Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804436 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 3:50am On Aug 08, 2023
mostob:
It is like you have a little screw in your head that got loose recently. I don tell you not to quote me with your senseless rubbish you call opinions.

We asked you to name the youngsters you want in the team and who they should replace, you ran off with your tail between your legs. You think I was joking when I said you argue like a kid? Did you ever consider what these youngsters would offer the team? You no go let us rest ontop Ajakaiye who is not as good as Bello or Mercy. We must sha play them because Colombia played Linda and Italy played that 16-year old kid. Guy, dey look moniker well before quoting next time.

I named the players and you're the one that ran away with your tail between your legs saying the players were too young and inexperience and I said if the coaches and NFF don't force experience on them by calling them up they will never ever get experience. I mentioned Sebastian, Ajakaye, Onyenezidane, Mercy Idoko and said they should replace Oparanozie, Ordega and Ebi..

I am 100% sure if it was a Nigerian coach that took the S.F to the World Cup the likes of Rita Chikwelu and other old midfielders and players would have been called up and we won't have gotten out of the group stage and would have conceded at least 3 goals each in all the group matches.

It is people with your mentality against youth and younger players that need to be far from anything Nigerian sports. the younger players won't get experience by been ignored due to coaches with your mentality..

Football is a sport with intense physical activity. the older you get the less physical stress the body can take and the less distance.

in sports, the older you get the more injuries the player would have gone through and this affects performance and distance players can cover and that is why older players retire from sports because their body can no longer perform anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 4:01am On Aug 08, 2023
Kibbs:

Just leave that one. Let him keep capping. They are two on this thread I’ve noticed that argue without any sense whatsoever. I won’t tag them cus it’s a waste of time to argue with them so just ignore . Even if they quote you, ignore.
Don’t feed them, let them be.

What I did not say to mowah was that Randy was allowed to pick a limited number of younger players and he also respected the fact that the older players were senior players of the team and probably due to the Nigerian coaches advise he kept the older players on...

Randy did not play most of the players regularly and I'm sure and hope that after this tournament he won't call them up.. the only older player he would call up might be Oshoala due to her goal-scoring abilities and the fact that without the 3rd goal she scored against Australia the S.F won't have made it to the round of 16.

I hope Randy does an Arteta on the team and completely axes all the older players except Asisat Oshoala.

In 4 years time for another World Cup, all the players would the 4 years older and some of them would tire easily..

I expect Kanu, Gift Monday, Onumonu or other younger strikers whether foreign born to start replacing Oshoala as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 4:10am On Aug 08, 2023
Deltamani:
Former Arsenal winger, Brooke Georgina Nunn has indicated an interest in switching allegiance to play for the Super Falcons of Nigeria. Her mother is half-Nigerian with the family based in Lagos and her grandfather, Jackson Asiboje was one of the directors of a shipping company based in Apapa.

Georgina Nunn, who currently plays for Hibernian Women in the Scottish Women's Premier League, says she would be proud to represent Nigeria at the senior level.

Quotes via Sports Brief.

But if I remember vividly she said this before the World Cup..

she will be 4 years older by the next World Cup and slower.. unless other aspects of her game like creativity, dribbling are still good she should invited and lets see what she has to offer...

I like the energy and attitude Plumptre, Toni Payne, Alozie, Onumonu brought to the Super Falcons.. S.F needs more of such players.

Even the Ijeh player I have just seen on this thread should have been approached since...

Nicole Payne should never ever be ignored again..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 7:58am On Aug 08, 2023
lol....Nigerians no get chills at all, they are still dragging Lauren James till know(still trending on twitter) and i know the dragging is not stopping anytime soon, it might be suspended but it wont stop, at every opportunity they will drag her, she don buy market, you must be very tough mentally to be an athlete.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

We're playing against Whyte supremacists..

Super Falcons should not be looking for penalty or favorable decisions from the referee.

They should upgrade their chance creation tactics and score normal goals.

Despite En:gland getting a red card and playing with 10 players that was when Super Falcons started playing as if Super Falcons had 9 players on the field.

With the right tactics and right substitutes Super Falcons would have won that match easily.

Brother I don't give a hoot about your creating chances talk. We had the biggest chance of the game and it was stolen from us. If we keep accepting this we will never win this tournament.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Brother I don't give a hoot about your creating chances talk. We had the biggest chance of the game and it was stolen from us. If we keep accepting this we will never win this tournament.

Apt.

Not calling that penalty was daylight robbery. Full stop!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2023
Guys, lets call a spade a spade... Randy is a dumbass coach, in as much as he made the English team look so average, he was so dull to make use of the English's team one down.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:11am On Aug 08, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

When I say creating chances, I mean controlling the game, S.F hit the bar twice that means S.F could have been 2 or more goals up.

its not every time the referee decisions will favor us and S.F should not be looking for favorable decisions and even with V.A.R the referees did not still review on time, it was the fact that she stayed down for long that made them review it.

you can not and should never expect people that want you to lose to give you favorable decisions.

They should learn and train how to create multiple big and biggest chances and score their chances...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2023
lakesidepapa:
Guys, lets call a spade a spade... Randy is a dumbass coach, in as much as he made the English team look so average, he was so dull to make use of the English's team one down.

he made the wrong substitutions..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2023
lakesidepapa:

The same way the Moroccan coach couldn't take advantage of Nigeria with 2 man down right?

Yesterday was the first time a 10 man team won a game.

It had nothing to do with the defensive discipline of the English team who sacrificed attack just to play 2 layer defence.

It had nothing to do with the fact that our players can't move the ball (something we all know)

Not even saying Randy is the best coach, but you guys should relax. Just a few days ago in this same thread, many of you were saying we'll be thrashed, outplayed, humbled etc. The same Randy outclassed the England national team adjudged to be one of the best in the world. The English team prior to yesterday has scored in at least the last 16 consecutive games, however they were the lucky ones yesterday. You don't need to like Randy to give him his flowers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by bisqit: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2023
lovewins:

The same way the Moroccan coach couldn't take advantage of Nigeria with 2 man down right?

It had nothing to do with the defensive discipline of the English team who sacrificed attack just to play 2 layer defence.

It had nothing to do with the fact that our players can't move the ball (something we all know)

Not even saying Randy is the best coach, but you guys should relax. Just a few days ago in this same thread, many of you were saying we'll be thrashed, outplayed, humbled etc. The same Randy outclassed the England national team adjudged to be one of the best in the world. The English team prior to yesterday has scored in at least the last 16 consecutive games, however they were the lucky ones yesterday. You don't need to like Randy to give him his flowers.
The right word should be surprised. The super falcons never outclassed anybody. Prior to that James red card, the possesion was 60 40 in favor of the lionesses. The super falcons gave away too many passes, made mistakes at the back like in the case of demehin and were launching the ball high up to nobody instead of building from the back. Even after the sent off, the falcons were still struggling against the English while thee likes of alozie wasted a couple of glorious chance to bury the game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by kheny12(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2023
BronzeTiger:

This one na old mama na. Well england and other foreign nations using lesser blacks than their male counterparts might be a blessing in disguise, just see how plumptre stood out in our team and yet she wasn't seriously considered by the lionesses before her switch.
yes blessings indisguised.Asheigh plumptre didn't really look like oyinbo.she is an half cast.The female version of osaze,Balogun and troost-ekong.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by kheny12(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2023
Assuming we won yesterday match,we will be facing Colombia for a place in the last 4 embarassedGod knows the best.Even the world knows that Nigeria females are powerhouse in women's football.we proved it at the ongoing world cup.kudos to our darling super falcons.Really proud of them.2027 world cup we should be Among the title contenders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2023
lovewins:

I don’t get the boldest point there, China was red carded in the first half against Haiti they still mange to win 1nil…
In 2011 USA won Brazil after penalty shootout as they were also red carded during the first half of that game..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:57am On Aug 08, 2023
Congrats to the Colombians on advancing to their first ever WWC quarter final
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2023
bisqit:
The right word should be surprised. The super falcons never outclassed anybody. Prior to that James red card, the possesion was 60 40 in favor of the lionesses. The super falcons gave away too many passes, made mistakes at the back like in the case of demehin and were launching the ball high up to nobody instead of building from the back. Even after the sent off, the falcons were still struggling against the English while thee likes of alozie wasted a couple of glorious chance to bury the game
outclass is not about possession na

Japan vs Spain should have taught you that

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2023
Deltamani:

I don’t get the boldest point there, China was red carded in the first half against Haiti they still mange to win 1nil…
In 2011 USA won Brazil after penalty shootout as they were also red carded during the first half of that game..

It was a sarcastic comment since he was making it appear like what happened yesterday was the first time it happened. I probably should have put a question mark for better context.

It's why I also referenced how we held on to penalties against Morocco even though we were 2 players down.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2023
Ifeoma Onumonu Speaks

The day after Nigeria came so close to reaching the quarter-finals, we start the day with Ifeoma Onumonu's words, as we truly need to start doing better by our WNTs, Afrique. The players are doing their part; meet them halfway if not full way:

“In Nigeria, we don’t have access to much. Our training fields aren’t great. Where we sleep isn’t great. Sometimes we share beds.

“It’s not good enough. In terms of recovery, we don’t have much of any of that. We don’t have access to a gym in camp in Nigeria.

“There’s a lot that needs to be done. Hopefully, more people start to talk about it. Coming here it’s hard to adjust. We do what we can because we love playing for our country but hopefully they make it easier for us to do our best.”

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2023
bisqit:

No point going back and forth with you if this is your conclusion from yesterday's game. Godspeed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 11:22am On Aug 08, 2023
Deltamani:
You guys keep picking the likes of Onyenezide, Ajakaye and Sabastine but keep forgetting 17yrs old (18 by October this year) Chinyere Kalu the U20 Defensive Midfielder..

That girl alongside Deborah should be our next DM/Central Midfielder to look out for and gradually draft into the team as Back up for Ayinde and Ucheibe..

#19 Chinyere Kalu was back up to Bashirat Amoo at the last U20 World Cup and became the no.1 DM at the last U20 WAFU Cup in Ghana… Pls you guys shouldn’t take ur eyes off her.

There is a girl who has played three world cups in a span of one year. She played U17, U20 and female world cup. This age thing is a copout. Randy is no longer football/soccer coach but an agent.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

What I did not say to mowah was that Randy was allowed to pick a limited number of younger players and he also respected the fact that the older players were senior players of the team and probably due to the Nigerian coaches advise he kept the older players on...

Randy did not play most of the players regularly and I'm sure and hope that after this tournament he won't call them up.. the only older player he would call up might be Oshoala due to her goal-scoring abilities and the fact that without the 3rd goal she scored against Australia the S.F won't have made it to the round of 16.

I hope Randy does an Arteta on the team and completely axes all the older players except Asisat Oshoala.

In 4 years time for another World Cup, all the players would the 4 years older and some of them would tire easily..

I expect Kanu, Gift Monday, Onumonu or other younger strikers whether foreign born to start replacing Oshoala as soon as possible.

This girl plays Dane gun football. Nigeria should start with young players who have shown the flair and raw technical skills of football/soccer.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2023
lovewins:

This is melancholically laughable.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:46am On Aug 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

When I say creating chances, I mean controlling the game, S.F hit the bar twice that means S.F could have been 2 or more goals up.

its not every time the referee decisions will favor us and S.F should not be looking for favorable decisions and even with V.A.R the referees did not still review on time, it was the fact that she stayed down for long that made them review it.

you can not and should never expect people that want you to lose to give you favorable decisions.

They should learn and train how to create multiple big and biggest chances and score their chances...

We should want a fair playing field. What u are saying is the equivalent of blaming a r@pe on a woman's dress choice. I don't care if we missed 5000 chances, call the game fair and down the middle. We are not asking for hand outs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

We should want a fair playing field. What u are saying is the equivalent of blaming a r@pe on a woman's dress choice. I don't care if we missed 5000 chances, call the game fair and down the middle. We are not asking for hand outs.

To them we are asking for hand outs.. the game is never fair.

so we have to take our chances.

we should train on how to control the playing field during the whole match and take our chances...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2023
Idiko1:

This is melancholically laughable.

lovewins is right.. England was completely outclassed..

if S.F could play possession football it would have been very obvious that England were outclassed and outplayed.

even the commentators were scared.. I could hear one of them tapping their feet and hitting their table repeatedly..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Idiko1:

This girl plays Dane gun football. Nigeria should start with young players who have shown the flair and raw technical skills of football/soccer.

she can run with the ball and that was needed against England but the coaches decided to bring on Ordega and Oparanozie thinking they will step up but they turned to ghosts..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
kheny12:
yes blessings indisguised.Asheigh plumptre didn't really look like oyinbo.she is an half cast.The female version of osaze,Balogun and troost-ekong.

She is quarter-cast.

her grandfather is full Nigerian married to eu:ropean, her father is half-cast married to an eu:ropean..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

she can run with the ball and that was needed against England but the coaches decided to bring on Ordega and Oparanozie thinking they will step up but they turned to ghosts..
Na Franny Ordega own pain me pass….. I literally spoke out while I was watching the Match that she should never come close to the National Team… She’s done for good..

The likes of Perpetual Nkwocha, Stella Mbachu got better with age and at 32+ they were still starting games for Club and Country and still delivering at top level…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

lovewins is right.. England was completely outclassed..

if S.F could play possession football it would have been very obvious that they were outclassed and outplayed.

even the commentators were scared.. I could hear one of them tapping their feet and hitting their table repeatedly..

Na you get time to dey respond to am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
France up and running. 1-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by kheny12(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
Morroco dey chop am now,Our yesterday match still dey pain me.Nigeria is still the best Africa women team.See how morroco dey play.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
codemaniacs:

To them we are asking for hand outs.. the game is never fair.

so we have to take our chances.

we should train on how to control the playing field during the whole match and take our chances...

Who is them When has this issue ever been properly brought to the table? Wat u are doing is exactly how we have handled this issue forever and it has never worked.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.