Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (805965 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
Demehin needs to work on her confidence and game; Alozie too, though she plays offensively for her team.
Well done girls grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2023
CornOak:
This has been the most dramatic game in this tournament. cheesy

Damn, the match was interesting!

This will send a message to Ireland.
Dramatic only because the biased referee decided to spoil the game with her calls. If oshoala hadn't scored I'm sure we might have even lose accordion to her calls. Nnadozie too also played a big role in this victory. See me praying for a draw not knowing waldrum and these ladies would give us a win. I'm just happy right now.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Me and u will never be the same. I play no favourites over here. U won't see me nitpicking Ashleigh.
You gat no favs but if Randy perform well, you go and hide.

Appreciate the man when he does well, you won't fall sick bro.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
Republic of Ireland v Nigeria comes up on Monday at 11am

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
You guys don't realise the impact Randy has had on this team. This is the most defensively disciplined Super Falcons in history. Do you know what it means to concede 14 corners (this is minus free kicks o) and we didn't concede a goal? We conceded on the 15th or 16th corner and no thanks to the ref.

I'm amazed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
You gat no favs but if Randy perform well, you go and hide.

Appreciate the man when he does well, you won't fall sick bro.

True.. If you can criticize him for the littlest things, give the man his flowers for a job well done. He has been tactically astute so far.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovewins:
You guys don't realise the impact Randy has had on this team. This is the most defensively disciplined Super Falcons in history. Do you know what it means to concede 14 corners (this is minus free kicks o) and we didn't concede a goal? We conceded on the 15th or 16th corner and no thanks to the ref.

I'm amazed

Okay.. let’s chill now, don’t spoil it
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hope the team will be allowed to focus and not get distracted
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
I talk am grin cheesy

But where did the yeye ref conjure up 11 minutes angry

Kudos to Waldrum give him knocks all the time but today man deserves his flowers.

Thank God!

chrisooblog:
If there was a time to get a result against the Australians it will be now that they are missing a few key players. Pray Waldrum gets his tactics spot on tomorrow cos we certainly have the players to get the job done.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

CHIAMAKA I WANT TO MARRY U embarassed

Chai I'm crying

Who get chiamaka number?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
PDPGuy:
Another must win game so we can try to top the group and avoid the big names. I believe we can do it. Go super falcons. 🦅.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Damn those fans were loud in the last couple of minutes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
Kibbs:

I'm not over hyping really. Through history, the super falcons have never really had a problem offensively. The major challenge as with every African team has been defensive discipline especially from aerial balls and set pieces. Randy fixed that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
PDPGuy:

We still need to keep it tight here. This people can't come and spoil what we have started oh.

I know they're out but it's still a match to play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
#FIFAWWC2023 Result

Stunning Super Falcons top the group , Australia face elimination Col Meechan

Nigeria 🇳🇬 3-2 Australia 🇦🇺
Kanu 45+5 Van Egmond 45+1
OHale 65 Kennedy 90+10
Oshoala 72

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
Now that this game has ended, I can confidently say that if the owner of the morning says it will be well with this referee, the owner of the night will not agree.

She will never escape the judgment of Ayelala.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
BronzeTiger:

Another must win game so we can try to top the group and avoid the big names. I believe we can do it. Go super falcons. 🦅.
Yes oh!
I don’t mind a front three of Okoronkwo, Gift Monday and Kanu 😂

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
sanpipita:
Hope the team will be allowed to focus and not get distracted

This one is for politicians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
One of the most defensively disciplined african teams at the world cup , men or women
lovewins:

I'm amazed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Kibbs:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
PDPGuy:

Yes oh!
I don’t mind a front three of Okoronkwo, Gift Monday and Kanu 😂
No we have to pull out the best squad possible. Remember teams playing for pride at the last stages can be quite dangerous. I think we can still technically be knocked out of the groups if australia punish canada and we lose. We have to beat that defensively notorious ireland well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
No doubt about that, he's proven himself.

This performance and that encounter against America in 2010 u20 world cup with the likes of Ohale and Oparanozie sits top of my most loved female matches in the GWG; not forgetting the Morroco encounter too.
lovewins:

I'm amazed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

We still need to keep it tight here. This people can't come and spoil what we have started oh.

I know they're out but it's still a match to play.
For real!
My preferred lineup for Monday would be

—Imuran——Ohale—-Demehin—-Plumptre—-

————————Ucheibe——————-

—————Echegini—-Payne—————-

——Oshoala——-Kanu——Ajibade———-

Alozie needs a rest before she cops another yellow and is suspended for the round of 16😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CornOak(m): 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
PDPGuy:

And she has become the first African, male or female, to score at 3 different world cups!!

She's on her way to winning her 6th Women's African Footballer of the Year.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nigeria is the best team in Africa, when our administrators are ready, we will medal at the world stage.....what a game.... cool cool cool cool cool cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mowah: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
BronzeTiger:

No we have to pull out my best squad possible. Remember teams playing for pride at the last stages can be quite dangerous. I think we can still technically be knocked out of the groups if australia punish canada.. We have to beat that defensively notorious ireland well.
Great point, I fear European teams the most, they are always so clinical no mater how small they are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Deltamani and the crew grinning from ear to ear after months of scouting, analyzing and cheering on our super falcons on this thread.😁. This victory's for y'all boss.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
mowah:

Great point, I fear European teams the most, they are always so clinical no mater how small they are
Wallahi

Plus Ireland are a team of wrestlers, martial artists and boxers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
Has Ayinde been ruled ruled out or you just decided to drop her

Demehin rather sits it out for Imuran while Plumptre pairs with Ohale.

Oparanozie should certainly start ahead of Kanu while Oshaola probably comes from the bench.
PDPGuy:

For real!
My preferred lineup for Monday would be

—Imuran——Ohale—-Demehin—-Plumptre—-

————————Ucheibe——————-

—————Echegini—-Payne—————-

——Oshoala——-Kanu——Ajibade———-

Alozie needs a rest before she cops another yellow and is suspended for the round of 16😁
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
mowah:

Ireland really disturbed Australia and Canada. They are also very dangerous on the break apart from their usual physical demanding gameplay. This will be the first game we'll be allowed to actively dictate play and be in the ascendancy with posossion cause the irish might still wait to pick us on the counter. If we lose we might still go home if australia wins as it'll all come down to goal difference.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
Big ups to Waldrum...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
Jojodjo:
Has Ayinde been ruled ruled out or you just decided to drop her?
So shaky Demehin stays while Alozie goes to the bench??

No be say Alozie bad like that o, Demehin rather sits it out for Imuran while Plumptre goes back to CB
Again, has Ayinde been ruled out Abi you no rate am

For Ayinde, I’m just erring on the side of caution cos we don’t want to lose her for the knockout round.
As for Demehin, yes she was shaky in the first half, but gradually improved on her confidence in the second half

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.