Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (77213 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
princenomics:
Please how advisable is it to have a cucumber farm close to a river?
If you you are sure such river will not one day overflow into your farm, it's good. The river will be ur source of water for your irrigation.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by feran15(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
jephito:

Yes... You can even start with less. All you need is to be ready to do some of the work yourself

Problem is i cant find land to rent anywhere around me. And I'm in a private school so my movement is kind of restricted
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by feran15(m): 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
jephito:

Yes... You can even start with less. All you need is to be ready to do some of the work yourself

Problem is i cant find land to rent anywhere around me. And I'm in a private school so my movement is kind of restricted.
I school in ogunstate covenant university to be exact but live in Lagos around ayobo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
feran15:

Problem is i cant find land to rent anywhere around me. And I'm in a private school so my movement is kind of restricted.
I school in ogunstate covenant university to be exact but live in Lagos around ayobo

You can't do cucumber under such private school restrictions..... I advise you face your studies for now.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by feran15(m): 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
jephito:

You can't do cucumber under such private school restrictions..... I advise you face your studies for now.

Was just looking for a way to make my money work for me while in school. But thanks for taking time. To reply me

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by es144000: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please add 07080554223 to the Cocumber group
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by dorispray: 6:35am On Apr 11, 2017
feran15:

I know that you can get Land to lease for farming in iyana-iyesi area of Ogun state, seems that is closer to your location. You can send me an email if you don't mind.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by feran15(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
dorispray:

I know that you can get Land to lease for farming in iyana-iyesi area of Ogun state, seems that is closer to your location. You can send me an email if you don't mind.

i have emailed you. thanks
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by princenomics: 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
If you you are sure such river will not one day overflow into your farm, it's good. The river will be ur source of water for your irrigation. [/quote]

Thank you. I appreciate you
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by drisaac4luv(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
Thanks a lot for this insight. I want to start my own cucumber vegetation using a plot of land but i will prefer using sacking plantation system. The problem is that, how can i sell it when its done for harvest because people don't really buy it at my place, Iwo, Osun state. Can you buy it from me when the time is right....
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by enolife2(m): 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
good evening cucumber farmers
am really learning a lot here and am planning to started farming cucumber too
please can this cucumber be planted in Akwa Ibom start?
what are the things I need to be a successful cucumber farmer?

where can I buy the seed?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by enolife2(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
drisaac4luv:
Thanks a lot for this insight. I want to start my own cucumber vegetation using a plot of land but i will prefer using sacking plantation system. The problem is that, how can i sell it when its done for harvest because people don't really buy it at my place, Iwo, Osun state. Can you buy it from me when the time is right....

start small, use it to find buyers
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
drisaac4luv:

Why produce what you don't have market for? First,, do your research identity your market before cultivation.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
enolife2:
good evening cucumber farmers
am really learning a lot here and am planning to started farming cucumber too
please can this cucumber be planted in Akwa Ibom start?
what are the things I need to be a successful cucumber farmer?

where can I buy the seed?
Read through the thread sir
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
I have sent a mail to you to be added to your whatsapp group. thanks
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by drisaac4luv(m): 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
Good evening pals. Today, i cleared my 1plots of land i want to use for planting cucumber. Please, i need the following;
i. do i need to plough the land after rigorous clearing.
ii. i want to use cow dung as manure, how will i prepare its solution (will i put it just like that on the spot i want to plant or will i add it to water, and put it on the soil.
iii. is technisem seeds good for planting, bcoz thats what they sell for me.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by shennyblaq: 3:16am On May 01, 2017
Don't you stake d cucumber? Nd whic method do you use in staking? If possible support wit graphics
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by shennyblaq: 4:25am On May 01, 2017
Pls add me up to cucumber whatsapp group.....07066565939
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by hasami: 10:29am On May 10, 2017
shennyblaq:
Pls add me up to cucumber whatsapp group.....07066565939

pls add me to the cucumber group 08060662897
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by samzx: 11:25pm On May 10, 2017
Pls kindly add me to the group pls 08034547587
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Chibenze(m): 1:21am On May 13, 2017
i want to plant cucumber using sack farming (cement bag). i intend planting 4 seed per bag on two hundred cement bag......all things being good how many bag of cucumber can i produce from it?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 6:40am On May 13, 2017
Chibenze:

i want to plant cucumber using sack
farming (cement bag). i intend planting
4 seed per bag on two hundred
cement bag......all things being good
how many bag of cucumber can i
produce from it?

First, the four seed per sack is two much. If you're planting hybrid, two per sack is fine.

To your second question, I don't think anyone can accurately answer that your question.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Chibenze(m): 8:18am On May 13, 2017
jephito:

First, the four seed per sack is two much. If you're planting hybrid, two per sack is fine.

To your second question, I don't think anyone can accurately answer that your question.
so if i plant two seed per cement bag ie total of 800hundred seed. in rough estimate what how many bag can one get?

also how much gram of seed is ok to buy 50gram?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 3:22pm On May 13, 2017
Chibenze:
so if i plant two seed per cement bag ie total of 800hundred seed. in rough estimate what how many bag can one get?

also how much gram of seed is ok to buy 50gram?

If I tell you you will make a specific bag.... It's a lie. Go on with ur plans or better stil multiply your plants by average of two fruits... You can do ur rough estimation with that.

30g will suffice
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Chibenze(m): 4:32pm On May 13, 2017
jephito:

If I tell you you will make a specific bag.... It's a lie. Go on with ur plans or better stil multiply your plants by average of two fruits... You can do ur rough estimation with that.

30g will suffice
thanks sir
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by tabontabon: 8:48pm On May 19, 2017
please what is the current price of cucumber per sack now?

could you place the invite link for your cucumber group here for easier access.

jephito:

30g will suffice
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Emtol01: 8:13am On May 20, 2017
Keenly following
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by HarinFams(f): 7:51am On May 24, 2017
Kindly add me to the Whatsapp grp Pls...08030484401. Thanks
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by julibaba: 9:00am On May 24, 2017
Kindly add me to cuccumber whatsapp group 07033304574
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Nobody: 10:49am On May 24, 2017
My name is olatunde onabanjo MD / CEO OLUWAJOMILOJU FARMS LTD IN IBADAN I am the owner of the pen located on a 60 by 120 on a full plot of land at asabari area kuola close to akala express ibadan with the measurements of 60 by 120 with 4 rooms and one bath and one toilet. i am into green house tomatoes and I need to expand the bussiness thats why am selling it out or renting it out. interested buyer should call on 08020917141 or add me on whatsapp so I can send you the pictures I tried attaching it but it may not show ..don't know why...thanks
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by iambabatunde: 5:12am On May 26, 2017
Please @jephito...can u help me out, I'm starting cucumber farming on a plot of land... Can u put me thru? I've read the threads/posts... U can add me on whatsapp 07066381311
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Emtol01: 6:44am On Jun 05, 2017
Good day my mentor, @Jephito, pls I wanna ask which of the varieties of cucumber is best suited for commercial purpose. I'm now planting market-more for experimentation. God willing my result will determine what variety I will plant for commercial purpose. U are really an Inspiration to the youths. Pls add me to ur WhatsApp 08039272538. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Huge Crocodile Caught Alive Behind A Nairalander's Poultry Farm In Ogun State / King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap / Top 10 Food Crops Produced In Nigeria..which State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.