Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (842733 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (1091) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
codemaniacs:

Ajibade and Oshoala are the best strikers in the world..
They are not

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samueltemi337:
They are not

They are the best.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Nor be your national team coach go teach you all these things

Aren't they suppose to learn all these in their club

Footballers play according to the coach's style..

different coaches for club and country means different styles.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2022
Its always amazes how my people think, never on a critical level... It is a testament to why we are were we are as a nation. Every sector/industry, same thought process... We need to go and check our educational system.... shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Even if Guardiola coach our girls with the way they are playing we will still have a slight chance of getting out of that group

So y'all should stop making it seem like once we have a good coach the world cup is ours already

Read through your comments and your arguments are at best flawed.

I really have a problem with arguments making a case for Randy Waldrum while at the same time blaming the players. You can't have it both ways. If the reason why we really can't do well at the world cup is because our players just aren't good enough, then Waldrum should leave us with our not too good enough players since the assumption is that his presence or absence wouldn't make much of a difference. We can at least get out of the group stage without incurring enormous cost in the process.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2022
lovewins:

Read through your comments and your arguments are at best flawed.

I really have a problem with arguments making a case for Randy Waldrum while at the same time blaming the players. You can't have it both ways. If the reason why we really can't do well at the world cup is because our players just aren't good enough, then Waldrum should leave us with our not too good enough players since the assumption is that his presence or absence wouldn't make much of a difference. We can at least get out of the group stage without incurring enormous cost in the process.
I am blaming both the coach and the players
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samueltemi337:

You're blaming only the players..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
codemaniacs:

You're blaming only the players..
I have spoken against Waldrum many times in this thread
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samueltemi337:

If you've followed the Super Falcons game for a while, you'll realize that Randy Waldrum is fundamentally to blame. On the one hand, everything rises and falls on leadership, that's why coaches are usually th first the bear the brunt all over the world (so isn't peculiar to Nigeria). Secondly, he almost always makes tactical errors (which has little or nothing to do with the players).

In the game against Morocco, even a dummy knew what had to be done, but Randy lost that game. With 1 man down we had a goal advantage, he instead left the girls vulnerable instead of making defensive changes. It was also clear to everyone watching that Onumonu was tired, yet he left her to play 120 minutes. He's responsible for her missing that penalty cause her legs were gone and she shouldn't have been left in that game.

Our first game against USA, he started with the worst combination of players possible. Even before the game started we argued here about possible lineup. He corrected it in the second game and we had a much better outing.

He's responsible for who he invites to the team, no one else is. So when we go hard on him as we should, it's because he ultimately calls the shots

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
AkinDS:
O ye of little faith (or in this case, NO faith at all!).

The SF WILL take max pts off Ireland, and will get enough pts off Australia and Canada to qualify out of the group - and this is with Randy in charge.
You can take that to the bank!

Its typical of Nigerians to always want to blame someone else when things don't go the way they want or wish it to go.

The records are still there and will linger for long, Rand Waldrum the Worst SuperFalcons Coach ever,. I just hope he erase that…!

I will definitely pick Florence Omagbemi or Mercy Akide Udoh as Superfalcons Coach over him any day, any time.

Even Uche Ngozi Eucharia is better compared to him
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
lovewins:

If you've followed the Super Falcons game for a while, you'll realize that Randy Waldrum is fundamentally to blame. On the one hand, everything rises and falls on leadership, that's why coaches are usually th first the bear the brunt all over the world (so isn't peculiar to Nigeria). Secondly, he almost always makes tactical errors (which has little or nothing to do with the players).

In the game against Morocco, even a dummy knew what had to be done, but Randy lost that game. With 1 man down we had a goal advantage, he instead left the girls vulnerable instead of making defensive changes. It was also clear to everyone watching that Onumonu was tired, yet he left her to play 120 minutes. He's responsible for her missing that penalty cause her legs were gone and she shouldn't have been left in that game.

Our first game against USA, he started with the worst combination of players possible. Even before the game started we argued here about possible lineup. He corrected it in the second game and we had a much better outing.

He's responsible for who he invites to the team, no one else is. So when we go hard on him as we should, it's because he ultimately calls the shots

Thank you…. Let them continue sugarcoating that Bad and below average Coach…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
YES THIS IS YEARS AGO
The likes of Florence Omagbemi we’re underrating, won the AWCON without the Kind of Supportive environment Randy had… They only played qualifying games after that, Camped for about a Month and went ahead to play the AWCON in 2016 without any quality friendly game. They only played All star Boys in Abuja and Confluence Queen…

Where’s your so called good Coach Couldn’t win AWCON with everything giving to him in a platter of Gold…

Take it Randy is a Failure and Superfalcons team problem..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
I will continue to put it to you that Florence Omagbemi is a better Coach than Randy, Tactically and in every aspect of the Game…

Go back watch 2016 AWCON and this 2022 AWCON.. The difference is clear. Forget about 2016 being some years ago…

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
Deltamani:

The records are still there and will linger for long, Rand Waldrum the Worst SuperFalcons Coach ever,. I just hope he erase that…!

I will definitely pick Florence Omagbemi or Mercy Akide Udoh as Superfalcons Coach over him any day, any time.

Even Uche Ngozi Eucharia is better compared to him

It's even more annoying when they subtly try to put our non-performance on the players. If our being unsuccessful is because our players aren't good enough (which isn't true), why not just leave us with our "not good enough players" and average coaches. At the very least we won't be spending so much while at the same time getting same results.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
Deltamani:
YES THIS IS YEARS AGO
The likes of Florence Omagbemi we’re underrating, won the AWCON without the Kind of Supportive environment Randy had… They only played qualifying games after that, Camped for about a Month and went ahead to play the AWCON in 2016 without any quality friendly game. They only played All star Boys in Abuja and Confluence Queen…

Where’s your so called good Coach Couldn’t win AWCON with everything giving to him in a platter of Gold…

Take it Randy is a Failure and Superfalcons team problem..
And who is calling Waldrum a good coach
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
Y'all hype these girls alot in this thread

I hope they sack Waldrum soon so y'all will realise that he is not the only problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
AkinDS and Co…

Please take your time and watch this games and tell me what improvements Randy have made in the team from 2016 till date…?

Thomas Dennerby was known for his Long balls and trying out 3 CBs ( Ohale, Ikidi and Onome) at the back which didn’t work well but was still better than Randy

Watch this Nigeria game against SA and see the difference between the First and Second half, then you would know that Omagbemi is a Coach not that PHE teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DyRvbasBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qA3vJpo2QU

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W15DPHcY-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWxomDHNr4

The game have evolved yes, But Randy is currently sinking the team and we’re performing worst than before…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
Randy Waldrum can’t figure out a good line up." (No matter the kind of Players available for him)

I have felt ever since he failed Woefully at the WAFCON.. The man knows nothing about assessing his own teams talents or what positions they should play to form a cohesive unit. His inability to create team cohesiveness, to change tactics/ formations during the flow of a game when something is not working, or substituting players as the game situation calls for....all go into his inability and unsuitability for coaching the Superfalcons..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Y'all hype these girls alot in this thread

I hope they sack Waldrum soon so y'all will realise that he is not the only problem

Waldrum is taking the team to the WC.. and he is the only problem... his preference and favoritism towards Onumonu is what's killing the team and not subbing her off early or not changing her position to wing since she knows how to cross and not making early substitutions.. starting veteran players instead of younger players who are better...

Its not hype... We seen them play and know what they bring..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
Road to the World Cup finals..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
NFF President, Ibrahim Gusau spent some time with the Flamingoes at dinner.

Key highlights of the dinner:

The team gets $3000 for their victory in the last game

All camp bonuses and allowances are ready, right there in India

They will get $5000 for a victory against Colombia

$10,000 if they win the trophy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Deltamani:
Road to the World Cup finals..

Nigeria �� half of the draw

B
Australia
Ireland
Nigeria
Canada

D
England
PTW B
Denmark
China

F
France
Jamaica
Brasil
PTW C

H
Germany
Morocco
Colombia
Korea Rep

Nigeria would play 1st or 2nd in D if advanced to the second round
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2022
Waldrum reacts to Super Falcons World Cup draw

Randy Waldrum believes nine-time African champions Nigeria can pull through a tough Group B of the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Australia and New Zealand next year if they continue on the tangent of regular top-grade friendly matches and camping programs.

“I have mixed feelings because it is a difficult group. Host nations are almost always difficult to play, and more than that, Australia is a fantastic team. Also, we have the Olympic champions, Canada in our group. We played the Canadians recently in two friendly matches and I know they are highly motivated for the World Cup.

“I know some of Canada’s players very well. Then, we have the Republic of Ireland. It is a tough group but I think it is the same with most of the groups. It is the FIFA World Cup so you are bound to play the strongest teams. All the groups are difficult and you know, there are so many good teams these days: that is where we are and it is a great thing for the women’s game.”

The American insists that the Super Falcons have the talent, guts, and ambition to cause a storm at the finals scheduled for nine cities across Australia and New Zealand from 20th July – 20th August next year.

“We have, no doubt, the talent to survive in this group. We just need adequate preparations such as the regular friendly matches during international breaks, and then the training camps. The girls are ambitious; they want to give their best at the World Cup. I trust that they will do Nigeria proud.”

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
Flamingoes final training; players and coach speaking on the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM18gYjWMoI

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
How is Randy to blame for Nnadozie's screwup of not holding onto a routine low cross in the 6 yrd box? Common guys, are we groping at straws here?
Isn't this the same defensive posture Nigeria used to hold Morocco at bay for over an hour with two (2) players down? Anything to get at Randy, eh?

lovewins:

In the game against Morocco, even a dummy knew what had to be done, but Randy lost that game. [b]With 1 man down we had a goal advantage, he instead left the girls vulnerable instead of making defensive changes. [/b]It was also clear to everyone watching that Onumonu was tired, yet he left her to play 120 minutes. He's responsible for her missing that penalty cause her legs were gone and she shouldn't have been left in that game.

I guess he is also responsible for players he extended invites to who had to pull out due to injury and visa problems, right? Unbelievable! This is just low on the part of you folks.
lovewins:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Deltamani:
Waldrum reacts to Super Falcons World Cup draw

Randy Waldrum believes nine-time African champions Nigeria can pull through a tough Group B of the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Australia and New Zealand next year if they continue on the tangent of regular top-grade friendly matches and camping programs.

“I have mixed feelings because it is a difficult group. Host nations are almost always difficult to play, and more than that, Australia is a fantastic team. Also, we have the Olympic champions, Canada in our group. We played the Canadians recently in two friendly matches and I know they are highly motivated for the World Cup.

“I know some of Canada’s players very well. Then, we have the Republic of Ireland. It is a tough group but I think it is the same with most of the groups. It is the FIFA World Cup so you are bound to play the strongest teams. All the groups are difficult and you know, there are so many good teams these days: that is where we are and it is a great thing for the women’s game.”

The American insists that the Super Falcons have the talent, guts, and ambition to cause a storm at the finals scheduled for nine cities across Australia and New Zealand from 20th July – 20th August next year.

“We have, no doubt, the talent to survive in this group. We just need adequate preparations such as the regular friendly matches during international breaks, and then the training camps. The girls are ambitious; they want to give their best at the World Cup. I trust that they will do Nigeria proud.”

I'm i the only one that get pissed at how he talks? Which kine coach we carry for Heaven's sake? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
AkinDS:
How is Randy to blame for Nnadozie's screwup of not holding onto a routine low cross in the 6 yrd box? Common guys, are we groping at straws here?
Isn't this the same defensive posture Nigeria used to hold Morocco at bay for over an hour with two (2) players down? Anything to get at Randy, eh?

I guess he is also responsible for players he extended invites to who had to pull out due to injury and visa problems, right? Unbelievable! This is just low on the part of you folks.

Again, grasping at straws while at the same time pivoting responsibility to the players.

First in football, goals a largely a function of opposing teams making mistakes. They are bound to happen even to the best team in the world. It is however a Coach's responsibility to manage a game to reduce the likelihood of that happening.

However, since you conveniently want to rewrite history to suit your narratives, I'll detail events as they happened. Prior to Ayinde receiving th red card, we were largely in control of the game, we however were under intense pressure once that happened and even had to clear the ball off the one twice. The 60th minute however, we were lucky to get a goal. Any dummy who has followed football a bit knows we needed a new strategy immediately to soak the pressure especially because we now had the advantage. The players won't make those changes, only one man would. He sadly didn't and we succumbed 5 minutes later. Of course Nnadozie made a mistake, but it was Randy's responsibility to manage the game in such a way that the chances of that mistake happening will be minimal. He didn't.

Again, you're making excuses about players absence for the friendlies, but we did better in th second game of same friendly, only with a different lineup. Again, he made wrong choices just like he did with th game against South Africa.

Make excuses all you want for Randy but we can see through it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
daveP:

I'm i the only one that get pissed at how he talks? Which kine coach we carry for Heaven's sake? undecided undecided

The same pessimistic, uninspiring and self-defeatist mindset. It is consistent with ALL his press conferences. Imagine him describing Nigeria qualifying from the group as "surviving".

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nah wah!

Few questions for you that jump out are...
1. Is Oshoala playing with the same energy levels then as she is now? (consider pace, finishing, passion, etc?). Ditto that for Oparanozie, Ebi, Ordega, Okobi.
2. Is the tactical organization better then, or better now (by that I mean under Flo vs. Randy?)
3. As a team, did the South Africans have better players then or now?

I challenge you to watch how the South Africans played then and compare it to their team now. That should give you a measure of how much they have improved. And I dare say, IF this SA played Flo's team then, I am not sure I would bet against SA winning. They are more organized, more disciplined and a whole lot more confident now.

The improvements for us now are that our football is more refined in comparison to the past, as we have more tactically and strategically aware players now than back then. I look at the likes of Ajibade, Onumonu, Esther Okoronkwo, Toni Payne, Plumptre, Nnadozie and co and smile, knowing that we have much more capable and exciting players than before. Also, and most importantly (which most of you tend to forget), our team is undergoing a major refresh, as a lot of the old guard are...old, and are being phased out. We have pretty much run the old horses to the ground and now we are forced to onboard younger players and have them grow up overnight. So, to expect the team to play like they should be a well-oiled-machine is definitely NOT going to happen immediately.

I say this with the utmost respect for Flo (who I like a lot) but it's funny that the person who you say is not a PE teacher is someone who has struggled to get a respectable coaching gig in the US, after spending many years there. Her body of work (winning the AWCON) should have been more than enough to get a decent coaching assignment. However, that has not been the case.
Deltamani:
AkinDS and Co…

Please take your time and watch this games and tell me what improvements Randy have made in the team from 2016 till date…?

Thomas Dennerby was known for his Long balls and trying out 3 CBs ( Ohale, Ikidi and Onome) at the back which didn’t work well but was still better than Randy

Watch this Nigeria game against SA and see the difference between the First and Second half, then you would know that Omagbemi is a Coach not that PHE teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DyRvbasBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qA3vJpo2QU
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
codemaniacs:

If Guardiola coaches them then Super Falcons will win the world cup..

Ajibade and Oshoala are the best strikers in the world.

Look at Haaland in Man City then imagine having 2 Haalands in your team or having Lewandowski and Haaland in your team..

That's how strong the Super Falcons are...

Sorry, what did you call Oshoala and Ajibade? Some Nigerians are really funny.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
lovewins:

The same pessimistic, uninspiring and self-defeatist mindset. It is consistent with ALL his press conferences. Imagine him describing Nigeria qualifying from tb group as "surviving".

He talks more like a pundit in an EPL studio than a manager. I won't be surprised he doesn't know his players by name, position. They should get this man off our team.

And someone on here wants to use the excuse of the game in Africa is developing and others are catching up to cover his dumb talks....
If he can't inspire belief in this team, even if they are inadequate, he should getat. We take too much rubbish from guys like this. Argghhhh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (1091) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.