Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (795513 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:12pm On Jan 21
A Hardworking and Combative Midfielder

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 8:30pm On Jan 21
CAF representatives at U20 FIFA WWC 2024
Nigeria
Morocco
Ghana
Cameroon

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21
Deltamani:

The Game Highlight… Echegini Goal ⚽️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFsOlwMo0A4?si=ReCrK9H6ndAZu9rn

From this highlights, her team mate are very selfish,
Even before she score that goal, She was in a better position to receive a pass, but selfishness,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:34am On Jan 22
do4luv14:

From this highlights, her team mate are very selfish,
Even before she score that goal, She was in a better position to receive a pass, but selfishness,

I’m just waiting for her to start getting those full minutes, better still work into the starting Lineup as soon as possible.! Again it seems the Coaches are also trying to work her in gradually cause there’s no way Juventus will struck a deal with her since World Cup and wait till she Finnish College just to keep her on the Bench..!

Her ability to get into Scoring Position is something any Coach won’t joke with for a Midfielder..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:21pm On Jan 22
According to Marc Girones of Diari ARA, FC Barcelona considers the current assistant coach, Rafel Navarro, as the frontrunner to succeed Jonatan Giráldez...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:56pm On Jan 22
God Abeg ooo😂😂😂

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:35pm On Jan 22
solonnachi:
CAF representatives at U20 FIFA WWC 2024
Nigeria
Morocco
Ghana
Cameroon

Shows that whatever Morocco is doing is working. First time a North African is going to the u-20 world cup.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:55pm On Jan 22
lovewins:

Shows that whatever Morocco is doing is working. First time a North African is going to the u-20 world cup.
The investment and preparation of their female national team has been top notch.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:49pm On Jan 23
A reminder that Cameroon meets Nigeria in February: the penultimate round of the Paris 2024 Olympics Qualifiers... 😎

Randy Waldrum is back, are we expecting any new name in his Squad for the Next Month game..??

It’s more of a Midfield Battle as the Cameroonian are always good at bringing in the Physicality in midfield…

•• Halimatu Ayinde
•• Christy Ucheibe
•• Deborah Abeodun
•• Tony Payne
•• Onyi Echegini must be available….

If at all Regina Otu can as well come in… but again the first 3 is highly needed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:52pm On Jan 23
To me the good thing with Randy Returning is the Continuity, especially from where they stopped at the World Cup… Then putting more efforts on the attacking 3rd and our Strikers upfront cause we really need to kill those chances..

Me waiting for how Randy Waldrum will be able to fix in Rinsola Babajide into the Flank, but who drops for her if she’s to start?? Can’t be Ajibade as she’s our no.1 Winger right now.. Kanu?? I can’t say!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:03pm On Jan 23
In Rinsola Babajide past few games for Tenerife have seen her do a lot of defensive duties on the flank, tracking back to sim balls and all that, which is something Our Wingers are always good at doing Mbachu, Asisat of back In d days, Franny, Orji, Ajibade , Kanu and co..

To me Nigeria own is more demanding thuo as you will have to be quick getting back and going forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:34pm On Jan 23
Wing play should be much better with Rinsola, as she is a better crosser of the ball and tracks back well, compared to Kanu and Monday (who Magidu was trying to force into the starting 11).
Ajibade on the right and Rinsola on the left. Kanu is much better as a sub.

Good thing is the team has more depth now, especially in midfield.

Deltamani:
To me the good thing with Randy Returning is the Continuity, especially from where they stopped at the World Cup… Then putting more efforts on the attacking 3rd and our Strikers upfront cause we really need to kill those chances..

Me waiting for how Randy Waldrum will be able to fix in Rinsola Babajide into the Flank, but who drops for her if she’s to start?? Can’t be Ajibade as she’s our no.1 Winger right now.. Kanu?? I can’t say!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 3:51pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:
Wing play should be much better with Rinsola, as she is a better crosser of the ball and tracks back well, compared to Kanu and Monday (who Magidu was trying to force into the starting 11).

I agree. I also prefer Rinsola and Ajibade as wingers. Monday and Kanu can be subs.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:37pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:

To me the major asset Rinsola is bringing to the wing is her good crosses and her ability to combine pace, skills and Physical body hits kind of play, as she’s always ready to body her opponent which really fit into the African Style of Play though let’s see how she does that against highly physical opponents like Cameroon, Cote’d’ivoire, Zambia and Tanzania, but again she isn’t restricted to the Left wing alone and she can slot into both flanks but again she looks more Comfortable on the Left.. That tracking back aspect I still find it more like a tie between her and Kanu..!

So finally finally we don rule out Fransisca Ordega or what are my seeing..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:44pm On Jan 23
Rinsola comes across as a bit more disciplined in doing this.
Also, here level of physical play is very high, as she’s a big girl… 5’9, or 5’10. She is no pushover.

Sooner or later, the older gen players need to be phased out.
Deltamani:

To me the major asset Rinsola is bringing to the wing is her good crosses and her ability to combine pace, skills and Physical body hits kind of play, as she’s always ready to body her opponent, but again she isn’t restricted to the Left wing alone and she can slot into both flanks but again she looks more Comfortable on the Left.. That tracking back aspect I still find it more like a tie between her and Kanu..!

So finally finally we don rule out Fransisca Ordega or what are my seeing..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:58pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:
Rinsola comes across as a bit more disciplined in doing this.
Also, here level of physical play is very high, as she’s a big girl…

Sooner or later, the older gen players need to be phased out.

Yeah, yeah Rinsola has mastered her game, I think she need to give out lessons on how to do that effectively..

The only Older gals in the attacking set up right now is Iffy, Oshoala and Franny (30+) being the oldest among them..!

Uchenna Kanu still remains the most complete Player upfront among them all.. Her move to Racing Louisville haven’t sparked yet, but if this season turns out well for her i bet taking her off the starting 11 will be difficult cause she’s a hell of a player ( Uses Both feet’s effectively, A born goal scorer, dangerous in the air). If you notice her right from U20 to College and now Pro, you will see that the defensive aspect of her game have improved a lot which respects must be paid to Linkoping LFC. Cause Playing in Sweden as a forward you ain’t entirely free cause you get to do a lot of to and fro movement.. One thing I noticed about the Swedish women football League Clubs..!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:27pm On Jan 23
Speedy Rofiat Imuran

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:28pm On Jan 23
I'll hold my judgement on Rinsola till she has had a stretch of games with the Falcons. I won't make assumptions on probable, she has to deliver on the pitch or otherwise before we can reach a conclusion. I however think she needs to be given a chance for that to happen.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:32pm On Jan 23
Again if Randy Waldrum will keep on Playing Ashleigh Plumptre at Left Back then he need to start sorting out for other Center Backs as Alternative for Ohale and Demehin now…

Ogbonna Akudo is very much Average though she’s still trying..

Maureen Umeughochukwu (22yrs) need a look as she’s well built for a Center Back just like Wendie Renard who’s her Mentor..

There are a lot of CB’s based in Turkey too the likes of Mariam Ibrahim, Ugochi Emenayo etc but are they up to the Challenge even though they have played for the Youth National Team and been around the SuperFalcons set up in the past on some occasions..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:33pm On Jan 23
My issue with her is her inconsistency and her decision making is something suspect.
She could have been a much better and more lethal player if those 2 aspects were addressed.
These are the key main reasons why she has struggled and failed to maintain a starting role at Racing.

She strikes me as one of those players who are more effective coming off the bench.
Deltamani:

Yeah, yeah Rinsola has mastered her game, I think she need to give out lessons on how to do that effectively..

The only Older gals in the attacking set up right now is Iffy, Oshoala and Franny (30+) being the oldest among them..!

Uchenna Kanu still remains the most complete Player upfront among them all.. Her move to Racing Louisville haven’t sparked yet, but if this season turns out well for her i bet taking her off the starting 11 will be difficult cause she’s a hell of a player ( Uses Both feet’s effectively, A born goal scorer, dangerous in the air). If you notice her right from U20 to College and now Pro, you will see that the defensive aspect of her game have improved a lot which respects must be paid to Linkoping LFC. Cause Playing in Sweden as a forward you ain’t entirely free cause you get to do a lot of to and fro movement.. One thing I noticed about the Swedish women football League Clubs..!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:39pm On Jan 23
Didn’t know Mariam was in Turkey?
The issue with Turkey is it is a comparatively poor league, so the products coming out of there aren’t really strong, IMO.

Maureen Umeugo seems to look the part, based on the little I’ve seen of her. Let’s see if Randy is in alignment with this also.
Deltamani:
Again if Randy Waldrum will keep on Playing Ashleigh Plumptre at Left Back then he need to start sorting out for other Center Backs as Alternative for Ohale and Demehin now…

Ogbonna Akudo is very much Average though she’s still trying..

Maureen Umeughochukwu (21+)need a look as she’s well built for a Center Back just like Wendie Renard who’s her Mentor..

There are a lot of CB’s based in Turkey too the likes of Mariam Ibrahim, Ugochi Emenayo etc but are they up to the Challenge even though they have played for the Youth National Team and been around the SuperFalcons set up in the past on some occasions..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:56pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:
The issue with Turkey is it is a comparatively poor league, so the products coming out of there aren’t really strong, IMO.

Maureen Umeugo seems to look the part, based on the little I’ve seen of her. Let’s see if Randy is in alignment with this also.

Yeah yeah Mariam Ibrahim former U20 Center Back 2014 set and One of Thomas Dennerby favorite Home Based Center Back.. A very Big Defender with a threatening Physique have been in Turkey since the 2021/22 if I’m not mistaking…

She’s already 28yrs don’t think she’s going to be that Center Back to look out for anymore.. U25 should be better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss2X_AJwyxM?si=ZE8BqPdjhu-_XGwx

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:59pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:

Maureen Umeh 27 October, 2001(age 22) surely look the path as age is very much on her side, Though currently playing in 🇫🇷 Div2, her management still need to work out the chance of Playing in D1 next season for her to stand more chance of breaking into the SuperFalcons

One thing that captured my attention is her Similar style of Play with Veteran French CB Wendie Renard, both in height and appearance!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:01pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:
My issue with her is her inconsistency and her decision making is something suspect.
She could have been a much better and more lethal player if those 2 aspects were addressed.
These are the key main reasons why she has struggled and failed to maintain a starting role at Racing.

She strikes me as one of those players who are more effective coming off the bench.

Her Inconsistency for some time seems to have been working against her, but again she has every quality of being the best forward in the team.. Let’s watch out for her this season as she should be able to hold on to her starting Spot and deliver those goals..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:30pm On Jan 23
Christy Ucheibe vs Mercy Idoko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23
Deltamani:
Christy Ucheibe vs Mercy Idoko
Mercy Idoko... my favourite. She is my type of winger, fast, robust and physical.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:00pm On Jan 23
She plays for Racing Power in Portugal now, it seems.
mostob:
Mercy Idoko... my favourite. She is my type of winger, fast, robust and physical.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:08pm On Jan 23
AkinDS:
She plays for Racing Power in Portugal now, it seems.
Ok...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:21pm On Jan 24
Name: Umeugochukwu C. Maureen
Position: Central denfense
D.O.B: 27th October 2001
Dominant Foot: Right
Height: 1.84 Meters
Weight: 74 KG
Nationality: Nigerian
Place of Birth: Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymZSYRY55UE?si=aQNMiIc9lwOM1MPQ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24
I hope plumptre is not planning to sit out the Olympics qualifiers next month

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:58pm On Jan 24
isan:
I hope plumptre is not planning to sit out the Olympics qualifiers next month

Don’t think so, By the way Randy is back!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:04pm On Jan 24
Set for Pre-Season

Former Bayelsa Queens Duo of Macleans Chinonyerem and Favour Emmanuel will be Playing together at Lokomotive Moscow,🇷🇺

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Banuso99

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.