Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,504 members, 7,865,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (842104 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (1090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
Deltamani:
NWFL MD 1 Full Time Results;

Bayelsa Queens 2-0 Rivers Angels

Osun Babes 2-0 Royal Queens

Abia Angels Fc 1-0 Robo Queens

Naija Ratels 3-1 Heartland Queens

Nasarawa Amazon 1-0 Edo Queens

Adamawa Queens 2-0 Ibom Angels

#NWFL23
The ginger of repping at caf wcl will make this league more interesting. It came at the right time. Now this will become more competitive and i believe the best will rep proudly. I also hope we see more female refs that will have blissful careers up to FIFA level.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
River angels no good again
Deltamani:
NWFL MD 1 Full Time Results;

Bayelsa Queens 2-0 Rivers Angels

Osun Babes 2-0 Royal Queens

Abia Angels Fc 1-0 Robo Queens

Naija Ratels 3-1 Heartland Queens

Nasarawa Amazon 1-0 Edo Queens

Adamawa Queens 2-0 Ibom Angels

#NWFL23
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
isan:
River angels no good again

Regardless I wasn’t expecting Rivers Angels to beat Bayelsa Queens that just returned from CAF Women’s Champions League, their squad look very solid and Competitive unlike Rivers that brought in new players like Superfalcon Home Based Center Back Akudo Ogbonna and Co..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2022
Free Agent Charity Adule join Spanish Liga side Alhama CF ElPozo

Good luck in this new stage, Xaxa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
Deltamani:
Free Agent Charity Adule join Spanish Liga side Alhama CF ElPozo

Good luck in this new stage, Xaxa.

Yet another Nigerian player in Spain.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
Rashhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2022
Still on Recovery

Esther Ijeoma Okoronkwo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
Real Sociedad really showing us how to play this Barcelona team. Don't give them space to play. They are currently leading Barcelona by a goal.

Sociedad should have been up 3 goals.

Asisat really needs to learn how to take on defenders. Realized that even if she wants to be selfish like her Barcelona teammates, she can't because she can't take defenders on save for pace.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
lovewins:
Real Sociedad really showing us how to play this Barcelona team. Don't give them space to play. They are currently leading Barcelona by a goal.

Sociedad should have been up 3 goals.

Asisat really needs to learn how to take on defenders. Realized that even if she wants to be selfish like her Barcelona teammates, she can't because she can't take defenders on save for pace.

Also her touch is so bad. She used to get away with bad touches because she reacts faster than her maker in the past, now that reaction time is gone. Any bad touch like this, she gets dispossessed immediately.
Anyway, the only way Sociedad can win this game is to continue pressing like the way they were doing in the first half. Any attempt to try and Sit back will not help them. it wil only make Barcelona to come back into the game, because Barca dont have problem breaking down parked buses in defense

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2022
timay1:

Also her touch is so bad. She used to get away with bad touches because she reacts faster than her maker in the past, now that reaction time is gone. Any bad touch like this, she gets dispossessed immediately.
Anyway, the only way Sociedad can win this game is to continue pressing like the way they were doing in the first half. Any attempt to try and Sit back will not help them. it wil only make Barcelona to come back into the game, because Barca dont have problem breaking down parked buses in defense

They sadly didn't take your advice. Why sit back when pressing was working. I however think the goal was offside.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2022
If the owners are not prepared to invest in the team they should get out of Leicester. They need players NOW! The current squad are just not ready for this level. Some great potential, tons of effort, but not enough experience.

Two goals all season? And one of them an own goal? Twenty-five conceded?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2022
Chiamaka Nnadozie vs Lyon

That hand injury might be a problem going forward. She has still not recovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izk32WnfQ94

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
Rinsola Babajide is the Real Betis player of the month.

https://twitter.com/RealBetisFem/status/1599077471176904704

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2022
Roosa Ariyo assist as ClubYLA draw with KV Mechelen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2022
Please where can I find the complete NWFL schedule?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Please where can I find the complete NWFL schedule?

PDF…?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Deltamani:

PDF…?

Yea sure anyone available

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Yea sure anyone available

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
[quote author=Deltamani post=118899852][/quote]

U are the biggest boss Sir. Thank u so much

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Chiamaka Nnadozie vs Lyon

That hand injury might be a problem going forward. She has still not recovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izk32WnfQ94

Probably psychological.

Hand has physically healed but the trauma of the injury is making her not to fully commit herself so that the injury won't reoccur. It's all in her head, and she needs some psychological help, or else it will take time for her to fully heal the mental aspect.

Same thing happened to Luke shaw after he broke his leg. Man was physically fine but he wasn't 100% mentally since then and usually play half heartedly. He even started gaining weight at some point.

Footballers go through a lot after injuries. It's one of the reasons some footballers become a shadow of themselves after an injury. Different people have different mental strength.

However, on rare cases, some people become better than their normal ability, after an injury. Everything is all in the head.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2022
timay1:

Probably psychological.

Hand has physically healed but the trauma of the injury is making her not to fully commit herself so that the injury won't reoccur. It's all in her head, and she needs some psychological help, or else it will take time for her to fully heal the mental aspect.

Same thing happened to Luke shaw after he broke his leg. Man was physically fine but he wasn't 100% mentally since then and usually play half heartedly. He even started gaining weight at some point.

Footballers go through a lot after injuries. It's one of the reasons some footballers become a shadow of themselves after an injury. Different people have different mental strength.

However, on rare cases, some people become better than their normal ability, after an injury. Everything is all in the head.
Bravo. And let me add that it takes just a single or double moment of risk to overcome this mental aspect.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2022
Ngozi Okobi Club Eskilstuana United to drop out of Top Division..

The licensing boards have not granted the elite license for Eskilstuna United DFF and the team will be moved down to the Elite until 2023.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Debut for Charity Adule

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
My Dad Swore That I'll Never Become Useful In Life; And He Chased Me Out Of The House - Chiamaka Nnadozie �

Super Falcons goalie Chiamaka Nnadozie has let the cat out of the bag concerning his little begining as an amateur playing in Nigeria, as a Nigerian under Nigerian parents.

"I kept on going because of my Dad, at a point he swore that I will never become somebody in life," she told Eagles Tracker in an interview session.

"He has concluded that I'm just going to be a useless person in life.

"At a point, my Dad chased me out of the house because I refused to learn a trade; then I gave myself time that if by 20years of age I don't make it in life, I will go back to my Dad and ask for forgiveness," she added.

She continued, "Before I am even 15, I got a call-up by the U-17, that was a stepping stone; and when he saw me on television he was happy and called back that I'm his daughter."

"He was really the one that motivated me," she concluded.

21-year-old Chiamaka is playing for Paris FC in France's Feminine Division and the Nigeria National Team.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2022
Deltamani:
My Dad Swore That I'll Never Become Useful In Life; And He Chased Me Out Of The House - Chiamaka Nnadozie �

Super Falcons goalie Chiamaka Nnadozie has let the cat out of the bag concerning his little begining as an amateur playing in Nigeria, as a Nigerian under Nigerian parents.

"I kept on going because of my Dad, at a point he swore that I will never become somebody in life," she told Eagles Tracker in an interview session.

"He has concluded that I'm just going to be a useless person in life.

"At a point, my Dad chased me out of the house because I refused to learn a trade; then I gave myself time that if by 20years of age I don't make it in life, I will go back to my Dad and ask for forgiveness," she added.

She continued, "Before I am even 15, I got a call-up by the U-17, that was a stepping stone; and when he saw me on television he was happy and called back that I'm his daughter."

"He was really the one that motivated me," she concluded.

21-year-old Chiamaka is playing for Paris FC in France's Feminine Division and the Nigeria National Team.

What a story she's had.. At just 21, she's one of the Very best shot stoppers out there. And there's still more years ahead for her and room for improvement..Easily My best SF's player..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
Michelle Alozie serving us sexiness wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2022
Superfalcons Midfielders

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Deltamani:
Superfalcons Midfielders
I recognize Otu but the other?... I can't
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
mostob:
I recognize Otu but the other?... I can't

Joy Bokiri…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Deltamani:

Joy Bokiri…
ok
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
Chiamaka vs PSG

Maybe a little slow to react to the goal but that's just cos of her high standards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPgG5_FA-0

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (1090) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.