Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (841038 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (1090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2022
That No.4 shirt, Abiodun is one good player. She can hit fairly accurate long rangers too, she hit the top post once.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2022
An Assist And a Cross That Led To The Second Penalty all came From Imuran Hardeynihkee Rophyhat , As The Falconets Beat Their Canadian Counterpart By 3-1.

The Story Of Rofiat Imuran Has Been So Inspiring. The Ile-Ogbo, Born Footballer has been superb so far at the Women's U-20 FIFA World Cup Ongoing In Costa Rica.

A Modern-day Attacking Left-back, Nicknamed 'Marcelo', Renowned For Her Surging Runs Down The Left side Of The Pitch And Making Some Pin-Point Crosses For Attackers To Score, Just As She Did For Chioma Olise. Rofiat Imuran| The Future!

#RofiatImuran14

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2022
And I am glad some others are finally getting on the Rofiat Imuran train.

That girl is pure quality on the left. A real deal talent.

Has fantastic recovery, and a good sense of balancing her attacking and defending (overlapping and underlapping) across all in-game phases.

Rofiat... you football playing beauty!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2022
To me Imuran is way better than Glory Ogbonna

Randy can just give Imuran and Patricia George this Left Back spot let them both battle it out instead all this Makeshift makeshift

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2022
hismail1:
Will say it again, this Falconet team is better coached than the Super Falcons under Waldrum.

To be honest, I was initially skeptical of Chris Danjuma because of the team's performance under him at the 2018 edition and his subsequent failure to qualify for super falcons for the Olympics after taking over temporarily from Dennerby... But it seems he has improved well... One thing that stands him out is his passion on the touchline...Always on the touchline from kickoff to bark instructions at the girls... Waldrum doesn't have that...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2022
hismail1:
Will say it again, this Falconet team is better coached than the Super Falcons under Waldrum.

No doubt.

But since we are stuck with Waldrum, I'm hoping to giving him the benefit of doubt.

I'll however love for Coach Danjuma to tone down a bit with barking orders at the girls and only do so when expedient. He was on their neck for 90 minutes and at some point was dictating plays for them.

While this of course has its advantages, it may deprive us of some ingenuity some of them posses.

My opinion?

Have at them, but only where necessary.

Cc:

Danielnino00

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Deborah Abiodun and Esther Onyenezide in that midfield is a match made in heaven.

And yes, I saw that strike you refer to. The Canadian keeper was scrambling to save that. Lol.

Deborah Abiodun is a Baller. Has to start vs Holland surely.

hatakekakashi:
That No.4 shirt, Abiodun is one good player. She can hit fairly accurate long rangers too, she hit the top post once.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
And I am glad some others are finally getting on the Rofiat Imuran train.

That girl is pure quality on the left. A real deal talent.

Has fantastic recovery, and a good sense of balancing her attacking and defending (overlapping and underlapping) across all in-game phases.

Rofiat... you football playing beauty!

It is clear she's a natural.. She should be drafted into the super falcons set up ASAP . Payne should be played in her natural position up front...

So far, Flourish, Onyenezeide, Imuran and Demehin are the four players from this set that deserve a chance with the super falcons.... Flourish to add more option on the LW, Onyenezeide to the midfield as a possible replacement for Okobi, Imuran for LB and Demehin as a future replacement for Ebi or backup to Ohale...
Deborah Abiodun is another prospect....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59am On Aug 18, 2022
Deltamani:
To me Imuran is way better than Glory Ogbonna

Randy can just give Imuran and Patricia George this Left Back spot let them both battle it out instead all this Makeshift makeshift

Are you saying just to you?? This was probably my next statement on Imuran.

Let me make it OFFICIAL.

ROFIAT ADENIKE IMURAN IS A FAR BETTER LEFT BACK THAN GLORY OGBONNA.

There I said it... it is official.

Rofiat >>>>>>>>>>> Ogbonna

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:00am On Aug 18, 2022
lovewins:

No doubt.

But since we are stuck with Waldrum, I'm hoping to giving him the benefit of doubt.

I'll however love for Coach Danjuma to tone down a bit with barking orders at the girls and only do so when expedient. He was on their neck for 90 minutes and at some point was dictating plays for them.

While this of course has its advantages, it may deprive us of some ingenuity some of them posses.

My opinion?

Cc:

Danielnino00

Lol. I agree the barking of orders were much (not that I heard them anyway, but post match comment from fans confirmed it), but it appear to be his style.. He was famous for it even at the last edition of the tournament... But as long as it works, it should be fine.. He probably does that because the girls are young..it's easier to coach them...If it was the super falcons,I don't think it will work .. Imagine him barking at Rita to run faster cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

It is clear she's a natural.. She should be drafted into the super falcons set up ASAP . Payne should be played in her natural position up front...

So far, Flourish, Onyenezeide, Imuran and Demehin are the four players from this set that deserve a chance with the super falcons.... Flourish to add more option on the LW, Onyenezeide to the midfield as a possible replacement for Okobi, Imuran for LB and Demehin as a future replacement for Ebi or backup to Ohale...
Deborah Abiodun is another prospect....

Mercy Idoko, Oshobukola and Joy Jerry are other fine prospects too but yes...

...You don talk am finish, Danny. Well said.

Can't wait to see these two star girls below most especially alongside Imuran in the Super Falcons set-up ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

Lol. I agree the barking of orders were much (not that I heard them anyway, but post match comment from fans confirmed it), but it appear to be his style.. He was famous for it even at the last edition of the tournament... But as long as it works, it should be fine.. He probably does that because the girls are young..it's easier to coach them...If it was the super falcons,I don't think it will work .. Imagine him barking at Rita to run faster cheesy

grin Rita go be like...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

To be honest, I was initially skeptical of Chris Danjuma because of the team's performance under him at the 2018 edition and his subsequent failure to qualify for super falcons for the Olympics after taking over temporarily from Dennerby... But it seems he has improved well... One thing that stands him out is his passion on the touchline...Always on the touchline from kickoff to bark instructions at the girls... Waldrum doesn't have that...
......Chris Danjuma is Nigerian, he got green running in his veins, if heat is too much Waldrum will pack his bag and jet out to his country.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2022
lovewins:

No doubt.

My opinion?

Cc:

Danielnino00
...No benefit of doubt for waldrum, if he can bottle Afcon, do not expect much at the world cup......About coach Danjuma barking orders, that is his style, so no big deal. besides, i have feeling the relationship between him and his players are cool, so it wont be a problem when he is backing orders has they understand that he is seeing lapses that are not.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

.....lol as regards barking orders at chikwelu to run faster, rita will be like...run faster kill you there, you sabi my age....lmao.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Chiamaka Nnadozie starts for Paris FC Fem. vs Servette Geneve FC.

Uefa Women's Champions League Qualification round.

A single leg affair.

Game starts in about 1 hour and 4 mins.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Servette Football Club Chênois Féminin against Paris FC of Sandrine Soubeyrand , kick-off at 2pm

I was expecting Coach Sandrine to start Bourdieu ahead of SARR at number 9… anyway let’s go girls

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Chiamaka Nnadozie now wearing her Signature no. 16 for both Club and Country…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

It's obviously his style. My reservation is exactly because they are young. Like you rightly noted, he seem to have a great relationship with the girls, it can however be confusing decision making wise if you'll rather go with what is in your head or what you coach just ordered especially during moments when he's calling out plays.

All they same we should be fine
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
Looks like that 4141 formation really paid off.

I expected he removed Flourish. Maybe he wanted her to score. Only a goal and i hope she's not tracking Linda Caicedo o. She should just focus and play her thing.

Three favourites are out and that gives a booster. Japan though....

I won't be surprised if Netherland take up a cautious approach like Koreans did. They really need to. Our midfield pair are the most impactful to me asides the Spanish midfielders.

Oyono probably got carried away with her stats of a dozen saves in two games. The team physio needs to have a serious talk with her. She needs to be calm and think of doing her best to help the general course. The koreans noticed her fear and reacted fast. She was lucky against them. She's proved she can be up to the task, so why still silly and jittery?

Brazil vS Columbia is a must watch. Sad one of the two gats go home. Columbia are more revved up for the challenge and are also favourites. Linda is on fire. Unless it is quality of opponent. If we were in group A, we would have gotten a dozen goals.

Best of luck to the girls.

For now, most solid group performance are Rofiat Imuran and Onyenezide Esther.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

His constant Calm down cal. Down shouts didn't really work. He needs to find another style. The girls are definitely hot blooded grin
It makes his job easier anyway. They are hungry. As it stands, it's tactics and discipline that looks like his major contribution here.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I think the media teams normally tell them to. Cos it is like that during most tournaments.

Makes sense. Onyenezide and Imuran have definitely caught many eyes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Super Falcons Striker, Ini Umotong retires from professional football

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Football Politics:

NFF President, Amaju Pinnick has told the NFF 44-man Congress that he will not contest the September election.

October 20th was proposed for the election date, but the Congress rejected the proposal and adopted the original date, September 30th.

Here we go!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
⚽ 8' | GOAL FOR PARIS!

Clara Mateo opens the score of an incredible 30 meter lob! AMAZING

1⃣- 0⃣ #PFCSFCCF

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by orriyomi33(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Rooting for Esther Onyenezide to get the golden boot.

#jubileetothe world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
Both Abiodun and Onyenezide used their left and right effortlessly
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
⚽ 32' | GOAL FOR PARIS FC!

Clemaron scores against Clara Mateo's mischievous ball!

2⃣-0⃣ #PFCSFCCF

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
isan:

Using both feet’s effectively is a great plus to any footballer in Modern day football

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
isan:
Onyenezide's was just too perfect. She took a freekick with her right and the ball went for corner, she ran to the other side and still took the corner with her left leg. Absolutely awe-mazing.
The only player I knew who does such thing is Santiago Cazorla.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
Who has watched Netherlands play before? Any chance against them?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

grin Rita go be like...

Danjuma doesn't look like the gentle type, so he will definitely call her bluff and drop her...

To be honest, players like Rita and Ebi ought to have left the team since the 2018 WAFCON... In fact, after we missed out on the Olympic ticket, it was the perfect time to rebuild the team....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (1090) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.