Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804807 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ngozi Okobi isn’t back to her top form yet but if you give her chance she go punish yuuuuu…

She has done this to Cameroon on so many Occasion…!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:

Yes I was

The world cup ticket was at stake so the girls were immense pressure. Don't forget Cameroon also brought their A game and we soaked up the pressure.

Of course not the best of games but not doubt it was engaging and explosive.
Very good observation. Cameroon indeed brought their A game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ajara Nchout and Thembi Kgatlana make the top 10 women best player of the year.. I'm not arguing the fact that the both 2 plyers are top profile in Africa women football, but Rasheedat made them sit on the bench and they left atlantico Madrid after one season give reason why Rash ain't there LoL.

We Africans love hypocrisy that's why we will keep celebrating mediocrity.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
olapluto:

I think Morocco will be an easier game. We will dominate fully.
But we must still prepare for the vawulence

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
NFF to get $1M from CAF

$250k for making semi final
$750k for making world cup

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
I'm still surprised
Deltamani:
Ajara Nchout and Thembi Kgatlana make the top 10 women best player of the year.. I'm not arguing the fact that the both 2 plyers are top profile in Africa women football, but Rasheedat made them sit on the bench and they left atlantico Madrid after one season give reason why Rash ain't there LoL.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
Samueltemi337:
How's that the coach's fault?
I tried not to reply you first with a question because I wanted to.
Well to your question I will say this; When the general team's organisation is off,I think the coach is to be blamed!
Now my question is this. Who's fault do you think it is,the coach,the players,pitch or any other factor?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
Clint02:
Well to your question I will say this; When the general team's organisation is off,I think the coach is to be blamed!
Now my question is this. Who's fault do you think it is,the coach,the players,pitch or any other factor?
the players of course
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
Clint02:
I get your point bro but I think it made more sense for them to just go ultra defensive instead of trying to play entertaining football. World cup ticket is at stake and if Cameroon had scored, it'd have been a problem because most of our girls were already tired. Cut them some slack bro...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
Samueltemi337:
the players of course
Oh, okay.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
South Africa will not like this our win o,they had to cut our live stream early in 2nd half cool cool on SABC. They know for a fact that we are gathering momentum. Is it going to be deja vu cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
That's an entertaining match to be honest...
I'll take the win......let's go world cup mehn cheesy

Alozie was shaky when she came on though...
Nnadozie is just so calm with he ball and her calmness is kinda contagious...
Ashleigh na better player...Don't know what's up with Zogg but I won't mind another CB...
Ucheibe is Kante and Ndidi rolled into one...

A big shout-out to the ref too...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
codemaniacs:
Where's mostob that wants Ajibade to play midfield and not LW or RW.

Onumonu should be taking the corner kicks and maybe free kicks that was a good cross..
Okobi was not that impressive in the first half and Ajibade is our last resort as far as AM is concerned. That was why I made that suggestion.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Mcclean ko, close-up ni

grin grin grin
she would have stress out those tired Cameroon defenders.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
mostob:
Okobi was not that impressive in the first half and Ajibade is our last resort as far as AM is concerned. That was why I made that suggestion.

You're using style to change mouth grin grin

It was not a suggestion... You wanted her to be playing midfield ..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Toni and Nicole Payne's parents

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
ceejayMAX:
Toni and Nicole Payne's parents

Are the Payne sisters wearing contact lenses

Two parents wearing glasses means all their children will wear glasses at a point in their lives and will be geeks..

In this case sports geeks..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
If they score us na Chikwelu. Release ball you wan dribble. Which kind rubbish be that
E get one run Chikwelu do. I was wondering if that's running or whatever it is. The Yellow shirt caught up with her like she didn't just run 10m grin
She no get pace again.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Caf president pack his 4pikin for there like say they do one better thing this season. As for me, its Nnadozie's omission that's paining me more than Ajibade's. Why? Cos she's recognized globally in club football. Yet, back home, caf overlooks her. Politics of the mud. They can't even try and hide it. They pack 4 SA players. Shameful.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
mostob:
That's an entertaining match to be honest...
I'll take the win......let's go world cup mehn cheesy

Alozie was shaky when she came on though...
Nnadozie is just so calm with he ball and her calmness is kinda contagious...
Ashleigh na better player...Don't know what's up with Zogg but I won't mind another CB...
Ucheibe is Kante and Ndidi rolled into one...

A big shout-out to the ref too...

We start tournament focused on Alozie Brilliance, but e be like na Ucheibe's brilliance we go focus on till the end o. Girl was everywhere. Even when the forwards were already panting, she was doing triple work. Ayinde was weak at a point, Ucheibe stepped up. Covered for Plumptre at a point and was still doing her primary assignment.

Plumptre really revealed her technical side today. What i like was Ajibade was giving a listening ear to her teammate over those Setpieces.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

I believe they will. I expect to see our DM exceptional tonight.
And she did cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2022
What an entertaining game... Cameroon played their best football of the tournament in this game,and we rose to the occasion..Kudos to them...

Against Morocco, the only thing that will work against us is the fact that Morocco will have the home advantage...Their fans will try to intimidate our players verbally and with the laser thing... Other than that, Morocco are no match for us...no matter how well coached they are....

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

That's the hand of CAF president

Of cos you know he is a South African

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
That bella for Cameroon resemble man ooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
isan:
When she comes back toothpaste will sit at home
Who is toothpaste lol? grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
Randy Waldrum initially dropped Okobi from the squad, for reasons best known to him. Today, Okobi rolled back the years and produced a performance that sent Falcons to the World Cup.

Waldrum, be careful o

Okobi has good ball movement but, she needs to release the ball quicker. Okobi doesn't seem exhausted to me like he said it was the reason she was dropped. This Waldrum dey smoke gasoline ooooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
Danielnino00:
What an entertaining game... Cameroon played their best football of the tournament in this game,and we rose to the occasion..Kudos to them...

Against Morocco, the only thing that will work against us is the fact that Morocco will have the home advantage...Their fans will try to intimidate our players verbally and with the laser thing... Other than that, Morocco are no match for us...no matter how well coached they are....

Stop or reduce the boasting to 0.01%..

The way onome ebi was causing the Cameroonian players to fall in the box if we were playing Morocco that would have a penalty and sending off or yellow card for onome ebi..

When SF played France at the last world cup they got penalty..

If the referee gives Morocco at least 2 penalties then it will be difficult for the SF to win especially if the SF don't score.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
codemaniacs:

Stop or reduce the boasting to 0.01%..

The way onome ebi was causing the Cameroonian players to fall in the box if we were playing Morocco that would have a penalty and sending off or yellow card for onome ebi..

When SF played France at the last world cup they got penalty..

If the referee gives Morocco at least 2 penalties then it will be difficult for the SF to win especially if the SF don't score.
Onome is on a yellow. Ucheibe is cleared i think. Two defenders of the Moroccans have yellow too. Yasmine Mrabet and one other player too. I was scared for that Ebi tackle. Adding that to the tension from the game. Thanks to the fans for hyping her today. Fans matter. I don't think it was Obi those fans were shouting.

Then, Ghizzlane Chebbak quickly tires out. She did against Botswana. It was too obvious. Rosella and her trick body feints, but no end product.

We sef go target PK. We've had only 1 throughout sef.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
Battle for World Cup spot will be tough…

With this Player’s coming back to the team

Patricia George
Onyinyechi Zogg
Chinaza Uchendu
Roosa Ariyo
Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo

Nigeria Superfalcons Squad depth is just top notch

Wish we had a better Coach, anyway Randy don try small at least we don qualify for WC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zogg

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.