Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed (2877 Views)

GMC Terrain 2011 Engine Refused To Start After Engine Change / Please Help, My Camry Has Refused To Start. / Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:55am On Oct 17, 2016
When you buy a replacement ECU

1 the ECU should be from the same extact car as yours eg engine size and year etc

2 you buy the ECU and the key itself, otherswise you will either throw away the ecu you just bought or go to a proper key program who will program the ECU to your old key.

3 make sure you have knowledge of your immobiliser in your car eg some audis and bmw you cant just buy and ecu the and they key, audi you need buy the full kit i.e ECU, key and the instrument cluster there are all programmed to work as unit if you only buy the ECU and key the car will never start no matter what, then bmw you buy the key,main ECU & security reader ECU

So in your case most likely you needed the ECU and key or else get your old get programmed to ECU you bought but the ECU has to be from a car with is exact as yours model, Engine size and yours

Depending on the knowledge of your mechanic and auto electrian (rewire) you might spend lots of money in wild goose chase

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2016
ZIMDRILL:
When you buy a replacement ECU

1 the ECU should be from the same extact car as yours eg engine size and year etc

2 you buy the ECU and the key itself, otherswise you will either throw away the ecu you just bought or go to a proper key program who will program the ECU to your old key.

3 make sure you have knowledge of your immobiliser in your car eg some audis and bmw you cant just buy and ecu the and they key, audi you need buy the full kit i.e ECU, key and the instrument cluster there are all programmed to work as unit if you only buy the ECU and key the car will never start no matter what, then bmw you buy the key,main ECU & security reader ECU

So in your case most likely you needed the ECU and key or else get your old get programmed to ECU you bought but the ECU has to be from a car with is exact as yours model, Engine size and yours

Depending on the knowledge of your mechanic and auto electrian (rewire) you might spend lots of money in wild goose chase

Thanks for this, appreciate...

Wil feed the house on result of my journey later today
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by diportivo: 7:39am On Oct 17, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

This point is very impt

Very very impt
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
Sure it's Bro, we are making progress.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
I want to take this moment to appreciate all the gurus who contributed to this thread. My car is now up n running. Got someone from ladipo.

I eventually used V0 MEC 33
And all the sensors changed.

I already sold this car, but with faith I refunded the buyer and took this ladipo option.

Costee I appreciate your input so much sir, those airtime and sharing part of your busy time with me just to see the troublesome car up n running. I appreciate you sir.

Diportivo appreciate sir,
GAZZUZZ appreciate your input
Mayor2013 Bro thanks so much. Even tho I didn't make it up to your side again...appreciate

Other gurus in the house... Appreciate all of una

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
with all due respect, Guy you no well cheesy
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by nurey(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

This your comment funny die, but before we start rotfl can you expantiate on the answer.
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

How na grin... Afterall u no agree ma tow am come ur office na
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
princemillla:

How na grin... Afterall u no agree ma tow am come ur office na

Instead make you throw party say the car don finally go, you come buy am back!!
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by princemillla(m): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Instead make you throw party say the car don finally go, you come buy am back!!

You won't understand how much I love the ride. And Costee inspired me a lot on the car. So am keeping it.

Thanks all the same..... Your hatred for nissan no be this world oo

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by mayor2013: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
princemillla:
I want to take this moment to appreciate all the gurus who contributed to this thread. My car is now up n running. Got someone from ladipo.

I eventually used V0 MEC 33
And all the sensors changed.

I already sold this car, but with faith I refunded the buyer and took this ladipo option.

Costee I appreciate your input so much sir, those airtime and sharing part of your busy time with me just to see the troublesome car up n running. I appreciate you sir.

Diportivo appreciate sir,
GAZZUZZ appreciate your input
Mayor2013 Bro thanks so much. Even tho I didn't make it up to your side again...appreciate

Other gurus in the house... Appreciate all of una

That was the same ecu we got for you. All these while those quacks have been chopping your money. Good to hear the car is ok

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by diportivo: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
princemillla:

You won't understand how much I love the ride. And Costee inspired me a lot on the car. So am keeping it.

Thanks all the same..... Your hatred for nissan no be this world oo

No mind d guy undecided

He dey vex me sef tongue
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by torres89: 7:41am On Nov 28, 2016
Costee:

Your vehicle was manufactured in March 2004 [5-speed transmission] with green exterior and beige interior colours. The required part number for your ecm is 23710-CK011. Your stolen ecm has something like this :XB MEC33-025 A1 43xx. The ecm your earlier installed [E2 MEC63-020 B1 4908] was for a 2005 model manufactured on 8 September 2004. There's a chance that the "2003" ecm (how did you determine that?) that you have now will work for your vehicle if the ecm was produced anytime from May 2003.
What do you mean by programming the vin to the ecu? There's nothing like that. What can be done is to write the vin to the ecm, and that feature is only obtainable from 2005 models. Your key was programmed to the ecm, both of them jelled, and your vehicle ignition fired. C'est fini.

please are an auto electrician ?
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 28, 2016
torres89:

please are an auto electrician ?
Not by any chance. I've only come off as a Nissan aficionado.

1 Like

Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by torres89: 8:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Costee:
Not by any chance. I've only come off as a Nissan aficionado.
OK
but can u refer me to good one in Lagos ?
Re: Engine refused to start.. . Urgent Help Needed by honmusa(m): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2016
torres89:

OK
but can u refer me to good one in Lagos ?
call autologic @ 08061166316

(1) (2) (Reply)

Someone Help (car Issues) / We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.