Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,258 members, 7,864,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (841435 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (1090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
CoolJulian:

Kanu, faster than Oshoala? You must be joking, or you believe so because she declared it.

I can’t attest to Kanu being faster than Asisat Oshoala but she’s one of the quickest Forwards in SuperFalcons.. Ordega used to be the 2nd Fastest Forward in the SuperFalcons and yes she’s still very quick, those who watch the CSKA Moscow game can attest to this..

Ajibade, Esther and Monday Gift are fast too but they’re below Oshoala, Ordega and Kanu in the Pecking Order.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Deltamani:

I can’t attest to Kanu being faster than Asisat Oshoala but she’s one of the quickest Forwards in SuperFalcons.. Ordega used to be the 2nd Fastest Forward in the SuperFalcons and yes she’s still very quick, those who watch the CSKA Moscow game can attest to this..

Ajibade, Esther and Monday Gift are fast too but they’re below Oshoala, Ordega and Kanu in the Pecking Order.

Gift Monday is the fastest outside Oshoala. If u watched her in liga F she was just breezing by people. Oshoala is still the fastest IMO just that Barcelona don't need her to be super zee as much.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:31am On Jul 10, 2023
10 days to the mundial…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 6:25am On Jul 10, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Gift Monday is the fastest outside Oshoala. If u watched her in liga F she was just breezing by people. Oshoala is still the fastest IMO just that Barcelona don't need her to be super zee as much.

This is more like it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2023
SIX SUPER FALCONS PLAYERS GET UZODIMMA’S N30M LARGESS

The six Super Falcons players from Imo State who participated in the 2022 Africa Women Championship in Mororoco have received the sum of N30 million largess which the Sports loving Governor, Sen Hope Uzodimma promised to give them.
Governor Uzodinma announced a N5 million donation for each of the six Super Falcons players from Imo State who participated in the Africa Women Championship in Morocco when they paid him a courtesy call at the Government House Owerri.
The beneficiary of the Government’s largess include: Desire Okparanozie, Goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie, Vivian Ikechukwu, Goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi, Ohale Osinachi and America born Michelle Alozie.
The Governor said he was particularly touched by the display of football artistry exhibited by the women folk against their Morrocan competitors, noting that the six ladies not only did Nigeria proud but Imo State where they hail from.
He congratulated the Super Falcons for also qualifying for the Women World cup holding in Australia and New Zealand from July 20 till August, 20, 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2023
PDPGuy:
10 days to the mundial…

We are jokers in this country.
Super Falcons have not played any friendlies so far and we expect to do well.
NFF na scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:
SIX SUPER FALCONS PLAYERS GET UZODIMMA’S N30M LARGESS

The six Super Falcons players from Imo State who participated in the 2022 Africa Women Championship in Mororoco have received the sum of N30 million largess which the Sports loving Governor, Sen Hope Uzodimma promised to give them.
Governor Uzodinma announced a N5 million donation for each of the six Super Falcons players from Imo State who participated in the Africa Women Championship in Morocco when they paid him a courtesy call at the Government House Owerri.
The beneficiary of the Government’s largess include: Desire Okparanozie, Goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie, Vivian Ikechukwu, Goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi, Ohale Osinachi and America born Michelle Alozie.
The Governor said he was particularly touched by the display of football artistry exhibited by the women folk against their Morrocan competitors, noting that the six ladies not only did Nigeria proud but Imo State where they hail from.
He congratulated the Super Falcons for also qualifying for the Women World cup holding in Australia and New Zealand from July 20 till August, 20, 2023.

Have they received the money? Hope it isn't audio announcement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2023
solonnachi:

We are jokers in this country.
Super Falcons have not played any friendlies so far and we expect to do well.
NFF na scam

We are not the only one sha. Even though I agree with you cause compared to others we need the friendly. USA has just one friendly with Wales and I don't think they will be having any other. Canada didn't have any at all like us.

My hope is that Randy can negotiate a scrimmage (to ven if it is closed doors) with another team there, even though negotiations like this are fine at FA level and so makes this not feasible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2023
From OSASU OBAYIUWANA

On Friday, this is the message that I sent to former @thenff president @PinnickAmaju - the man who hired @NGSuper_Falcons @CoachWaldrum and failed to pay him for several months, which contributed to the 14 month backlog of wages, of which just 7 months were paid about a month ago.
You can see Pinnick’s lame reply. 😆

He is very lucky that I’m not the type of journalist that exposes people’s non-football lives or conduct. Or I would make mincemeat of him on social media.

People in African football, including journalists, knows what he does, when he is at tournaments.🙂

Pinnick was the first @thenff president in NFF history, to hire a Super Falcons coach on a PART-TIME, side-gig basis, which Waldrum insisted on, because, as he rightly predicted, the NFF would fail to pay his wages on time and therefore kept his @Pitt_WSOC job, where his wages will come without fail.

This is the legacy Pinnick left behind for the most successful national team in @CAF_Online history. Is it one that he, and #Nigeria, should be proud of?

#Nigerians, over to you…

Nigerians that hold public office especially those with so-called connections know they cannot be held accountable. That's why @PinnickAmaju feels he achieved a lot despite his devastating failure as NFF chief.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2023
Will Lack of Spies and Video Analysts Harm The Super Falcons in The World Cup?

Will A Lack Of Spies Sink Super Falcons War Efforts?
It is a well known practice in the world of combat for oppositions to spy on each others capabilities in order to identify weaknesses to exploit, thereby bringing about the downfall of their foes.

Sadly, of late, I have become accustomed to reading articles after articles of how rival coaches defeated Nigeria. "How We Defeated The Super Eagles/Falcons" headlines followed painful losses against the following opponents in the last 2 years: Ghana, Zambia, Burkina Faso, Guinea Bissau and Tunisia, to mention but a few.

We have gathered more of those headlines than trophies recently; how the mighty has fallen.

Anyway, one common thread in those revelations was how those teams studied Nigeria to identify our weaknesses which they claimed to exploit to bring to bear our downfall.

Now, the Super Falcons' unhappy boss Randy Waldrum has claimed that the NFF has not equipped him with Reconnaissance Spies.

"Why don’t I have an analyst, why don’t we have scouts (to spy on opponents?” asked Randy in a highly publicised YouTube interview recently.

Unfortunately, the lady who can help him do exactly that has been allegedly banned from the camp by the NFF.

"I don’t sit around and wait," said erstwhile assistant Lauren Gregg, "for example, I gave Randy a report for Canada already,” she stated.
“None of the other coaches there have done it. I have spent 20-30 hours analyzing multiple games of Canada to help them get ready for their first game. And I’m probably not even going.” She concluded.

It has been anything but a conventional preparation for the Super Falcons ahead of this World Cup. Months of pent up grievances for all parties - players, coaches and NFF - appear to be coming to the fore.

At least, on the training pitch, Personal Trainer Kyle Quigley appears to have his focus intact as the ladies continue to train tirelessly. Yesterday, the sight of seeing two groups of Falcons, one in red and the other in blue tops, wheezing across the screen in their training sessions was reassuring.

Also reassuring was my investigation that showed that group opponents Canada and Australia last played friendly matches in April, the same month Nigeria played two friendlies in Turkey.

In fact, Canada (who have had their own crisis this year over funding cuts, wage disparity with their male counterparts and inadequate training facilities) only just released their final list for the World Cup over the weekend.

So, Nigeria doesn't have monopoly of crisis, ours are just unique and rooted in a dilapidated football infrastructure.

Randy will just have to do it without spies and analysts if the NFF fails to provide him with these. How far the team can go in this tournament is anyone's guess.

But we fans haven't given up on this team despite all the administrative and financial turmoil. Hopefully they too won't give up on themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:
From OSASU OBAYIUWANA

On Friday, this is the message that I sent to former @thenff president @PinnickAmaju - the man who hired @NGSuper_Falcons @CoachWaldrum and failed to pay him for several months, which contributed to the 14 month backlog of wages, of which just 7 months were paid about a month ago.
You can see Pinnick’s lame reply. 😆

He is very lucky that I’m not the type of journalist that exposes people’s non-football lives or conduct. Or I would make mincemeat of him on social media.

People in African football, including journalists, knows what he does, when he is at tournaments.🙂

Pinnick was the first @thenff president in NFF history, to hire a Super Falcons coach on a PART-TIME, side-gig basis, which Waldrum insisted on, because, as he rightly predicted, the NFF would fail to pay his wages on time and therefore kept his @Pitt_WSOC job, where his wages will come without fail.

This is the legacy Pinnick left behind for the most successful national team in @CAF_Online history. Is it one that he, and #Nigeria, should be proud of?

#Nigerians, over to you…

Nigerians that hold public office especially those with so-called connections know they cannot be held accountable. That's why @PinnickAmaju feels he achieved a lot despite his devastating failure as NFF chief.

I backed Pinnick for his reply, don't ask me why,
the only person that is permitted to ask me why, are those who knew the workings in the Nff

Thankiu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:

Using all their strategies before the competition proper isn't what one can call a wise move as their opponents will now know which of them (Zambians) to mark out of play when they eventually meet on the field of play ! Let me not use friendly game to judge performance. The main competition performance is where we will see the difference in all teams....

Its going to be a different ball game against Spain, Japan who are very good in keeping possession.
I wish them best of luck, though!

That one dey sha. But this is a big upset considering the Germans fielded their top players. When last did a caf rep beat a superpower in friendly or competition? That is why it's not just chance but determination. That's a sign of preparation. I believe Banda can survive such anyway. That 12mins added was like they wanted Germany to win. Their coach deserves accolades despite their obvious weakness of bunching many times.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:
Does the SuperFalcons have the Speed, Determination and Fighting spirit just like the Zambians forwards upfront??

Who and who are our Speedsters upfront that can give us the Banda and Kundananji vibes upfront..??

I hope they include shooting practices for them? Their shooting accuracy is one of the wackiest I've seen in many years by falcons players. Esp Ajibade.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
🚩 African Referees in Women's World Cup 2023

➡️ The referees from Africa are:

1. Vincentia Amedome from Togo 🇹🇬

2. Akhona Makalima from South Africa 🇿🇦

3. Salima Mukansanga from Rwanda 🇷🇼

➡️ Assistant referees

1. Fomo Carine Atezambong from Cameroon 🇨🇲

2. Diana Chikotesha from Zambia 🇿🇲

3. Soukaina Hamdi, Fatiha Jermoumi, and Adil Zourak from Morocco 🇲🇦

4. Fanta Kone from Mali 🇲🇱

5. Mary Njoroge from Kenya 🇰🇪

6. Queency Victoire from Mauritius 🇲🇺

The selection was based on the officials’ quality and the performances delivered at FIFA tournaments as well as at other international and domestic competitions in recent years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:

➡️ Assistant referees

The selection was based on the officials’ quality and the performances delivered at FIFA tournaments as well as at other international and domestic competitions in recent years.

Could this be a dirty slaps to the so called Nigeria referees association. Haba,just look at the small small countries that their referees are representing in this female world cup. Nigeria referees should kindly change. Am not surprised anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:

➡️ Assistant referees

That SA referee again, Person go for Focus for match so
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
do4luv14:

She da try jare, anyway I love the fact that she allows some physicality in any game she referee just like some of the Asian referees… To me the wicked and worst referees are from South America!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:

She da try jare, anyway I love the fact that she allows some physicality in any game she referee just like some of the Asian referees… To me the wicked and worst referees are from South America!

Like that gorimapa referee for Male
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
What’s all this Hype surrounding Juventus and Canada Midfielder Julia Grosso?

At 22yrs she already have over 50caps for Canada and all have been coming across concerning the Canadian team is Grosso this Grosso that…. !

Do any of you here have any good info about her that I don’t know especially her exploit in Midfield..?? E cor be like say she be Woman Messi oo

Even on Facebook, I saw Vine post about her that he’s the Canadian player to watch out for..!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
Deltamani:
What’s all this Hype surrounding Juventus and Canada Midfielder Julia Grosso?

At 22yrs she already have over 50caps for Canada and all have been coming across concerning the Canadian team is Grosso this Grosso that…. !

Do any of you here have any good info about her that I don’t know especially her exploit in Midfield..?? E cor be like say she be Woman Messi oo

Even on Facebook, I saw Vine post about her that he’s the Canadian player to watch out for..!
We have Ucheibe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
do4luv14:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
In my opinion, Canada is our biggest chance to get out of that group. They have internal challenges, a few roster absentees and haphazard preparations. We just need to play the first game to win, they Re very beatable
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
Pls what are we having in Nigeria?
lovewins:
In my opinion, Canada is our biggest chance to get out of that group. They have internal challenges, a few roster absentees and haphazard preparations. We just need to play the first game to win, they Re very beatable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Alfryd: 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
do4luv14:

I backed Pinnick for his reply, don't ask me why,
the only person that is permitted to ask me why, are those who knew the workings in the Nff

Thankiu
I'm not surprised by your statement.. lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
isan:
Pls what are we having in Nigeria?

We aren't exactly in a situation we are unfamiliar with. We are sadly used to crises and have figured out how to function under it. Canada hasn't, so we can take advantage of that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 3:36am On Jul 11, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as8gHmztAbo

Super Falcons training (FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2023
UDG Tenerife just pack 3 Left Footers for front..
Monday Gift
Esther Okoronkwo
Rinsola Babajide
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2023
Update: FIFA don tell Zambia women's team say sister Barbra Banda fit follow dem play this women's Worldcup after people come dey complain say the sister na man.

Sister Barbra Banda bin no play 2022 AFCON after test show say she get high level of Testosterone soety people come dey complain say na man she be and she come dey run like man.

The 23-year old don score 30 goals for Zambia, e even score two fine goals for one friendly match wey Zambia women play against Germany last week.

FIFA say dem no fit dey commot her clothes dey check her gender so as Zambia don talk say na woman that means na woman.!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2023
Say hi to the Black Queens of Ghana technical set up lead by Coach Nora

#ShineBlackQueens🇬🇭

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2023
Alfryd:

I'm not surprised by your statement.. lol

You cannot trust some journalists, and not everything from them is True,

Indeed Pinnick had his short comings, but be honest with me, did he do bad with the resources entrusted him
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2023
If we were strictly talking about players at our disposal I would have agreed with you 100% but our lack of organization plus, NFF/Coach/Player crisis is making this look highly unlikely but hey miracle dey happen.

lovewins:

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (1090) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.