Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804702 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
FT: Serbia 🇷🇸 (3) - (2) South Africa 🇿🇦
8' Slovic V. [SRB]
19' Mijatovic M. [SRB]
22' Damjanovic N. [SRB]
30' Magaia H. [SOU]
79' Seoposenwe J. [SOU]

Decent response by the African champs, coming from two goals down by the 22nd minute to almost nicking a draw, with Hildah Magaia pulling one back and Jermaine Seoposenwe adding a second.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

How did u see the penalty?
Actually I was trying to respond to Desire Oparanozie's sub appearance where she had a great game. For the Delta queens game, I agree the penalty shouldn't have been given. Men, isn't the grass on the pitch too high?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Deltamani:
This matter still da ground for Twitter ooo

How they voted against Asisat Oshoala

Osasu go look for wahala by using the word rubbish on Chuks. That's how they dug up 2019 mata. Now it seems i understand Oshoala's tweet better.

What i hate about the dig up are those fools using this in a yoruba vs igbo tribal situation. They don't even know the back stories. They just want to push silly narratives. Shameless lots.

For now, if I'm a SE player seeing better pitch daily for years at my club, everytime i want to fly to Nigeria to rep my country, as soon as i board plane, I'll start having PTSD just cos of the rubbish substandard pitch and facilities on ground. That's a fact. Another is the so called medics that attend to players when down...oh my God!!! Do they even know what they are doing?

And I'll be switching mindset every month of the year about lush and good pitch to cattle grazing farm standard.

We used to say its no excuse but the national team deserve topnotch facilities and services.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Deltamani:

Uwak probably would have been African greatest woman footballer, Her name keep bringing back those memories, I wish there wasn’t any Sexuality issues that resulted to Coach Eucharia kicking her out of the team, this girl was just too complete as a Striker not like this our present ones..

Imagine a Coach dropping her Best Striker From the AWC and World Cup Squad and even going on to render an interview because of this Sex Life issue...!
Goalkeeper Racheal Ayegba was angry and spoke out because of Eucharia dropping Uwak as at then.. If Uwak was in the 2011 World Cup Squad, the likes of Oparanozie, Orji would have been coming from the bench…
Anyway it’s in the Past now..
The issues are that there are alway puppetmasters in Nigerian football than we wish to admit. Eucharia had strong backing from powers that be then. She too no try. E dey shark her like bread and akara then. To see her replacement na wahala till date.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Unlimited22:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] shocked
Perpetua Nkwocha, Mercy Akide, Faith Ikidi, Cynthia Uwak, Precious Dede.

Even casuals will remember these names for a long long time
very long time to come. The series will help alot.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
daveP:
very long time to come. The series will help alot.

At the mention of Faith Ikidi, you just want me to start spilling out anyways she’s another well respected Superfalcon Player, the way her teammates da respect her da always give me joy...

Anyway, This Lady never still get replacement till date, When Faith Ikidi was really Faith Ikidi which Forward dare to torment her territory? Ask Abby Wambach, Birgit Prinz them go confirm am. One of the most Confident and risk taking Full back ever..

I was think Patricia George was her possible replacement when I saw her defending and the way she wins the ball back, how she rapport the ball too. But injuries seems to have cut her Pro Career short. I just hope she comes back to the game sooner than expected, since she said she’s taking a break till the end of the year.!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
daveP:
The issues are that there are alway puppetmasters in Nigerian football than we wish to admit. Eucharia had strong backing from powers that be then. She too no try. E dey shark her like bread and akara then. To see her replacement na wahala till date.

FIFA did caution Eucharia then concerning her remarks about Lesbianism. As for Uwak she too do, Say she keep her Sex Life aside play the ball wha we want she for go far well well.. Someone who played in almost all the big leagues then, Germany🇩🇪, France🇫🇷, Sweden🇸🇪 and Finland 🇫🇮..

By the way, Finland couldn’t even keep up with the growth of their Women football because back then their league was very Competitive and their Clubs do gets to the Round of 16/Quarterfinal of the UEFA Women’s Champions League back then. I remember when PK-35 Vantaa always ended up meeting Lyon and Birmingham in the Quarterfinals..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

Vera Okolo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Actually I was trying to respond to Desire Oparanozie's sub appearance where she had a great game. For the Delta queens game, I agree the penalty shouldn't have been given. Men, isn't the grass on the pitch too high?

Desire showed a little of wat she brings to the table. She held the ball up, linked up beautifully and was also selfless. I hope she gets more time in the next game.

The Asaba pitch needs a proper lawnmower. The grass seems good enough but it is always a bit too high. I hope they are not using weed trimmers to do the job.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Deltamani:

At the mention of Faith Ikidi, you just want me to start spilling out anyways she’s another well respected Superfalcon Player, the way her teammates da respect her da always give me joy...

Anyway, This Lady never still get replacement till date, When Faith Ikidi was really Faith Ikidi which Forward dare to torment her territory? Ask Abby Wambach, Birgit Prinz them go confirm am. One of the most Confident and risk taking Full back ever..

I was think Patricia George was her possible replacement when I saw her defending and the way she wins the ball back, how she rapport the ball too. But injuries seems to have cut her Pro Career short. I just hope she comes back to the game sooner than expected, since she said she’s taking a break till the end of the year.!

The talents are much but still yet to get replacement. Kon add bad Coach ontop the wahala. The most outstanding replacement in a long long while that makes one's heart to be calm when watching is Ohale.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
daveP:

The talents are much but still yet to get replacement. Kon add bad Coach ontop the wahala. The most outstanding replacement in a long long while that makes one's heart to be calm when watching is Ohale.

Ohale burst into the Superfalcon with full force, her Physical prowess is something I love so much but age is gradually creeping in…

Back then during the 2010 AWCON against Equatorial Guinea 🇬🇶 she was actually the one who stood firm against the so called male players of E/Guinea Salimata Simpore and Biliguisi Simpore…
2011 FIFA Women World Cup against the ever Physical German team She gave it to the likes of Birgit Prinz, Alexander popp back to back..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Desire showed a little of wat she brings to the table. She held the ball up, linked up beautifully and was also selfless. I hope she gets more time in the next game.

The Asaba pitch needs a proper lawnmower. The grass seems good enough but it is always a bit too high. I hope they are not using weed trimmers to do the job.

Some People here said Oparanozie have nothing to offer oo, The only bad side of Oparanozie right now game is Lack of Pace…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
Back to the here and now...

If you asked any young Nigerian girl (secondary school or univ.) if they were familiar with the names you listed, they all will look at you with a blank stare. The names that will light up their faces with a smile will be Super Zee, Rash and perhaps, Oparanozie.

The greatest female Nigerian football player of ALL time is Oshoala. Take it or leave it. And this is based on what she has accomplished on the continent and globally, especially in this day and age where a whole lot more people are aware of women's football and how impactful it has become.
Back then, when those you listed played, most countries didn't even know women's football existed, and it was quite easy for Nigeria to dominate. Not so anymore!

*And that little selfish stunt Perpetual did, with regarding the CAF award votes, just negated any and all respect one could have had for her.

Unlimited22:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
AkinDS:
Back to the here and now...

If you asked any young Nigerian girl (secondary school or univ.) if they were familiar with the names you listed, they all will look at you with a blank stare. The names that will light up their faces with a smile will be Super Zee, Rash and perhaps, Oparanozie.

The greatest female Nigerian player of ALL time is Oshoala. Take it or leave it. And this is based on what she has accomplished on the continent and globally, especially in this day and age where a whole lot more people are aware of women's football and how impactful it has become.
Back then, when those you listed played, most countries didn't even know women's football existed, and it was quite easy for Nigeria to dominate. Not so anymore!

*And that little selfish stunt Perpetual did, with regarding the CAF award votes, just negated any and all respect one could have had for her.

Surprised many skipped Oshoala quite honestly. Justifiably Perpetual would have been the first name on my list because I saw her play, but Oshoala ideally should be next. Surprised and a little disappointed that she isn't getting the regard she so obviously has earned.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
AkinDS:

Perpetual's impact as a player has earned her the benefit of doubt. On the surface, it appears obvious why she voted the way she did, but the joy she gave Nigerians during her playing days in my opinion has earned her a "get out of jail free card". Asisat also appears to relate very well with her since the incident so it makes sense to allow sleeping dog lie. But yea, it was disappointing.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Note suprised at all.
The amount of vitriol she has received, most especially from her fellow NIgerians, is not only shameful but disgraceful.
lovewins:

Surprised many skipped Oshoala quite honestly. Justifiably Perpetual would have been the first name on my list because I saw her play, but Oshoala is obviously should be next. Surprised and a little disappointed that she isn't getting the regard she so obviously has earned.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
AkinDS:
Note suprised at all.
The amount of vitriol she has received, most especially from her fellow NIgerians, is not only shameful but disgraceful.

It's ridiculous quite frankly. I do not shy away in critiquing Asisat whenever she has a bad game and highlighted on this platforms areas I believe she should improve on. It doesn't in anyway take away from the legendary status she's built for herself. I mean she's the most decorated female player out of Africa.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
🚨FULL TIME: 🇩🇿Algeria 4-0 🇹🇿Tanzania

Algeria came out tops with an emphatic victory over their visitors at the Nelson Mandela Baraki stadium in a warm up match.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2023
What time is our game today please?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2023
mostob:
What time is our game today please?

2pm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2023
naptu2:

2pm
ok sir... thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40am On Apr 11, 2023
The Top 4 names here in no particular order are obviously Akide, Nkwocha, Oshoala and Uwak.

Uwak was a boss. Will never forget her exploits at the 2006 FIFA U20 Women's WC, the Wafcon 2004 (4 goals) and the Wafcon 2006 (6 goals). Nkwocha was top scorer in those two Wafcon editions with Uwak coming second twice. Was winner of CAF WPOTY twice as well but she doesn't make my top 2.

Akide, Nkwocha and Oshoala need no introduction.

It's a tough pick for me. 2 out of 6? I can't even comfortably pick 2 out of these aforementioned 4.

But one thing is certain Oshoala makes the 2. The problem for me is who to pick between Marvellous Mercy and the Mesmerising Nkwocha. But if I take into account Nkwocha's silly decision to sabotage Oshoala's chances of a 4th CAF WPOTY back in 2019, then I might rule her out but then, I cannot just forget her high-end technical quality on the ball coupled with her ever brutal finishing and she wasn't a pure number 9.

Honestly, an attack featuring all 3 of them will be crazy. Nkwocha behind Akide, then Oshoala from the right or left of attack. Evils. That attack could reach the WC Semis. Lol

Picking 2? I still can't abeg but Oshoala definitely makes it in. We are still in her era and the Babe is going for CAF WPOTY award number 6. Lol

Deltamani:
You can only pick two out of the six. Women’s edition. Who are you picking?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:44am On Apr 11, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
Our line up against New Zealand 🇳🇿 this afternoon
Randy Waldrum retain the same Starting Line Up
Let's do this! 💃🔥

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
Any link please

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2023
Here is New Zealand Starting 11 vs @NGSuper_Falcons

Jitka Klimková makes one change to her starting XI with Gabi Rennie coming in for the injured Liv Chance.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
FT: 🇰🇷South Korea (5) -(0) Zambia 🇿🇲

Lee Geum-min nets hat-trick (she netted a brace in the first tie), Park Eun-sun bags brace as Zambia concede 10 in the double-header friendly away to South Korea.

32' Lee Geum-Min (Penalty) [SOU]
34' Park Eun-Sun [SOU]
53' Lee Geum-Min [SOU]
77' Lee Geum-Min (Penalty) [SOU]
89' Park Eun-Sun [SOU]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by damirosky60: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Any link
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Will any tv station show the match?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
NFF TV on YouTube are gonna show it according to the Twitter acct of the super falcons...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kick of time is 2:00pm

But no matter the outcome

I want the Randy man out.....

I've not seen any improvement with the super falcons under him
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nice to see male referees out there grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.