Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803420 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2022
AkinDS:
How on earth is she on the team?
2018 was 4 yrs ago.
Just because of the optics alone, she should have been excused. Besides, she is not exactly a precocious talent, is she?

FIFA has the records na. It's not like she changed her age after that tournament.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:43am On Aug 11, 2022
AkinDS:
2018 was 4 yrs ago.
Just because of the optics alone, she should have been excused. Besides, she is not exactly a precocious talent, is she?

She’s 20yrs already, was one of the youngest player in that edition then…. She plays mostly as a Holding Midfielder or a Center Midfielder.

It’s game day already, let’s wait and see.

She alongside Christy Ucheibe and Peace Efih were our 3 Midfielders back at the 2018 edition.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:44am On Aug 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Why isn't Vicky Lopez playing for Spain Spain is dumpster juice BTW

Vicky Completed 16 about a Week ago, it’s better she start from the U17 level… No need for the too much rush.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:46am On Aug 11, 2022
Deltamani:

The quality of play wasn’t up to what i expected, the Superfalcons have a chance, We have got Pace, Power, individual brilliance, Athleticism as a whole, I just hope the Coaches play their own part well..

Even Brazil and Spain that I'm watching are not that good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:49am On Aug 11, 2022
Deltamani:

Vicky Completed 16 about a Week ago, it’s better she start from the U17 level… No need for the too much rush.

That doesn't matter, she plays with adults in the league so the U20s should not be an issue. Having her play U17 is boarder line criminal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:55am On Aug 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

That doesn't matter, she plays with adults in the league so the U20s should not be an issue. Having her play U17 is boarder line criminal.

Abeg make we allow the small gal enjoy the U17 stage too, it’s a big plus for her and Spain …

By the way she wanted to play for Nigeria right from the U17 level but we didn’t go for her then. Just hope she still have Nigeria in mind at the Senior level..

Since she wants to honour her late Mother by Playing for Nigeria I’m very sure we would have her at the Senior Level…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:10am On Aug 11, 2022
Deltamani:

Abeg make we allow the small gal enjoy the U17 stage too, it’s a big plus for her and Spain …

By the way she wanted to play for Nigeria right from the U17 level but we didn’t go for her then. Just hope she still have Nigeria in mind at the Senior level..

Since she wants to honour her late Mother by Playing for Nigeria I’m very sure we would have her at the Senior Level…

Her playing in a lower level will not help Spain. I heard about her wanting to play for us but let's see what happens sha
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:19am On Aug 11, 2022
Official: Glory Ogbonna Joins ALG Spor on a Free Transfer

ALG Spor have signed Glory Ogbonna on a free transfer after undergoing a medical with the club.

The Super Falcons utility player, whose contract with Santa Teresa CD expired in June has signed a one-year contract with the Turkish Women's Football Super League Champions.

Ogbonna was presented by the club to the fans and will wear the No 5 jersey.

She made 15 appearances, got 3 assists, and made the player of the week once during her short stint with Santa Teresa CD.

On signing for ALG Spor, Ogbonna said:

"I feel good to join the champions of Turkish women league, and I will also give out my best to them in order for them to continue being the champions that they are".

ALG Spor is a club founded in 1998 and are defending champions of Turkish Women's Football Super.

Thier title success has earned them a place in the 2022–23 UEFA Women's Champions League.

The 2018 African Women Cup of Nations Champion will begin her campaign in the champions league playoffs against Brann Kvinner on the 18th of August 2022.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2022
#FIFAU20WWC : Update

Captain of the Black Princesses, Evelyn Badu ruled out of Ghana versus USA game today.
The Avaldsness' midfielder suffered a fresh ankle sprain in Ghana's 6-0 win against Club Sport Herediano FF and is unavailable for Coach Ben Forkuo's side.

Ghana open its FIFA U20 Women's World Cup against USA at 5:00pm today.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2022
AkinDS:
2018 was 4 yrs ago.

Its no big deal jare... In fact, a lot of players have played u-17 twice and again played u-20 twice for Nigeria before... Players like Okobi, Ordega, Oparanozie, Ayinde...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2022
Danielnino00:

Its no big deal jare... In fact, a lot of players have played u-17 twice and again played u-20 twice for Nigeria before... Players like Okobi, Ordega, Oparanozie, Ayinde...

Okobi, Ordega and Ayinde played U20 once…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2022
The Blue Hair girl…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2022
Deltamani:

Okobi, Ordega and Ayinde played U20 once…

Yeah..But they played u-17 twice...I believe Oparanozie played both u-17 and u-20 twice
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
Oshoala and Ajibade also played u20 twice
Danielnino00:

Yeah..But they played u-17 twice...I believe Oparanozie played both u-17 and u-20 twice
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2022
Super Eagles Captain Welcomes Ogbonna To Turkey

Fatih Karagümrük forward and Captain of the Super Eagles, Ahmed Musa has congratulated Glory Ogbonna on her move to Turkish based club ALG Spor.

On arrival to Turkey, Musa immediately paid a courtesy visit to the Super Falcons defender welcoming and congratulating her for the move to the Turkish Women's Football Super League Champions.

"Welcome to Turkey, I want to wish you well in your new journey, I will always check up on you and make you feel at home here.

Wish you all the best, go and do what you know how to do best on the field of play, you have my support". Musa said.

An elated Ogbonna thanked the Super Eagles Captain for his warm welcome as she never saw it coming.

"I really want to say thank you to the Super Eagles Captain, Ahmed Musa who I call "Governor" , this is really motivating to me and I won't let him down.

I must say I never saw this coming, it once again shows he is a good man".

Ahmed Musa has been on the lips of many for his wonderful gestures to humanity, the recent being N500,000 cash gift to former Nigerian weightlifter Bassey 'Iron Bar' Etim.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Super Eagles Captain Welcomes Ogbonna To Turkey

Fatih Karagümrük forward and Captain of the Super Eagles, Ahmed Musa has congratulated Glory Ogbonna on her move to Turkish based club ALG Spor.

On arrival to Turkey, Musa immediately paid a courtesy visit to the Super Falcons defender welcoming and congratulating her for the move to the Turkish Women's Football Super League Champions.

"Welcome to Turkey, I want to wish you well in your new journey, I will always check up on you and make you feel at home here.

Wish you all the best, go and do what you know how to do best on the field of play, you have my support". Musa said.

An elated Ogbonna thanked the Super Eagles Captain for his warm welcome as she never saw it coming.

"I really want to say thank you to the Super Eagles Captain, Ahmed Musa who I call "Governor" , this is really motivating to me and I won't let him down.

I must say I never saw this coming, it once again shows he is a good man".

Ahmed Musa has been on the lips of many for his wonderful gestures to humanity, the recent being N500,000 cash gift to former Nigerian weightlifter Bassey 'Iron Bar' Etim.

After so much expectations, Glory Ogbonna haven't lived up to billing...
I just hope she develops her game their in Turkey.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2022
U20WWC

Big blow for Ghana as Evelyn Badu is omitted from the squad with injury, Afia Nyarko is the replacement .

Line ups
Ghana v USA

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
U20WWC

Big blow for Ghana as Evelyn Badu is omitted from the squad with injury, Afia Nyarko is the replacement .

Line ups
Ghana v USA
where can we watch I live sir
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2022
Is it plausible the 'change' was done before the tourney? Just asking...
Just like how a certain #9 had supposedly completed Poly in Ogun state before playing U17. Now supposedly in her 'late 20s', she has definitely lost steam. I digress...

Lets be frank with ourselves. In this case, having someone playing U whatever multiple times really doesn't benefit the country. Why? This is not like years ago when we didn't have that many up and coming players to select from. Now, there are a ton. If someone played alongside the likes of Ucheibe and Efih (who have since progressed to the SuperFalcons, yet she hasn't).

The key question to ask is: shouldn't someone else be looked at in her stead?

BascoVanVeli:

FIFA has the records na. It's not like she changed her age after that tournament.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2022
Things just got worse for Ghana...
Owusu got red carded for an above the ankle tackle in the 33rd min.

How can our coached get African players to stop these kind of tackles, since it leads to red cards?
Nigeria alone has had 3 consequential red cards this year alone (Iwobi, Ayinde and Ajibade) because of this rule.

Due to our 'hard' approach to the game, African teams (especially West African teams) are more than likely to suffer because of this rule.

Schemerkhiz:
U20WWC

Line ups
Ghana v USA
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2022
Half Time.... FIFAU20WWC

Ghana (0) - (2) USA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2022
AkinDS:
Things just got worse for Ghana...
Owusu got red carded for an above the ankle tackle in the 33rd min.

How can our coached get African players to stop these kind of tackles, since it leads to red cards?
Nigeria alone has had 3 consequential red cards this year alone (Iwobi, Ayinde and Ajibade) because of this rule.

Due to our 'hard' approach to the game, African teams (especially West African teams) are more than likely to suffer because of this rule.

You do have a point... This same thing cost Senegal a spot in the round of 16 at the last world cup due to fair play rule... West and Central African teams are generally known for being physical
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2022
Gra-gra football does not get you anywhere in this day and age.
We need to start teaching youngsters a different way of playing the game.

The best Nigerian team I have seen in several decades was the U17 winning team that had the likes of Sucess, Iheanacho and Awoniyi. The football those kids played at the time was 'dont touch me' ball - tip tap, sweet football.

That is how we should be teaching our youngsters (male and female) how to play
Danielnino00:

You do have a point... This same thing cost Senegal a spot in the round of 16 at the last world cup due to fair play rule... West and Central African teams are generally known for being physical
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BOOOMNAIJA: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2022
I'm confused by d time...are we playing 12a.m this night or 12a.m tomorrow night
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2022
12am tomorrow midnight
BOOOMNAIJA:
I'm confused by d time...are we playing 12a.m this night or 12a.m tomorrow night
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

4 hours from now.

Hope that's clearer
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2022
lovewins:

4 hours from now.

Hope that's clearer

Yea, thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

12a.m tomorrow morning..

which In your words means 12a.m this night. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2022
codemaniacs:

12a.m tomorrow morning..

which In your words means 12a.m this night. grin grin grin grin

Don't mind me jare grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2022
#U20WWC | Ghana with a laboured start to their U20 Women's World Cup campaign as they pick a first-half red and fall to USA in opener.

FT: Ghana 0-3 USA
[Cooper 11', Thompson 38', Sentnor 51']

Red Card: Owusu 31'

Ghana's next group matches
14/08 vs Japan
17/08 vs Netherlands

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2022
Michele Cooper off to a good start. She was MVP and goal queen in CONCACAF W U-20 Championship

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2022
I hope we smash France tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: naijaseeker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.