Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank (20199 Views)

6 Reasons You Should Not Drive Your Car On Empty Tank / Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This / Here’s Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On An Empty Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by streetzdreamz(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
moscobabs:

exactly bro.

sometime I even fight the rule attendant that my fuel is short when I buy 10-15 ltrs

thank u for this
lols,I almost fought one too until i had an issue with d fuel pump, before I changed d pump the reserve light was on, so when the mechanic was changing d pump,I took a peek at the tank, and I was amazed at the fuel that was still inside,so I decided to confirm my findings by making use of d reserve to its max, when I knew ma fuel pump was in danger zone I went to a gas station and bought exactly 15litres, the gauge just gave me a notification that its still functional by nodding upwards a bit, then back to ma reserve light on level,that was how I confirmed I still have 10-15litres when that light comes on.
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
streetzdreamz:
140+ lols, and dt vehicle was just gliding on as if it was on glacier right ahead of you, d amazing part is,its just a four plugged engine, but it moves as though its gat a v6-v8 engine under its hood.

You know the vehicle so well, do you own or driven one? The speed it churns out is beyond the look of the car. Quite unrealistic.
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by cana882(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
PeakMilkOfTexas:

I think an original complete fuel pump should be around 5k or thereabout... Why not E-test/diagnose your Car, that way you will know where the fault truly is.
thanks. I'll do just that.
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by PeakMilkOfTexas(f): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Alvin007:

I'm good... wink
How's your day going?
Stressful but Keeping up.
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by streetzdreamz(m): 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
O0ni:

You know the vehicle so well, do you own or driven one? The speed it churns out is beyond the look of the car. Quite unrealistic.
have gat friends as transporters, so I know a lil bout their rides, Volkswagen products generally beats ones imaginations.
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by JoBabs(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
moscobabs:

bro ..is it not the one am seeing on the dashboard?

Yah it is it might probably be malfunctioning... if u know what I'm saying...
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by xcitedjay(m): 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
nurey:

3.5L V6 368hp 2010 Toyota Camry.

I never thought a common Kia would have that kind of power to disintegrate the Camry, that Kia has a 274hp I4 turbo.

The car wowed me when it kept up with me at 160km/h. Well have known now not to underestimate any car, I also nearly made same mistake when I wanted to race with a first generation sienna against one old model BMW V8. I didn't even know anything about it until someone posted classic cars and I saw the BMW car among them.

It's actually a 268hp engine.
Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by EvilSirit: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2016
streetzdreamz:
have gat friends as transporters, so I know a lil bout their rides, Volkswagen products generally beats ones imaginations.
You are absofckinlutely right on this... I marvel on highways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? / Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.