Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802129 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2023
mostob:
You didn't drop any name. You mentioned Opeyemi, Alani, Usani and others. You didn't mention those they will replace.

It's like you stopped reading the post at the point where I said "you should be ashamed".. maybe I should remove the "you should be ashamed" part it seemed to have irritated you.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2023
mostob:
Oga Basco, what if the team divides? Onome Ebi as the player coach will even be tougher not to talk of Okobi.
An ideal player coach should be someone the team respect and look up to and IMO, Okobi and Ebi is neither of both.

I didn't say she should be coach ooo. I'm just saying I was impressed with her team spirit

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2023
daveP:
😹😹😹😹😹😹

The thing dey vex me that it looks predictable to know what is going on backstage. Mtchew

Lesson Master should getat.
😂😂

Man, we have really been unlucky with hiring mediocre coaches for both the Super Falcons and Super Eagles..

But I’m also thinking the players may be deliberately playing poorly in order to force the NFF to fire Waldrum. I say this because I can’t fathom how supposedly professional footballers would be struggling to string more than 3 passes in the opponents’ half or in the middle of the park. 🤦🏾🤦🏾

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2023
INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
Half Time Results

Benin 0:3 Ghana Black Queens

Princella Adubea ⚽ 28
Princess Owusu ⚽ 37
Evelyn Badu ⚽ 45+2

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't say she should be coach ooo. I'm just saying I was impressed with her team spirit
Oh...I misunderstood you. I get you now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2023
mostob:
Okobi? grin grin grin

Comot for there see your mouth 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I mean Aunty Onome Ebi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Some are busy suggesting player-coach. because the National team looks like Bayelsa Queens to you right?
But somebody suggested a part-time coach the other day and you supported it if I'm not mistaken.... The national team looks like Naija Ratels abi?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2023
do4luv14:

Comot for there see your mouth 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mean Aunty Onome Ebi
grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
Danielnino00:

But somebody suggested a part-time coach the other day and you supported it if I'm not mistaken.... The national team looks like Naija Ratels abi?
So because Randy is underperforming, you just rush and carry a member of the squad without any coaching experience and make the person a world cup coach and a player at the same time. So she can play any position she likes, invite those she likes and put her friends wherever she likes.

No offense, but some of you are not intelligent AT ALL.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Towbaba500(m): 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2023
Sir AkinDS I would love to know your stance regarding randy . Do you still prefer he take us to the world cup

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
So because Randy is underperforming, you just rush and carry a member of the squad without any coaching experience and make the person a world cup coach and a player at the same time. So she can play any position she likes, invite those she likes and put her friends wherever she likes.

I never in any way support the idea of a player-coach for the super falcons... I'm merely pointing out that it is hypocritical for you to condemn the idea of a player-coach when you also supported having a part time coach for the team..

You aren't in anyway more intelligent than anybody here... If anything,you're cocky...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
Towbaba500:
Sir AkinDS I would love to know your stance regarding randy . Do you still prefer he take us to the world cup
.. Waiting foe this response. CcAkinDs.. cool cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:03am On Feb 20, 2023
She Believes Cup

Results

Brasil 🇧🇷 0-2 Canadá 🍁
Gilles 31
Viens 71

USA 🇺🇸 1-0 Japan 🇯🇵
Swanson 45

USA 🇺🇸 6
Canada 🍁 3
Brasil 🇧🇷 3
Japan 🇯🇵 0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2023
Danielnino00:

I never in any way support the idea of a player-coach for the super falcons... I'm merely pointing out that it is hypocritical for you to condemn the idea of a player-coach when you also supported having a part time coach for the team..

You aren't in anyway more intelligent than anybody here... If anything,you're cocky...

Please let forget about all this arguments and focus on the main one on ground which is the need for a New Coach for the Superfalcon, Randy isn’t the man at all…

We need someone who can grind out Victories for the team at least with above average play.. unlike Randy who plays badly and still loses..

The Lose to Mexico and Colombia should get him sacked immediately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:39am On Feb 20, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

NFF won’t and can’t buy such idea… The least they will go for is appointing an interim Coach after Sacking Randy that’s all…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:40am On Feb 20, 2023
Danielnino00:

Abeg leave all this People jor… People da talk make them still talk..

A whole Nigeria Senior Women National Team, not even the U17 or maybe U20 sef.. I wonder how poor Nigeria is that warrants such idea
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2023
We nor fit da this same group with New Zealand

International Friendly:
🇳🇿NEW ZEALAND 0-2 ARGENTINA🇦🇷
⚽0 - 1 17' M. Larroquette
⚽0 - 2 90' A. Cometti (🅰️ Y. Rodríguez)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:49am On Feb 20, 2023
Deltamani:

Abeg leave all this People jor… People da talk make them still talk..

A whole Nigeria Senior Women National Team, not even the U17 or maybe U20 sef.. I wonder how poor Nigeria is that warrants such idea

People have said all sort of rubbish to defend Randy on this thread... But the part time coach idea was really ridiculous.
I even asked them to list the countries that have adopted that model and benefited from it...them no fit reply... Dem come dey call others unintelligent...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
International Friendly
Ireland and Zambia announce International Friendly

Republic of Ireland v Zambia
Thursday, June 22
Tallaght Stadium
KO 19:30 BST
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
Danielnino00:

People have said all sort of rubbish to defend Randy on this thread... But the part time coach idea was really ridiculous.
I even asked them to list the countries that have adopted that model and benefited from it...them no fit reply... Dem come dey call others unintelligent...

Let’s forget about this people Abeg,
The main problem now is how to sack Randy and Pay him off..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Deltamani:

His deal with Pinnick smells "shaddy". This guys was literally without a contract from months and even went to Morocco without a contract as his previous contract had expired. He then finished with the worst possible record for the Falcons and Pinnick felt the best way to reward him was a 2 year deal. Amaju more or less tied us to him and made sure we'll somehow get hurt if we let go. What's wrong with giving him a one year contract? If that was the case we could easily have gone her different ways now since it wouldn't be a burden paying him off with a few months left.

Now the NFF doesn't have money, and they've been left carrying the bag. Just sad.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
Danielnino00:

I said then that hiring a world class coach on part time is way better than hiring a mediocre coach full-time. You did not repeat my statement in its proper context.

My initial comment was not directed to you. You're the one who jumped in to respond. So don't reply again, I don't have time to do keyboard warfare.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
It’s very clear and obvious that PHE teacher Randy Waldrum is the one taking the Superfalcon to the FIFA Women’s World Cup..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
Deltamani:
She Believes Cup

Results

Brasil 🇧🇷 0-2 Canadá 🍁
Gilles 31
Viens 71

USA 🇺🇸 1-0 Japan 🇯🇵
Swanson 45

USA 🇺🇸 6
Canada 🍁 3
Brasil 🇧🇷 3
Japan 🇯🇵 0
Imagine Falcons playing in this tournament. cheesy
Na shovel we go dey use pack goals inside our net.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
True bruh, I suggested the same approach with the SE sometime back. Opening the SE job as a part-time opportunity gives us way more options than we've got now. A home coach can do all the training, scouting and keeping tabs on players. The main coach returns during the international break and sets the team strategy. This would cut down costs by up to 75%. We could easily get an average top 5 league coach handle the SE that way.

I don't see why that should not apply to the SE if not for unnecessary pride. Nigeria is not a wealthy country that can afford to take the same approach seen in Europe. Another strategy I proposed was crowdfunding. A non-profit can easily be set up to solicit funds from fans. That way, a lot of money can be generated, which can be spent not just on the national teams but also on the leagues.

Here's the post you made to support the idea... Point out where I misquoted you..

You can't make ridiculous suggestions for the team and slam others for making similar suggestions..

The part time coach and player/coach ideas are both ridiculous...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
Deltamani:

Forget it . Randy is going to the world cup.... It's after the world cup he will be sacked or resign...

I hope after the world cup, the team gets a proper rebuild .. not just with Randy's exist but also that of some players .. We have an Olympics to prepare for...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
PDPGuy:

😂😂

Man, we have really been unlucky with hiring mediocre coaches for both the Super Falcons and Super Eagles..

But I’m also thinking the players may be deliberately playing poorly in order to force the NFF to fire Waldrum. I say this because I can’t fathom how supposedly professional footballers would be struggling to string more than 3 passes in the opponents’ half or in the middle of the park. 🤦🏾🤦🏾

If that's the case, it is welcome. You can't be calling yourselves leaders that want the best and continue to sabotage careers and glory and talents like they are nothing but numbers. That is what is making others leave us behind, no really because we can't perform.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
See who Ona opponent da Play ooooo, Women's International Friendly

Apr 11 7.45pm

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Australia 🇦🇺
At Brentford

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
Leon Mexico :
Yours sincerely with the president of Football Coaches Association Of African Nations (FCAN)@Dr Terry Eguaoje Terry Eguaoje at the Estadio Leon.
* With Coach Rafiu Yussuf , a technical member of the NFF
* Pictures from our last training in Mexico, we go for our last game tomorrow.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
Deltamani:
See who Ona opponent da Play ooooo, Women's International Friendly

Apr 11 7.45pm

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Australia 🇦🇺
At Brentford
....i have given up...no need, i am on sabbatical till waldrum is sacked, if it is another 5 years all well and good, no need to watch any game or if i watch no need to take it serious, i am just glad,i still have another source of joy that will be repping the green,white, green in the Dtigress of Nigeria(Senior Female basketball team), hope to see them win another title by august. The men in the Glass house(NFF) do not care much,i think i should do the same for my health. It is just sad that i see what happened with the super eagles, slowly begin to happen to the Falcons, if it is not addressed fast. I remember growing up, when the Super eagles had matches, you will see people rushing home from work,closing their shops, the ones that could not go home, will find a big t.v for them and others around to watch, the street became empty at such times. you will see people rushing to get things done at half time, and soon second half starts, you do see people rushing to continue watching, talking of days of Baba Yekini of blessed memory, Amokachi(the bull, Jay-Jay to name a few. then the decline started, it got bad that fans were booing super eagles of Nigeria and praising the the opponent on home soil(surulere National stadium). I fear that is where the Falcons are going to with this trajectory,our dear falcons that has brought so much joy over the years, however, at this point, it is so hard to watch. May Waldrum happen to everyone that had hand in this eye saw decline that the falcons are on(AMEN).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:44am On Feb 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Here's the post you made to support the idea... Point out where I misquoted you..

You can't make ridiculous suggestions for the team and slam others for making similar suggestions..

The part time coach and player/coach ideas are both ridiculous...
Did you not see where I stated that a part-time can help bring in a Top 5 league coach. So if Mourinho coaches Nigeria part-time then any full time coach must be better than him? What is ridiculous about that?

You know what else is ridiculous? Your definition of the word ridiculous. I'm done with this your silly argument. You quote me yet you don't even read what you quote.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2023
Deltamani:

The money to pay Randy off is the major problem right now, So they can’t even afford a World Class Coach like Morocco and Algeria have done..

The best for now will be Ex- international and Florence Omagbemi and Mercy Akide Udoh stands out among the rest..

The same old foolish Nigerian knee jack approach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.