Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817147 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chris Danjuma say Deborah Abiodun was a tactical decision. I hope he never tries that tactic again

He is asked about her towards the end of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9CMFJTKr8w

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
*_7 KEY OBSERVATIONS LEARNT FROM THE FALCONETS VICTORIES AGAINST FRANCE & SOUTH KOREA_* _nigerian context

1* Team build up from defence, midfield to attack was most times fluid _especially against France # keeping possession and fighting to retain possession is key to winning games

2* More should be done in practice to improve on set piece execution/organization especially with variation _ in tight games set pieces would be key in scoring and winning games

3 * The art of goal scoring is a continuous drill that needs consistent review and practice with 2 goals from 2 games there is still room for improvement( technical crew should adopt modern training routines )

4* The Falconets have kept a clean sheet in 2 games _ the synergy between the goalkeeper and the backline is top notch - more should be done in areas of ��

a, Set piece defending' organization

b , zonal and man to man marking _ in intelligent combinations

c, Keeping a tight offside line with communication links

5*Systematically , during attack- team build ups need to do more to attack in numbers _ it could be one man less but the balance should be 5 v 6 , 7 v 8 or 8v9...the more the numbers in the box the long balls ,crosses and duels would be won with high pressing

6* Counter attacks should be utilized with space available _ the team is blessed with pacy players so it could easily score goals from such game situations

7* Team Fighting spirit and bonding is exceptional _ no doubt the team is on course on winning the tournament

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
joelsteron:

I bet no senior player can shoot with accuracy as that double footed player . We need her.

Don’t even go there, Desire Oparanozie is deadly with both feet’s from any angle.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
Anam IMO

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
AkinDS:
I wouldn't write off Ghana just yet.
They have nothing to lose and might want to make a statement before exiting the competition.

And I don't think Netherlands will relax and let Ghana beat them..Seeing as they haven't secured qualification themselves...IMO, that Ghana team can't do sh*te...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
isan:
Oshoala
Onumonu
Ihezuo
Oparanozie
Monday
Kanu
Ajibade
Now give me a list of our wingers without mentioning any of these girls.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
The Falconets game vs Canada comes up on Thursday at 3am Nigerian time
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
I’m expecting a much more open game on Thursday because the Canadians are already out and have nothing further to lose; and would probably want to leave the tourney on a high…

I would bank on Sebastine to flourish in such an open game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/associations/media-releases/fifa-suspends-all-india-football-federation

Fifa has suspended India football which is set to host the Fifa Women's Under 17 World Cup. In this situation they cannot be host

However the article states

FIFA is in constant constructive contact with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in India and is hopeful that a positive outcome to the case may still be achieved.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 12:21am On Aug 16, 2022
Deltamani:

Don’t even go there, Desire Oparanozie is deadly with both feet’s from any angle.

As in, whenever there is a set piece, I miss when Desire is not in the pitch.

Let us praise these girls but remember in 2010, we thought we had also found the solution. The Key is, that they must be gradually filled in.

The current problem Falcon has started with the inability to overhaul the team in 2014. Only Oshoala (who was already part of the team by the way made the cut). From that period, we made only half-hearted efforts to bring in more players so we still have Ebi, Chikwelu and no viable alternative for Okobi and Oderga

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2022
Every one of the them has play as striker than as a winger in their whole career
mostob:

Now give me a list of our wingers without mentioning any of these girls.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Chris Danjuma say Deborah Abiodun was a tactical decision. I hope he never tries that tactic again

He is asked about her towards the end of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9CMFJTKr8w

This is the reason Chris Danjuma is the coach and you are a spectator.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
*_7 KEY OBSERVATIONS LEARNT FROM THE FALCONETS VICTORIES AGAINST FRANCE & SOUTH KOREA_* _nigerian context

1* Team build up from defence, midfield to attack was most times fluid _especially against France # keeping possession and fighting to retain possession is key to winning games

2* More should be done in practice to improve on set piece execution/organization especially with variation _ in tight games set pieces would be key in scoring and winning games

3 * The art of goal scoring is a continuous drill that needs consistent review and practice with 2 goals from 2 games there is still room for improvement( technical crew should adopt modern training routines )

4* The Falconets have kept a clean sheet in 2 games _ the synergy between the goalkeeper and the backline is top notch - more should be done in areas of ��

a, Set piece defending' organization

b , zonal and man to man marking _ in intelligent combinations

c, Keeping a tight offside line with communication links

5*Systematically , during attack- team build ups need to do more to attack in numbers _ it could be one man less but the balance should be 5 v 6 , 7 v 8 or 8v9...the more the numbers in the box the long balls ,crosses and duels would be won with high pressing

6* Counter attacks should be utilized with space available _ the team is blessed with pacy players so it could easily score goals from such game situations

7* Team Fighting spirit and bonding is exceptional _ no doubt the team is on course on winning the tournament

Good analytical attempt to browse over inadequacies of the team. The match against the France showed the team lacked the basic fundamentals of soccer thus, passing, trapping and looking. Most of the players on the team kicked the ball toward the direction of the field they were facing. It is unfathomable for a player to trap the ball for his/her opponent. Certain players on the team do not look around while on the ball hance uncountable errant passes. The team must get down into basic fundamentals of soccer before foraying into the applied mechanics of the game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2022
Idiko1:

Good analytical attempt to browse over inadequacies of the team. The match against the France showed the team lacked the basic fundamentals of soccer thus, passing, trapping and looking. Most of the players on the team kicked the ball toward the direction of the field they were facing. It is unfathomable for a player to trap the ball for his/her opponent. Certain players on the team do not look around while on the ball hance uncountable errant passes. The team must get down into basic fundamentals of soccer before foraying into the applied mechanics of the game.

You have succeeded in using English to say absolutely nothing.

How exactly does this make sense to you?

It's obvious you either didn't watch the game or you have no business analysing football in public fora.

BTW, it's football in this part of the world, only America and a few other use Soccer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 9:51am On Aug 16, 2022
lovewins:

You have succeeded in using English to say absolutely nothing.

How exactly does this make sense to you?

It's obvious you either didn't watch the game or you have no business analysing football in public fora.

BTW, it's football in this part of the world, only America and a few other use Soccer.

I guess you are typical and deluded Nigerian who would rather die than see anything wrong in him/her. This forum is meant for people to air their opinions and suggestions. The Falconets could be really good if they could get down on basic fundamentals of soccer. In the bolded, I guess you do not think everybody shares the hellish part of the world with you.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2022
Idiko1:

I guess you are typical and deluded Nigerian who would rather die than see anything wrong in him/her. This forum is meant for people to air their opinions and suggestions. The Falconets could be really good if they could get down on basic fundamentals of soccer. In the bolded, I guess you do not think everybody shares the hellish part of the world with you.

"Deluded Nigerians"

"Hellish part of the world"

This says so much about you. It's typical of your contributions on this platform; condescending and demeaning of others. Posturing as living a better life than others while distracting from the arguments made. A perception of Nigerians as being deluded and unintelligent.

Of course the forum is designed to make contributions, I only noted you didn't make any sense. You only conjured words together with no logical meaning Vis a Vis the game being analysed. I'll want to believe most of those who watched the game will agree.

Again, living in the "non hellish" part of the world should have taught you a few things about adaptability and appropriating culture. Using Soccer in a conversation with the US citizen is appropriate as football means something entirely different to them. This is a Nigerian forum, we don't call it soccer it's football, and if that was pointed out to you, self-correct. Living in a "non-hellish" part of the world doesn't give you a pass.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2022
Power Play Midfielder…. Though tackler, she barely put a foot wrong, won more tackles than any other Superfalcon Midfielder.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2022
Lovewins just ignore the guy. Arguing with him is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2022
Superfalcon well Built Striker…

Desire Oparanozie

Did you guys see this Desire goal three weeks ago??

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgR6Jg5AXbJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
Uchenna Kanu scored twice to help her team Tigres Femenil to an 8-0 victory against Mazatlan FC.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
Idiko1:

The fact that you call it "soccer" indeed shows how much knowledge you have of the game .
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
lovewins:

"Deluded Nigerians"

"Hellish part of the world"

This says so much about you. It's typical of your contributions on this platform; condescending and demeaning of others. Posturing as living a better life than others while distracting from the arguments made. A perception of Nigerians as being deluded and unintelligent.

Of course the forum is designed to make contributions, I only noted you didn't make any sense. You only conjured words together with no logical meaning Vis a Vis the game being analysed. I'll want to believe most of those who watched the game will agree.

Again, living in the "non hellish" part of the world should have taught you a few things about adaptability and appropriating culture. Using Soccer in a conversation with the US citizen is appropriate as football means something entirely different to them. This is a Nigerian forum, we don't call it soccer it's football, and if that was pointed out to you, self-correct. Living in a "non-hellish" part of the world doesn't give you a pass.

You are a typical Nigerian who even dreamingly aspired to tell others what they should call a sport. It is not mere perception but real that most Nigerians are deluded. You could have made your silly opinion on the issue instead of vomiting what I know about soccer or lack of sense. Nigeria U20 female team has been very lucky, and it could last for a while if they fail to embrace the basic fundamentals of soccer. I do not know your idiotic character from even daydreams, yet you have the audacity to spew crap about making sense or lack thereof. I had rather make no sense than being embraced with Nigerian level of sense. I guess this is Internet!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Idiko1:

You are a typical Nigerian who even dreamingly aspired to tell others what they should call a sport. It is not mere perception but real that most Nigerians are deluded. You could have made your silly opinion on the issue instead of vomiting what I know about soccer or lack of sense. Nigeria U20 female team has been very lucky, and it could last for a while if they fail to embrace the basic fundamentals of soccer. I do not know your idiotic character from mere daydreams, yet you have audacity to spew crap about making sense or lack thereof. I had rather make no sense than being embraced with Nigerian level of sense. I guess this is Internet!!!

Low budget Patrick Obahiagbon conjuring words without necessarily making sense.

What the heck is "dreamingly aspired"

Also basic and fundamental mean the same thing. Using them together in a sentence is called Tautology.

I really do not know what you mean by "Nigerian level of sense" but if you truly believe such exist and that "most Nigerian are deluded" as noted, then I'll advice you stay away from a Nigerian forum.

One other advice, you may want to go through your brighter grammar one more time. I'm sure it will be of great help

And oh, I'll take mostob's advice and won't engage with you again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2022
lovewins:

Low budget Patrick Obahiagbon conjuring words without necessarily making sense.

What the heck is "dreamingly aspired"

Also basic and fundamental mean the same thing. Using them together in a sentence is called Tautology.

I really do not know what you mean by "Nigerian level of sense" but if you truly believe such exist and that "most Nigerian are deluded" as noted, then I'll advice you stay away from a Nigerian forum.

One other advice, you may want to go through your brighter grammar one more time. I'm sure it will be of great help

And oh, I'll take mostob's advice and won't engage with you again.

You are an intellectual midget. Only a dumbass fool does not know basic and fundamental are adjectival clauses. Nigerian sense is bad to behold.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Vicky Lopez on the bench as Barca femeni take on Bayern Munich in a friendly.. down 1-0 already
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2022
This same moniker again? undecided
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
Idiko1:

You are a typical Nigerian who even dreamingly aspired to tell others what they should call a sport. It is not mere perception but real that most Nigerians are deluded. You could have made your silly opinion on the issue instead of vomiting what I know about soccer or lack of sense. Nigeria U20 female team has been very lucky, and it could last for a while if they fail to embrace the basic fundamentals of soccer. I do not know your idiotic character from even daydreams, yet you have the audacity to spew crap about making sense or lack thereof. I had rather make no sense than being embraced with Nigerian level of sense. I guess this is Internet!!!

Both the English and the unnecessary effort to sound American by spraying the words "soccer" all around lol.

This the type shit that got you trendin'

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
isan:
Every one of the them has play as striker than as a winger in their whole career
I'm not disputing this. A lot of different female footballers are playing different roles for both club and country. What I'm trying to ask you is that, going for a tourney, who would you take as the strikers?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2022
They are all classified as forwards ,
My striker for world cup

Oshoala
Onumonu
Kanu

Wingers

Ajibade
Sabastine
Monday
Anam imo
Payne

mostob:
I'm not disputing this. A lot of different female footballers are playing different roles for both club and country. What I'm trying to ask you is that, going for a tourney, who would you take as the strikers?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
mostob:

This would be my top pick going to the World Cup with my final best 7 coming from this 10..
This would also be their age going to the World Cup

•- Desire Ugochi Oparanozie 29yrs
•- Asisat Lamina Oshoala 28yrs
•- Ifeoma Onumonu 29yrs
•- Uchenna Kanu 26yrs
•- Rasheedat Ajibade 23yrs
•- Esther Okoronkwo 26yrs
•- Francisca Ordega 29yrs
•- Monday Gift 21yrs
•- Flourish Sabastine 18yrs
•- Anam IMO 22yrs

From this 10, I would drop 3 considering their form and if there’s any injury..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
AMOS WOMEN'S FRENCH CUP

BARCELONA 1-2 BAYERN MUNICH
⚽0 - 1 39' G. Gwinn
⚽1 - 1 60' C. Hansen
⚽1 - 2 84' E. Laurent

Barça, although dominant in the game, bow to a well-placed German team and evolving in counterattacks.

Mention Claudia Pina who was Barça's best player.

Geyse and Lucy have made their second half debuts.

Caroline Graham Hansen scored the only goal for the Catalan club.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
isan:
They are all classified as forwards ,
My striker for world cup

Oshoala
Onumonu
Kanu

Wingers

Ajibade
Sabastine
Monday
Anam imo
Payne

Good. IMO, with Oshoala's recent struggle with injuries and the fact that we don't know the Oparanozie that would show up, our striking department is far from being effective.

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.