundi again while teams like Mali may not make it...

I learnt most of the ladies were picked from the military, thus the crew cut most of them had, i think. Their setpiece game was good. Then their star player, Refilwe Thokakele no get better middle behind her. She's a good attacker.

This zoning thing just dey taya person.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2022
PDPGuy:
Confirmed!
Super Falcons v USA friendly. So far, the team has 3 friendly matches against top 10 teams post WAFCON..
We no wan focus on the Europeans ni? Since that Portugal draw. Two legged not bad sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:
The Senegalese team could easily make for a basketball team. It "appears" the person who scouted those players had height as one of the most important attribute the players should have.

The paradox though is that they were terrible with defending long balls. When Zambia realized this it became their go to strategy.
This noticing leaks and loops in opponents defence and attacking it, we never use am as far as i noticed. We stick to game plan mostly.

Yesternight, when the Moroccans noticed the LB of Botswana was missing, they began to pass through there for the most of the last 25mins.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2022
mostob:
well...let's hope our girls turn up for Cameroon first

I believe they will. I expect to see our DM exceptional tonight.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2022
PDPGuy:
For real, I’ve been impressed by the set-pieces from a Morocco, Botswana, and Zambia. I wouldn’t mind if some of those players became Nigerian…

85% of their free kicks/corners are threatening to opposing defenses, yet our SE and SF are still struggling in that area. Smh

we are really dangerous from corners na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2022
Thanks to whoever did away with those baggy shorts the Falcons had worn recently. The Falcon could win if they realized "I scored the goal" does not win a match. What wins a match is collective efforts regardless of who scored the goal.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:57am On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:
We no wan focus on the Europeans ni? Since that Portugal draw. Two legged not bad sha.
Who knows, we may face a Euro team next year

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
HAZEL NALI, GIVE HER THE CROWN

Saved a penalty and stepped up to score the decisive penalty for the copper queens of Zambia to seal their first ever WAFCON semifinal and FIFA world cup qualification.

A heroic moment for the brave Zambian lady!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:
HAZEL NALI, GIVE HER THE CROWN

Saved a penalty and stepped up to score the decisive penalty for the copper queens of Zambia to seal their first ever WAFCON semifinal and FIFA world cup qualification.

A heroic moment for the brave Zambian lady!
She was very short and yet... Female Courtois no try reach her. Inspiring team. South Africa go hearam(if they qualify sha)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
PDPGuy:

Who knows, we may face a Euro team next year
We've been facing two European teams in almost all of the WC we've gone to. This USA match is good, but the ladies need to know how to fare vs european teams with their game philosophy. Norway and Germany do us shege in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Now that Zambia is WC-bound, I trust Barbra Banda will return to action in NT colors. She adds so much quality to this impressive Zambia side. I am glad for their qualification. It is well deserved.

I only hope we join automatically today. Today vs Cameroun is WAR.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Idiko1:
Thanks to whoever did away with those baggy shorts the Falcons had worn recently. The Falcon could win if they realized "I scored the goal" does not win a match. What wins a match is collective efforts regardless of who scored the goal.
Exactly. This mindset cost the Falconets 2014 WC when Halimatu unnecessarily kicked Ihezuo's goal-bound shot against Germany. The team is good but needs a major psyche overhaul.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

I believe they will. I expect to see our DM exceptional tonight.
Ayinde and Ucheibe.... Perfect pairing for me. We need more solidity, bring in Otu

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Now that Zambia is WC-bound, I trust Barbra Banda will return to action in NT colors. She adds so much quality to this impressive Zambia side. I am glad for their qualification. It is well deserved.

I only hope we join automatically today. Today vs Cameroun is WAR.

I am unperturbed about today's game. We'll beat Cameroon easily and I'm not even worried. As long as Randy starts the right people, we'll won't struggle.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:
She was very short and yet... Female Courtois no try reach her. Inspiring team. South Africa go hearam(if they qualify sha)
Female Courtois grin grin grin

The girl just dey make me laugh yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
naijaseeker:
Exactly. This mindset cost the Falconets 2014 WC when Halimatu unnecessarily kicked Ihezuo's goal-bound shot against Germany. The team is good but needs a major psyche overhaul.
Not Halimatu Ayinde.... Loveth Ayila did that..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
naijaseeker:

That was Loveth Ayila and the ball clearly crossed the line. The was the biggest robbery u will ever see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:

I am unperturbed about today's game. We'll beat Cameroon easily and I'm not even worried. As long as Randy starts the right people, we'll won't struggle.

All about the @bolded...

Talents-wise, and on paper, this Cameroun team should not be standing shoulder to shoulder with us.

But then, Randy better be sober today, tactically.

'Pick the right XI that will unleash these beasts and more.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:

Cameroon is a highly ranked team and will not be beaten easily...

You can be confident, but don't ever be over-confident to the point that your over-confidence leads to boasting and talking down on opponents or people..

Hopefully, the S.F don't have your mentality and mindset.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
codemaniacs:

You can be confident, but don't ever be over-confident to the point that your over-confidence leads to boasting and talking down on opponents or people..

My submission is not based on ranking but on what they have managed to do in this competition and what the stats clearly show about that team. The Cameroonians have done well defensively and that's pretty much it. Offensively, they are way below average.

Against Zambia, they had 2 shots in target, scored none and committed 18 fouls. Against Togo they again had just 1 shots on target, scored 1, had 25 fouls and 4 yellow cards. Against Tunisia, they had 3 shots on target, scored 2 had 20 fouls and 3 yellow cards.

In total they were able to score 3 goals and had the most fouls in each of these games even against teams like Togo and Tunisia they are supposed to be better at.

They have just one job today and that is to defend and get as many foul as possible. But against a super falcons team with numerous attacking option, they will fold. If we would have a problem at all it will be breaking their defence and not is conceding.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
The Super Falcons know it won't be easy. Our last Wafcon encounter already gives us a clue. It was goalless and it went to penalties to separate us. This was 2018.

Confidence is good but you are right... let's not get too ahead of ourselves and underrate the threat Onguene and co pose.

I understand Lovewins' "unperturbed" angle though. He looks at the quality and talents of both sides (& their showings so far) and He also speaks for himself. There is probably a hunch he has about this game that you or I don't.

Time will tell. wink

codemaniacs:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.