Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness (11376 Views)

Ndigbo In Nigeria: History Is My Witness By Joe Igbokwe / "One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri / Ondo PDP Guber Candidate, Jimoh Ibrahim Has Secretly Met President Buhari Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2016

Reno Omokri, special assistant to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan on new media, says in spite of his constant criticism, he prays twice daily for President Muhammadu Buhari.

Omokri, a pastor, said the Bible is not against chastising leaders, and noted that the president is often oblivious to the things happening in the country.

Consequently, he said Nigerians have a responsibility to inform the president of developments that “sycophants” surrounding him may not reveal.

In a video posted on his Facebook page, Omokri said: [b]“People have been asking some questions about why I was criticising President Buhari. It’s as if a lot of people don’t understand what is happening.

“They say ‘Reno you are a pastor, you are not meant to criticise the president… the Bible says you should pray for our leaders’. This is simply a case of misunderstanding what the Bible is talking about.

“I pray for president Buhari every single day. The Lord is my witness. May the Lord punish me if I’m lying. I shouldn’t be saying this. I’m being forced to say this because of the email I have been getting. I pray for him twice a day — morning and night.

“That is what the Bible says but the Bible did not say we should not criticise our leaders. If you read the Bible, Jesus in (Luke 13 vs 32) criticised King Herod.

“In 2nd Samuel 12 vs 1-14, Nathan the prophet criticised David. Before then, Samuel himself criticised Saul in 1st Kings chapter 17 and 18.

“When you criticise people, it doesn’t mean you hate them. It means you love them and [you are] showing them the way to go. The people who wound you, criticise and correct you, are your real friends.

“Buhari, a lot of times, does not know what is happening in the country. I have been in the presidential villa where I was a spokesman to the former president.

“Till today, that president still holds me in high regards and I am the only one of his spokesmen he kept after office and I can still speak for him today.

“The man has confidence in me but when we were in the villa, you could see how people were so sycophantic. They will tell him things were okay and when I want to speak, someone will hit me on the back and say ‘don’t talk’.

“So, the president needs people who are patriots who love the country to tell him what is happening. The president may not know that a bag of rice is N20, 000, he may not know that bread is about N300. He may not know that Nigerians are buying dollars for N500 at the black market.

“He needs people to tell him what is going on. We have to tell him what is going on. God forbid that I would use foul words against the Lord’s anointed. I would never insult the president. If God does not want him to be president, he wouldn’t be.”[/b]

https://www.thecable.ng/reno-omokri-pray-buhari-twice-day-lord-witness

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2016
“When you criticise people, it doesn’t mean you hate them. It means you love them and [you are] showing them the way to go. The people who wound you, criticise and correct you, are your real friends.
Gbam!

But the problem with APC traducers is the incessant and unsolicited criticisms, they criticized Jonathan's administration when they were the opposition party, and now they are still uphold such criticisms even when they are now the ruling party. The moment people begin to see and project others as the sole cause of their failures, the moment their performance begin to decline.

It is a pity that some people have decided to tag anyone who dissenters and opposes the flaws and contraventions of this govt as a wailer.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by sarrki(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2016
U know get option

Less I forget

Which kind of prayer?

Let it be as you wish him

9 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by sarrki(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2016
blueto:

See you

As op and Ftc

The change should begin with you bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2016
With or without your prayer, PMB shall succeed.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 12, 2016
sarrki:

See you

As op and Ftc

The change should begin with you bro
Hilarious, how does being the first to comment incriminate me? I don't think it does.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Young03(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2016
video of him praying for buhari or...he just need attention

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by eleojo23: 9:53am On Oct 12, 2016
undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by malton: 9:57am On Oct 12, 2016
PassingShot:
With or without your prayer, PMB shall succeed.

Help me tell am!

Why did he not pray the same for his boss. And if he did, does it mean the prayers weren't answered? If so, what makes him think that PMB needs his ineffective prayers to begin with?

Guy is a clown!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by hucienda: 10:00am On Oct 12, 2016
grin grin grin Reno ooo cheesy

Reminds me of The Donald to Hillary at the second presidential debate in Missouri.

“No, I’m a gentleman, Hillary, go ahead.”

Classic Irony. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by omofunaab(m): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2016
It's expected of a pastor to pray for his nation and for his president.. .kini big deal?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by jodavid(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
I pray for him too..

Very fervently..

My prayer point is centered on ousting him out come 2019.

May the eyes of zombies who will quote this post be opened shocked to see that this hardship is real.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by veekid(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
angry
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
There is somebody here, something has been telling you to ask for my account details and do some lovely transfers. It is not late yet!!!.. stop struggling with it.
Ask for it NOW and receive divine testimony !!!

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
if everyone start talking now sad i swear you don't have an idea how often i pray to God on his behave.... I always pray to God to give him a better brain angry
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by DLondonboiy: 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
Lol
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Millz404(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
Wetin come concern us??

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by freya8(f): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2016
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by yeyeboi(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2016
How many times did you pray when you served as an SSA. ..

Please keep prayers to yourself....

I hate it when I see former government officials forming saints....

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2016
grin

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Mujaheeeden: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2016
I also pray for buhari to have sense

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Okijajuju1(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2016
Maybe thats what has been affecting his concentration.

Reno Omokiri, please stop praying for our President.. angry angry angry

Pray for yourself that God should forgive you for aiding and abetting corruption in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2016
[size=15pt] RENO OMOKRI...[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Bombolistic: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2016
PMB caused all that is happening. Take for instance, he closed all borders when Nigeria is not producing to capability thereby plunging us into recession. Even the rice production in abakaliki is not enough for the state not to talk of the entire nation
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by martineverest(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2016
g
Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 12, 2016
undecided Stylishly Looking for appointments. He's no different from ffk. Give them food, they'll sing like a bird

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Does this guy have any court case?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Newbiee: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Looking for an appointment

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Walelavender(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2016
Reno, the greatest Critic of our time grin. This guy can criticize anything, but can't stomach being hit back. Criticize him and get blocked as his follower on Twitter.
Who needs his hypocritical prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 12, 2016
Yes nah. Praying for him to fail so that PDP returns in 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) / PDP Condemns Detention Of Social Media Critic Shola Over Criticism Of Kwara Govt / President Buhari Departs Abuja For AU Summit In Ethiopia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.