Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,394 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (828950 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (1081) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
From Radio 5 Live.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Unlimited22:

I'm legit scared of that their corner tactic.

It is scary.

It has worked gangbusters. And we looked shaky towards the end with some corners VS Aussie

I think we are a working progress on set pieces. We did look mighty shaky at times but all in all we have done pretty ok in that regard. I didn't like the Plumptre sub because that took away from our height but we live and we learn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
Meanwhile there's a huge argument about goalkeepers in South Africa.

Some people say that Andile Dlamini should have been the first choice keeper, but SAFA officials want to punish her for leading the protest that occurred before the world cup, so they ordered the coach not to pick her. They say that she's one of the best goalkeepers in Africa and was shortlisted for African Player of the Year and so she should start.

A few other people say that Dlamini has lost form since the Nations Cup and that Kaylin Swart is doing well as first choice keeper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
naptu2:

Some people say that Andile Dlamini should have been the first choice keeper, but SAFA officials want to punish her for leading the protest that occurred before the world cup, so they ordered the coach not to pick her. They say that she's one of the best goalkeepers in Africa and was shortlisted for African Player of the Year and so she should start.

A few other people say that Dlamini has lost form since the Nations Cup and that Kaylin Swart is doing well as first choice keeper.

Heard same argument yesterday. I think the coach went with present form instead of the purported punishment being peddled. They both play in the South African league and Swart is reportedly having a better season. Also Dlamini isn't even a starter at the club as she's only played 5 times this year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2023
They still have a chance Italy is beatable but I agree SA have needlessly dug themselves into a pit.

Jaybee3456:

They really messed up, they fumble under pressure. Only God knows what Australia would've done to them with how they crumble and fold when opponents take the game to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
Was watching the the highlights you put up on your site our set-piece still needs a little work. The ladies got away with some dicey situations.

BascoVanVeli:

I think we are a working progress on set pieces. We did look mighty shaky at times but all in all we have done pretty ok in that regard. I didn't like the Plumptre sub because that took away from our height but we live and we learn.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2023
ThePresenceWtf:

Tackles still doesn't indicate individual pressing.

It's PPDA for teams and Pressures per 90 for Individuals.

Here are Mbappe's 2018/2019 Stats, Pedri's 20/21 stats and EPL attackers 21/22 stats

Pressure's indicates pressing and Pressure regains indicates winning the ball back.
I don't know all these terms though.

Ify has a good defensive game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
naptu2:

I thought Kaylin Swart retired already. Our darling that year grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
Deltamani:

Na today you know say Sweden na tall tall gals full that side, Na during them Schelin set sef tall pass… They always use their height and long balls to punish you.
.. Omo... They are long, those Italian girls seem like their little sisters when it was time for set paces.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
Unlimited22:

If they hadn't bottled that lead they'd have just gone to play for a draw.
... I swear.. Have S.A ever won a game at the world cup...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
myami:
they should have won that match vs arg but complacency got the better of them. Now Italy will want to avoid defeat and hope Sweden doesn't lose to Argentina
... Yes, also i do not know why their coach substituted Kgatlana in that game....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Jaybee3456:

They really messed up, they fumble under pressure. Only God knows what Australia would've done to them with how they crumble and fold when opponents take the game to them.
... It only when they see green, white, green that their muscle will be rising.. I was sad for them..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
naptu2:

I don't like Dlamini though. But she is miles above whatever that Swart has to offer on such a grand stage. Swart is an eyesore as a goalie. Between her and the Aussie gk, Arnold, i dunno who's worse all rounda.

It again shows that these official lack the ability to know that class different from class. Their pride....the african arrogance is to blame for any abysmal show from the caf reps, esp with such talents at their disposal. Too selfish and dumb.

Swart ke? Argentina again!!!!!! She's been a shadow of herself since the Pk vs Falcons in Accra, especially when Naija guys made her popular cos of physique.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nilon: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
So this how lowly ranked Jamaica will qualify ahead Brazil. DaveP how you take see am
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nilon: 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
mostob:
I thought Kaylin Swart retired already. Our darling that year grin grin

with big bumbum I'd love to smash
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
On BBC World Service radio around 15 minutes ago.

naptu2:
On BBC Sports World just now a former Australian player said that the presence of Sam Kerr is like Oshoala. You know she's there, defenders have to pay attention to her and she takes attention from other players like Caitlin Foord.

(It has been announced that Sam Kerr is fit to play against Canada on Monday. She said [in an interview on Sports World just now] that she's not going to say if she will play because she doesn't want to give information to the opposition).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2023
daveP:

I don't like Dlamini though. But she is miles above whatever that Swart has to offer on such a grand stage. Swart is an eyesore as a goalie. Between her and the Aussie gk, Arnold, i dunno who's worse all rounda.

It again shows that these official lack the ability to know that class different from class. Their pride....the african arrogance is to blame for any abysmal show from the caf reps, esp with such talents at their disposal. Too selfish and dumb.

Swart ke? Argentina again!!!!!! She's been a shadow of herself since the Pk vs Falcons in Accra, especially when Naija guys made her popular cos of physique.
Forget the cruise bro... the penalty shootout convinced me Swart shouldn't have been a goalkeeper. Girl can't even catch a snail. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
naptu2:
On BBC World Service radio around 15 minutes ago.

Even with Kerr, it's not sure Australia will beat Canada..
Its gonna be an interesting game... Australia know they need a win badly... Canada know that a draw is enough to see them through.. I say, Canada will take the day .

We just need to be at our best again Ireland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Alright!!! Different topic regarding that Saudi call. Any chance you could be making video highlights of their league? Maybe they will notice you and really sign you on board grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
chrisooblog:
Was watching the the highlights you put up on your site our set-piece still needs a little work. The ladies got away with some dicey situations.

Yeah sure but I do believe they were set up well. The moments were mostly through individual error. Even the goal was another individual mistake.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
daveP:

So that's her?? shocked she's really reduced in size o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
The SuperFalcons had their training at the Lions football club Stadium by 8pm on Saturday, They’re focused and serious about their last group match against Ireland.

Asisat Oshoala, Ashleigh Plumptre, Chiamaka Nnadozie and Toni Payne spared some time with the media during training also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Alright!!! Different topic regarding that Saudi call. Any chance you could be making video highlights of their league? Maybe they will notice you and really sign you on board grin grin grin

Ýes ooo i might have to create a new channel for their matter cheesy let's see how restrictions are on their games sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Nilon:
So this how lowly ranked Jamaica will qualify ahead Brazil. DaveP how you take see am

That won't happen. Brazil is beating the hell outta Jamaica bruh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:24am On Jul 30, 2023
Unbelievable fun fact:

For the first time ever, the Super Falcons have the chance to end the group stage of a FIFA World Cup with a positive goal difference😱

Moreover, following the Falcons 3-2 win over Australia, the Super Falcons have achieved a positive goal difference after their first 2 WC matches for the first time ever!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 4:43am On Jul 30, 2023
PDPGuy:
Unbelievable fun fact:

For the first time ever, the Super Falcons have the chance to end the group stage of a FIFA World Cup with a positive goal difference😱

Firstly, they have to win or draw against Ireland...

Super Falcons needs to work on controlling possession and not giving out corner kicks. If the opposition gets corner kick then the tallest super Falcon player should mark the tallest opposition player.. I don't know where Onome Ebi was when Kennedy was heading the ball.''

Its Nnadozie that has been saving the Super Falcons from conceding too many goals...

Now that there's a good GoalKeeper, SF needs to learn possession football and clearing the ball immediately instead of passing it among the defenders, let the midfielders and the strikers learn to pass among themselves so that the ball can be in opposition side on the pitch and not Super Falcons side of the pitch.

Super Falcons must not under-estimate Ireland.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:37am On Jul 30, 2023
Morocco scores their first ever WWC goal!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2023
codemaniacs:

Firstly, they have to win or draw against Ireland...

Super Falcons needs to work on controlling possession and not giving out corner kicks. If the opposition gets corner kick then the tallest super Falcon player should mark the tallest opposition player.. I don't know where Onome Ebi was when Kennedy was heading the ball.''

Its Nnadozie that has been saving the Super Falcons from conceding too many goals...

Now that there's a good GoalKeeper, SF needs to learn possession football and clearing the ball immediately instead of passing it among the defenders, let the midfielders and the strikers learn to pass among themselves so that the ball can be in opposition side on the pitch and not Super Falcons side of the pitch.

Super Falcons must not under-estimate Ireland.

You raised good points.

The team has to find a way to prevent 65-70% of the match being in their own half! I don’t know whether the solution to the poor possession stat is by flooding the midfield with four or five players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:02am On Jul 30, 2023
No cap, but the Falcons would have been 3-0 up over these Koreans by now…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:10am On Jul 30, 2023
Nigeria is not known for possessive football at any level male or female
PDPGuy:

You raised good points.

The team has to find a way to prevent 65-70% of the match being in their own half! I don’t know whether the solution to the poor possession stat is by flooding the midfield with four or five players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kingjite1: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2023
Morocco just won
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:19am On Jul 30, 2023
Kingjite1:
Morocco just won

And this same South Korea trashed Zambia in a Friendly game 10-2 ahbi 10-3 aggregate sef😂😂
Football sha..!

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (1081) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: AlbertoIancu, Sunnyson8 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.