Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (77199 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
xoxo001:
Op, Abeg na how many plots of Land u used?

I used 1½ plots

aboutbiz:
oga weldone sir. please sir where can one sell these cucumber and how do they sell it
Your location matters when selling. How and where you sell it depends on your target market. I'm in Lagos and I sell at Mile 12. I sell in bags while some else where sell using weighing scale.

xoxo001:
Op, Abeg na how many plots of Land u used?

I used 1½ plots
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
New project in the pipeline.... To commence soon
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by tkwo: 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
Please I really want to know how to sell at mile 12. Can anybody take his produce to sell or he needs to register? What are the procedures sir. Patiently waiting for your response. Thank you.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
tkwo:
Please I really want to know how to sell at mile 12. Can anybody take his produce to sell or he needs to register? What are the procedures sir. Patiently waiting for your response. Thank you.
Yes anybody can take his produce there, but you can't sell buy yourself neither can you dictate the price.

You will handover to the agent there who will sell for you on commission.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by FarmTech(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
jephito:

Cucumber can be planted in dry season without getting bitter, provided it gets adequate water.

Tnks. I'll like to plant it this dry season but I want to be triple sure. Have u ever planted it in the dry season. If yes, which variety? Pardon me pls.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
FarmTech:

Tnks. I'll like to plant it this dry season but I want to be triple sure. Have u ever planted it in the dry season. If yes, which variety? Pardon me pls.

I planted an open pollinated OP variety called Marketer from Technisem
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by tkwo: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2016
jephito:

Yes anybody can take his produce there, but you can't sell buy yourself neither can you dictate the price.

You will handover to the agent there who will sell for you on commission.

Thanks so much. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by tkwo: 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
Can u please help with the current price per bag and approximate number of Cucmber per bag. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Arvinkris(m): 5:42am On Nov 10, 2016
Is marketer good ? In terms of yield, maturity duration n disease resistance?

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2016
tkwo:
Can u please help with the current price per bag and approximate number of Cucmber per bag. Thank you

Current price per bag I don't know but the last I sold around 2 weeks ago was 3k5

Average cucumber per bag: this depends on the size of cucumber and the type of sack. However, I've never counted before so I can't tell.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2016
Arvinkris:
Is marketer good ? In terms of yield, maturity duration n disease resistance?

Marketer is an Op and it's nowhere near even the worst hybrid I terms of what you mentioned above.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by tkwo: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
jephito:

Current price per bag I don't know but the last I sold around 2 weeks ago was 3k5

Average cucumber per bag: this depends on the size of cucumber and the type of sack. However, I've never counted before so I can't tell.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
tkwo:

Thank you so much.
You're welcome
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Ovamboland(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2016
Please can you give the total number of bags harvested over the 70 day period and the approximate weight of the bags.

Do you use the bag size for 50 kg rice or the bigger 100 kg size as your standard bag?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by FarmTech(m): 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
jephito:

I planted an open pollinated OP variety called Marketer from Technisem

Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by FarmTech(m): 11:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
jephito:

Last time i counted, one bag contains 88. Both big and small. Actual number will vary depending on size.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by FarmTech(m): 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
jephito:
http://www.businessdayonline.com/real-estate-firms-are-taking-over-farming-areas/

My interview with Businessday Newspaper

Congrat man. Though i couldnt access the full content.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Dadanoah(m): 5:47am On Nov 19, 2016
Gudmrng, pls i want kno d different between cucumber tokyo2 f1 and nagano f1. which one is more productive? it use how many days bfore it start harvest?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 5:59am On Nov 19, 2016
Dadanoah:
Gudmrng, pls i want kno d different between cucumber tokyo2 f1 and nagano f1. which one is more productive? it use how many days bfore it start harvest?
They are both hybrids and have about same gestation period.

Tokyo F1 produces greener fruits which is more market friendly than Nagano. Let me not mention the yield..
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Dadanoah(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
jephito:

They are both hybrids and have about same gestation period.

Tokyo F1 produces greener fruits which is more market friendly than Nagano. Let me not mention the yield..
please mention d yield
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dadanoah:
please mention d yield
... Cos I don't know about it
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by donifez(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
I sent you a mail using this mail (donifez224@gmail.com) ,pls do attend to the request.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
donifez:
I sent you a mail using this mail (donifez224@gmail.com) ,pls do attend to the request.

Please check now
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
I have finally opened the Whatsapp group "Cucumber Farming"
For those interested, send a mail to my signature.

Use your phone number as the subject when sending the mail. Thanks.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by obanlaIsaiah(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2017
Add me to your cucumber group 08035363579
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by toyej: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
been trying agritropic phone numbers both are switched off need seeds urgently i live in egbeda. Please can someone tell me where else i can get cucumber & watermelon seeds
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by clem62000(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Pls add me to the group 08090539587
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Ademat7(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
jephito:
I have finally opened the Whatsapp group "Cucumber Farming"

For those interested, send a mail to my signature.

Use your phone number as the subject when sending the mail. Thanks.
in case peeps need someone to manage their cucumber farm; Yes I can and I can help people sell @mile12 too(good quantity)
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by princenomics: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please how advisable is it to have a cucumber farm close to a river?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by feran15(m): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2017
Can one use 90k to start a cucumber farm? I am a student and i dont have land
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
feran15:
Can one use 90k to start a cucumber farm? I am a student and i dont have land

Yes... You can even start with less. All you need is to be ready to do some of the work yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Huge Crocodile Caught Alive Behind A Nairalander's Poultry Farm In Ogun State / King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap / Top 10 Food Crops Produced In Nigeria..which State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.