Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

The So-called Toilet Infections In Women - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women (49395 Views)

Highest Ever Daily New Infections In SA, Lockdown EXTENDED AGAIN / Perfect Remedy For Toilet Infections Tested And Trusted / Toilet Infections Should Be Treated With All Seriousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by proffemi: 6:58am On Nov 28, 2016
proffemi:
Please state your qualifications, and I will state mine...doofus.

I see that none of our initial set of "doctors" have been kind enough to tell us where they serve as consultants. While your so-called plebs can nurse irritating theories and cling obstinately to superstition, don't make the mistake of assuming there aren't any intelligent people outside of clinical practice.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by jack00000: 7:18am On Nov 28, 2016
I don't have but I have examined different ones.....i know it's hard for you to practice, use only clean water to clean up. Take it or leave it. When u develop health challenge as regards that, Na u e go pain
repogirl:
Do you have a vagina? No!

So shut up, thank you.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Triple333: 7:24am On Nov 28, 2016
Thanks a lot. My wife is having Candidiasis (fungal infection) from the results of the test she went for some days ago. And the doctor wrote some drugs for her which cost 5500 and mine is 1500 (even though I haven't gone to see the doctor myself). But I am still thinking if we should go for herbs. because we are tired of taking drugs on the same issues. Tank u
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2016
slimfresh:
.......i beg to differ bro, there is every possibility of a woman getting infected by using public toilet... For the record I am a MICRIBIOLOGIST... Just as the OP has pointed out the major microbes that are part of the normal flora of the vagina are Candida albicans and lactobacillus acidi, the lacto bacillus acidi keeps the Candida in check by reducing the pH of the vagina now if the population of the bacteria is reduced drastically either by alteration of immune system or other cultural practices the yeast will overgrow. However what the OP failed to point out is that some diseases that are even classified as sexually transmitted can be contracted through the uhygenic use of toiletries a typical example is gonorrhoea (this case aplies to females alone) caused by the microbe neiserra gonorrhoea which is the only pathogenic gram negative bacteria that exists as a cocci (Its actually a diplicocci) ......if a lady shares the potti with an ifected lady (not in the incubation stage) lests assume they pee in the same potti, during this process the potti got filled and a sizeable part of the infected pee (note that the pee is expected to be sterile but in a UTI case like this it is not) found it's way into the victims vagina she becomes infected besides there are other microbes a lady could pick up from using public toilet. What OP should have done was to specify those that can't be picked up from the toilet example which is the candidiasis.

Did u even read what u quoted?
Did u see where it is clearlt written that some of this infections are actually caused by sef and unhygienic practices?
Did u also read that most of the STDs virus that u may find in the toilet have a very shot life span outside the body like many other viruses? Did u also read that the possibility of getting as much virus to give u a disease is low as ideally ur immune system shoukd knock it off. There is nothing termed Toilet disease. There are many things that can cause an infection,(UTI or STD), so cos u have an itch or whatever can't be termed "Toilet disease". As a matter of fact, many actually result to selfe medication without knowing what is really wrong with them, hence symptoms may go for a while and when it comes back they blame a toilet they used somewhere. As u know many UTIs and STIs may have similar symptoms. Some of them actualt have an STD, but they are busy treating "toilet infection". Then when symptoms go and come back, they say its one toilet they used somewhere. Many of them shouting public toilets, those toilets are even cleaner that the ones in their homes. U ended up repeating most of what i said.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by slimfresh(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2016
doosen:
how can someone treat styph aureus that have enter resistance to antibiotics.
.... It's simple go for MCS Then you will know exactly which drug to use... But it t is noteworthy to clarify that all these people shouting staph aureus upandan as tho it's one terrible microbe are actually wrong.... Staph aureus is actually part of the normal flora of the skin naturally non pathogenic but it shouldn't be found in the blood as it leads to bacteremia... There is also possibilities that such naturally non pathogenic microbe become pathogenic after the acqisation of virulence factor through transfer of genes (won't go into the details) in most cases such microbes are picked up from hospitals some cultural practices such as indiscriminate use of incomplete dose of antibiotics could lead to antibiotics resistance in general.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by slimfresh(m): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Did u even read what u quoted?
Did u see where it is clearlt written that some of this infections are actually caused by sef and unhygienic practices?
Did u also read that most of the STDs virus that u may find in the toilet have a very shot life span outside the body like many other viruses? Did u also read that the possibility of getting as much virus to give u a disease is low as ideally ur immune system shoukd knock it off. There is nothing termed Toilet disease. There are many things that can cause an infection,(UTI or STD), so cos u have an itch or whatever can't be termed "Toilet disease". As a matter of fact, many actually result to selfe medication without knowing what is really wrong with them, hence symptoms may go for a while and when it comes back they blame a toilet they used somewhere. As u know many UTIs and STIs may have similar symptoms. Some of them actualt have an STD, but they are busy treating "toilet infection". Then when symptoms go and come back, they say its one toilet they used somewhere. Many of them shouting public toilets, those toilets are even cleaner that the ones in their homes. U ended up repeating most of what i said.
how can you start mentioning virus wn OP said nothing about virus just because I intentionally desist from pointing out that logical set back doesn't meant it was unoticed.... How can someone have a viral Infection and link it with toilet? Who does that? Besides read through my comment properly you will notice the huge difference in our reasoning.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 7:51am On Nov 28, 2016
slimfresh:
how can you start mentioning virus wn OP said nothing about virus just because I intentionally desist from pointing out that logical set back doesn't meant it was unoticed.... How can someone have a viral Infection and link it with toilet? Who does that? Besides read through my comment properly you will notice the huge difference in our reasoning.

We are done here microbiologist smiley
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by proffemi: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2016
slimfresh:

Medical personnel trying to clear misconceptions needs to be careful not to compound the problem. Many illiterates trust their doctors less because they say "there is nothing called jedijedi!" when the man is experiencing something, which Iya Al'agunmu called jedijedi and promptly "cured" using concoctions*.

Plebs are not fools. It may take longer to explain, but be straight with them. In the above case, rather than shout "there is nothing called toilet disease", it is much better to explain "what you call toilet disease is really an almagam of non-STI infections that you may get if you don't follow recommended toilet-use practices. However, you cannot get STIs through the toilet".

And to address the elephant in the room, "doctors" like the OP sometimes make outrightly false statements! From his post: "but the fact is that, the so-called toilet infections are not infections gotten from toilets". This is dismissive, and it is wrong! It is true that many ladies hide under this term to explain away STI's but his statement fails to accept that non-STI infections can arise from toilet use, and insults generations of ladies!

My medico friends, please be more responsible as you try to enlighten the public. Thank you.

* I suggest instead, telling your patients something like this: "what you call jedijedi is actually an almalgam of different conditions, and until we test you, we won't know which one of them ails you"

3 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2016
jack00000:
I don't have but I have examined different ones.....i know it's hard for you to practice, use only clean water to clean up. Take it or leave it. When u develop health challenge as regards that, Na u e go pain
Mr. Examiner, you have finally made a valid point by saying use water to clean up especially after a splash but is water available in a public toilet ? The best we can do is dab with a tissue.

Finally outrightly saying toilet disease doesn't exist is wrong or that one can't get infected from toilet water splashes is wrong because obviously one can. That's my point .
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Royruky(m): 8:22am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Gosh, delerx, kindly ignore this pleb. This is the problem i have with the internet, filled with ITK people. That was how one quoted me to be blabbing nonsense on the abortion thread. Also saw one ITK in a thread where someone posted a pic of a cousin's head, with so many swellings, he was blasted by the doctor he quoted, the guy was even just a medical student that was talking jargons.

As for u that I quoted. There is NOTHING like toilet infections. It is true that some of this viruses can be in the toilet sit or whatever, but they don't live long outside the body. As a matter it is very difficult to pick a large amount of virus to cause any disease in the toilet, as an healthy immune system will easily knock it out. The virus even have to penetrate through the urethra or through a cut on the buttocks or something, so it very much unlikely. Normal hygiene of washing hands properly, and wiping of properly after toilet is enough to keep u at harms length. No girl or babe should come and deceive you that she got an infection from the toilet. There is also a difference b/w UTI and STDs. UTI are not contagious or sexually transmitted even though they can cause some discomfort too, especially in women and needs treatment. UTIs are caused by self, improper hygiene mostly after using the toilet not because one virus is waiting for you in the toilet to infect u. Most of what the OP stated are STDs gotten mainly from sex with an infected partner. If anyone is telling he or she got it from the toilet, both of you are deceiving yourselves.

In b/e This is an informative thread. Lalasticlala and Mynd44 this deserves FP. Haba

Kudos. I remembered the medical student case who was arguing with a doctor
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by BioTeck: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Gosh, delerx, kindly ignore this pleb. This is the problem i have with the internet, filled with ITK people. That was how one quoted me to be blabbing nonsense on the abortion thread. Also saw one ITK in a thread where someone posted a pic of a cousin's head, with so many swellings, he was blasted by the doctor he quoted, the guy was even just a medical student that was talking jargons.

As for u that I quoted. There is NOTHING like toilet infections. It is true that some of this viruses can be in the toilet sit or whatever, but they don't live long outside the body. As a matter it is very difficult to pick a large amount of virus to cause any disease in the toilet, as an healthy immune system will easily knock it out. The virus even have to penetrate through the urethra or through a cut on the buttocks or something, so it very much unlikely. Normal hygiene of washing hands properly, and wiping of properly after toilet is enough to keep u at harms length. No girl or babe should come and deceive you that she got an infection from the toilet. There is also a difference b/w UTI and STDs. UTI are not contagious or sexually transmitted even though they can cause some discomfort too, especially in women and needs treatment. UTIs are caused by self, improper hygiene mostly after using the toilet not because one virus is waiting for you in the toilet to infect u. Most of what the OP stated are STDs gotten mainly from sex with an infected partner. If anyone is telling he or she got it from the toilet, both of you are deceiving yourselves.

In b/e This is an informative thread. Lalasticlala and Mynd44 this deserves FP. Haba

You explanation is very lucid however, it makes me more confused as a "non-medical" person...i remembered last year, someone very close to me had to go treat this infection and she was advised by the Doctor to avoid using public toilet...if it's not contactable from toilets, why would a General Hospital Doc advised her against using a public toilet?
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by bakynes(m): 8:40am On Nov 28, 2016
My own question is which one causes the white discharge and rotten fish smell? Is it the STI or UTI or both?
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by jayriginal: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2016
delerx:
Thanks so much my brother. The post actually attracted a lot of visitors to my blog and so far go the highest number of views in all my posts on nairaland. Thanks once again. I need to have you as a friend. My name is Pharm dele 07030409811. That lil boy is not my problem @all.

Pharm is not a title. You are Mr Dele (capitalize your name).

Now to your topic. You say there are no toilet infections but from what you wrote, you assume that people are passing off STDs as toilet infections. Obviously one can pick up infections from a toilet as you noted, in people with cuts, poor hygiene and low immunity. You also failed to distinguish between UTIs and STDs. Its a poor write up to be honest.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2016
BioTeck:

You explanation is very lucid however, it makes me more confused as a "non-medical" person...i remembered last year, someone very close to me had to go treat this infection and she was advised by the Doctor to avoid using public toilet...if it's not contactable from toilets, why would a General Hospital Doc advised her against using a public toilet?

Its possible to get a vaginal infection from the toilet. However the term "toilet diaease" have been used to generalize every infection, even when many of them are not even gotten from the toilet. You see someone who contracted an std tru intercourse tell u she has toilet infection. That is why the phrase is being kicked against. As a matter of fact if u google toilet infections, you wiil see mostly Nigerian sites,but check Vaginal infections, u see webmd and the likes. You wont see any site laying emphatically on toilets. Off course a dr can tell u to be careful of public toilets, becaue it is possible to pick some infections there, but the point is many are actually carrying stds and keep claiming "toilet infections". I don't know if u get what i am trying to say.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 9:08am On Nov 28, 2016
proffemi:

Medical personnel trying to clear misconceptions needs to be careful not to compound the problem. Many illiterates trust their doctors less because they say "there is nothing called jedijedi!" when the man is experiencing something, which Iya Al'agunmu called jedijedi and promptly "cured" using concoctions*.

Plebs are not fools. It may take longer to explain, but be straight with them. In the above case, rather than shout "there is nothing called toilet disease", it is much better to explain "what you call toilet disease is really an almagam of non-STI infections that you may get if you don't follow recommended toilet-use practices. However, you cannot get STIs through the toilet".

And to address the elephant in the room, "doctors" like the OP sometimes make outrightly false statements! From his post: "but the fact is that, the so-called toilet infections are not infections gotten from toilets". This is dismissive, and it is wrong! It is true that many ladies hide under this term to explain away STI's but his statement fails to accept that non-STI infections can arise from toilet use, and insults generations of ladies!

My medico friends, please be more responsible as you try to enlighten the public. Thank you.

* I suggest instead, telling your patients something like this: "what you call jedijedi is actually an almalgam of different conditions, and until we test you, we won't know which one of them ails you"

U are actually right. I understand u perfectly. I guess i fall to this category. My bad even though i am not the OP. But i accept exactly what u insuanated here.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by nelszx: 9:11am On Nov 28, 2016
slimfresh:
.... It's simple go for MCS Then you will know exactly which drug to use... But it t is noteworthy to clarify that all these people shouting staph aureus upandan as tho it's one terrible microbe are actually wrong.... Staph aureus is actually part of the normal flora of the skin naturally non pathogenic but it shouldn't be found in the blood as it leads to bacteremia... There is also possibilities that such naturally non pathogenic microbe become pathogenic after the acqisation of virulence factor through transfer of genes (won't go into the details) in most cases such microbes are picked up from hospitals some cultural practices such as indiscriminate use of incomplete dose of antibiotics could lead to antibiotics resistance in general.

Staphylococcus aureus isnt a normal skin flora it's presence there is pathogenic as it could lead to small foci of infection (boil). It's more a Nasal commensal. I know you will quote me but before then know Staphylococcus epidermidis is the normal skin flora and not aureus. Every other thing you said are spot on
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by nelszx: 9:15am On Nov 28, 2016
bakynes:
My own question is which one causes the white discharge and rotten fish smell? Is it the STI or UTI or both?
STI does, UTI has nothing to do with discharge of whatsoever kind
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Afriface: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2016
Staphylococcus infection can cause a smelly discharge

visit www.eradicateitow..com
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by nelszx: 9:29am On Nov 28, 2016
slimfresh:
.......i beg to differ bro, there is every possibility of a woman getting infected by using public toilet... For the record I am a MICRIBIOLOGIST... Just as the OP has pointed out the major microbes that are part of the normal flora of the vagina are Candida albicans and lactobacillus acidi, the lacto bacillus acidi keeps the Candida in check by reducing the pH of the vagina now if the population of the bacteria is reduced drastically either by alteration of immune system or other cultural practices the yeast will overgrow. However what the OP failed to point out is that some diseases that are even classified as sexually transmitted can be contracted through the uhygenic use of toiletries a typical example is gonorrhoea (this case aplies to females alone) caused by the microbe neiserra gonorrhoea which is the only pathogenic gram negative bacteria that exists as a cocci (Its actually a diplicocci) ......if a lady shares the potti with an ifected lady (not in the incubation stage) lests assume they pee in the same potti, during this process the potti got filled and a sizeable part of the infected pee (note that the pee is expected to be sterile but in a UTI case like this it is not) found it's way into the victims vagina she becomes infected besides there are other microbes a lady could pick up from using public toilet. What OP should have done was to specify those that can't be picked up from the toilet example which is the candidiasis.
Always obey Binomial nomenclature
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by okoji: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2016
This is why Pharmacists are not doctors. Very misinformed post. For your information, you can pick up bacteria infections anywhere including the toilet. You can even get a yeast infection and other infections from hormonal lmbalance, alcohol abuse, use of antibiotics etc. Coming here to spew rubbish and destroying relationships with unnecessary suspicions. To answer everyone's question. YES, you can pick up an infection from the toilet.

delerx:

http://tbsmedlink.com/blog/2016/09/15/the-so-called-toilet-infections-in-women/
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by okoji: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2016
You can even get Candida from using body wash or soap to wash that area. This post makes me so upset. So many dumb, ignorant people here. Talking about you can only get Sexually Transmitted Infections. What of people that are not sexually active with infections. Silly post.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by okoji: 9:50am On Nov 28, 2016
This makes more sense than the rubbish that was said before.
[1quote author=progress69 post=51442816]

Its possible to get a vaginal infection from the toilet. However the term "toilet diaease" have been used to generalize every infection, even when many of them are not even gotten from the toilet. You see someone who contracted an std tru intercourse tell u she has toilet infection. That is why the phrase is being kicked against. As a matter of fact if u google toilet infections, you wiil see mostly Nigerian sites,but check Vaginal infections, u see webmd and the likes. You wont see any site laying emphatically on toilets. Off course a dr can tell u to be careful of public toilets, becaue it is possible to pick some infections there, but the point is many are actually carrying stds and keep claiming "toilet infections". I don't know if u get what i am trying to say.[/quote]
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by progress69: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
okoji:
This makes more sense than the rubbish that was said before.
K
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by runsaway: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
@Op, Your post is mischievous and misleading at best.

Pls review the post from @okoji and @proffemi and correct yourself pls.......

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by BioTeck: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Its possible to get a vaginal infection from the toilet. However the term "toilet diaease" have been used to generalize every infection, even when many of them are not even gotten from the toilet. You see someone who contracted an std tru intercourse tell u she has toilet infection. That is why the phrase is being kicked against. As a matter of fact if u google toilet infections, you wiil see mostly Nigerian sites,but check Vaginal infections, u see webmd and the likes. You wont see any site laying emphatically on toilets. Off course a dr can tell u to be careful of public toilets, becaue it is possible to pick some infections there, but the point is many are actually carrying stds and keep claiming "toilet infections". I don't know if u get what i am trying to say.

Thanks. I understood.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by CRAPHA96(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2016
delerx:
Are u a doctor?pls I need doctors on my whatsapp group.
pls add me in that whatsapp group..i'm a soon to be dr tnx
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by CRAPHA96(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2016
Very useful I will appreciate more if u add me that educative whatsapp group....+226-65-68-14-60
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by EmmyDe25(m): 11:07am On Nov 28, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
This post sure gonna discourage niggas from giving head....

You guys who are into this shi are really trying. I can't even dabble into this to save my life.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:

Anything can give u a itch. Why will a lady aloow toilet water to splash on her VJ by the way. U have a itch does not necessarily mean u have gotten an STD. Many things can cause a itch. A itch is just one of the many symptoms of of UTIs or STDs.

Many of u result to self medication, without knowing what exactly is wrong with u, hence when u treat, and ur other sex partner doesn't, u get reinfected and u blame.on toliet. NOTHING like Toilet infection. U either have a UTI or an STI(D)

Sometimes u use the wrong antibiotics and start seeing symptoms again and again.
lol! So water doesnt splash when you drop something into it?
progress69:

Now you finally agree it's possible to get infections from the toilet. Are you speaking from both sides of your mouth or have you realised your folly and the people you were calling plebs aren't plebs after all?

Wanderlust, your colleague has seen the light, hope you have also. If you haven't, read this. Toilet infections exist.
http://hubpages.com/health/answer/199921/can-you-catch-any-infection--from-toilet-water-splash

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by loteliz(f): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
The truth is, toilet infections are real. I'm a pharmacist and I was taught that there's nothing like toilet infections. But i feel the profession has gone beyond just sticking to the books. When something like this comes up, keep an open mind and do a research. I stayed in the hostel throughout my undergraduate programme and I saw alot of cases. Even girls that aren't sexually exposed got it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by proffemi: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
progress69:
U are actually right. I understand u perfectly. I guess i fall to this category. My bad even though i am not the OP. But i accept exactly what u insuanated here.

Thanks for being so honest. All the best in your future endeavors!

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by folasayolyn(f): 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
well I am a lady. had a vagina all my life. I used to think infections were either transmitted sexually or through hygiene. yet some weeks ago I had uti before you shout ny toilets are very clean and currently not sexually active. when I went to the hospital that's what they were saying luckily I knew the Dr and we were able to talk. no 1 holding urine in to long, not drinking enough water can also cause it. also because my period met me unprepared I used tissue which I wasn't used to. and went long before changing. so me last month would have advised any friend who had issues to suspect her guy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl Dies After Mother Absconded With N3m Donated For Her Brain Surgery / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.