Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (829464 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (1082) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
LordTheus:
China 8-0 England

Denmark 10-0 Haiti

In Jesus name. Amen.
😭😭😭
So you think God is non existent in Haiti and England cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:

It wasn't just the added time.

The fouls on our players which she didn't call. The extra time on the added time. Calling 50-50s for Aussie and not calling them for us.

Not giving bookings to Aussie players for similar offences.

That ref was a bastard that day.

Only you see all these things? grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Jaybee3456:

It's how waldrum set the team up, i don't blame him sha cos falcons have a history of swallowing goals. Uche is wayyy faster than gift since he's playing counter football. The problem now is this same uche mediocre in every aspect of her game except pace🤷🏾‍♂️

Let’s tell ourselves the truth Uchenna Kanu is far better than what she’s giving right now… Since her move to the NWSL she haven’t really been herself, Her form have gone down, those flairs, pace and aerial skills in front of goal isn’t there yet.. She’s off form to be sincere.. Me trying to compare her form in Sweden and Mexico averaging at least a goal in two games..
Uchenna Kanu really need to play herself back to form cause she’s far better than what she’s giving now.

Esther is good, Skillful and can score too but she can’t give you those defensive side of the game and tends to show booting too..

Ordega hmmm, She’s no longer the Ordega we all know, Kudos to Randy at least he has been able to pull something out.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
timay1:

And you think that those two teams will be easy to play against after getting that kind of result?

Dey play grin
I wonder how them dey reason sef grin

Somebody beats England 8-0 and that's the team you want to play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
I fear for this team oh. Kanu, ucheibe onumonu, plumptre should never near first team again. They are bunch of liabilities

You must take it to heart that Ucheibe will continue to play in that Midfield as she’s very fit, have the energy of two players, Fast and her Defensive attributes in the Midfield is 💯. Her major setback is her Passes especially when she wins the Ball back from her opponents..

She just need to improve on her passes and decision making.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
3 games 3 player of the match for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
Australia 🇦🇺 did not even need to play well Canada was inexcusably horrendous, they played no better than the other two games.A very surprising display from the Olympic champs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lol you have time grin
Deltamani:

You must take it to heart that Ucheibe will continue to play in that Midfield as she’s very fit, have the energy of two players, Fast and her Defensive attributes in the Midfield is 💯. Her major setback is her Passes especially when she wins the Ball back from her opponents..

She just need to improve on her passes and decision making.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
daveP:
Put respect on Plumptre name. 3games and not one bad or average shift. Saving Demehin twice today.

We have some players that are just too good but cant last 90mins with these 14mins added time upandan.

Toni Payne should be the WOTM sha.

e be like na back of tv you dey watch. Plumptre that hardly controls the ball. Always giving misplaced passes. What is going for her is experience at pro level
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
"We knew it was the group of death. We knew it was going to be hard, but we never thought that it would be impossible."

Toni Payne on Nigeria's progress into the Women's World Cup R16.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:
Antoinette Payne is such a fine girlllll
fine player...yes. Fine gal...hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
In all the matches played today 4 goals were scored
except for the falcons game. I have to admit conceding just one (not counting that rubbish 2nd goal in 13 mins extra time) goal in 3 games shows how disciplined this team is. I hope people still show support on social media cos they will all see it. 7 days break will be good for us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:

Please what do we do about Uchenna Kanu? Why does Gift Monday not start games?

Aside Toni Payne and Michelle Alozie she looks like the only other player with a bit of tech.

Are you okay? Only in Nigeria will people even insinuate that "jambody" such as Gift Monday takes a seat on first eleven. By the way, what "Tech" were you writing about? I guess Nigerian tech.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
Jaybee3456:
In all the matches played today 4 goals were scored
except for the falcons game. I have to admit conceding just one (not counting that rubbish 2nd goal in 13 mins extra time) goal in 3 games shows how disciplined this team is. I hope people still show support on social media cos they will all see it. 7 days break will be good for us.
That extra time goal shaa

But the Aussies are good at corners.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by damirosky60: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
e be like na back of tv you dey watch. Plumptre that hardly controls the ball. Always giving misplaced passes. What is going for her is experience at pro level

Plumptre was solid in 2nd half. It seems you only watched 1st half .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
This defensive low block will kill us in the long run if we refuse come out and play. A team that has the ball wins the match. Sitting back to soak pressure will only reduce our chances going forward
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oweniwe(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
I fear for this team oh. Kanu, ucheibe onumonu, plumptre should never near first team again. They are bunch of liabilities

Enter field and play yourself nau undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:

Wallahi tallai Uchenna Kanu is not part of our best team 😭😭😭😭

Gift Monday should start ọ while Jesus Baby starts on the left wing.

Unless we intend to play for penalties from minute 1.

Why do most Nigerians tend to like carpenters over craftsmen?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
oweniwe:

Enter field and play yourself nau undecided
Lmao

Na me go enter go play

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by damirosky60: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:

It seems you didn't watch the ball or you watched from back of TV. Plumptre was solid in 2nd half .
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
This defensive low block will kill us in the long run if we refuse come out and play. A team that has the ball wins the match. Sitting back to soak pressure will only reduce our chances going forward
Japan beat Spain 4-0 with 23% possession. The low block is not the issue.

It is being fast and clinical on the break.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
damirosky60:

It seems you didn't watch the ball or you watched from back of TV. Plumptre was solid in 2nd half .
She was solid all game sef. Na him know where he watch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:

Wallahi tallai Uchenna Kanu is not part of our best team
kanu is more of a goal threat than team player
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
Her biggest asset is that she's fast.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by FBS: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
This is very close to the truth.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:
Like Spain and Canada right? You're making sense walahi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
isan:
3 games 3 player of the match for Nigeria
Thought the Irish goalkeeper was given the WOTM
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
We are underdogs in the 2nd round definitely. Same way we qualified, punters expect us to crash out but who knows we may register another surprise. Btw, I hope the ladies start working on penalty kicks now, it's the knockout phase and anything can happen.

As per England, I think the SF have earned the right not to fear anyone, they beat the hosts Australia who are comparable to England and held their own against the Olympic Champs, so any team is beatable.
In summary, win or lose the SF has already exceeded expectations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
potland:

Ill-informed thought process known among Nigerians. Take these four players out of the carpentry Nigerian team, the team would have been notified to vacate its hotel rooms by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by FBS: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:

She was solid all game sef. Na him know where he watch.
She was total rubbish for good 60 mins. Like complete nonsense. No football brain whatsoever but massively improved from 60 something mins when Ajibade switched to her side to help out
She became more confident and made better decision on the ball.
It was the same thing against Australia.

And please don't tell me about TV, I was looking at her eye to eye.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
"Well, I think they're going to be another team. If it's England it's the European champions; We've already played the Olympic gold medal winners, we've already beat the host team. So, it's just going to be another one of those matches that we've been playing in."

Super Falcons head coach, Randy Waldrum on the next Opponent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Deltamani:
"We knew it was the group of death. We knew it was going to be hard, but we never thought that it would be impossible."

Toni Payne on Nigeria's progress into the Women's World Cup R16.

Toni Payne was a horrible player in the first half. She played the first half in out-of-character form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (1082) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Ambassador21(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.